Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 1st December 2018, 09:36   #16361  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
Why should I?
Is it rellevant to this error?
Code:
FFAudioSource: No audio track found
(D:\Temp\Ripbot264temp\Job1023\getinfo.avs, line 4)
I thought you were talking about this part of the response:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin
So I'm still encountering this issue.

I rip a 4K disc to the hard drive that has seamless branching, such as Incredibles 2. I then use Ripbot to pull in the movie and process it. The output will have out of sync audio towards the end of the movie. I think this only happens on 4K discs that are towards 2 hours or longer.
Time codes should fix your audio being out of sync. You can always set RipBot to "Skip demuxing process" and manually mux the subs later. Personally what I do but with a batch file. I don't handle audio or subs in RipBot but mux them back from source with a batch file. One of the main reasons for this is so that I can keep the MKV Title info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt123 View Post
Hey guy's,

I would be interested to hear your comments on which media player software you use & recommended for 4K playback on, of course, a 4K monitor.

I have been using VLC for years, but I have come to realise that it doesn't seem to be "up for the job", and even tho there are fix's out there, they don't seem to fix it (stuttery playback).

I also tried PowerDVD, and it seems ok on some files, but not all

So I did a Google, and that revealed a few good players :-

MPC-HC (that Atak uses within Ripbot) (seems to play 4K very well on a non 4K monitor)

MPV (haven't really tested this one, yet)

Potplayer (also seems to play 4K very well on a non 4K monitor)

So I've probably answered my own question, but would be interested what other's use

Cheers
I personally use VLC, MPC-HC, and Kodi for 99% of my video playback and/or testing. Granted I don't do 4K all of the time but I've used all 3 of those when I do.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 16:34   #16362  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
add /restart-if-no-progress to EncodingServer.exe commandline.
This command will restart encoding on server if ffmpeg.exe and x264.exe/x265.exe are not using cpu cycles for 1 minute.

Basically I'm checking USER TIME for specific process. This value increases if application is working.
Had the issue again:
https://imgur.com/a/K0Pn5pi
(cut off columns in the photo. I put this int he description for the photo as well, but: Columns are: Process, CPU, Private Bytes, Working Set, PID, Description, Company Name, Session, CPU Time, CPU History, and Cycles)
I'm not sure where you got that User Time in your picture, but I had to use Process Explorer, because in Windows 10 the Task Manager is trash. Incase you wanted User Time Vs. Total time there were also most the same:
ffmpeg.exe User Time: 0:02:23.687 / Total Time: 0:02:24.703
x265_x64.exe: User Time: 0:01:15.984 / Total Time: 0:01:17.031
Full details in the image above (2nd Image)

Looks like FFMPEG gave up at some point?
The other segments were doing ~13-14FPS, or about 107s per segment
There are 23 segments and it got stuck on 22, but 23 finished.

My command line:
Code:
/port 1000 /minimize /priority low /restart-if-no-progress 8
/port 2000 /minimize /priority low /restart-if-no-progress 8
Only using 2 servers

Using Process Explorer I killed the Process Tree for the "EncodingServer.exe" that was stuck and the next server picked up and finished the job, but the whole thing was stuck for many hours.

If you needed more info than this let me know and I can gather next time it happens.

Last edited by byteshare; 1st December 2018 at 16:45.
Old 1st December 2018, 17:03   #16363  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

I suspect that EncodingServer.exe died as well. That would explain why EncodingServer.exe has not restarted child processes. Please confirm my theory!
Basically kill ffmpeg.exe and x265_x64.exe and see If EncodingServer.exe will start encoding again.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 1st December 2018 at 17:06.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 20:09   #16364  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
I suspect that EncodingServer.exe died as well. That would explain why EncodingServer.exe has not restarted child processes. Please confirm my theory!
Basically kill ffmpeg.exe and x265_x64.exe and see If EncodingServer.exe will start encoding again.
Sounds good, I'll wait for it to happen again and only kill those two.
Thank you for your time.
Old 1st December 2018, 20:18   #16365  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
Sounds good, I'll wait for it to happen again and only kill those two.
Thank you for your time.
I'm 99,9% sure that you will see EncodingServer (not responding) message.
Old 1st December 2018, 21:21   #16366  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
I will do the same....pretty sure I don't get any messages
burt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 21:54   #16367  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
I will do the same....pretty sure I don't get any messages
Same, I don't see an error when this happens, but that makes sense if the EncodingServer.exe is stuck, which reports the errors.
Old 1st December 2018, 22:31   #16368  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

This is what I meant
Old 2nd December 2018, 00:44   #16369  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
This is what I meant
Is that suppose to be an example of the error message ???

And that also looks like W7...I think you'll find that the majority of "us" user's are running W10 or Server '16 / '19, and if I recall those OS's throw up messages down in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, or maybe off the Taskbar.

I am now only running one W7 machine, as I haven't noticed any advantages or disadvantages using W7 over W10 with Ripbot.

You might have to do some test runs on a VM W10..

I'm sure I did some test's for you a couple of weeks back, by suspending most of the components used by the Ripbot process, and those test's revealed that if you suspend either ffmpeg, x264 & x265, that it will indeed restart after the prescribed time in the Encoders commandline instructions...I have mine set @ 2 minutes, byteshare has it @ 8 (for example).

