Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 14th February 2008, 22:50   #181  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

AVStoDVD release 1.2.3 is available.

Change log:

- Bugs fixing
- MediaInfo updated to 0.7.5.9

As usual, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2008, 02:03   #182  |  Link
Numer0bis
DVD-Rebuilder ViP

thank you very much for this great programm. I hate doing all the maths for the correct avi synth resizing, I've read the guides on doom9 for doing the correct resizing for dvd and managed to get it right after 10 minutes. Your program created the same avisynthscript in about 3 sec ;-).
Numer0bis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2008, 10:36   #183  |  Link
wg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
@wg & other user with problems with subs

Very important question: are you sure to have setup correctly video size in Subtitle Creator? Otherwise subs could go outside video frame....

a) Select "Formatting" and then "Video Format". Choose PAL or NTSC depending on your output DVD format

b) Select "Profile" and "Apply Profile". Choose your favorite profile. Be sure to choose 16:9 wide if your video frame widescreen
I'm using the no-install version of AVStoDVD 1.2.3, where is subtitle creator? it is not in the folder, & the software requirements do not mention it.

Thanks in advance.
wg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2008, 17:33   #184  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by wg View Post
I'm using the no-install version of AVStoDVD 1.2.3, where is subtitle creator? it is not in the folder, & the software requirements do not mention it.

Thanks in advance.
That's because I have not included Subtitle Creator in the AVStoDVD distribution package (both the installer and the "NoInstall").

Subtitle Creator basically can edit txt-based subs (like .srt) and convert them to bitmap-based subs (like .sup).

If you have a .srt subs file, since AVStoDVD cannot handle directly .srt subs, you can open it with (for example) Subtitle Creator, edit it by your will and then save it as a .sup then feed .sup into AVStoDVD. Be careful to choose correct Video Format (NTSC or PAL) and Aspect Ratio (4:3 or 16:9).

By the way, I have got it: I will put .srt subs support in my "ToDo" list....

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum

Last edited by MrC; 17th February 2008 at 17:38.
Old 19th February 2008, 00:30   #185  |  Link
wg

Quote:
@wg & other user with problems with subs

Very important question: are you sure to have setup correctly video size in Subtitle Creator? Otherwise subs could go outside video frame....

a) Select "Formatting" and then "Video Format". Choose PAL or NTSC depending on your output DVD format

b) Select "Profile" and "Apply Profile". Choose your favorite profile. Be sure to choose 16:9 wide if your video frame widescreen

Bye
Worked perfectly.

Thanks.
Old 2nd March 2008, 16:08   #186  |  Link
wg

Just tried the batch encode option for the first time(2 Movies), it worked like a charm, thanks again MrC for this great bit of software.
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:53   #187  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
thanks again MrC for this great bit of software.
You're welcome. And any suggestions are welcomed too.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 3rd March 2008, 19:40   #188  |  Link
Dkruskie

Works great for me too ..too bad i doesnt work for me in ubuntu, but oh well cant have it all.
Dkruskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 13:41   #189  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkruskie View Post
Works great for me too ..too bad i doesnt work for me in ubuntu, but oh well cant have it all.
AVStoDVD is open source... if you want to join the project and compile a Linux build....

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 4th March 2008, 15:46   #190  |  Link
Dkruskie

Quote:
AVStoDVD is open source... if you want to join the project and compile a Linux build....

Bye
I wouldn't even know where to begin, since I know very little of programming and such.
Dkruskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2008, 21:43   #191  |  Link
wg

Did another batch encode(2 movies), this time I selected the option to turn off the pc when finished. What actually happened was it turned the pc off when it had completed the first movie, it didn't start the second encode. Is this a possible bug?

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th March 2008, 12:36   #192  |  Link
Chelu

Using the whole AVS2DVD method, is there any way to create a .mpeg program stream, instead of only elementary streams. eventually I would take my conversions and put them onto DVD, but in the meanwhile would there be a way to holdoff on the VIDEO_TS output, and get some .mpeg files. I know TMPGENC could get the job done with the elementary streams, outside of the AVS2DVD process though, but is there a freeware program that could do the same thing with good results? So far I've seen Imago and MPlex mentioned, but with shaky reviews. Or maybe even a similar program that could join .vobs and export to dvd-ready .mpg.

I'm doing a whole bunch of DV tapes (.avi) to DVD, but I would like to put them through some video editing and stuff before I finally output to a DVD disc, which is why .mpeg's would be highly preferred.
Chelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2008, 14:57   #193  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Did another batch encode(2 movies), this time I selected the option to turn off the pc when finished. What actually happened was it turned the pc off when it had completed the first movie, it didn't start the second encode. Is this a possible bug?

Thanks in advance.
It is. Will fix.

