Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 23rd November 2018, 18:59   #28121  |  Link
AmigaFuture

The person I talked to attempted to assure me about SmartPost. I said 3 times in different parts of the conversation, "It was delivered to my hands by a guy wearing FedEx clothing." So, SmartPost now is handled by FedEx?? Blank look, then, literally, "Uhh...no..." and I though the same as you. I'm not mad, and I know stuff happens. I'm not a fan of FedEx or UPS - leaving packages as they do sometimes. USPS has never left a package openly accessible.
Old 24th November 2018, 00:11   #28122  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
USPS has never left a package openly accessible.
If a package doesn't fit in my mailbox, it is left below the mailbox (attached to the house), or right next to my door (which is 8' from the mailbox). So, yes, the package is out in the open.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2018, 00:29   #28123  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
If a package doesn't fit in my mailbox, it is left below the mailbox (attached to the house), or right next to my door (which is 8' from the mailbox). So, yes, the package is out in the open.
Aha! Now I know where to wait whilst you are at work!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2018, 02:32   #28124  |  Link
AmigaFuture

My original reply about FedEx had a note at the end about Lathe, something along the lines he replied to you with. Oh, how we know how the Parrot drinker in the Basement thinks..that watches the kiddies go by.. Heeeh, heeh, heeh...
Old 24th November 2018, 05:59   #28125  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Aha! Now I know where to wait whilst you are at work!
Not at work anymore.
Old 24th November 2018, 06:00   #28126  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
My original reply about FedEx had a note at the end about Lathe, something along the lines he replied to you with. Oh, how we know how the Parrot drinker in the Basement thinks..that watches the kiddies go by.. Heeeh, heeh, heeh...
A little tough to watch anyone go by from within a basement. My X-ray glasses are broken.
Old 24th November 2018, 06:01   #28127  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
A little tough to watch anyone go by from within a basement. My X-ray glasses are broken.
Old 24th November 2018, 19:11   #28128  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Lathe...not you. gonca had created that one about Lathe. Many basements have windows or holes of some kind.

--

Because I haven't really checked into copy protection removal, and how some of them affect playback, it seems I've found a solve to the problem(s) I've noticed for a while with BDs using multi-.m2ts files. Hmm...testing.. I was starting to wonder if BD-RB wasn't rebuilding correctly but...then, wouldn't a lot of people complained about it here?

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 24th November 2018 at 21:17.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2018, 20:08   #28129  |  Link
Wizzu

Mmm... Has this place become social media instead of Bd-rebuilder talk?
------------------------------------------------
Twice now that trying to import DVD episodes with the latest version (0.60.04), I get a Runtime error "6" - overflow during import.

- 1st time with DVD episodes from Twin Peaks - the return
- 2nd time with "" "" "" Legion - Season 1

Strangely, for BOTH, the runtime error comes up between 65% and 70% import of the 1st episode.

I'll have to eat my words about BD-Rebuilder not being in beta anymore?

Tried older versions (0.50.23, 0.50.18), same issue.
Wizzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2018, 20:20   #28130  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Many basements have windows or holes of some kind.
Even so, if one is sitting, the view angle would be such that you would only be able to see above anyone walking by. One would have to stand on something in order to view anyone going by. Easier to go upstairs and do it.

In my case, there are zero windows street side.
Old 24th November 2018, 20:23   #28131  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzu View Post
Twice now that trying to import DVD episodes with the latest version (0.60.04), I get a Runtime error "6" - overflow during import.
Something is wrong with your setup, as I've had zero issues importing files from DVDs. Other than the stuff that was reported and fixed by JD. But never your runtime error issue.
Old 24th November 2018, 20:42   #28132  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Even so, if one is sitting, the view angle would be such that you would only be able to see above anyone walking by. One would have to stand on something in order to view anyone going by. Easier to go upstairs and do it.

