Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 3rd February 2020, 05:47   #1541  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

https://vidcoder.net/
RandomEngy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2020, 06:24   #1542  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Released VidCoder 6.5 Beta:
  • Made the selected window more obvious by changing the title bar background color and window border color on selection.
  • Added Arabic translation. Enabled right-to-left layout for languages that use it.
Old 3rd February 2020, 08:24   #1543  |  Link
dr_ml422

Windows 10 denies any player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomEngy View Post
This is not just with a certain codec, this is with any source and even when I downloaded it from this link, it told me that the Store version doesn't allow opening up a player. Is this link here the same one as the store version from Microsoft?

After all these years and I just now noticed that under Audio/Codec/ there was an option for Pass-Thru. What I've done all this time was select the encoder, and then check the Pass-Thru if possible option. There's just no definitive Guide, and I've had to go to HandBrake's site and copy what they offer as it's almost the same except for the obvious.

Just a small tip here for anyone using HEVC: For DVDs if you want the smallest, most efficient size use the 720p 30 setting, as anything else will definitely give you a much larger size, especially if you go to 1080p 30. We're talking about a gigabyte more or less extra.

If this link here is the same as the Store's version then it won't make a difference.

Where is the update option? I can't find it anywhere, thanks.
dr_ml422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2020, 12:02   #1544  |  Link
gonca

Are you talking about the preview player?
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2020, 21:43   #1545  |  Link
dr_ml422

Yes the preview player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Are you talking about the preview player?
Yes the preview player. Windows will not let me open it up saying the store version of VidCoder doesn't allow for that.

Where is the update option? Is there an update option where you can specify when it can look for updates and either notify or download and update VidCoder?
Old 3rd February 2020, 22:19   #1546  |  Link
napouser

program crashes when adding drag and drop disc while loading an other disc
napouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2020, 22:51   #1547  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_ml422 View Post
Yes the preview player. Windows will not let me open it up saying the store version of VidCoder doesn't allow for that.

Where is the update option? Is there an update option where you can specify when it can look for updates and either notify or download and update VidCoder?
Go to Global Options > General and make sure Use built in player for previews is checked
If the problem still persists uninstall the microsoft store version and use one of the other ones
Don't think there is an update option
Click on Help and select Homepage and manually check
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2020, 06:39   #1548  |  Link
dr_ml422

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Go to Global Options > General and make sure Use built in player for previews is checked
If the problem still persists uninstall the microsoft store version and use one of the other ones
Don't think there is an update option
Click on Help and select Homepage and manually check

I've downloaded from the VidCoder homepage, and I still get that it's the store version. I might just have to check on Users Rights as Windows 10 has notoriously played too much with that. Preview is checked for the built-in player.
Old 4th February 2020, 08:18   #1549  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

dr_ml422: If you want to launch a specific external player, you need to install via the "Installer (.exe)" link. The Microsoft Store version has security restrictions that prevent it from directly launching external processes.

napouser: Thanks for the report. Will fix this in the next release. It also looks like scan canceling was broken by a change the HandBrake team made in the interop library. Will also fix that one.

Also by the way, the Visual Studio tool to renew my Microsoft Store certificate is not working, so I can't publish updates to the Store version. You'll have to use the Installer or Portable version to get updates.
Old 8th February 2020, 13:43   #1550  |  Link
napouser

bug with 5.13

restoring a completed movie with 20 audio tracks while completed had selected only 1 brings back the full 20 audio tracks selected for encoding while picker says only 1/20 selected. however the 20 selected is ghost. if u switch the qrf setting lets say from 21 to 23 the audio tab switch from 20 to 1 again
so generally just a visual bug probably
Old 9th February 2020, 16:07   #1551  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Released VidCoder 5.17:
  • Prevented starting disc scans or drag and drop scans while another source is scanning. This resolves crashes caused by simultaneous scans.
  • Fixed hang on canceling a scan.
Old 9th February 2020, 16:16   #1552  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Released VidCoder 6.6 Beta:
  • Prevented starting disc scans or drag and drop scans while another source is scanning. This resolves crashes caused by simultaneous scans.
  • Fixed hang on canceling a scan.
Old 10th February 2020, 00:00   #1553  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

Hello,

i'm trying to convert dvd pal 25fps to 50fps (decomb bob).

however media info light keeps saying the output file is 25fps.

i have tried several combinations, and i can't output a file from vidcoder that is 50fps. (or handbrake also)

can anyone help me with this, to my understanding the output file should be 50fps if using bob decomb no?

