Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 30th March 2014, 05:04   #19741  |  Link
jdobbs

I moved all the GPU discussions to a thread of its own. This is a bug thread -- please stay on topic. Adding all these side discussions makes it impossible to follow any legitimate bug reports.
Old 30th March 2014, 05:07   #19742  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty666 View Post
@ jdobbs. all done mate it took 6 hours and works perfect plays in my player perfect then menu and everything . great work . now im gonna do the hobbit 2. ill keep u posted once again thanx
Good to know. Thanks.
Old 30th March 2014, 10:19   #19743  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Please don't blank anything. Let's test it first before making it complicated and difficult to debug.
Allrighty. Running another HW encode, no blanking.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2014, 10:54   #19744  |  Link
AmigaFuture

[02:34:06] Importing MKV: DUNE
- Collecting audio/video streams from source...
- Correcting MKV format inconsistencies...
[02:42:10]ERROR: Converting MKV container. Aborted.

This MKV doesn't have an SRT, so I'm not sure what the challenge is. I'm going to check it. What I...did..notice is something I'd consider a bug...or oversight and not a feature. When the Aborted happens, because of SRT or not, BD-RB shows the Stream tab. Someone not aware and not reporting bugs, could think "Oh, it's ready.." Since the "Backup" button is ready to be clicked. You may want to elect to keep BD-RB at the Log tab when an Abort happens. Someone would then question it or at least see "Aborted..? Why?" etc. Something to consider.

Edit 1: Ooops..Low HDD space is the cause for the abort. "- Building pseudo-BD source structure..." now happening.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 30th March 2014 at 20:03.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2014, 11:39   #19745  |  Link
MarioGarcia

Hello,
this is my log file:

Code:
----------------------
[03/29/14] BD Rebuilder v0.46.14 (beta)
[22:32:07] Source:  A_CHRISTMAS_CAROL_3D_FRA_00001
  - Input BD size: 34.60 GB
  - Approximate total content: [01:35:48.200]
  - Target BD size: 46.26 GB
  - Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
  - MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
  - Quality: Good (Very Fast), ABR
  - MVC 3D Output Mode enabled
  - Decoding/Frame serving: FRIMDecode
  - Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=1 Kbs=640
[22:32:19] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [22:32:19] Processing: VID_00001 (1 of 1)
 - [22:32:19] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00001]
 - [23:54:48] Reencoding video [VID_00001]
 - [23:54:48] Keeping original video (no reencode)
 - [23:54:48] Processing audio tracks
   - Track 4352 (eng): Keeping original audio
[23:54:48]PHASE ONE complete
[23:54:48]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
 - [23:54:49] Rebuilding BD file Structure
[00:07:26] - Encode and Rebuild complete
[00:07:26] JOB: A_CHRISTMAS_CAROL_3D_FRA finished.
the output iso is only 20.4GB and 59 minutes in lenght... I am doing it directly from disk with a trial version of anydvd.

thanks.
Old 30th March 2014, 13:17   #19746  |  Link
montana72

I have detected a fault in the new version with the previous not me happen.

At last, I remove audio, HD, videos and extras the reencode even if the result is less than the output booth, because? in other words, if I put the size of 50 Gigas and not reencode the result is less 23.3 Gigas, then because reencode if I put size of output 25 Gigas, because reencode if you don't need?

Thank you for everything
montana72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2014, 13:23   #19747  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
Allrighty. Running another HW encode, no blanking.
I'll also try blanking something and see what happens. I'm just trying to get the basic 3D bugs out of the way first.

Last edited by jdobbs; 30th March 2014 at 13:27.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2014, 13:38   #19748  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana72 View Post
I have detected a fault in the new version with the previous not me happen.

At last, I remove audio, HD, videos and extras the reencode even if the result is less than the output booth, because? in other words, if I put the size of 50 Gigas and not reencode the result is less 23.3 Gigas, then because reencode if I put size of output 25 Gigas, because reencode if you don't need?

