Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 22nd August 2010, 19:08   #8401  |  Link
pacaveli211

make sure after everything has demuxed and such that you click on the 'selectable subtitles' button (this is above the output file path, I'm encoding right now so I can't be more specific) and add any desired subtitles
I don't believe the drop down auto adds them as selectable, it just specifies that they should be demuxed, I may be wrong though
pacaveli211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 19:51   #8402  |  Link
essential

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacaveli211 View Post
make sure after everything has demuxed and such that you click on the 'selectable subtitles' button (this is above the output file path, I'm encoding right now so I can't be more specific) and add any desired subtitles
I don't believe the drop down auto adds them as selectable, it just specifies that they should be demuxed, I may be wrong though
i think you're right. i just looked in the ripbot temp folder and there is a file named "9_subtitles_English_1080.sup"

i'm ganna load it in where you said, but last question. if i'm converting to 720p, does ripbot know to downconvert the subtitles too so everything fits where it should on the screen, or is that something i'd have to do with an external program?

thanks.
essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 20:47   #8403  |  Link
gr1mmj0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
correct blu-ray structure looks like this

you will have to compare both movies with your own eyes.
I'm having the same issue. My bluray structure looks exactly like that and not sure what could be the issue.

edit:
Which is also weird, I moved all the files like the other poster, and it got everything except the chapters. Which I am okay with lol.

Last edited by gr1mmj0w; 22nd August 2010 at 20:49.
gr1mmj0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 21:17   #8404  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
Originally Posted by essential View Post
i think you're right. i just looked in the ripbot temp folder and there is a file named "9_subtitles_English_1080.sup"

i'm ganna load it in where you said, but last question. if i'm converting to 720p, does ripbot know to downconvert the subtitles too so everything fits where it should on the screen, or is that something i'd have to do with an external program?

thanks.
I would assume so, but I don't know for sure. if you ever have any problems a quick remux could solve the issue, tsmuxer has subtitle size (resolution) options
Old 22nd August 2010, 21:59   #8405  |  Link
essential

Quote:
I would assume so, but I don't know for sure. if you ever have any problems a quick remux could solve the issue, tsmuxer has subtitle size (resolution) options
well, it's converting again now, takes my laptop like 8-10 hours to finish, so i'll post later with the results.
Old 24th August 2010, 04:38   #8406  |  Link
essential

Subtitles don't work. Tried two more times, both times English subtitles are now in the file, but when you select them nothing shows on the screen. The only time it's worked is when I added the sub file into the mkv after conversion with mkvmerge, but they look terrible, they look cropped and hard to read.
Old 24th August 2010, 06:47   #8407  |  Link
pacaveli211

are they still in sup/pgs? the player you're using might not be able to play them
or are they in SRT? it might be the resolution setting we talked about, you could try adjusting that
Old 25th August 2010, 06:41   #8408  |  Link
essential

Quote:
are they still in sup/pgs? the player you're using might not be able to play them
or are they in SRT? it might be the resolution setting we talked about, you could try adjusting that
well, this time i chose "all subtitles" in the original import into ripbot. then when it came time, i did "selectable subtitles" and went into the ripbot temp directory (which is what it defaulted opening too) and selected both english subtitle files.

now ripbot created these subtitle files (all .sups), so i don't know why there is any trouble.

i am using the latest VLC for windows. as far as i knew VLC supported everything.
Old 25th August 2010, 12:25   #8409  |  Link
espinha

Anyway to keep DTS audio on ripbot?

I only see AC3 or LPCM options
espinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 13:05   #8410  |  Link
essential

Quote:
Originally Posted by espinha View Post

i let ripbot import with "no audio" then use txmuxer to extract the DTS audio, and load it manually into ripbot, works great. make sure you check "downconvert DTS-HD to DTS" in tsmuxer.
Old 25th August 2010, 16:30   #8411  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
Originally Posted by essential View Post
well, this time i chose "all subtitles" in the original import into ripbot. then when it came time, i did "selectable subtitles" and went into the ripbot temp directory (which is what it defaulted opening too) and selected both english subtitle files.

now ripbot created these subtitle files (all .sups), so i don't know why there is any trouble.

i am using the latest VLC for windows. as far as i knew VLC supported everything.
yeah vlc will play sup stuff, at least in an m2ts, I haven't tried in an MKV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by espinha View Post

depending on what you're doing you'll need to select the 'copy stream' option or do some manual muxing with tsmuxer prior or after encoding. if you need to lock size for BD9 or something you'll want to demux the core and then select that file for your audio track. if you want to keep the HD track you'll need to mux it in after the encode
Old 25th August 2010, 16:41   #8412  |  Link
espinha

Thanks both of you
espinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 01:18   #8413  |  Link
tp546

can't use any version after 1.14.2

@Atak_Snajpera - first off, let me just say thank you so much for writing this program - i love it and have been using it for about 2 years now. one issue i have though, (apologies if this has been mentioned but i cant go through 421 pages) is that i have been stuck using version 1.14.2 for a while now because every version released after that doesn't seem to work for me. Specifically what happens is that when I select a stream from a blu ray, it demuxes it and then once it hits 100%, it says "Gathering Informations" and just hangs there. I have literally let it sit there for over an hour on more than one occasion and nothing happens. The same thing happens in 1.14.2 when I select FLAC for audio also. I am using Win 7 x86 Ultimate. Please let me know how I can resolve this issue and if you need more info or want me to run any tests for you, just ask. Thanks so much for your help!
tp546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 09:01   #8414  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

1) Download latest 1.16.2
2) Uninstall Ffdshow , AviSynth , Haali media splitter
3) reboot
4) install again all required apps
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 17:23   #8415  |  Link
jonnybravo

Was wondering if I am doing something wrong on my old pc a quad core I thought I would see multiple ffdshow's. Now with the I7 quad core I only see 1. Did I not install something right or is this normal?
jonnybravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 20:21   #8416  |  Link
pacaveli211

I assume you mean in the system tray:
technically there should only ever be one while encoding (unless you're watching a video at the same time).
however, after you hit the 2nd pass the icon for the first will hang there (at least it does on my pc)
if you mouse over it, it'll disappear
Old 26th August 2010, 21:12   #8417  |  Link
jonnybravo

yep you are right thanks for the reply
jonnybravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 10:08   #8418  |  Link
hutch71

Having a fresh XP install and using the latest RIPBOT, Ffdshow , AviSynth, Haali media splitter encoding stops at a certain point depending on if I use CQ or 2-pass encoding. I noticed that these problems occur when encoding an already with BD-rebuilder edited BD with HD-audio. I assume it's a problem with eac3to or Ffdshow. Any ideas?
hutch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 17:43   #8419  |  Link
benjyv

Hey Atak !!!

These are 2 possibilities where a BD has 2 parts , both main parts.

How can I disable the function that chose the "main" file to be encoded ??? Can I ??? In my exemples both files are main ( part I and part II )
As per actual settings , Ripbot chose one file to be encoded , and for the second one I must copy to another location and to encode from there.
If I try to encode from original location , Ripbot will chose all the time the file that it considered to be MAIN....
This issue worries me because , as you can see from my exemples , the files are huge enough to be copied and occupy relatively more space so it can not be copied to another location every time..

Appreciations for replay !
benjyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 23:28   #8420  |  Link
pacaveli211

are you able to just choose the playlist and not the m2ts file?
cuz the playlist will reference to them both
if not....just demux/remux. an extra step yeah....but it'll solve the problem

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360