Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th September 2014, 21:59   #241  |  Link
kalehrl

Hi Nikse
I keep getting this error:
Quote:
Source: SubtitleEdit

StackTrace:
at QuartzTypeLib.IMediaControl.RenderFile(String strFilename)
at Nikse.SubtitleEdit.Logic.VideoPlayers.QuartsPlayer.Initialize(Control ownerControl, String videoFileName, EventHandler onVideoLoaded, EventHandler onVideoEnded)
at Nikse.SubtitleEdit.Logic.Utilities.InitializeVideoPlayerAndContainer(String fileName, VideoInfo videoInfo, VideoPlayerContainer videoPlayerContainer, EventHandler onVideoLoaded, EventHandler onVideoEnded)
I already have the latest LAV Filters installed.
kalehrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2014, 06:25   #242  |  Link
Nikse555

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalehrl View Post
Hi Nikse
I keep getting this error:

I already have the latest LAV Filters installed.
Is it only one video file that gives this error or all videos files?
LAV Filters cannot decode all video files so you might switch to VLC media player for special files like 10-bit color or similar.

Also, from version 3.4.0 SE runs 64-bit on 64-bit operating systems which will require 64-bit lav filters too.
Nikse555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2014, 07:27   #243  |  Link
kalehrl

I have Combined Community Codec Pack installed and I guess it ships 32bit LAV filters.
I installed 64bit version of the filters, and now SE works.
Thanks
kalehrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 20:37   #244  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

theres still problem with hearing impaired stuff removal in .ass subs and the "remove text before a colon" option. when the "only if text is UPPERCASE" box is ticked as well, then the information about the speaker is not removed:

{\an4\pos(1335,891)}NIC: Shh! --> {\an4\pos(1335,891)}NIC:

or {\an4\pos(691,748)}WOMAN: (OVER PA) --> {\an4\pos(691,748)}WOMAN:

(both lines should be removed entirely as they dont include any speech)

and when I leave the "only if text is UPPERCASE" box unticked then everything before the colon is removed including the screen position information part of the line:

{\an4\pos(652,817)}NIC: "Your hack into MIT --> "Your hack into MIT

(screen position information needs to be preserved and not taken into consideration for removal if there is still speech present in the line)
Old 21st September 2014, 03:31   #245  |  Link
minhjirachi

Does anyone know which software can make the effect for the subtitle? Like Fade In Effect or Fade Out Effect.
minhjirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2014, 05:55   #246  |  Link
Superb

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhjirachi View Post
Does anyone know which software can make the effect for the subtitle? Like Fade In Effect or Fade Out Effect.
Aegisub... for example... http://docs.aegisub.org/3.2/ASS_Tags/
Superb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2014, 13:12   #247  |  Link
tuco76

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhjirachi View Post
PotPlayer is sort of disneyland for the habitual subtitle tinkerer
Standard Fade effect, Fade in/ out adjustable strengt 1-100%,
and an almost ridiculous lot of else subtitle settings, selections/ adjustments/features/gimmicks on top of that. Be aware!
You prefer it rather basic and readily comprehensible-
better dont bother with
tuco76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2014, 13:28   #248  |  Link
Mole

Do you think it'll be possible to open several subs at the same time?

For example, sometimes I work with subs from TV series, and I'd like to be able to spell check them all with exactly the same settings, so that certain weird name not in the dictionary can be skipped automatically on all the subs or certain words be renamed on all subs. But I'd rather not add them all permanently in the program because occasionally there may be spelling variations on a particular name, which may be used in one movie, but spelled differently in another. So I want to manually specify which spelling I want to use.

This is often the case for us who work with English subs for non English movies.

Maybe each sub can be in it's own tab or something.

Also, you should separate word list which we have added manually into a dedicated XML file, so that each time we upgrade your program we can simply just copy this XML file over.

Currently all are stored in the eng_OCRFixReplaceList and each time I upgrade your program, I need to manually add in my own stuff in there, because each new version will write over this file.

Problem is that all the words will be sorted alphabetically in eng_OCRFixReplaceList, and often I don't remember which one was my own.

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Last edited by Mole; 25th September 2014 at 13:35.
Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2014, 18:22   #249  |  Link
minhjirachi

I think the subtitle edit have a little bug with sub color. Check this script:

Code:
VAV STUDIO Hân Hạnh Giới thiệu
Bộ phim: <font color=yellow>"CUỘC CHIẾN LUÂN HỒI"</font>
Export as XML/PNG and *.SUP will have different results. XML/PNG get the correct color but can't import to Scenarist without BDSup2Sub and have a little bug about time stamp. Export as *.SUP will have bug about the sub color.

Hope you can fix it as soon as possible.
Old 3rd October 2014, 13:49   #250  |  Link
Music Fan

Hi Nikse,
I have a lot of problems with DVB-SUB (included in TS) ;

1)a lot of ts can't be opened ("unhandled exception")

2)with those which are opened, the size after conversion in Blu-ray sup without OCR is completely different (much more little) than what I see when I play the original TS in MPC-HC and VLC (which both handle DVB-SUB). But for SE the size of the lines are the same before and after conversion : I mean that just after parsing the ts, if the detected height of a line is 33 (in the OCR window), the size will still be 33 for this line when opening the Blu-ray sup created from this ts, thus I don't know what is the real size and why they are different for MPC-HC and VLC while they are the same for SE.
And when put on AVCHD and played with a standalone player, the size of the Blu-ray sup is also very little, same size than what I see in MPC-HC and VLC (when playing remuxed TS with the Blu-ray sup).
But I'm sure that the original TS is correctly displayed by MPC-HC and VLC because they display the same subtitle size than my DVB recorder.
That's why I'm sure SE reduce the size of these DVB-SUB, but why ...