Quote:
Video
ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main@L3@Main
Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duration : 4 min 9 s
Width : 694 pixels
Height : 574 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 1.290
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Writing library : x265 3.2.1+1-b5c86a64bbbe:[Windows][GCC 9.2.0][64 bit] 8bit+10bit+12bit

Edit***

i just used mpc and checked the decoder, it says it's playing at 50fps, so after all this time...the issue is media info light

ufffa

Last edited by Pulp Catalyst; 10th February 2020 at 00:19. Reason: it's ok checked
Pulp Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2020, 15:26   #1554  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

napouser: Can't seem to reproduce the "all selected" error you describe. Do you have any audio picker settings enabled?
Old 5th March 2020, 10:49   #1555  |  Link
dr_ml422

Quote:
dr_ml422: If you want to launch a specific external player, you need to install via the "Installer (.exe)" link. The Microsoft Store version has security restrictions that prevent it from directly launching external processes.

napouser: Thanks for the report. Will fix this in the next release. It also looks like scan canceling was broken by a change the HandBrake team made in the interop library. Will also fix that one.

Also by the way, the Visual Studio tool to renew my Microsoft Store certificate is not working, so I can't publish updates to the Store version. You'll have to use the Installer or Portable version to get updates.
I'm trying to use the player that VidCoder uses for previews and not any external player. Does it have it's own internal player, and if so, why doesn't it work? Unless you don't have an internal player and if so the Microsoft Store version won't let it play. It looks like it encodes, but it won't let it play.

Where is that installer .exe link because I sure don't see it on the VidCoder site. I'm pretty sure I didn't down;load it from the store last time, so I really don't know what's happening. Thanks.
Old 5th March 2020, 19:56   #1556  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

There are a few different confusing terms here.

1) VidCoder has a built-in player for encoded preview clips that shows the video from within the app itself. This can have trouble sometimes, particularly with the newer and more exotic codecs. This should be present for all versions.
2) VidCoder can also launch the system default player for the video. This is generally pretty dependable. You can configure VidCoder to always launch preview clips with the system default player. This should also be present for all versions.
3) With the installer/portable version of VidCoder, you can pick which program will open the video. This capability is not present the Microsoft Store version of VidCoder because of security restrictions for store apps.

From the VidCoder home page, the "Download (Installer)" link is the installer. I removed links to the Store version because my store certificate expired and their tooling is broken and not letting me renew it. So I can't give updates to it right now.
Old 5th March 2020, 22:04   #1557  |  Link
dr_ml422

Non Microsoft Store download link .

Quote:
You posted that the Microsoft Store download doesn't allow for outside operations, which it doesn't. So which is the download .exe link you posted about because I haven't seen it, and I'm almost positive that maybe I used it and the built in preview doesn't work, only on encoding a preview clip. My encodes are the HEVC MKV 730 Fast preset.

There seems to be a bug where VidCoder at times will burn the CC captions into the output file, but at other times it won't. I think the Handbrake page says that if checked it will pass it through which I think it does, but it doesn't mention burning the CC caption into the output file. It's hit or miss when deciding to burn it in. There not the same as DVD VobSubs as prolly many think. I'll continue to try out burning into and or just checking it without any additional commands as default, burnt in, etc...

The option to apply current preset encoding settings to a title in the queue only applies to one title at a time. I don't see anywhere the option to apply current encoding settings to all, at least not on the right hand click in the queue. I've highlighted all of the titles and applied that option and when I went to the titles to check it out only the one where the arrow was pointing to had changed encoding settings.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Last edited by dr_ml422; 5th March 2020 at 22:31. Reason: xtra info
Old 6th March 2020, 00:23   #1558  |  Link
dr_ml422

Ok I now figured something out. Closed Captioning will crossover as either just checked, enabled by default or burnt into the output file within a whole movie, and not individual titles or small parts of the same said DVD. However, DVD VOBSubs will crossover as burnt into theses smaller titles, or smaller clips of the same DVD, even I guess as Default. Must be that closed captioning is part of some whole script and not individually placed into the various parts of the DVD. Some DVDs are broken into separate small titles that run after one another instead of separate Vob clips and so that's why only the DVD VobSubs will work in them.
Old 6th March 2020, 06:47   #1559  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

The current installer link is https://github.com/RandomEngy/VidCod...Coder-5.17.exe . The portable version is also an .exe that can run standalone: https://github.com/RandomEngy/VidCod...7-Portable.exe .

As far as the "built-in preview" not working, you'll have to be a little more specific. Are you saying the static preview images are not showing up?
Old 17th March 2020, 22:22   #1560  |  Link
napouser

suggestion

a way to improve ur program is when user adds something invalid to pop a msg instead of doing nothing
was trying the other day drag and drop 100 dvds and only 30 of them came out
i was like wtf only to find out that some of them were not even processing to create a queue item
apparently the problem was on my end most of these dvds had VIDEO_TS.BUP instead of IFO so i did a bunch of renames and it worked
might be cool tho for users who dont know so u can add something like "no media found in folder" or something when user adds a folder with missing dvd-bluray files