Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

 

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24th October 2018, 19:49   #21  |  Link
manono
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 7,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitality;1855909...
the framerate didn't go to 19.181. It went to 23.976
Which is the way it's supposed to be. Making progress.

I'm not sure to what you're referring when you say "There appears to be interlacing still". If the uneven line along his collar, that's not interlacing and might be fixed by a line darkener. If you mean the "colors outside the lines" there are chroma settings to try. You're getting the chroma from the previous or next frames in the current frames. I expect you'd get the same results even if you had StaxRip do the job.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 19:51   #22  |  Link
Vitality
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
This is the best I've managed to come up with. It's simple, but removes most of the blended chroma, or whatever the cause is. I'm not quite sure I understand why it works yet, but.... make sure DGDecode is honouring pulldown flags (outputting 29.970fps).

mpeg2source("D:\VTS_01_1.demuxed.d2v")
TDeint(mode=1)
FixBlendX(1)

The FixBlend function is here:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...02#post1848202
TDeint here:
http://www.avisynth.nl/index.php/TDeint
I've no idea how to add them to StaxRip.

Would this work with QTGMC?
Vitality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 20:12   #23  |  Link
hello_hello
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitality View Post
Would this work with QTGMC?
QTGMC doesn't always work well with animation, probably because it has lots of repeated frames. When I replaced TDeint with QTGMC, I found an artefact pretty quickly. See the ghosting under Peter's chin in the pic below.
Plus TDeint() seems to do field matching, which is mostly what's needed here. It doesn't de-interlace unless it has to. The TDeint(mode=1) output is much like TFM(), only it repeats frames for double the frame rate. It doesn't produce jagged lines and edges as Yadif(mode=1) would.

FixBlendX() works in a fixed pattern, so if there's not a fixed pattern of blending (or whatever it is) it mightn't work for the whole video and you'll have to split it into sections.
You could try SRestore() instead, but I thought it was dropping frames it shouldn't in this case (Edit, that's incorrect. See the next post). Or there's AnimeIVTC(). I haven't used it much myself.


Last edited by hello_hello; 24th October 2018 at 20:49.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 20:29   #24  |  Link
hello_hello
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,701
I'll take back what I said about SRestore(). I did a side by side comparison with FixBlendX(1) and they were outputting the same frames. I obviously didn't combine SRestore with the right field matching or de-interlacing earlier. This should work just as well.

mpeg2source("D:\VTS_01_1.demuxed.d2v")
TDeint(mode=1)
SRestore(24.0/1.001)

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Srestore

Last edited by hello_hello; 24th October 2018 at 21:19.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2018, 21:36   #25  |  Link
Vitality
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
I'll take back what I said about SResore(). I did a side by side comparison with FixBlendX(1) and they were outputting the same frames. I obviously didn't combine SRestore with the right field matching or de-interlacing earlier. This should work just as well.

mpeg2source("D:\VTS_01_1.demuxed.d2v")
TDeint(mode=1)
SRestore(24.0/1.001)

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Srestore
If I ran TDeint and then QTGMC would it screw things up? Because I have "viberating" frames in the source and QTGMC seems to fix that while TDeint didn't.
Vitality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2018, 00:46   #26  |  Link
manono
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 7,188
Well, I tried to fix it using an IVTC and got nowhere. However, I was able to fix it using:

MPEG2Source("Test.d2v")
QTGMC()
Srestore(frate=23.976)


See if that works for you. You might be able to use a faster preset to make the encoding faster. I just used the default setting for QTGMC. QTGMC also has the added advantage of maybe fixing (or improving) the "vibrating" of which you wrote.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by manono; 25th October 2018 at 00:49.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2018, 03:11   #27  |  Link
Vitality
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by manono View Post
Well, I tried to fix it using an IVTC and got nowhere. However, I was able to fix it using:

MPEG2Source("Test.d2v")
QTGMC()
Srestore(frate=23.976)


See if that works for you. You might be able to use a faster preset to make the encoding faster. I just used the default setting for QTGMC. QTGMC also has the added advantage of maybe fixing (or improving) the "vibrating" of which you wrote.
Code:
Import("J:\StaxRip-x64-1.7.0.0-stable\Apps\DeinterlaceTool.avsi")
Import("J:\StaxRip-x64-1.7.0.0-stable\Apps\Srestore.avsi")
QTGMC(Preset="Slower", FPSDivisor=2)
Srestore(frate=23.976)
Do you know why it's saying "GScriptCilp" doesn't exist? I tried to install GScript and GRunT but they are 32bit. StaxRip x86 doesn't exist.

Last edited by Vitality; 25th October 2018 at 03:30.
Vitality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2018, 04:31   #28  |  Link
manono
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 7,188
You might not want to use FPSDivisor=2 because that limits the choice of frames from which SRestore can choose. However, if you can remove that chroma nastiness doing it that way, then more power to you. But I still wouldn't do it.

I use all 32 bit and don't have that problem. The last StaxRip 32-bit version can be found here:

https://www.videohelp.com/software/StaxRip

Scroll down a ways. Or use an older version of Srestore that doesn't require that GScript stuff (before v2.7f).
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2018, 14:41   #29  |  Link
Vitality
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by manono View Post
You might not want to use FPSDivisor=2 because that limits the choice of frames from which SRestore can choose. However, if you can remove that chroma nastiness doing it that way, then more power to you. But I still wouldn't do it.

I use all 32 bit and don't have that problem. The last StaxRip 32-bit version can be found here:

https://www.videohelp.com/software/StaxRip

Scroll down a ways. Or use an older version of Srestore that doesn't require that GScript stuff (before v2.7f).
Any other ways to make the frame rate stay at 23 instead of 47? and
Vitality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2018, 19:45   #30  |  Link
manono
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 7,188
Install a 32-bit version of AviSynth and do the "IVTC" outside of StaxRip. Or let those few frames of chroma nastiness remain after being IVTC'd within StaxRip. It's not as if you or anyone else will notice it when played at full speed. Or ask the developer to make it possible for you to use SRestore within his program. He can be found in the MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs Forum here on Doom9
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2018, 20:32   #31  |  Link
Vitality
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by manono View Post
Install a 32-bit version of AviSynth and do the "IVTC" outside of StaxRip. Or let those few frames of chroma nastiness remain after being IVTC'd within StaxRip. It's not as if you or anyone else will notice it when played at full speed. Or ask the developer to make it possible for you to use SRestore within his program. He can be found in the MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs Forum here on Doom9
Yeah I give up, the chroma frames aren't really noticeable. I'll just IVTC and apply QTGMC/Dehalo Alpha. This DVD sucks. From what I've read FG is a "early" digital cartoon so some of the S01 episodes have issues, but S02 and later look better. It's not worth the work just to fix a few frames. Thanks for your help
Vitality is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.