Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 17th March 2010, 05:06   #7301  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data24 View Post
Sometimes BD Rebuilder removes the audio stream for the second video stream. What is the condition for BD Rebuilder to do so? Is it possible to force the audio streams to stay?
This is not because of BD-RB. Only DDPlus can be included at this time.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=153332
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 08:06   #7302  |  Link
Data24

ah.. ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
This is not because of BD-RB. Only DDPlus can be included at this time.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=153332
Data24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 08:54   #7303  |  Link
chompy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotty View Post
Hi

The problem is that "The Mummy" has well over the 32 subtitles streams. I can see all of them on my s/w player and know which one I need to force BUT only the standard 32 are shown in tsmuxer.

The subtitle stream I need is 36 or something like that (cant remember off the top of my head).

SO either they are some kind of txt only subs that tsmuxer cannot resolve OR the extra (above 32) subs are java generated.

Its the only movie ive come across with this problem.
In "The Mummy" the subtitles over 32 are in different m2ts from the movie... loading the bluray with BDInfo will tell you which these m2ts are (one for each additional subtitle), then you can use textST from deank and you will get the needed subtitles in SRT format.

(You can find more info in the post you started long ago regarding subtitles streams above #31: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146501)

Greetings
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 09:26   #7304  |  Link
sunshineh

Bd rebuilder doesn't go further

Hi,
my Bd rebuidler doesn't do anything further after a half hour. I don't get any Error Message. Here is a Screenshot. Does anybody know why?
Attached Images

sunshineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 10:24   #7305  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
I had the same problem with "The Mummy". The forced English subtitle I needed to make sense of the movie was NOT a standard subtitle stream. It was never resolved, may even be a Java prog giving that sub.

Tsmuxer could not see it
I don't know if you remember, but I created a small tool (textST) to extract such subtitle streams to text SRT format, so you can later use/import it.

Here is a link to your thread.

edit:... ops, just saw chompy's post
Old 17th March 2010, 11:49   #7306  |  Link
rotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chompy View Post
In "The Mummy" the subtitles over 32 are in different m2ts from the movie... loading the bluray with BDInfo will tell you which these m2ts are (one for each additional subtitle), then you can use textST from deank and you will get the needed subtitles in SRT format.

(You can find more info in the post you started long ago regarding subtitles streams above #31: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146501)

Greetings
Hi

I have had a look with bdinfo but going through all the mpls files and looking at the m2ts structures I cannot see where the relevent extra subtitles are.

Do you know which mpls/m2ts file(s) it is for "The Mummy", that info will give me an example of what to look for.

BTW how do I use txtST, if I try to run it, it just opens a DOS window for a second then closes.

Thanks

Last edited by rotty; 17th March 2010 at 11:51.
rotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 12:47   #7307  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

You will probably see textST subtitles as sub-path m2ts files for your main-movie playlist.

You can drag/drop the .m2ts file with the subtitles to textST.exe and it will create *****.srt file. It is a CLI application, that's why you see the dos window.

(sorry for the off-topic)
Old 17th March 2010, 12:52   #7308  |  Link
chompy

Quote:
Hi

I have had a look with bdinfo but going through all the mpls files and looking at the m2ts structures I cannot see where the relevent extra subtitles are.

Do you know which mpls/m2ts file(s) it is for "The Mummy", that info will give me an example of what to look for.

BTW how do I use txtST, if I try to run it, it just opens a DOS window for a second then closes.

Thanks
In my copy of "The Mummy" the additional subtitles are in the m2ts following the movie m2ts:
Quote:
The "problem" is that subtitles from #33 to #68 are in separate streams: the first 32 subtitles are in main movie stream (00000.mt2s), but subtitle #33 is in 00001.m2ts, subtitle #34 is in 00002.mt2s...
And in order to get the SRT subtitle from the m2ts you just have to drop it to textST.exe:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
textST (CLI) (630KB) self extractable 7z archive (contains calclib.dll and textST.exe), or if you're using multiAVCHD then you can download just the executable textST.exe (80kb) and put it in your multiAVCHD folder.

