Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Old 26th July 2015, 14:04   #1  |  Link
atamo

VirtualDubMod Status

Hy!

Please tell me someone what mean the VirtualDubMod Status windows Video tab's diagramm. When I encode some AVI appear a blue diagram with some red columns, the ordinate changed sometime from 50k to 100k. I'm curious what mean this red lines wich sometime reaches the top of the windows.

thank's
atamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2015, 15:38   #2  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Haven't used VirtualDubMod in 10 years, but I assume the "Video" tab in the status window was simply inherited from original VirtaulDub.

If so, it simply shows you the encoded size of each frame. Each "bar" in the chart corresponds to one frame and the bar's height corresponds that frame's size. The ordinate changes, depending on the bitrate, of course.

Now, blue bars correspond to "delta" (predictive) frames, while red bars correspond to key (intra) frames. You'll notice that the diagram becomes all red, when you use an intra-only codec.

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 26th July 2015 at 15:54.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2015, 17:19   #3  |  Link
atamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
blue bars correspond to "delta" (predictive) frames, while red bars correspond to key (intra) frames. You'll notice that the diagram becomes all red, when you use an intra-only codec.
for the help
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR
Haven't used VirtualDubMod in 10 years
I do not know the new tools, I tried Wondershare and Xilisoft Video Converter to reencode my Digital Camera video from AVI to AVI, but these don't have enough manual video settings functions. Please tell me what software is good for old Avi video reencode (change video/audio bitrate and image size).
Old 26th July 2015, 17:54   #4  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Why not start by using an up-to-date VirtualDub, rather than some fork thereof that hasn't been update for 10+ years?

Most features that the "mod" added to VirtualDub more than a decade ago are either available as plug-in's for modern VirtualDub (e.g. MPEG-2 input) or are so much outdated that you don't want to use them nowadays (e.g. Matroska support).

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 26th July 2015 at 18:15.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2015, 18:38   #5  |  Link
atamo

I've up-to-date VirtualDub but unfortunately

Quote:
His forums be closing permanently the weekend of March 15th 2015
in other words it also a dead way
Old 27th July 2015, 19:36   #6  |  Link
ChiDragon

He specifically stated in the forum post that one of the reasons for closing the forums was so that what little free time he has for VirtualDub can actually be spent on the software instead of administration and other nonsense.
ChiDragon is offline   Reply With Quote