3)when I make OCR with Tesseract, a lot of words are not correctly identified while they are well readable (but maybe a little bit too tiny for Tesseract)

4)even when they are correctly identified, I have to skip them all one by one because SE don't know these words while they are very common

Last edited by Music Fan; 3rd October 2014 at 13:56.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2014, 14:18   #251  |  Link
Nikse555

@Mole: In next update the OCR fix list and the names etc list will have a "user" file.

@minhjirachi: thx, should be fixed here: http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit.zip (on src on github + next release)

@Music Fan:
1) the crash should be fixed here: http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit.zip (on src on github + next release)
Could you verify?
2) Could I check the file (email/msg)? Perhaps VLC/MPC-HC scales the subs etc?
3) yes, small fonts don't work too well in Tesseract.
4) English vs US? Try another dictionary.
Old 4th October 2014, 13:43   #252  |  Link
Music Fan

Thanks Nikse for all responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikse555 View Post
@Music Fan:
1) the crash should be fixed here: http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit.zip (on src on github + next release)
Could you verify?
That's a little bit better : files that crashed yesterday can now be parsed but the crash happens after : when I export in Blu-ray sup (without OCR) or when launching OCR.

Quote:
2) Could I check the file (email/msg)?
Here is a 1080i file that can be opened and "OCRed" ;
http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/94029699/file.html
You should be able to play it in VLC and MPC-HC to see the subtitles size (activate the french sub if not done automatically).
When exported in 1080p Blu-ray sup (whatever the bottom line setting) and remuxed in TS with TSmuxer, the subtitles size is much more little.
By the way, could you add the possibility to avoid the bottom line setting to have exactly the same position than in the original sub (if you solve the resize problem, because currently the position changes anyway because of the resize) ?

Quote:
Perhaps VLC/MPC-HC scales the subs etc?
I don't believe so, they are displayed at the same size than with my DVB recorder.

Quote:
3) yes, small fonts don't work too well in Tesseract.
Mmmh, could the other method work ?

Quote:
4) English vs US? Try another dictionary.
That's french, I didn't realize I had to change the language , that's ok now (I tried with the old 3.4.2 version, not the one you linked yesterday)
But a lot of t and q are considered as (

And I had to download the french dictionnary while there was already a fr-FR.xml file in the language folder. Or does it only concern the language of the program ? If yes, where are stored the dictionnaries ?

Anyway, there are still two problems ; crash with some ts and resize in Blu-ray sup.

Last edited by Music Fan; 4th October 2014 at 13:45.
Old 5th October 2014, 20:21   #253  |  Link
Music Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fan View Post
That's french, I didn't realize I had to change the language , that's ok now (I tried with the old 3.4.2 version, not the one you linked yesterday)
But a lot of t and q are considered as (
I found a trick that seems to solve this problem due to little characters size : after exporting in Blu-ray sup with SE (without OCR), I resize the sup with BDSup2Sub ("scale" setting). The text becomes bigger inside the sup which keeps its resolution (1080p sup remains in 1080p).
I chose 2 for x and y (twice the size for width and height to keep text's proportions).

Then I open this sup in SE and launch the OCR which is better done
Old 5th October 2014, 20:42   #254  |  Link
Nikse555

@Music Fan: OK, nice - in the meantime I've hopefully fixed the last TS crash here: http://www.nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit.zip (also in latest src on GitHub)
Old 5th October 2014, 21:02   #255  |  Link
Music Fan

Thanks, it doesn't crash anymore

I recall my other questions ;
1)did you try my ts file to see why it's resized when converted in Blu-ray sup ?
2)could you add the possibility to avoid the bottom line setting to have exactly the same position than in the original sub ?
3)in which folder are stored the dictionnaries ?
Old 6th October 2014, 03:29   #256  |  Link
minhjirachi

Can you add the subtitle preview, which like as BDSup2Sub? I think it's better when re-check all the subtitle to correct position. With current preview, I can't see nothing. Just the color, style without pos.
Old 12th October 2014, 20:00   #257  |  Link
mantis2892

Problem with timings

I have a problem when converting from SUP to SRT.

When there are two sets of subtitles shown, one at the top of the screen and one at the bottom at the same time, the timings of the bottom get screwed up

I mean lets say a subtitle appears at the top of the screen from 15:30:20 - 18:20:12, and lets say something appears at the bottom from 17:15:15 - 19:10:12. With the OCR method, the SRT file generates timecodes of 15:30:20 - 18:20:12 for the top subtitle and 18:20:12 - 19:10:12 for the bottom one.

Is there anyway to fix this (except for manually setting the timecodes of course).

Last edited by mantis2892; 12th October 2014 at 20:03.
mantis2892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 02:25   #258  |  Link
minhjirachi

I have a alignment problem with this script:

Code:
Phim thuyết minh độc quyền tại
<font color=yellow><b> WWW.ABC.NET </b></font>
And with the .ass subtitle, when I export to .sup, it has lost everything like subtitle position, color, and the subtitle layers.
Still have error with time stamp when exporting as xml/png.
Subtitle Edit cannot re-load the previous setting.

Last edited by minhjirachi; 13th October 2014 at 17:21.
Old 21st October 2014, 14:01   #259  |  Link
Music Fan

v3.4.3 has been released 8 days ago, I don't understand why Nikse555 didn't tell us this ;
https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit/releases
Old 21st October 2014, 19:32   #260  |  Link
Nikse555

He, I only updated the title of this thread.
SE 3.4.3 has some general performance improvements + some fixed memory leaks (especially in batch convert).
Also, "Compare" + "Measurement converter" are broken... not on purpose though