Maybe it's a case of monitoring Encoding Server the same way you did it for ffmpeg, etc, and that might make it almost "bullet proof" reliable
Old 2nd December 2018, 00:49   #16370  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post

My command line:
Code:
/port 1000 /minimize /priority low /restart-if-no-progress 8
/port 2000 /minimize /priority low /restart-if-no-progress 8
Only using 2 servers
Hey, I'm curious why you haven't got a numa "command" in there somewhere ???

What CPU(s) are you running ??? you could at least be using NUMA 0 !!
Old 2nd December 2018, 02:22   #16371  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Hey, I'm curious why you haven't got a numa "command" in there somewhere ???

What CPU(s) are you running ??? you could at least be using NUMA 0 !!
Using an AMD R7 1700, so I just let it default to Numa 0. It defaults to Numa 0 if you don't define it.
Old 3rd December 2018, 04:26   #16372  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
Just to bump this post for an update...

So I used Ripbot for the 1st time in over a week, today, using the newest EncodingServer 1.12.6.0, and the very first job stalled on Port 2000 !!!

But before I say anymore, I still can't understand why it won't start encoding after adding Job's, until you restart Ripbot , this has only started, recently.

OK, so back to the stall, I went into Process Hacker, and suspended ffmpeg, but it didn't seem to have any affect.

There were no pop up warnings, either, so that might also indicate that it's not ffmpeg, x264 or x265...

Back to the Encoder Client window, those ON/OFF buttons for each server control the Encoding Server, correct ??

So, if those button's don't do anything wouldn't that mean that Encoding Server has a major problem ??!!! You can keep pressing the OFF button forever, and it does nothing !!!!

Aborting the whole Job seems to be the quickest & best "fix".

I can't explain it any other way, I'm not an "IT" person !!

OK, a couple of hours later, I have had it happen several more times, but on the Client's, not the main PC (Server, I guess it is)...I cannot diagnose it with Process Hacker, everything appears to me, is still working, but one Encoding Server has definitely "locked up", and there's really only one course of action...re start Ripbot, and hope it doesn't happen again, anytime soon.

And as a result of aborting & restarting, the job starts from the beginning , and it show any other jobs that have been completed, as not being done.....

Last edited by burt123; 3rd December 2018 at 08:00. Reason: even more info
Old 3rd December 2018, 13:50   #16373  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Maybe it's a case of monitoring Encoding Server the same way you did it for ffmpeg, etc, and that might make it almost "bullet proof" reliable

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aw8gqz...erver.exe/file
Old 4th December 2018, 06:35   #16374  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
OK, well I can't read your mind, but what I did was download and overwrite the newer EncodingServer.exe.

I only did one encode today, and after a tiny little hiccup right at the start (probably my fault), it run faultlessly....the ONLY different thing that happened (and I wasn't watching when it did), but I returned to notice a "different" looking icon in the Taskbar, so I clicked on it, and there were 4 instances of that "Supervise Process" screen in your previous post, one for each of the servers/ports I had going.

Does that mean that there was a stall on all 4, and they were all started automatically ???
Old 4th December 2018, 12:00   #16375  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Does that mean that there was a stall on all 4, and they were all started automatically ???
SuperviseProcess.exe is always started if you use /restart-if-no-progress switch. If application does not respond for 1 minuted then it will be automatically killed.
Process Tree

Example using different application for testing purposes

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 4th December 2018 at 12:07.
Old 4th December 2018, 13:01   #16376  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
SuperviseProcess.exe is always started if you use /restart-if-no-progress switch. If application does not respond for 1 minuted then it will be automatically killed.
Process Tree

Example using different application for testing purposes
OK, I'm a little confused (which doesn't take much with this sort of stuff), but I thought the restart-if-no-progress was the "monitoring/control" of ffmpg, x264 & x265 if they stalled (which seems to work very well)...does this monitor Encoding Server, and if it "stall's", this kill's it, then what start's it again ?? or is that what this does ??

And this must be what you've incorporated in the Encoding Server you provided, yesterday.
Old 4th December 2018, 13:11   #16377  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

It does both now. Monitors ffmpeg.exe/x264/265 and also MAIN application. SuperviseProcess.exe monitors EncodingServer.exe and EncodingServer.exe monitors ffmpeg/x264/x265
Old 4th December 2018, 13:12   #16378  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

IŽd love to test the new version of encodingserver.exe, but sadly, my virusscanner thinks it is faulty, so I have to wait till I am at another system with no scanner or where I can turn it off
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2018, 13:14   #16379  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinerSchweinlin View Post
IŽd love to test the new version of encodingserver.exe, but sadly, my virusscanner thinks it is faulty, so I have to wait till I am at another system with no scanner or where I can turn it off
Problem?
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/92...8eb6/detection
Old 4th December 2018, 13:43   #16380  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Already did a check on virustotal, seems fine (two heuristic notices, not worth it..), but I canŽt switch virusscan of here (workstation..)

On another note concerning the OPENCL on XEON Issue: I found "GPU" in the avs script in the KNLEANSCL Line - changed it to "auto", works fine now. Not sure how this affects all other machines with real GPUs.
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360