Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 5th March 2021, 18:08   #8321  |  Link
Klaus1189

OK, thanks, I think I understand it now. I disabled "P210" (10-bit), then it displayed "P216" (16-bit) and deinterlacer didn't work either. Then I disabled "P216" and then it displayed YUY2 (8-bit) and deinterlacer works now.
In EVR cp it always shows YUY2. I think it converts P210 automatically to YUY2.

This P210 is also very rare. I doubt this recording was broadcasted in 1920x1080 - 4:2:2 - 10 bit, was it? User who created it probably used an external recorder and set it up this way. Anyway. Thank you for clarifying and helping me to understand that issue.

Klaus1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2021, 18:18   #8322  |  Link
v0lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus1189 View Post
In EVR cp it always shows YUY2. I think it converts P210 automatically to YUY2.
Any EVR does not support P210 (and does not convert). Therefore, it connects to the first supported format from the list that the decoder offers. The decoder converts from the format that FFmpeg outputs to YUY2.

PS: I've been shown this file before and my solution remains the same. I have no plans to add a dedicated convector to MPC VR to support this file. I have many other more urgent tasks.

Last edited by v0lt; 5th March 2021 at 18:46.
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2021, 18:22   #8323  |  Link
Klaus1189

Thanks for info
Old 5th March 2021, 18:46   #8324  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
This P210 is also very rare. I doubt this recording was broadcasted in 1920x1080 - 4:2:2 - 10 bit, was it?
Actually satellite broadcasts are sometimes in such a format, but they are not meant for users but between distribution studios which then get re-broadcast in typical user formats.
Old 5th March 2021, 19:22   #8325  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lt View Post
I have no plans to add a dedicated convector to MPC VR to support this file. I have many other more urgent tasks.
Another more simple solution would be refuse filter connection when mediatype is interlaced P210/P216. The effect will be the same as unchecking those formats in the decoder, but no user action is required.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2021, 04:58   #8326  |  Link
v0lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Another more simple solution would be refuse filter connection when mediatype is interlaced P210/P216.
I wrote a simple solution earlier. Disable P210 and P216 in decoder. These options are made to enable/disable them. Use this!

And do not forget that an ordinary user does not have such interlaced files (only one person on the Internet forces this file).

It is not possible to reliably identify interleaved or progressive video by media type. Many decoders issue the same dwInterlaceFlags for both cases.

Last edited by v0lt; 6th March 2021 at 05:29.
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2021, 10:02   #8327  |  Link
Klaus1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Actually satellite broadcasts are sometimes in such a format, but they are not meant for users but between distribution studios which then get re-broadcast in typical user formats.
Yes, since the user, v0lt indicated to know him , is definitely an end user who doesn't have the distribution file, but a recording with an external recoder or a set top box like my VU+ which puts the decoded video-, audio- and subtitle-stream into a *.ts file. And I never got a 10 bit 4:2:2 file out of it. Looks more like an external recorder of some kind and manual format selection of this user. It also reminds me of MXF files of some professional cameras which recordrs 4 channels of audio and it puts each channel into a single audiostream. Nothing for end users
Old 6th March 2021, 11:03   #8328  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Yes, since the user, v0lt indicated to know him , is definitely an end user who doesn't have the distribution file, but a recording with an external recoder or a set top box like my VU+ which puts the decoded video-, audio- and subtitle-stream into a *.ts file. And I never got a 10 bit 4:2:2 file out of it. Looks more like an external recorder of some kind and manual format selection of this user.
"Normal" people can get access to such satellite streams with the right hardware, its just not something you would normally do if all you want is to watch it.

Why would anyone re-encode a digital signal in a recorder instead of just capturing it as-is? There is always a quality loss involved with that otherwise.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 6th March 2021 at 11:05.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2021, 11:20   #8329  |  Link
Klaus1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
People do weird things:
Example: There were people who played a DVD-Video in a standalone DVD-player and captured them over analog video.

How is this accomplished to get such satellite streams? I can imagine that there is quite expensive hardware required, is it?
Old 6th March 2021, 11:38   #8330  |  Link
Klaus1189

