Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 25th August 2012, 07:09   #15541  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquallMX View Post
1440x1080 mode is anamorphic (16:9 material encoded at 4:3 resolution), I use that format for my BD9 backups (great middle point between 720p and full 1080p), BD-Rebuilder probably is using SAR 1:1 when re-encoding causing the wrong playback ratio, for proper playback just change the value to "--sar 4:3".

PD: It would be great to have an option for use that resolution on BD-Rebuilder .
The PITA part is recognizing the 1440x1080 source. I've been getting the video information from the CLPI and MPLS files, which tells you it is 1080p... but doesn't specify the horizontal resolution. At this point all 1080p sources are just assumed to be 1920x1080... I guess I need to add some code to do a look at the M2TS itself for the horizontal resolution. Interesting that with all the discs I've done I've never run into one with that source resolution.

Last edited by jdobbs; 25th August 2012 at 07:14.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2012, 07:15   #15542  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightHawkGuy View Post
Recently I had a case of Windows 7 x64 displaying an exception popup about wavi.exe when it was finished for a rare Blu-Ray with LPCM for audio on the main title and BD Rebuilder would convert the LPCM audio track to AC3. The BD Rebuilder process would stop and wait for user input when the error message popped up.

I did some searching and found that someone had done a small code change about a year ago to wavi from the wavi v1.06 source to create wavi v1.06m specifically to resolve the bug in wavi that causes that exception to happen when wavi is cleaning up to close down.

I downloaded the newer wavi.exe version (v1.06m) and used it (in place of the older v1.06) with bd rebuilder and it worked fine this time, no more problem with using LPCM audio track and converting to AC3, no more error message.

Here is the link to the doom9 thread about the wavi fix, which includes the download link to the wavi106m.zip file:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=161639

Another source of a wavi bug fix for v1.06 regarding: bug in wav header - ID: 2957741
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2957741&group_id=196137&atid=956250

Might be useful in future bd rebuilder version to include that newer version of wavi to resolve the rare bug with some titles with LPCM audio track, if conversion to AC3 is desired.
Thanks. I'll download it and do some testing -- and if all is well, I'll include it in the next release.
Old 25th August 2012, 08:11   #15543  |  Link
Adbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
The PITA part is recognizing the 1440x1080 source. I've been getting the video information from the CLPI and MPLS files, which tells you it is 1080p... but doesn't specify the horizontal resolution. At this point all 1080p sources are just assumed to be 1920x1080... I guess I need to add some code to do a look at the M2TS itself for the horizontal resolution. Interesting that with all the discs I've done I've never run into one with that source resolution.
It's not something you normally find on commercial discs which is why you've probably never come cross it, but in the editing world HDV (anamorphic 1440x1080) cameras have been around for years (although they are now disappearing) and has been part of the Blu-ray spec since the beginning. Most people just convert it to 1920x1080 when outputting to Blu-ray.
Adbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2012, 09:56   #15544  |  Link
lauguru

hello
bdrebuilder not saved correctly in custom target size mb, in the setup menu, when you write to save, not the file is saved in bdrebuilder.ini.
Must manually edit bdrebuilder.ini, so it is saved.
lauguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2012, 12:06   #15545  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquallMX View Post
1440x1080 mode is anamorphic (16:9 material encoded at 4:3 resolution), I use that format for my BD9 backups (great middle point between 720p and full 1080p), BD-Rebuilder probably is using SAR 1:1 when re-encoding causing the wrong playback ratio, for proper playback just change the value to "--sar 4:3".