Thank you for everything
I don't understand what you are saying.
Old 30th March 2014, 13:40   #19749  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioGarcia View Post
Hello,
this is my log file:

Code:
----------------------
[03/29/14] BD Rebuilder v0.46.14 (beta)
[22:32:07] Source:  A_CHRISTMAS_CAROL_3D_FRA_00001
  - Input BD size: 34.60 GB
  - Approximate total content: [01:35:48.200]
  - Target BD size: 46.26 GB
  - Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
  - MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
  - Quality: Good (Very Fast), ABR
  - MVC 3D Output Mode enabled
  - Decoding/Frame serving: FRIMDecode
  - Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=1 Kbs=640
[22:32:19] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [22:32:19] Processing: VID_00001 (1 of 1)
 - [22:32:19] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00001]
 - [23:54:48] Reencoding video [VID_00001]
 - [23:54:48] Keeping original video (no reencode)
 - [23:54:48] Processing audio tracks
   - Track 4352 (eng): Keeping original audio
[23:54:48]PHASE ONE complete
[23:54:48]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
 - [23:54:49] Rebuilding BD file Structure
[00:07:26] - Encode and Rebuild complete
[00:07:26] JOB: A_CHRISTMAS_CAROL_3D_FRA finished.
the output iso is only 20.4GB and 59 minutes in lenght... I am doing it directly from disk with a trial version of anydvd.

thanks.
I'll have to see if I can find that one and give it a test.
Old 30th March 2014, 13:45   #19750  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
----------------------
[02:05:08] Importing MKV: DUNE
[02:13:34]ERROR: Converting MKV container. Aborted.
----------------------
[02:34:06] Importing MKV: DUNE
[02:42:10]ERROR: Converting MKV container. Aborted.

I didn't have MKMerge GUI insert an SRT, so I'm not sure what the challenge is. I'm going to check into it. What I...did....notice is something I'd consider a bug...or oversight and not a feature. Haha. When the Aborted happens, because of SRT or not, BD-RB shows the Stream tab. Someone not aware and not reporting bugs, could think "Oh, it's ready.." Since the "Backup" button is ready to be clicked. You may want to elect to keep BD-RB at the Log tab when an Abort happens. Someone would then question it or at least see "Aborted..? Why?" etc. Something to consider.
Can you give some specific instructions as to how I can create an MKV that will cause this error?
Old 30th March 2014, 15:38   #19751  |  Link
Wizzu

Thanks!

Been some time without compressing blu-rays, so I just discovered all the improvements you brought to BD-RB since the last time I used it.

Thanks!

I particularly appreciate the improved Quick-play feature (actually naming the features? That's GREAT!) and the correction "of an issue that might prevent AVCHD output from playing on certain players" (it was the case with my Panasonic BD-75 and it prevented me to use Quick-play).

Kudos. Another donation is pending.
Wizzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2014, 17:00   #19752  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
I will tell you, indeed it does require a special burner, which I have it. Since they have no dye layer on disc, a high power laser is used to engrave data on disc surface.

Just for info this is how disc looks, notice how transparent are they.
Very off-topic, so maybe jdobbs you can/will move these posts, but in honor of World Backup Day I ordered some VERY recently released BD-R M-Discs and a burner.

I suppose these discs at ~$5 bucks a pop will be useful for priceless family videos or something, but IMO not for backups of commercial movies. I'm gonna use them for data backups--literally these discs etch-in-stone and last 1000 years.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2014, 17:20   #19753  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
I'll also try blanking something and see what happens. I'm just trying to get the basic 3D bugs out of the way first.
Well, when you're right, you're right. The job finished without errors when no items were blanked. Howeverrrrr... based on PowerDVD 13 OSD, all video on disc is MVC (haven't checked the original for that yet) and the main movie looks like it's 2D, not 3D - even though PDVD says the video is MVC.

One unfortunate result of ditching SSIF is that I can no longer check the output on Stereoscopic Player. PowerDVD can display MVC as red/cyan anamorphic, which is what I used on Stereoscopic Player, but I don't trust PDVD like I do SSP.

I'll burn the output on a BD-RE and check it on a stand-alone player.
Old 30th March 2014, 17:22   #19754  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Well, when you're right, you're right. The job finished without errors when no items were blanked. Howeverrrrr... based on PowerDVD 13 OSD, all video on disc is MVC (haven't checked the original for that yet) and the main movie looks like it's 2D, not 3D - even though PDVD says the video is MVC.

One unfortunate result of ditching SSIF is that I can no longer check the output on Stereoscopic Player. PowerDVD can display MVC as red/cyan anamorphic, which is what I used on Stereoscopic Player, but I don't trust PDVD like I do SSP.

I'll burn the output on a BD-RE and check it on a stand-alone player.
PowerDVD sucks. I have it too. Try it on a standalone player.

If Stereoscopic Player is BD compatible -- it should play these discs. If it doesn't the problem is with the player.

As for all the content being MVC -- that's ok. Stereoscopic playback only differs from 3D by the existence of the MVC stream (either in-mux or out-of-mux) which has a reserved PID. The MVC stream is separated from the 2D video and is accessed through extensions in the MPLS and CLPI files. So a 2D player simply ignores it (because it doesn't look for the extensions).