Quote:
In the past the recent files where not shortened with "..." in the pathname, if the path is longer than a specific value. Was there a recent change in the last 2 weeks or so?
Quote:
Would you mind to bring it back? I like it more if the path is fully displayed, probably a checkbox or anything to have a choice maybe? Would be nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lt View Post
It was earlier, but not for all paths. After r5252 done for everything.
@devs:
I tested it for 9 month and I still want it an option for it:
Could you add a checkbox in last page in options so the user has the option to show full path of recent played files (rightclick on eject button). I really would like to have it back. It does not have to be default, no, but the option would be very nice to have. I really beg for it. It is important for me
Checkbox could be called "Show full path in recent played files"
default is unchecked and the user can check it if s(he) wants.
Old 6th March 2021, 13:52   #8331  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
I can imagine that there is quite expensive hardware required, is it?
No, it is not - to receive and directly watch 4:2:2 feeds showing i.e. even non-showing on available ordinary channels sport translations earlier in 5-20 seconds than on ordinary channels in highest possible quality without advertizing including unnecessary tickers (and even without commentary) any inserted (PCI(-E) or USB) in computer SAT-card can receive 8PSK required - i.e. I've bought my Russian OMICOM S2 PCI card about 40$ ~ 10 years ago and I have much powerful (it can receive even 32APSK) but less sensitive TBS 5520SE USB tuner https://www.tbsdtv.com/products/tbs5...r_usb_box.html about 110$ including shipping ~4 years ago and once it's computer there isn't any problem (limited by free space on hard disk only) to record any stream from any received channel.
I know quite expensive set-top-box receiver Azbox can receive and show 4:2:2 directly (without LAN translation to device with 4:2:2 decoder - MPEG2 100% can but may be H264 can't - btw now I sometimes watch H265 4K 4:2:2 feeds like 20180428-175510_4K ENC 3 RMAD VS LEG.ts (563 MB) https://disk.yandex.ru/d/m0s5ztpj3XnUyw as slideshow because there isn't hardware acceleration and my Athlon II x3 460 can decode just about 7 fps).

Last edited by VictorLS; 7th March 2021 at 00:59.
VictorLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2021, 15:06   #8332  |  Link
XoJIogHbIu

In VLC player there is a preload buffer which I can adjust. The buffer allows not to read a file from a hard drive in real time, but to use this buffer before actually playing. This allows to have no interruptions while watching, for example due to high load of HDD from other software. Is there such feature in this player?
В плеере VLC есть функция "буфера предзагрузки видео", которая позволяет загружать видео в буфер в определённом объёме, прежде чем я по факту посмотрю этот фрагмент. Это помогает например в случаях когда другое ПО нагружает HDD и видео при просмотре прерывается и дёргается. Буфер помогает этого избежать. Если ли в этом плеере такая функция? Не смог найти.

Last edited by XoJIogHbIu; 12th March 2021 at 15:30.
XoJIogHbIu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2021, 16:18   #8333  |  Link
huhn

internal filters-> bottom right buffer size.
if this is not accurate enough you could try lav filter it has 2 arguments one for size so you don't run out of ram and one for "duration" in packages ~"frames"
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2021, 18:30   #8334  |  Link
XoJIogHbIu

Thank you friend! But I still couldn't find "lav filter". Unfortunately default maximum buffer size (15 sec) is not enough((

Last edited by XoJIogHbIu; 12th March 2021 at 18:33.
Old 12th March 2021, 18:34   #8335  |  Link
Klaus1189

LAV Filters:
https://files.1f0.de/lavf/nightly/
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191
It is a dedicated project which can be used as external filters in MPC-BE if you want.
Old 12th March 2021, 18:45   #8336  |  Link
JaylumX
Something Else

Maybe someone can help me with this annoying problem. I do not know if this is a bug with MPC-BE but when I play SDR material MPC-BE autochanges to the correct refresh rates I configured in the Fullscreen menu but not when playing HDR material. I have tested this with MPCVR as well as MadVR since they are the only renderers that allow HDR and the effect neither of them autochange to the correct refresh rate.

Selecting "Change display mode before starting playback" outright does not work and affect SDR as well as HDR.

If anyone can help me with my problem, it will be much appreciated?

Cheers
JaylumX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2021, 19:18   #8337  |  Link
XoJIogHbIu

Quote:
LAV Filters
Installed. But I can't figure out how to adjust buffer size, can't see such option in settings.
Old 12th March 2021, 19:39   #8338  |  Link
Grimsdyke

In LAV it is called "Queue Size". You'll find it in the Splitter app and don't forget to set the LAV filters as "prefered" in BE-options.

Last edited by Grimsdyke; 12th March 2021 at 19:43.
Grimsdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2021, 20:11   #8339  |  Link
Klaus1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaylumX View Post
Maybe someone can help me with this annoying problem. I do not know if this is a bug with MPC-BE but when I play SDR material MPC-BE autochanges to the correct refresh rates I configured in the Fullscreen menu but not when playing HDR material. I have tested this with MPCVR as well as MadVR since they are the only renderers that allow HDR and the effect neither of them autochange to the correct refresh rate.

Selecting "Change display mode before starting playback" outright does not work and affect SDR as well as HDR.

If anyone can help me with my problem, it will be much appreciated?

Cheers
Could you post 1 min clips of your files? MKVToolNix can be used to cut out a small segment. I will test for you and investigate
Old 12th March 2021, 20:50   #8340  |  Link
JaylumX
Something Else

Quote:
Could you post 1 min clips of your files? MKVToolNix can be used to cut out a small segment. I will test for you and investigate
Thanks for the reply. To add, I have a RTX 2070 Super and an Acer CG437KP monitor.

Here is the link;

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvxNIBgjDWtUhpw6...cH1bg?e=UjbnwI
JaylumX is offline   Reply With Quote