Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 14th August 2013, 11:52   #17781  |  Link
steveg32

Safe & Savages - DVD-5 MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT. No audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
???? I certainly don't see how that could make a difference. They are both treated identically -- unless the settings are changed to keep HD on BD-25.
Setting for Keep HD Audio for BD25 is unchecked. I rarely keep HD Audio. Just as ???? as you are jdobbs.
steveg32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 11:55   #17782  |  Link
steveg32

Safe & Savages - DVD-5 MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT. No audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Video Dude View Post
Did you demux the audio to determine if the file stream is truncated?
No. I just let BD Reb do its' thing.
steveg32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 13:19   #17783  |  Link
Video Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveg32 View Post
No. I just let BD Reb do its' thing.
Demuxing and analyzing the audio of the BD-RB output files can help determine what the problem is.

If you find the audio is fully intact after demux, it might indicate a problem with your plackback device.

If you find the demuxed audio stream is partial and abruptly stops, or the audio appears full according to the timecodes, but has actual silence at the end, it might indicate a problem with your source or perhaps there was some error during the encoding or muxing process.
Video Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 14:09   #17784  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
May I just ask for a simple definition...

I am trying to back up my Blu-ray of THE CURE concert which is approximately 45 Gigs. It has a LOT of audio trax. When I try to use BDRB to reduce it to a single layer Blu-ray I get the error while it is processing the main video track saying:

'audio/pgs sizing issue'

I hit 'continue', but the resulting output folder ended up being about 41 Gigs anyway. Everything else ran just fine; no other errors. I DO of course have it set to keep the HD audio which is the point of the having the Blu-ray in this case. I looked in the Work Files and the resulting DTSHD file was indeed pretty big, about 10 Gigs.

Without getting to technical or involved, could someone just give me the short explanation of what this error means? Does it mean that the size with all the extra audio trax is just simply too big to shrink down to a BD25?

Thank you kindly!
It means the total size of the audio tracks alone is too big to fit on a BD-25 disc. Keeping HD audio is always a bad idea. It's a sales gimmick that is no more than a placebo. People think they can hear a difference because the salesmen tell them they can -- but always fail to identify the HD track in double-blind tests.

Last edited by jdobbs; 14th August 2013 at 14:12.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 18:30   #17785  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
It means the total size of the audio tracks alone is too big to fit on a BD-25 disc. Keeping HD audio is always a bad idea. It's a sales gimmick that is no more than a placebo. People think they can hear a difference because the salesmen tell them they can -- but always fail to identify the HD track in double-blind tests.
Thank you for taking the time to reply Mr. JDobbs; that was very nice of you considering the more serious things going on here.

Yes sir, I do believe that definitely is what contributed to what happened.

Thank you again for your help and also for the most EXCELLENT program!

Sincerely...

Last edited by Lathe; 15th August 2013 at 03:28. Reason: Change subscription...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 20:28   #17786  |  Link
Rich86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
Forced Subtitles:
Forced Subtitles still do not seem to work correctly. "Dead Man Down" blu-ray - making a movie only blu-ray from the source.
The forced subtitles work fine in the original with subtitles set to off. There are 48 forced subtitle entries in 2 of the 4 english .sup files.
I included all 4 english subtitles when creating the movie only blu-ray with version 44.15 of BDRB. But the forced subtitles do not work.
Check for this around the 13 minute mark when she is looking out the window waving to Colin Farrell, then has a conversation in french with her mother.
Is there a setting I am missing for this?
Update: Pls note that forced subtitles (there are 29 forced entries in track_2609 sup) also do not work for the "Olympus Has Fallen" BD title after processing the title in movie only mode. I provide this info in case another example might help diagnose and correct the problem.
Rich86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 01:39   #17787  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
Update: Pls note that forced subtitles (there are 29 forced entries in track_2609 sup) also do not work for the "Olympus Has Fallen" BD title after processing the title in movie only mode. I provide this info in case another example might help diagnose and correct the problem.
Thanks.
Old 15th August 2013, 20:20   #17788  |  Link
Dreamweaver2000a

Need to understand....

What is this log trying to tell me? I have downloaded the most current version of BD Rebuilder and Anydvd. I have ripped 3 different BDs and had the same problem. Can't understand what has changed since last week when all worked just fine.

----------------------
[08/15/13] BD Rebuilder v0.44.15 (beta)
[14:55:01] Source: 24S7D4
- Input BD size: 42.99 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:59:13.325]
- Target BD size: 22.95 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- Auto Quality: Good (Very Fast), ABR
- Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[14:55:01] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [14:55:02] Processing: VID_00361 (1 of 4)
- [14:55:02] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00361]
- [15:01:47] Reencoding video [VID_00361]
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 63,361 frames
- Bitrate: 12,631 Kbs
- [15:01:47] Reencoding: VID_00361, Pass 1 of 1
- Encode failed. Aborting.
- BD-Rebuilder v0.44.15 (beta)
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: 1.11.96.14, Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3882, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libmpeg2": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "ffmpeg-mt": Ok
- AnyDVD Remove Annoying Adverts: Incompatible
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
[15:01:47] - Failed video encode, aborted

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Dreamweaver2000a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 20:40   #17789  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

The obvious answer would seem to be to "go to your AnyDVDHD Video Blu-ray Settings and un-check "Remove annoying adverts and trailers"".
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 20:52   #17790  |  Link
AmigaFuture

That, and, or, exit AnyDVD (HD) before using BD-Rebuilder since you may use it to remove those. I'd change that option since it could be viewed as Pre-Processing.
Old 15th August 2013, 21:40   #17791  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
In the latest version of BD-RB (v0.39.01) I have added some undocumented features. I didn't want to make them widely available until there was some more widespread testing (so far I'm the only tester). The new features enable a "Movie and Menus" mode and also the ability to selectively blank playlists.

ENABLE_TEST=1...The "Movie and Menus" selection will now appear in the MODE menu

....please play with it and let me know what you think. Any suggestions for making it more usable will also be appreciated -- but please be reasonable.
Hey I've not tried BD-RB since v39.01 and had to look this post up again to figure-out how to get it to work in 44.15. Well, it works brilliantly! Not sure why it's not in HIDDEN OPTs!

Anyway my suggestion (question I guess): Is there any way, once your proggie has brilliantly enabled the disc to go straight to the Menu by blanking all the preliminary junk, to now get it to bypass even the Menu, and start playing the movie?

I suspect not; I look at the disc structure with BDedit and can't make head or tail out of it...
Old 16th August 2013, 02:15   #17792  |  Link
Capsbackup

If your intent is to just play the movie only, which I assume is not what you mean, then just a movie only backup.
However, if your intent is to have the disc start with playing the movie, and upon completion go to the main menu, then I can see where this could be an interesting option!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 14:48   #17793  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
...if your intent is to have the disc start with playing the movie, and upon completion go to the main menu, then I can see where this could be an interesting option!
That. I like hitting the Close button on my BD player when my wife arrives in the HT, and the movie starts w/o any fiddling. With DVDs I use PgcEdit to accomplish this, while keeping the menu/extras for post-movieviewing examination (my wife always exits the HT before the credits end!), but the BD structure is afaict completely impenetrable. Or at least, BDEdit is completely impenetrable to me!

Anyway to not get too far afield from this thread--NO BUGS THAT I CAN FIND in BD-RB's editing features!

I say "ship it", but I suspect jdobbs has in mind to set a Guinness World Record for software being in Beta--it will be 5 years in Dec I think!

Last edited by laserfan; 16th August 2013 at 14:51.
Old 16th August 2013, 15:45   #17794  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
That. I like hitting the Close button on my BD player when my wife arrives in the HT, and the movie starts w/o any fiddling. With DVDs I use PgcEdit to accomplish this, while keeping the menu/extras for post-movieviewing examination (my wife always exits the HT before the credits end!), but the BD structure is afaict completely impenetrable. Or at least, BDEdit is completely impenetrable to me!

Anyway to not get too far afield from this thread--NO BUGS THAT I CAN FIND in BD-RB's editing features!

I say "ship it", but I suspect jdobbs has in mind to set a Guinness World Record for software being in Beta--it will be 5 years in Dec I think!
I'm not sure what the definition of "ship it" would be, since my intent is to just keep it freeware anyway.
Old 16th August 2013, 16:10   #17795  |  Link
jdobbs

BD Rebuilder v0.44.16 (beta)

