Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 20th September 2018, 03:23   #52541  |  Link
ryrynz

Madshi, when using the keyboard shortcut to option the settings, can you return focus back to the player please? It's fine if you use the the context menu to get into the settings.
I tried different versions of madVR and player and it doesn't change anything, guess this has always been the case but nobody has commented on it.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 07:06   #52542  |  Link
mogli

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Is this only with HDR content, or also with SDR? And if you go back to v0.92.14, the problem is definitely completely gone?
Both HDR and SDR (and every material/setting/decoder/etc. I tried). Yes, this problem happens with v0.92.15 only.
mogli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 08:34   #52543  |  Link
RainyDog

Thanks for the new version madshi

There seems to have been a bug introduced with zoom control and crop black bars however, so when that option is ticked the image aspect ratio is vertically squished (using downscaling on the y axis according to the OSD). At least on the couple of videos I tested it with last night anyway.

Can anyone else reproduce this?
RainyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 08:36   #52544  |  Link
Grimsdyke

Quote:
I don't remember any of that. Do you have a link to the old discussion?
This must have been months ago so sorry I don't have a link but I have saved my question and Nev's answer.

@ Nev. When using D3D11 and Automatic/Native I am getting sometimes green screens in MPC-BE (+ MadVR) especially on lower resolution files !! The file keeps playing and I hear the sound.
The only way to fix this seem to be to select the GPU in LAV video decoder settings. Please let me know if you need more details.

Issues like that which are exclusive to Native D3D11 mode you should report to madshi, if it happens only with certain files make sure to include one. madVR directly processes the textures in Native mode, so only he has access to see whats going on.

In the meantime this problem seem to have been limited to SD resolution files only but now all (tested) files are affected !!
Grimsdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 08:43   #52545  |  Link
Siso

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDog View Post
Thanks for the new version madshi

There seems to have been a bug introduced with zoom control and crop black bars however, so when that option is ticked the image aspect ratio is vertically squished (using downscaling on the y axis according to the OSD). At least on the couple of videos I tested it with last night anyway.

Can anyone else reproduce this?
I have the same bug.
Siso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 08:44   #52546  |  Link
madjock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimsdyke View Post
This must have been months ago so sorry I don't have a link but I have saved my question and Nev's answer.

@ Nev. When using D3D11 and Automatic/Native I am getting sometimes green screens in MPC-BE (+ MadVR) especially on lower resolution files !! The file keeps playing and I hear the sound.
The only way to fix this seem to be to select the GPU in LAV video decoder settings. Please let me know if you need more details.

Issues like that which are exclusive to Native D3D11 mode you should report to madshi, if it happens only with certain files make sure to include one. madVR directly processes the textures in Native mode, so only he has access to see whats going on.

In the meantime this problem seem to have been limited to SD resolution files only but now all (tested) files are affected !!
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...EN#post1838738
madjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 09:57   #52547  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Madshi, when using the keyboard shortcut to option the settings, can you return focus back to the player please? It's fine if you use the the context menu to get into the settings.
Why would you want the focus on the media player, when the settings dialog is open? If you open the settings dialog, you want to use it, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogli View Post
Both HDR and SDR (and every material/setting/decoder/etc. I tried). Yes, this problem happens with v0.92.15 only.
Can you please try the 2 different builds here?

http://madshi.net/madVR9215b.zip

Please test both builds and let me know if both work, or only one or none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDog View Post
Found and fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjock View Post
Ah ok. I said back then that I would rework native D3D11 support at some point in the future. And I will.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 09:59   #52548  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
jmone, you around? I'm HOPING it's just me, but, the latest build does not fix the subtitle issue for me. I don't know if this was supposed to be fixed or not but I don't get subs showing up at all. Just wondering if jmone (or anyone else) has tested it.
Subtitles are fine for me.
Old 20th September 2018, 10:01   #52549  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Why would you want the focus on the media player, when the settings dialog is open? If you open the settings dialog, you want to use it, no?
Not when it's open, when it's closed. For some reason my Media player doesn't get focus.. my other PC though I've just found out does get focus, so must be media player settings.. Guess I'll have to figure it out.
Old 20th September 2018, 10:14   #52550  |  Link
mogli

Quote:
Can you please try the 2 different builds here?

http://madshi.net/madVR9215b.zip

Please test both builds and let me know if both work, or only one or none.
Both work fine, yeah.
mogli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 10:15   #52551  |  Link
ryrynz

Yeah same for me, both possible and probable give me the same queue results which are better than .15 release.
Old 20th September 2018, 10:19   #52552  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Not when it's open, when it's closed. For some reason my Media player doesn't get focus.. my other PC though I've just found out does get focus, so must be media player settings.. Guess I'll have to figure it out.
Well, the settings dialog is done by a different process (madHcCtrl.exe). When that window closes, it's the OS's job to pick a new focused window. Usually that should be the one that was focused before. Not sure why that doesn't work for you.

The settings dialog doesn't really handle focus stuff, that's the OS's job. It's not really usual for a process to manually focus another process when it's closing down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogli View Post
Both work fine, yeah.
Quote:
Yeah same for me, both possible and probable give me the same queue results which are better than .15 release.
That's good news, thanks!
Old 20th September 2018, 10:28   #52553  |  Link
jmone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
jmone, you around? I'm HOPING it's just me, but, the latest build does not fix the subtitle issue for me. I don't know if this was supposed to be fixed or not but I don't get subs showing up at all. Just wondering if jmone (or anyone else) has tested it.
Yup now working fine for me! Looking good so far
jmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 10:34   #52554  |  Link
ryrynz

Was a problematic setting or a conflict between stored registry settings and the ini file in the media player folder.. sorted it
Old 20th September 2018, 10:38   #52555  |  Link
madjock

@madshi

Possible fix better for me. The render times do seem to have jumped up a bit compared to the last few builds, still ok though.

https://ibb.co/m7WoPz

How do you completely get rid of madVR and start afresh, as I have been messing with different builds, and even though I uninstall, delete the folder, place a new folder with a different name, old settings sometimes stay in the app for some reason ?
madjock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 10:42   #52556  |  Link
ryrynz

Batch file in the install directory. restore default settings.bat
Old 20th September 2018, 10:44   #52557  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjock View Post
How do you completely get rid of madVR and start afresh, as I have been messing with different builds, and even though I uninstall, delete the folder, place a new folder with a different name, old settings sometimes stay in the app for some reason ?
Double click "restore default settings.bat" before deleting the folder. Or otherwise manually delete HKCU\Software\madshi\madVR.
Old 20th September 2018, 10:44   #52558  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

madVR v0.92.16 released

http://madshi.net/madVR.zip

Code:
* fixed: rendering and present queues didn't fill correctly when using D3D11 for presentation
* fixed: "crop black bars" didn't work correctly
Old 20th September 2018, 10:48   #52559  |  Link
Klaus1189

Quote:
madVR v0.92.16 released

Thank you
Klaus1189 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2018, 11:19   #52560  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
madVR v0.92.16 released

Code:
* fixed: rendering and present queues didn't fill correctly when using D3D11 for presentation
* fixed: "crop black bars" didn't work correctly
MADSHI - you're a wonderful human being. Whats next, world peace?

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling