Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th September 2020, 12:43   #1  |  Link
MartinS

How do I speed up AviSynth processing a VideoFred script?

I am copying 8 and 16mm cine using a Flir Blackfly MV camera and reversed Schneider-Kreuznack Companon lens (with very good results)

I can capture 2448x2048 stills:

TIFF 24 bit depth 14.7MB ea
png 24 bit depth 4.5MB
jpeg at 250KB

or an MJPEG avi video stream at 136Mb/s

I am processing the captures with a VideoFred script and AviSynth 2.6 with Virtualdub.

The problem is that processing 4 mins of cine from small jpeg's is taking 20 hours! (png's would take many times longer)

I have tried to process an AVI video stream of 1.9 GB and AviSynth crashed with memory warnings. I can cut the video stream into smaller clips but that would play havoc with the stabilising.

It wouldn't be so bad if I were copying only a couple of films but I have 24 hours of both 8 and 16mm to copy!

The results are so good after the VideoFred treatment that I have to find a way of speeding things up.

I am sure that all of this has been discussed before so please exuse me for repeating the question.

All help WILL be useful

Martin
MartinS is offline   Reply With Quote