Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 1st September 2015, 18:14   #13821  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Script looks ok so update your AviSynth to 2.60 or Avisynth+. Your choice.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2015, 18:50   #13822  |  Link
Tazlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Script looks ok so update your AviSynth to 2.60 or Avisynth+. Your choice.
OK, that looks like it might have been it. I upgraded to Avisynth+ (looks like it has more active dev than the old one) and it successfully completed the audio encoding process. I'm still waiting for the 2nd video pass and mux but since those don't seem to depend on avs2pipemod I'm pretty sure it will be fine.

Thanks for your help!

EDIT:
Considering this case, do you think it would be worth mentioning to users that it might be best to use newer version of Avisynth?
Tazlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2015, 20:07   #13823  |  Link
Tazlord

OK, it all looks good. Audio encoded fine. Downmix to 2 channels seems to be good too.

Thanks again for your help Atak!
Old 1st September 2015, 20:13   #13824  |  Link
rc71

Hey Atak.

I'm sure you know, but Cisco is making it's own x265 version royalty Free currently called Thor. Thought you might be interested.

http://blogs.cisco.com/collaboration...ee-video-codec

Codec
https://github.com/cisco/thor
rc71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2015, 02:15   #13825  |  Link
zeem

Trojan?

Downloaded the 1.19.0 from here. Antivirus pops up saying it contains a Trojan.Gen.SMH in \tools\modifychapters\modifychapters.exe. Anyone else get this?
zeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2015, 10:33   #13826  |  Link
ginofamussi

Quote:
This file is corrupted at the very beginning. Unfortunately these kind of errors are very common while recording from air.

If you remove those four first seconds it will work fine in ripbot.

I used latest version of http://www.videohelp.com/software/TS-Packet-Editor
for this task.
ginofamussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2015, 00:40   #13827  |  Link
Tazlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
So you use forced subs and selectable, but you want to see by default the forced?
There are actually 2 different flags that can be set on a subtitle track in this regard: Forced and Default.

It's pretty self-explanatory what "forced" is used for and for the most part, good video players honor that flag. The "default" flag is a little different. According to the MKV documentation, it is intended to identify which track the player should use if it cannot find a track that matches the user's current language setting. MKVMERGE will automatically set the "default" track on the first subtitle track that does not explicitly specify "default-track #:no", which usually ends up being the first subtitle track.

This means that if I have 2 sub tracks, one Spanish and one French, my video player (MPC-HC) will not find one that matches my current language, English. If the "default" flag were set on the Spanish sub track and my player has subtitles enabled, it would be safe to assume that the player will use the Spanish track. Of course, how this is handled is entirely up to the player's developer and I'm pretty certain not all players honor those flags.

But what if I want to watch the movie that contains forced subtitles?
The way that this is handled in an MKV is that an additional subtitle track needs to be added containing only forced subtitles. In the case of MPC-HC, subtitles MUST be enabled in order for it to honor the "forced" flag of the additional sub track. The problem comes when the MKV contains any other sub track with the "default" flag set. MPC will always choose the default track over any other, which means the default track will always be displayed if subtitles are enabled. As you can see, that presents a problem if I'm only interested in viewing the forced subtitles.

In my opinion, software players should act like hardware players and only show subtitles that you explicitly enable and ALWAYS show forced subtitles, in your preferred language, if no other subtitles have been selected. The only way I've been able to make that happen is by modifying the "default" flags manually after RipBot is done so that I can leave MPC's subtitle feature enabled but have it not automatically select any subtitle tracks while always honoring the "forced" flag.

It's really not that big of a deal for me to continue to do this manually but to have the option of making that happen during the MUX process of RipBot would be even better.
Old 3rd September 2015, 08:30   #13828  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Are you not using LAV Splitter? It can be set to only load forced subtitles. You don't have to turn off MPC-HC's subtitle renderer, then.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2015, 14:38   #13829  |  Link
slalom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazlord View Post
There are actually 2 different flags that can be set on a subtitle track in this regard: Forced and Default.

It's pretty self-explanatory what "forced" is used for and for the most part, good video players honor that flag. The "default" flag is a little different. According to the MKV documentation, it is intended to identify which track the player should use if it cannot find a track that matches the user's current language setting. MKVMERGE will automatically set the "default" track on the first subtitle track that does not explicitly specify "default-track #:no", which usually ends up being the first subtitle track.

This means that if I have 2 sub tracks, one Spanish and one French, my video player (MPC-HC) will not find one that matches my current language, English. If the "default" flag were set on the Spanish sub track and my player has subtitles enabled, it would be safe to assume that the player will use the Spanish track. Of course, how this is handled is entirely up to the player's developer and I'm pretty certain not all players honor those flags.

But what if I want to watch the movie that contains forced subtitles?
The way that this is handled in an MKV is that an additional subtitle track needs to be added containing only forced subtitles. In the case of MPC-HC, subtitles MUST be enabled in order for it to honor the "forced" flag of the additional sub track. The problem comes when the MKV contains any other sub track with the "default" flag set. MPC will always choose the default track over any other, which means the default track will always be displayed if subtitles are enabled. As you can see, that presents a problem if I'm only interested in viewing the forced subtitles.

In my opinion, software players should act like hardware players and only show subtitles that you explicitly enable and ALWAYS show forced subtitles, in your preferred language, if no other subtitles have been selected. The only way I've been able to make that happen is by modifying the "default" flags manually after RipBot is done so that I can leave MPC's subtitle feature enabled but have it not automatically select any subtitle tracks while always honoring the "forced" flag.

It's really not that big of a deal for me to continue to do this manually but to have the option of making that happen during the MUX process of RipBot would be even better.
I use only selectable subs, so the first in order is always the default. If there is also an srt file, then that one is the default

That is how I use subs
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 08:51   #13830  |  Link
ShogoXT

Hi again everyone.
I started using Ripbot again for my blu rays and i seem to be running into a stutter issue. I tried using multiple programs and ways to read the source disk like MakeMKV. It seems to result in occasional jitters in the video. Audio seems unaffected. The source is already progressive so im unsure what the issue is.

I tried to find dgsplit, but it seems all download sources for it are no longer available. So im sorry that I dont have the source cut down for you. Does anyone have a alternative?

One of the results.
Hopefully its small enough.

Thanks again for the great program.
ShogoXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2015, 15:12   #13831  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Have you tried DVDFabDecrypter? Personally I would avoid using MakeMKV for DVDs. Generally you should work directly with decrypted .vobs.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 4th September 2015 at 15:15.
Old 4th September 2015, 20:50   #13832  |  Link
ShogoXT

Quote:
Have you tried DVDFabDecrypter? Personally I would avoid using MakeMKV for DVDs. Generally you should work directly with decrypted .vobs.
Actually I thought that at first, because I had issues with MakeMKV on the other DVD set, but I tested multiple softwares and the same result occurs. This is with Blu rays.

MakeMKV with core audio.
DVDFab with passthrough mode to MKV, MP4, M2TS.
AnyDVD straight read from the disk to Ripbot264.

I didnt post this until after I was done with all those. I wanted to avoid AnyDVD because Ripbot takes a bit to separate the streams, which makes it hard to do batch stuff. The goal was to find one that just had the core audio, reducing that whole process. With these Blu rays, the run time takes longer on my aging computers.

Tried first on desktop, then did a fresh install on laptop Windows 10, same result. Now I do know that months ago I ran one that seemed fine, so it MIGHT be one of the newer ripbot versions (probably not though, I fiddle with a lot of the settings). Cant remember what the settings were.

This one im running 64 bit, with MT on. I usually try to mess with the script for denoiser testing.

Thanks again, and does anyone have a DGsplit mirror?
Old 5th September 2015, 07:42   #13833  |  Link
stasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShogoXT View Post

Thanks again, and does anyone have a DGsplit mirror?
For splitting you can use MKVToolnix. Just open your file with mmg.exe, go to GLOBAL and set splitting mode.
stasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2015, 07:57   #13834  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Quote:
does anyone have a DGsplit mirror?
DGsplit can be found on the new URL:
http://rationalqm.us/mine.html#tools
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4GHz (6c/12th, I'm on AVX2 now!)
Sparktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 04:28   #13835  |  Link
ShogoXT

Here is one of the sources.

Ive been trying to run it in different ways, but they all seem to turn out with the same stutter. Il keep trying, but I just want to make sure im not missing anything obvious.

Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 12:52   #13836  |  Link
BlockABoots

Would there be any reason my 'Demuxing audio stream' process takes a longer time that it used to on the previous version of RipBot??. I show note that i have also upgraded to Windows 10 and so have installed all my programs again and noticed there was a new version of Ripbot out so downloaded the newer version. So it could be a combination of the 2??...anyone else noticed longer time on demuxing at all?
BlockABoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 15:49   #13837  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Here is one of the sources.

Ive been trying to run it in different ways, but they all seem to turn out with the same stutter. Il keep trying, but I just want to make sure im not missing anything obvious.

Thanks
I've encoded this sample file without any problems. Maybe you have some different version of FFDshow installed?
Try this version -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/
Old 6th September 2015, 20:48   #13838  |  Link
ShogoXT

Quote:
I've encoded this sample file without any problems. Maybe you have some different version of FFDshow installed?
Try this version -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/
Currently using 4533, il try 4532.
Old 6th September 2015, 20:56   #13839  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Currently using 4533, il try 4532.
I'm using now 4527.
Old 6th September 2015, 22:19   #13840  |  Link
ShogoXT

Quote:
I'm using now 4527.
No luck with 4532, il try 4527 next as you said.

EDIT: No luck with 4527 either. Maybe I messed up on the ffdshow settings somewhere. Usually on install il turn off the mixer and some decoders so it doesnt interfere with MPC-HC, but I could just block it from within.
I also use 64 bit mode and MT settings in the client. Il keep messing with it.

Last edited by ShogoXT; 6th September 2015 at 23:48.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360