Thanks to you for bug reporting.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 9th March 2008, 15:00   #194  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelu View Post
Using the whole AVS2DVD method, is there any way to create a .mpeg program stream, instead of only elementary streams. eventually I would take my conversions and put them onto DVD, but in the meanwhile would there be a way to holdoff on the VIDEO_TS output, and get some .mpeg files. I know TMPGENC could get the job done with the elementary streams, outside of the AVS2DVD process though, but is there a freeware program that could do the same thing with good results? So far I've seen Imago and MPlex mentioned, but with shaky reviews. Or maybe even a similar program that could join .vobs and export to dvd-ready .mpg.
ImagoMPEG-Muxer is a very good piece of software. It supports command line parameters as well, so you can automate the process using a batch file or a simple script.

Quote:
I'm doing a whole bunch of DV tapes (.avi) to DVD, but I would like to put them through some video editing and stuff before I finally output to a DVD disc, which is why .mpeg's would be highly preferred.
Usually video editing softwares let you input elementary streams and/or DVD structure (VIDEO_TS folder). So why bother muxing m2v and ac3?

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum

Last edited by MrC; 9th March 2008 at 15:03.
Old 14th March 2008, 05:23   #195  |  Link
wg

I can't get the preview to work, even changed the settings to use Media player classic or VLC player, still no joy. I have ffdshow latest stable release installed. I have tried various files makes no difference whether subtitles are used or not. I'm using AVStoDVD 1.2.3 no install.
This is the message I get when trying to use the default setting
'Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'YV12' (unknown).
VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media Player, are not suitable. Only 'Direct stream copy' is available for this video'.

This is the message I get when trying to use media player classic
'J:\AVStoDVD-Temp\AviSynthP.avs::Avisynth video #1

Media Type 0:
--------------------------
Video: YV12 720x406 23.98fps

AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
majortype: MEDIATYPE_Video {73646976-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
subtype: MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12 {32315659-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
formattype: FORMAT_VideoInfo {05589F80-C356-11CE-BF01-00AA0055595A}
bFixedSizeSamples: 1
bTemporalCompression: 0
lSampleSize: 438480
cbFormat: 88

VIDEOINFOHEADER:
rcSource: (0,0)-(0,0)
rcTarget: (0,0)-(0,0)
dwBitRate: 0
dwBitErrorRate: 0
AvgTimePerFrame: 417083

BITMAPINFOHEADER:
biSize: 40
biWidth: 720
biHeight: 406
biPlanes: 1
biBitCount: 12
biCompression: YV12
biSizeImage: 438480
biXPelsPerMeter: 0
biYPelsPerMeter: 0
biClrUsed: 0
biClrImportant: 0

pbFormat:
0000: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3b 5d 06 00 00 00 00 00 ........;]......
0030: 28 00 00 00 d0 02 00 00 96 01 00 00 01 00 0c 00 (...Ð...–.......
0040: 59 56 31 32 d0 b0 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 YV12а..........
0050: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ' ........

The audio will play in Media player classic, but no video preview.

Any advice much appreciated.
Old 14th March 2008, 13:44   #196  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@wg

Try opening ffdshow "Video Decoder Configuration" and "VFW Configuration", select "Supported Codecs" and make sure that "Raw video" is set to "all supported"

Let me know

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 17th March 2008, 06:20   #197  |  Link
wg

Quote:
@wg

Try opening ffdshow "Video Decoder Configuration" and "VFW Configuration", select "Supported Codecs" and make sure that "Raw video" is set to "all supported"

Let me know

Bye
Preview now works with Vdub & MPC, but subtitles are not shown or available in the preview, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th March 2008, 09:17   #198  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Preview now works with Vdub & MPC, but subtitles are not shown or available in the preview, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
As a matter of fact, subtitles cannot be previewed because they are muxed during authoring process and not "hard-encoded". Next AVStoDVD release will allow to choose if subs are muxed or hard-encoded.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 17th March 2008, 21:36   #199  |  Link
ricardo.santos

Quote:
Using the whole AVS2DVD method, is there any way to create a .mpeg program stream, instead of only elementary streams. .
that was possible in early avs2dvd versions, dont know why it was removed.....it was a very handy option.

when using avs2dvd in the fastest mode it checks the box "trellis" in Quenc, is that option supposed to be checked? From what i read trellis slows down considerably the conversion with minimal quality gain.
ricardo.santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2008, 13:47   #200  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo.santos View Post
that was possible in early avs2dvd versions, dont know why it was removed.....it was a very handy option.
MPEG muxed stream was removed since release 1.2.0 because I shifted from dvdauthor to MuxMan, and MuxMan accepts elementary streams. So .mpg creation was not more necessary.
However many user are asking me to re-introduce it. I will think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo.santos View Post
when using avs2dvd in the fastest mode it checks the box "trellis" in Quenc, is that option supposed to be checked? From what i read trellis slows down considerably the conversion with minimal quality gain.
Since QuEnc 0.75, "Trellis" check is used to activate multithread encoding and not trellis quantization. It is a DGZ's decision in order to speed up QuEnc multithread development without modifing the GUI... do not blame me...

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum