Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 14th September 2016, 17:47   #24881  |  Link
worknstiff

Hey Rad10act1v3 RE: Just spit-balling this BUT have you tried the OBVIOUS by removing the (X264 Tweak(s) enabled) that show up in your previous log?
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 19:07   #24882  |  Link
jdobbs

Whether it plays is irrelevant. A player can play right through a problem -- but you can't do that when you have to reencode.

Honestly I'm not sure what it might be.
Old 14th September 2016, 19:07   #24883  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknstiff View Post
Hey Rad10act1v3 RE: Just spit-balling this BUT have you tried the OBVIOUS by removing the (X264 Tweak(s) enabled) that show up in your previous log?
Ahh... I missed that one. Yes, definitely the most likely source of an issue.
Old 14th September 2016, 19:30   #24884  |  Link
lauguru

@jdobbs the first time I see this message, you say?

lauguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 19:50   #24885  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

It's not the first time, I encountered that one a long time ago and posted here too. I just hit yes, no issues
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 21:29   #24886  |  Link
lauguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
It's not the first time, I encountered that one a long time ago and posted here too. I just hit yes, no issues
I put "yes" and the result was 23.8 gb, when normally are: 23,1 / 23,2 gb in the final result.
I will try to put "no" and see the result.
Old 14th September 2016, 21:51   #24887  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
You can also open DGDecNV (which is the source of that dialog box) manually and disable that message.
Old 14th September 2016, 21:53   #24888  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauguru View Post
I put "yes" and the result was 23.8 gb, when normally are: 23,1 / 23,2 gb in the final result.
I will try to put "no" and see the result.
That's probably just a coincidence. I'd leave it at the default (yes).
Old 14th September 2016, 22:24   #24889  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

There hasn't been a need, only seen it once. And impossible to get it atm, 1080 has yet to arrive
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 09:46   #24890  |  Link
lauguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
That's probably just a coincidence. I'd leave it at the default (yes).
I tried yes and no, the same result: 23.8 gb
Old 16th September 2016, 14:47   #24891  |  Link
lauguru

Hi guys
I have a problem and do not know why this happens, not the entire structure of bluray appears if selected BD25 full backup, missing the extras and have selected rebuilder.ini

MIN_M2TS_SIZE = 5

(output bd25 fullbluray structure)

however if I select output BD5 / 9, if the entire structure, I can do to release the complete structure appears BD25 full backup?

(output bd5/9 structure)

I make a video/capture showing what I try to explain.
https://mega.nz/#!hItjVSiD!RUWieNP_C...W9EdvX4uLLtdUQ
Old 16th September 2016, 15:12   #24892  |  Link
jdobbs

BD-RB will keep small M2TS files intact when outputting to BD-25/50. This is because they are too small to reduce size by any meaningful amount -- and to reencode them is a waste of time. By default files under 100MB are not reencoded, but you can adjust that value with the hidden option MIN_M2TS_SIZE. There are also other considerations that might result in some streams not being encoded (for the sake of expediency).

But... when outputting to BD-5/9 (DVD media) you don't have that option because the bitrate used for Blu-Ray is higher than a DVD can handle. So BD-RB has to reencode them (regardless of size).

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th September 2016 at 15:17.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2016, 15:50   #24893  |  Link
lauguru

Quote:
BD-RB will keep small M2TS files intact when outputting to BD-25/50. This is because they are too small to reduce size by any meaningful amount -- and to reencode them is a waste of time. By default files under 100MB are not reencoded, but you can adjust that value with the hidden option MIN_M2TS_SIZE. There are also other considerations that might result in some streams not being encoded (for the sake of expediency).

But... when outputting to BD-5/9 (DVD media) you don't have that option because the bitrate used for Blu-Ray is higher than a DVD can handle. So BD-RB has to reencode them (regardless of size).
but because they do not appear in the BD25 structure? are estimated even if they are hidden?, there are more than 100mb files and do not appear
Old 16th September 2016, 16:08   #24894  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
are estimated even if they are hidden?
Of course they are.
Quote:
there are more than 100mb files and do not appear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs
There are also other considerations that might result in some streams not being encoded (for the sake of expediency).
In this case note the "*" in the streams list. Sometimes encoding (or not encoding) a stream can have impacts on other streams. For example, if you encode (or not encode) one part of a multi-part stream you have to do the same for all parts.