Drag-drop your .m2ts or .pes file to textST.exe - it will create a .srt file, or if using command prompt:

textST in_file [out_file]

* in_file must be in .m2ts or .pes format, containing only textST text subtitle stream (one per file)
* out_file if not set, output will be written to in_file.srt

It does quite basic parsing, ignoring styles, fonts, positions and other information, extracting only the text and timestamps.
Greetings (sorry jdobbs for the off-topic)

Edit: Ooops, now deank has overtaken me

Last edited by chompy; 17th March 2010 at 12:55.
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 18:28   #7309  |  Link
rotty

Thanks

Quote:
In my copy of "The Mummy" the additional subtitles are in the m2ts following the movie m2ts:

And in order to get the SRT subtitle from the m2ts you just have to drop it to textST.exe:

Greetings (sorry jdobbs for the off-topic)

Edit: Ooops, now deank has overtaken me

Hi Chompy

How did you determin that the extra subs were in the following m2ts files using BDINFO or was it some other way.

If it was with BDINFO could you be really helpfull and step me through it.

Thanks
Old 17th March 2010, 18:38   #7310  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

@rotty: Let's move this to the thread you started in HD authoring sub-forum, since it has nothing to do with BD-Rebuilder (moreover bugs).
Old 17th March 2010, 19:13   #7311  |  Link
rotty

Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
@rotty: Let's move this to the thread you started in HD authoring sub-forum, since it has nothing to do with BD-Rebuilder (moreover bugs).
Hi Dean

Yes of course, your right, sorry to have taken time in this thread and thanks to everyone trying to help me.
Old 18th March 2010, 03:28   #7312  |  Link
PhilippeB

The Infamous Vindows 7 VC-1

Sorry to bang in with this, but after re-installing Win7 (RTM 64) i always get theses messages in BD-RB after a fresh and correct installing procedure:
- FFDSHOW Revision: (3133)
- Win 7: VC-1 is not configured for FFDSHOW
- Win 7: MPEG-2 is not configured for FFDSHOW

BD-RB works with other codecs, just this one seems to be the issue And yes, they ARE set correctly in FFDShow so i don't understand why theses messages are outputed to debug screen.
I've read at least 30 threads suggestings as many unexplainable solutions - i'm sure there is a simple quick fix.

PhilippeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 20:57   #7313  |  Link
e143slime8

Have another movie that will not play on my Panasonic BD60, "Did You Hear About the Morgans" when compressed to 25G BD-r media. This particular one I can play on my computer however, when loaded into my BD60, movie won't even load.

Anyone else have this problem?
e143slime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 21:01   #7314  |  Link
e143slime8

Quote:
Originally Posted by e143slime8 View Post
Bourne Identity and Bourne Supremacy burning problem. Used Slysoft 6.6.2.6 along with BDRebuilder 0.32.08. Have backed up over 50 movies to BD-r 25G discs without a hitch (except for Wizard of Oz, would not compress and play). Have just found that neither of these "Bourne" backups will play on my Panasonic BD-60 beyond the "extras" sections. The extras will play fine but when I go to play the movie, the player hangs then reverts back to the Main menu. I am also not able to choose individual chapters to play. The same result occurs, hangs then back to Main menu. Same result on both of the Bourne discs mentioned above.

Any help solving this mystery (to me anyway) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.
Just a little update. Ended up bypassing BD Rebuilder and burned onto 50G media, Bourne Ultimatum and this worked.

Seems to be a problem in compressed Blu-ray. Not sure if it's my setting.

Any suggestions would still be appreciated.

Thanks again.
e143slime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 23:22   #7315  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilippeB View Post
Sorry to bang in with this, but after re-installing Win7 (RTM 64) i always get theses messages in BD-RB after a fresh and correct installing procedure:

BD-RB works with other codecs, just this one seems to be the issue And yes, they ARE set correctly in FFDShow so i don't understand why theses messages are outputed to debug screen.
I've read at least 30 threads suggestings as many unexplainable solutions - i'm sure there is a simple quick fix.