Last edited by jdobbs; 30th March 2014 at 17:27.
Old 30th March 2014, 17:48   #19755  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
If Stereoscopic Player is BD compatible
It's not, but it can open an SSIF file directly. It can't open stereo .m2ts files like the ones BDRB now outputs :/

Quote:
As for all the content being MVC -- that's ok. Stereoscopic playback only differs from 3D by the existence of the MVC stream (either in-mux or out-of-mux) which has a reserved PID. The MVC stream is separated from the 2D video and is accessed through extensions in the MPLS and CLPI files. So a 2D player simply ignores it (because it doesn't look for the extensions).
Yeah. My puzzlement with PDVD was caused by the fact that PDVD shows commercial/original 3D Blu-ray titles properly, with depth, as red/cyan anaglyph 3D. But there's no separation, no depth, in the BDRB output I tested just now. Granted, it could easily be a problem with PDVD. I'll be much wiser once the BD-RE disc is done and I get to try it on a stand-alone.
Old 30th March 2014, 18:04   #19756  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
It's not, but it can open an SSIF file directly. It can't open stereo .m2ts files like the ones BDRB now outputs :/

Yeah. My puzzlement with PDVD was caused by the fact that PDVD shows commercial/original 3D Blu-ray titles properly, with depth, as red/cyan anaglyph 3D. But there's no separation, no depth, in the BDRB output I tested just now. Granted, it could easily be a problem with PDVD. I'll be much wiser once the BD-RE disc is done and I get to try it on a stand-alone.
If you want it to play them with Stereoscopic Player do this:

1. Add FORCE_INMUX_3D=1 to your INI file. This is a special case setting I added that tells BD-RB to only use in-mux MVC in the output (a single M2TS). Note: The component parts of ALL multi-part playlists are encoded as in-mux MVC regardless of this setting. This is necessary for playback continuity.

2. See if Stereoscopic Player recognizes it as 3D and plays it. An in-mux M2TS is structured exactly like an SSIF.

3. If that doesn't work, you can rename them to SSIF and play them (but DON'T leave them that way -- as a BD player won't recognize them unless they have the M2TS extension).

The discs that I have done in testing will play back as anaglyph in PowerDVD 11. Sometimes it's hard to tell -- but you see the color shift.

Last edited by jdobbs; 30th March 2014 at 18:11.
Old 30th March 2014, 18:05   #19757  |  Link
colinhunt

^ Thanks, I'll give it a shot!
Old 30th March 2014, 18:11   #19758  |  Link
J666RST

@ colinhunt & jdobbs I have a 3D laptop, did a full backup of Brave which works fine in 3D on my Panasonic stand alone. Playing it on my laptop in 2D works fine but when played in 3D you see random blocks appearing in the 3D image.
J666RST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2014, 18:13   #19759  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by J666RST View Post
@ colinhunt & jdobbs I have a 3D laptop, did a full backup of Brave which works fine in 3D on my Panasonic stand alone. Playing it on my laptop in 2D works fine but when played in 3D you see random blocks appearing in the 3D image.
If it plays back fine on the standalone, then the issue has to be in the player.

You may want to also try FORCE_INMUX_3D=1. It's possible a questionable player might have issues with the disc access time/coordination required for out-of-mux 3D (the AVC & MVC streams exist in two different M2TS files).

The only downside to using in-mux 3D is a few minutes of added processing time because BD-RB has to scan the output and create the CLPI itself. It generally adds 5-10 minutes or so. That's the only reason I didn't make it the default. But if others have issues, I may do that on the next release.

Another note: You don't have to do the entire reencode to take advantage of FORCE_INMUX_3D if you still have the working folder. That flag affects the REBUILD only.

Last edited by jdobbs; 30th March 2014 at 18:19.
Old 30th March 2014, 18:19   #19760  |  Link
J666RST

Quote:
If it plays back fine on the standalone, then the issue has to be in the player.

You may want to also try FORCE_INMUX_3D=1. It's possible a questionable player might have issues with the disc access time required for out-of-mux 3D.

The only downside to using INMUX 3D is a few minutes of added processing time because BD-RB has to scan the output and create the CLPI itself.

Another note: You don't have to do the entire reencode to take advantage of FORCE_INMUX_3D if you still have the working folder. That flag affects the REBUILD only.
Will try that, will have to do a full reencode again. Will let you know in a few hours! BTW the player used is Toshibas own software blu ray player.
J666RST is offline   Reply With Quote