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th September 2016 at 16:52.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2016, 17:54   #24895  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILLZY View Post
So basically its not worth the hassle of trying to run it on Parallels running windows 7 then?
I've used BD Rebuilder with VMWare Workstation, though it has been a long, long time. It did well but it's much slower since it's stripped to a Basic machine. Does not have Graphics Board support of any kind that way. I don't use Parallels...for me, it makes too much of a "mess" of things that VMWare Workstation doesn't do.
What I'd suggest, if your Mac's HDD has the free space is create a Windows Partition which would give you full access to the Graphics Board and other hardware (which means full speed). Anyway, if you're cool with basic functionality and Okay speeds while using Mac OS, then enjoy. I don't post logs here of any errors because as JDobbs typed..no support and that's understandable. So your own experiences and willingness to debug is what you have to rely on unless you reproduce the error with a real machine.
Old 17th September 2016, 15:17   #24896  |  Link
worknstiff

@ lauguru; RE: however if I select output BD5 / 9, if the entire structure, I can do to release the complete structure appears BD25 full backup?

I always use the Movie & Menu's (Auto Blank Extras) mode to see all the tiny bits and pieces of the Blu-ray when trying to see what I can reasonably blank without killing the menu or some little extra I'd like to keep. I output to a 50,000 MB size and let BD Rebuilder create a folder. I then move this to another hard drive and feed it to back to BD Rebuilder as a FULL backup and a 23350 custom size. This results in a better sized Blu-ray than when I attempt to do it on the first rebuild. Takes about 25-30 minutes longer but it usually results in a lot better sized disk and seems to play better because it jumps over all the previously blanked parts more smoothly. This is especially good when you have a disk that repeatedly over or under sizes.
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2016, 16:19   #24897  |  Link
lauguru

at the end, I put 500 mb least in custom target and the result was successful 23,8gb to 23.2 gb. (24315 to 23750mb)

It is one of the blurays, which gave me more work

Quote:
Of course they are.In this case note the "*" in the streams list. Sometimes encoding (or not encoding) a stream can have impacts on other streams. For example, if you encode (or not encode) one part of a multi-part stream you have to do the same for all parts.
Old 18th September 2016, 16:25   #24898  |  Link
lauguru

although you put BD50 output and FORCE_ENCODE=1, extras not appear on the log list, it seems that only the movie was recoded, although they were added to fullbd without recoding

allways 23,8gb (24315mb output)
output 23750mb and result 23,2 gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknstiff View Post
@ lauguru; RE: however if I select output BD5 / 9, if the entire structure, I can do to release the complete structure appears BD25 full backup?

I always use the Movie & Menu's (Auto Blank Extras) mode to see all the tiny bits and pieces of the Blu-ray when trying to see what I can reasonably blank without killing the menu or some little extra I'd like to keep. I output to a 50,000 MB size and let BD Rebuilder create a folder. I then move this to another hard drive and feed it to back to BD Rebuilder as a FULL backup and a 23350 custom size. This results in a better sized Blu-ray than when I attempt to do it on the first rebuild. Takes about 25-30 minutes longer but it usually results in a lot better sized disk and seems to play better because it jumps over all the previously blanked parts more smoothly. This is especially good when you have a disk that repeatedly over or under sizes.
Old 18th September 2016, 20:36   #24899  |  Link
jdobbs

Why would you think setting BD-50 or FORCE_ENCODE would change what's in the streams list? That has no bearing at all.
Old 18th September 2016, 21:43   #24900  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
although you put BD50 output and FORCE_ENCODE=1, extras not appear on the log list, it seems that only the movie was recoded, although they were added to fullbd without recoding

allways 23,8gb (24315mb output)
output 23750mb and result 23,2 gb
Please post your INI file so I can take a look at it.