That means that even though you may have setup FFDSHOW to use the right codec -- FFDSHOW is NOT set as the default for VC-1 and MPEG-2. So the settings you made in FFDSHOW's configuration utility have no affect at all. Usually it means you have some other "CODEC Pack" that is overriding it. When you start BD-RB does it try to reconfigure it? It will do it every time you load BD-RB unless you told it to suppress the message. If you did decide to suppress it, then remove the "SUPPRESS_FF_WARNING" line from your INI and restart BD-RB. When it says it needs to configure your FFDSHOW - let it do it. You'll have to "Run as Administrator" for the changes to be made.

Last edited by jdobbs; 18th March 2010 at 23:33.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 00:46   #7316  |  Link
Nerz

I'm getting a encountered error during encode after I changed fddshow and other needed software to the versions stated at the beginning of this thread. Before that bd rebuilder didn't encounter any errors but would not encode correctly because even bd25 encode settings output very small finished product. Now bd rebuilder stats x264.exe encountered an error and needs to be closed. I'm running windows XP and even set VC-1 decoding to "disabled" in FFDSHOW as stated in the first post also.
Nerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 00:51   #7317  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerz View Post
I'm getting a encountered error during encode after I changed fddshow and other needed software to the versions stated at the beginning of this thread. Before that bd rebuilder didn't encounter any errors but would not encode correctly because even bd25 encode settings output very small finished product. Now bd rebuilder stats x264.exe encountered an error and needs to be closed. I'm running windows XP and even set VC-1 decoding to "disabled" in FFDSHOW as stated in the first post also.
You set it to "disabled" ONLY when you have WMP-11 installed -- that's what the first post says. Did you install WMP-11?

If you follow the instructions, and use the versions in the first post it will work. If it doesn't... go back and see what you missed.

Last edited by jdobbs; 19th March 2010 at 00:57.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 01:12   #7318  |  Link
Brian5970

Having a similar problem as PhillipeB, but with only one title - "The Fourth Kind"

-----------------------
[18:38:25] BD Rebuilder v0.32.08 (beta)
- Source: FOURTH_KIND
- Input BD size: 27.41 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:03:34.073]
- Target BD size: 22.66 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[18:38:28] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [18:38:28] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00062]
- [18:38:34] Reencoding: VID_00062 (1 of 4)
- [18:38:34] Collecting video information
- Source Video: VC-1, 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 1,632 frames
- [18:38:34] Reencoding: VID_00062, Pass 1 of 1
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
[18:38:45] - Failed video encode, aborted

All other titles work fine with current settings..it's just this one movie..any ideas?
Brian5970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 01:56   #7319  |  Link
steveg32

RipBot264 wants FFDshow rev3300 or newer

@jdobbs

I have only 1 HD-DVD (Transformers 2-Disc SE). I would like to back it up to Blu-ray using RipBot264. However, when I open RipBot264 it wants FFDshow rev3300 or newer. Of course I only use FFDshow 3133. Is it safe to upgrade FFDshow to rev3300 or newer? What do you recommend I do?
Attached Images

steveg32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 02:06   #7320  |  Link
PhilippeB

The 4th Kind

Yes, This is exactly the title i have the problem with: 4th kind.

No, i have no other codec or extra packs of any kind - Only using BD-RB. This is a fresh re-install due to a previous 'Nothing working'. Remooved every thing and reinstalled everything. Now it works, except with VC-1.

Yes, i run BD-RB as administrator each time.

Yes, Each time it says 'It appears your windows 7 System may not be configured for use with FFDSHOW...' and i click 'Yes'. Each time it says it has successfully been configured.
But then again, if i exit and re-enter, it will fail again and re-ask to configure...
->> (I believe the problem resides here)

If i try to launch the process, each time it finishes unmuxing and gets to the encoding part, it times out on the encoder:

-----------------------
[21:00:50] BD Rebuilder v0.32.08 (beta)
- Source: 4TH_KIND
- Input BD size: 25,35 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:38:00.499]
- Target BD size: 23,93 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[21:00:50] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [21:00:50] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00010]
- [21:06:10] Reencoding: VID_00010 (1 of 1)
- [21:06:10] Collecting video information
- Source Video: VC-1, 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23,976fps, 140*991 frames
- Bitrate: 27*612 Kbs
- [21:06:10] Reencoding: VID_00010, Pass 1 of 2
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
[21:06:12] - Failed video encode, aborted