Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Programming and Hacking > Development

Old 8th June 2013, 00:44   #1  |  Link
ccsoon

REQUEST: Elgato EyeTV - Edit

Hello everybody.

ive i could make a program at my one, i have it done by know. But i don't understand nothing....

But i have television on my Mac with Elgato EyeTV. OK.
When i record a show i would like to cut the commercials from the movie, and EyeTV could do that only at 1sec every time so no frame by frame what i would like to have.

So if make a program that could read the *.eyetv file and edit what EyeTV does but with frame-by-frame cut that would be nice. (I make a picture what i thougt it would like to be)

But you must thinking by know, why don't you use another program. I'll explain. EyeTV keeps everything the same even if you trim or cut the movie. But when you use another program you have to CONVERTED it and that is also what i like to avoid.

So if somebody will make time for this? That would be great!

ccsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2013, 01:09   #2  |  Link
Asmodian

Frame accurate cutting requires converting unless you use an I frame only codec. It looks like EyeTV just captures the broadcast video which isn't I frame only. I think you are out of luck, conversion is required for frame accurate cutting, at least for the GOP you are trying to cut in.

Look for an app that supports "Smart Rendering" H.264. That is the term usually used for only re-encoding the GOPs around the edit point; which have to be re-encoded.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 23:15   #3  |  Link
ccsoon

Okay Asmodian, and others..

I found something what you said it must do, and i found it,but it's for Windows and not for Mac. But i can run Windows that's not the issue. But i would be nice if it could stay "together" run EyeTV + "EyeCut" or what i could be named.

And i could work with the program, but it's so clumpsy and it does'nt look good and right. If somebody could make that program "Smart Cutter" in the look of EyeTV editor with that simplicity but yet powerful that could make a difference. So it would like be sometthing like this.
EyeTV Normal Editor Looks like this:

Smart Cutter Program Looks like this:

And if you combined that two program's together it would be like this:

And it would be nice if there is some way to "extract" DVB/Teletext Subtitles.
Oh and it would be also nice if the "EyeCut" program could read *.eyetv file's...

Thanks...
ccsoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edit, elgato, eyetv, frame