In my case, there are zero windows street side.
I SWEAR this guy is SO damn literal!
Old 24th November 2018, 21:46   #28133  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Something is wrong with your setup, as I've had zero issues importing files from DVDs. Other than the stuff that was reported and fixed by JD. But never your runtime error issue.
DVDs, BDs, not any problems here..but MKVs and MP4's, yeah...at times. But not that error.

Quote:
I SWEAR this guy is SO damn literal!
Wow, I'm surprised he's been brushed with that and I haven't. Observation is really a good thing as long as we are playful about it. Many women I know, don't really like it (Lathe....?)...and have said so. Lathe, stay away from the older and newer TV shows MacGyver if you're bugged about that stuff.

Social media?? I think it's fun to be able to discuss technical topics and have banter mixed in some. But social media like Facebook, eh..

Ahh...this new Pioneer BDR-2209 is pretty cool. Not a bad burn or a "misread" from my LG Player yet. I had to reformat all the RE-DL's I was using, which is okay. The ripping speed is a little slower than my ASUS's..but if that means better quality (read/write) then cool. Firmware update didn't change that.
Old 24th November 2018, 22:59   #28134  |  Link
Wizzu

Quote:
Something is wrong with your setup
Maybe so. Any idea as what could be wrong with my setup? Considering that I've just backed up my whole BD collection (127 titles) without issues except for 3-4 odd recent titles (Mad max Fury Road being one), and I'm having issues only when importing DVDs with episodes, I'm at a loss where to start to look for problems with my setup.

I've been using Bd-Rebuilder since 2011. This "Runtime "6" Overflow" error when importing DVDs, was a known risk in older versions of Bd-Rebuilder but was taken care of by Jdobbs in version 0.43.6 in... 2013! And I haven't been experiencing it in years. It's very strange for me to see this again.

I recently re-installed MPC-HC, maybe it's got something to do with it (codecs?).
Old 24th November 2018, 23:04   #28135  |  Link
Wizzu

Quote:
I think it's fun to be able to discuss technical topics and have banter mixed in some.
Of course, but don't you think it's injecting a lot of off-topic clutter into an already extremely long and dense thread?

This thread used to be dedicated to bug reports and possible discussions with JDobbs about them. Haven't been back for a couple of years. I'm surprised that it's changed so much.
Old 24th November 2018, 23:43   #28136  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzu View Post
Of course, but don't you think it's injecting a lot of off-topic clutter into an already extremely long and dense thread?

This thread used to be dedicated to bug reports and possible discussions with JDobbs about them. Haven't been back for a couple of years. I'm surprised that it's changed so much.
... and, we can easily arrange for another 2 year absence

We've all been doing just fine so far. If JD doesn't like something, I'm sure he will let us know... It isn't excessive; there just are little bursts from time to time. If a person happened to come back to this thread after two years without any participation in all that time, and happened to stumble upon a little banter , I would suggest that that person should perhaps not feel free to complain... Besides, the thread is linear... So, I would think that it really does not matter at any given time if there is a bit of back and forth. If you are deeply searching the entire thread for something important, fine... that won't hurt. Otherwise, all one has to do is simply keep up with the current posts.

I feel that we have a very nice, constructive, communal atmosphere here where everyone truly does put forth an effort to help others when it is needed.

Just my lowly opinion...
Old 25th November 2018, 00:05   #28137  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
…..If JD doesn't like something, I'm sure he will let us know...
Well, I think he has become very forgiving
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2018, 00:40   #28138  |  Link
gonca

@Wizzu

Quote:
I recently re-installed MPC-HC, maybe it's got something to do with it (codecs?).
Doesn't MPC_HC install LAV
Are you using DirectShowSource
By the way, the only dense thing around here is Lathe
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2018, 05:05   #28139  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Well, I think he has become very forgiving
Yes, he's a good man... Slow, but fair...
Old 25th November 2018, 05:06   #28140  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
@Wizzu

Doesn't MPC_HC install LAV
Are you using DirectShowSource
By the way, the only dense thing around here is Lathe