Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 31st March 2009, 17:33   #4601  |  Link
Blackwalker

Quote:
i7 is about 30 % faster at the same clock
Hummm...i need to upgrade my system!!!
Blackwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 23:14   #4602  |  Link
Mary H

Quote:
Originally Posted by unimatrix0 View Post
Hey guys, sorry if it's been asked before, tried googling but didn't find any help: Automatic Crop doesn't seem to work when resizing. I want to encode a blu-ray source to 720p, and use automatic crop to remove black bars, but the output ends up either stretched, or with black bars. Please help
The order in which you do things is important. THis is what works for me, every time:

1. Choose Automatic cropping. Let it do its thing.

2. Below that, Choose HD Ready, 1280x720.

3. Then, and only then, choose Custom. It should come up with 1280 by whatever is appropriate for the movie with black bars removed and the correct aspect ratio. (from step 1) For instance, 1280 x 540. (the height varies from one movie to another.)

4. Click on Preview to see if your movie's aspect ratio looks right. You'll still see black bars in the preview, but they won't be included in your finished movie.

5. Encode.
Mary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2009, 23:24   #4603  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
1. Choose Automatic cropping. Let it do its thing.
Autocrop may not work well for dark movies

Quote:
2. Below that, Choose HD Ready, 1280x720.
Choose that if you want blu-ray compatible video or select Custom with fixed aspect ratio ( for example Custom [2.35:1])
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 09:31   #4604  |  Link
Knocks

Repeated out of sync audio on several files after converting to x264 with ripbot264.
Knocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 14:45   #4605  |  Link
juGGaKNot

Feature request :

When you finish selecting the audio/video an "add" button near the done one would be nice.

Why ? well if i want to render "normal" then 4-5 resized versions i have to add the video and audio 5 times, this way i can add a lot of jobs with the same video/audio.

What do you think ? can it be done ? would you consider adding it ?
juGGaKNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 19:48   #4606  |  Link
redlenses

I have a PS3 and used the Blu-Ray output and put it into an AVCHD folder but it wouldn't work unless I manually went through and renamed all the files using 8.3 format.

Is there any option in RipBot to output the files using 8.3 format?
If not, would it be possible to add a checkbox or radio button for this?
i.e. you have the radio buttons for Save As: .MP4, .MKV, BLU-RAY DISC. If BLU-RAY DISC is selected, a checkbox for "AVCHD" or 8.3 filenames is enabled
OR could a 4th Radio Button "AVCHD" be added which means do the same thing as BLU-RAY DISC, but add the AVCHD folder and use 8.3 filenames?
redlenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 19:53   #4607  |  Link
redlenses

Question: I used RipBot264 to encode a standard def (TV Show) DVD video to Blu-Ray DISC (MT2S)
If I played the MT2S file on my PS3 it played in High Def (1080i) with pillar boxes (just like the DVD would upscaled)
If I played the Blu-Ray DISC Image using AVCHD, my PS3 played the video in Standard Def (480i/p) Full Screen.

Why would it play the same file (MT2S) differently? Is there a way to specify in the BLU-RAY DISC image that I want it to play upscaled?

Is there a decombing filter (similar to Handbrake) in RipBot?

Last edited by redlenses; 2nd April 2009 at 23:53.
redlenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 00:03   #4608  |  Link
unimatrix0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
OHHHH MYYY GOOOD!!!!!! WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU SET CROP SETTINGS MANUALLY AND THEN 720p?!??!?!?!?!?
Thanks for the candid response

There are couple of issues here... First is, if I choose automatic crop + 720p and hit on preview, it shows black bars. I'm not sure if it means that preview isn't working right, or auto crop didn't crop right. If I switch to manual hit preview, and then switch back to automatic and hit preview, now it shows fine.

The other issue is, if I set manual first and then 720, and then try to adjust the top, bottom crop numbers, the size setting resets to "do not resize".

Even if I adjust manually all numbers, and at then choose 720, adjusting manually is bit painful because media player classic always shows black bars, so one has to resize the window's height to see if the black bars disappear or not.

Like Mary H mentioned, the order matters, so I also had the issue of selecting 720 first and then automatic crop, and that also resets the size.

Also another thing is that it'd be really nice if cropping were set always to "automatic" by default. I did a couple of encodes a few weeks ago and later realized that they weren't cropped and it was pretty painful

The reason I'm outlining these is because I'm coming from Handbrake for Mac, where none of the issues above are present. Order doesn't matter, adjusting crop values doesn't reset the size, and automatic crop works fine pretty much all the time. Auto crop is on by default. Manual cropping in handbrake is easier because it's real-time, the preview window shows changes immediately as you increase/decrease pixels.

I was liking ripbot264 a lot but these issues are forcing me back to handbrake . It would be realllyyyy nice if these issues could be addressed, it'd make the experience much more transparent, especially for those of us that don't know all the quirks and stuff.
unimatrix0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 00:39   #4609  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
There are couple of issues here... First is, if I choose automatic crop + 720p and hit on preview, it shows black bars. I'm not sure if it means that preview isn't working right, or auto crop didn't crop right. If I switch to manual hit preview, and then switch back to automatic and hit preview, now it shows fine.
Do you understand this????

Quote:
Also another thing is that it'd be really nice if cropping were set always to "automatic" by default. I did a couple of encodes a few weeks ago and later realized that they weren't cropped and it was pretty painful
Forget it! (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...49#post1268249 - Underworld for example!)

Quote:
I was liking ripbot264 a lot but these issues are forcing me back to handbrake .
No problem. Use handbrake .

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 3rd April 2009 at 00:43.
Old 3rd April 2009, 07:20   #4610  |  Link
juGGaKNot

Quote:
Originally Posted by juGGaKNot View Post
Feature request :

When you finish selecting the audio/video an "add" button near the done one would be nice.

Why ? well if i want to render "normal" then 4-5 resized versions i have to add the video and audio 5 times, this way i can add a lot of jobs with the same video/audio.

Don't forget this ...
juGGaKNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 07:46   #4611  |  Link
alc0re

@atak...

small feature request. when selecting subtitles...it seems like I can only select .srt files and not .sup files directly, but your program converts the .srt files to a sup file. Can you add the feature of selecting a .sup file directly? I'd like to be able to select my resized .sup files (using the great program BDSup2Sub to resize from 1080 to 720 without having to ocr.) That way I can figure out what bitrate to use. If I use an ocr'd .srt to base my bitrate off...and then not use the srt file when muxing, I seem to have a lot of free space now. That's the reasoning I would like to be able to select the .sup file. Thanks.
alc0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:55   #4612  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by alc0re View Post
I would like to be able to select the .sup file.
Hmmm, I have never had any trouble selecting a .sup file. Indeed I just did one where I selected both a sup and an srt.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:00   #4613  |  Link
alc0re

DOH!!!

You're right. I checked before I posted but here's what happened.

I knew version 1.12 didn't do it...so I downloaded newest (1.13.something) and checked. Problem was I didn't have any bluray content on my laptop's hard drive and I was just about to go to sleep, so I didn't want to turn on my desktop. I had a family guy episode on my laptop so I selected that, and selected bluray as output. I tried to select subtitles but ripbot gave me an error that the video was not in the correct resolution for bluray. So I had to change the output to mkv. Then I was able to select subtitles but apparently when its in mkv output you cannot select .sup files. Anyways...ignore my previous feature request..thanks atak for your great program.
alc0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 21:25   #4614  |  Link
gg72

Since today I haven't Audio options... I will convert mov files to BD Disc. Can anybody help me?
gg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 23:03   #4615  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

rename one of your folders to Kesz
Old 4th April 2009, 00:40   #4616  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Quote:
Originally Posted by juGGaKNot View Post
Feature request :

This would save a load of time.

I second the request.
Old 4th April 2009, 05:34   #4617  |  Link
illestdomer2005

Atak,

I just recently tried to convert to .bluray, and it worked -- I guess -- but when I mounted it with PowerISO and played it back with WinDVD9, the video was stretched back to 16:9. When I tried to play it on my PS3, I got audio but no video. When I play just the .m2ts file with Windows Media Player, everything is perfect with the correct 2.40 aspect ratio. Any thoughts?

My first guess is that I should not have cropped the video. I am wondering if that screwed something up? Other than that, everything else is default: Profile is the [High 4.0] HD . Bluray . Consoles profile; audio is 2 channel AC3 192kbps; and target size is 4480MB. Please help!

Edit: I am pretty sure that was the problem. I will post my results after re-encoding WITHOUT cropping *sigh*

Last edited by illestdomer2005; 4th April 2009 at 06:10. Reason: stupidity
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 07:12   #4618  |  Link
gg72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
rename one of your folders to Kesz
Thank You!
gg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 13:45   #4619  |  Link
Blackwalker

hi Atak!
thx for your cool program, it work great!

I'd like to ask you just one thing:

- is possible, when you start the encoding, to add a "Pause/Resume" Button?

it'd be really cool, so if someone have to do something then need more power can "pause" the
work and then "resum" it!

do you think its possible?
thx again!
Blackwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2009, 21:14   #4620  |  Link
illestdomer2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwalker View Post
hi Atak!
thx for your cool program, it work great!

I'd like to ask you just one thing:

- is possible, when you start the encoding, to add a "Pause/Resume" Button?

it'd be really cool, so if someone have to do something then need more power can "pause" the
work and then "resum" it!

do you think its possible?
thx again!
I second that request!
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360