PD: It would be great to have an option for use that resolution on BD-Rebuilder .
Agree. 1440x1080 @ --sar 4:3 for DAR 16:9 is fully blu-ray standard compliant, same as the more usual 1920x1080. I have also made a couple of such anamorphic backups using this format on BD5 and have no playback issues on the SONY S360. I have however not seen this format on any commercial Blu-Ray disk so far.
+1 to get it into BD-RB as an option
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2012, 15:35   #15546  |  Link
Adbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauguru View Post
hello
bdrebuilder not saved correctly in custom target size mb, in the setup menu, when you write to save, not the file is saved in bdrebuilder.ini.
Must manually edit bdrebuilder.ini, so it is saved.
Works fine here on 4 different systems, must be something on your system blocking BD rebuilder from altering the .ini file
Adbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2012, 15:36   #15547  |  Link
lauguru

hello
other problem or bug

bdrebuilder not capable of extracting audio from Ucontrol pip

Old 25th August 2012, 15:40   #15548  |  Link
lauguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
Works fine here on 4 different systems, must be something on your system blocking BD rebuilder from altering the .ini file
hello

have the latest version of bdrebuilder? the v041.01?
my previous versions in me works perfect, but in this version, I have to not let me edit and save bdrebuilder.in.

I know it can not happen!
Old 25th August 2012, 15:42   #15549  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
hello
other problem or bug

bdrebuilder not capable of extracting audio from Ucontrol pip

Search for DTSX_ENABLE=1 in this thread.
Old 25th August 2012, 15:43   #15550  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
hello

have the latest version of bdrebuilder? the v041.01?
my previous versions in me works perfect, but in this version, I have to not let me edit and save bdrebuilder.in.

I know it can not happen!
Where did you install it? Did you follow the directions and not install it in the "Program Files" path?
Old 25th August 2012, 15:58   #15551  |  Link
lauguru

Quote:
Where did you install it? Did you follow the directions and not install it in the "Program Files" path?
in a folder on the desktop, I checked the file inpest.exe is all ok. overwrote all the files in the folder that had, by the BD-RBV04101.rar.
Old 25th August 2012, 16:05   #15552  |  Link
lauguru

Quote:
Search for DTSX_ENABLE=1 in this thread.
gracias jdobbs

i add DTSX_ENABLE=1 in bdrebuilder .ini

Now if that recognizes it
Old 25th August 2012, 16:06   #15553  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
in a folder on the desktop, I checked the file inpest.exe is all ok. overwrote all the files in the folder that had, by the BD-RBV04101.rar.
Unfortunately this is obviously a problem that is caused by your system configuration, and there is nothing anyone else can do to fix it. Please only post bug reports related to BD-RB in this forum.

Don't know where you downloaded -- but I don't pack BD-RB in .RAR files.
Old 25th August 2012, 16:09   #15554  |  Link
lauguru

Quote:
Unfortunately this is obviously a problem that is caused by your system configuration, and there is nothing anyone else can do to fix it. Please only post bug reports related to BD-RB in this forum.

Don't know where you downloaded -- but I don't pack BD-RB in .RAR files.
tomorrow will try to remove everything completely and reinstall everything again. Have if it fixes
Old 25th August 2012, 20:02   #15555  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
tomorrow will try to remove everything completely and reinstall everything again. Have if it fixes
It's probably a rights issue... it's a simple open, write, close procedure.

By the way, I have no idea what "inpest.com" is... but it isn't a part of BD-RB...
Old 25th August 2012, 20:31   #15556  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
By the way, I have no idea what "inpest.com" is... but it isn't a part of BD-RB...
From the context, he probably meant to type "inspect.exe".
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2012, 21:33   #15557  |  Link
lauguru

Quote:
It's probably a rights issue... it's a simple open, write, close procedure.

inspect.exe
Old 25th August 2012, 23:24   #15558  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
inspect.exe
Ahh.. ok. But that wouldn't pick up a rights issue.
Old 26th August 2012, 02:48   #15559  |  Link
lauguru

nothing ... I did not succeed, not to the test went well, the pip Ucontrol appears without the express dts audio. is blank audio
You would not create a function to convert DTS Express, to ac3? Perhaps part of the solution comes there.
Old 26th August 2012, 04:01   #15560  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
nothing ... I did not succeed, not to the test went well, the pip Ucontrol appears without the express dts audio. is blank audio
You would not create a function to convert DTS Express, to ac3? Perhaps part of the solution comes there.
Please search the forum. It's a long story and has been discussed many times. The short answer is "No".