I have updated the first post of this thread with a link to the latest version of BD-RB (v0.44.16). Changes for this release:
Code:
- Corrected an issue in which MKV files that
  have audio offsets were not being adjusted
  properly during import.
- Fixed a problem in MKV generation on sources
  with a fairly large number of parts that could
  result in a "Failed to REBUILD" error.
- Corrected an error in which rebuild of MPEG-2 
  sources could, under certain circumstances, 
  create an audio desynchronization.
- Added the ability to import multiple DVDs into
  a single quick-play structure. In order to do
  this you must put all the desired DVDs into a
  single folder -- and then select that folder
  under the IMPORT function.  The name of the
  folder should describe the DVD set and will be
  used in the quick-play pseudo menu.
- Updated the method used for conversion of XVID
  sources. Prior releases could lose frames and
  result in audio desync when importing XVID.
- Added code to the IMPORT algorithm that finds
  illegal audio sample rates, and force encoding
  to the required 48Khz for BD/DVD.
- Fixed an error in which performing encodes with
  iVTC set, followed by an exit and a follow-on
  rebuild could result in incorrect framerates
  and sync issues.
- Fixed an issue in which variable framerates in
  a source to be imported may result in incorrect
  framerate determination during IMPORT.
- Upgraded the tools MKVMERGE and MKVEXTRACT to 
  a newer release (v2.3.0)
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.
Old 16th August 2013, 17:31   #17796  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
I'm not sure what the definition of "ship it" would be, since my intent is to just keep it freeware anyway.
Oh I just meant IMO you have a "finished" product. Never mind that; it's clear why you are retaining the "beta software" designation.
Old 16th August 2013, 18:34   #17797  |  Link
thegame

Hi jdobbs thank you for the updated release, I just noticed this option,

under the IMPORT function. The name of the

does this mean we can take a DVD series for example Feast 1-3 and put all 3 video_ts folders in the same folder as mentioned, name it Feast Trilogy and BD-RB will make a menu to choose which title you want? what will it say DVD 1 and so on or the actual title? also do you have a sample image of what the menu would look like? and could we replace it with our own background image? or am I just way off base here lol.

Thanks for your time jdobbs and for the great software as usual, this is great stuff and it only keeps getting better!
thegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 19:03   #17798  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
Hi jdobbs thank you for the updated release, I just noticed this option,

under the IMPORT function. The name of the

does this mean we can take a DVD series for example Feast 1-3 and put all 3 video_ts folders in the same folder as mentioned, name it Feast Trilogy and BD-RB will make a menu to choose which title you want? what will it say DVD 1 and so on or the actual title? also do you have a sample image of what the menu would look like? and could we replace it with our own background image? or am I just way off base here lol.

Thanks for your time jdobbs and for the great software as usual, this is great stuff and it only keeps getting better!
The menu right now is a "Pseudo Menu" -- meaning you will skip between episodes by pushing the MENU button and a popup display will tell you the name of the selection about to be played.

Here's an example:

D:\SOURCE\STAR_WARS
D:\SOURCE\STAR_WARS\EPISODE_IV-A_NEW_HOPE
D:\SOURCE\STAR_WARS\EPISODE_V-THE_EMPIRE_STRIKES_BACK
D:\SOURCE\STAR_WARS\EPISODE_VI-RETURN OF THE JEDI

Each of the individual movie subdirectories contain the VIDEO_TS of a DVD structure. By selecting D:\SOURCE\STAR_WARS you could instruct BD-RB to import all three movies into a single BD structure. You could then reencode to BD-R. You could also do this with episodic DVDs, and each title will be included.

My intent in the future is to create an actual menu so that large numbers of episodes can be added and be easily selected out-of-order as well. In fact, I'm currently importing several old TV series now, and when I finish the "true" menu option I can just re-import them to create it.

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th August 2013 at 19:32.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 20:27   #17799  |  Link
thegame

Quote:
The menu right now is a "Pseudo Menu" -- meaning you will skip between episodes by pushing the MENU button and a popup display will tell you the name of the selection about to be played.

Here's an example:

D:\SOURCE\STAR_WARS
D:\SOURCE\STAR_WARS\EPISODE_IV-A_NEW_HOPE
D:\SOURCE\STAR_WARS\EPISODE_V-THE_EMPIRE_STRIKES_BACK
D:\SOURCE\STAR_WARS\EPISODE_VI-RETURN OF THE JEDI

Each of the individual movie subdirectories contain the VIDEO_TS of a DVD structure. By selecting D:\SOURCE\STAR_WARS you could instruct BD-RB to import all three movies into a single BD structure. You could then reencode to BD-R. You could also do this with episodic DVDs, and each title will be included.

My intent in the future is to create an actual menu so that large numbers of episodes can be added and be easily selected out-of-order as well. In fact, I'm currently importing several old TV series now, and when I finish the "true" menu option I can just re-import them to create it.
Thank you so much for this, now this is great! I can't wait to test this out, can we also upscale our DVD's to 720p or do they stay DVD rez?
thegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 22:55   #17800  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
Thank you so much for this, now this is great! I can't wait to test this out, can we also upscale our DVD's to 720p or do they stay DVD rez?
You can resize as you see fit -- but, of course, that has to happen after the import (during the reencode).