Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 6th October 2020, 14:56   #18701  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Apropos version numbers...

@Moderators: It may be suitable to remove any version number from the title of this thread, as this application keeps being developed.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2020, 18:00   #18702  |  Link
HehoChef

I have stumbled upon an hevc stream ripbot seems to have massive problems with, two notable problems:
- It seems to have problems decoding it in the first way: Auto cropping does not work with the message :" 'INF' is not a valid floating point value ", setting cropp left and right to 1000 and it can not generate a preview, no matter how often I press new frame.
I've seen that before, and worked around it by analyzing it in a different software and then just punching in the numbers manually.
-Additionally, and this is first for me: When trying to encode, not matter the settings, distributed or single machine encoding and the target codec, at exactly the time it fails. The fps goes up, the bitrate goes way way down, and the cpu consumptino goes down to, on all machines that are participating. When done in in DE mode, the later chunks are just very small and are only black, and if mixed together the video just stalls at the last good frame. The Original Video play back fine on all sorts of players and machines.

Can someone give me any tipps?
HehoChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2020, 18:43   #18703  |  Link
archiel

I am having a problem with Output Speed option (under Avisynth) which is giving intermittent problems. Originally noticed this in August, went away and has now re-appeared

It appears to be a problem for some encodes and not others - where it does occur then

If I use any setting other than default
The FPS on the main screen does not change
The Duration on the main screen does not change
Once encoding is started a 'info.txt does not exist' error is generated

After which the script goes directly to the final re-encode and shows 'Error: The file 'H:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\video.265' could not be opened for reading: open file error.'

Re-setting Output Speed to default allows the program to run.

I use this option where I have used MkvCutter to edit and re-encode the start of a video. As it re-encodes at 24 fps regardless of the speed of original, I need to use the Output Speed to prevent the audio and video being out of sync.

I have tested on the same videos, with or without using MkvCutter, in each case RipBot264 runs normally if Output Speed is default and fails for any other setting.

Any suggestions on what I can do to track down why this setting (Output speed) is not taking properly.

Thanks

Archiel

Last edited by archiel; 11th October 2020 at 18:58.
archiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2020, 01:08   #18704  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiel View Post
I am having a problem with Output Speed option (under Avisynth) which is giving intermittent problems. Originally noticed this in August, went away and has now re-appeared

It appears to be a problem for some encodes and not others - where it does occur then

If I use any setting other than default
The FPS on the main screen does not change
The Duration on the main screen does not change
Once encoding is started a 'info.txt does not exist' error is generated

After which the script goes directly to the final re-encode and shows 'Error: The file 'H:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job2\video.265' could not be opened for reading: open file error.'

Re-setting Output Speed to default allows the program to run.

I use this option where I have used MkvCutter to edit and re-encode the start of a video. As it re-encodes at 24 fps regardless of the speed of original, I need to use the Output Speed to prevent the audio and video being out of sync.

I have tested on the same videos, with or without using MkvCutter, in each case RipBot264 runs normally if Output Speed is default and fails for any other setting.

Any suggestions on what I can do to track down why this setting (Output speed) is not taking properly.

Thanks

Archiel
Maybe you should try VideoReDo, it's keeps the original fps !
Old 12th October 2020, 11:21   #18705  |  Link
archiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
Maybe you should try VideoReDo, it's keeps the original fps !
Not going to help - as far as I remember from past use it can only cut on key frames. I use MkvCutter to to strip unwanted intros from video files. It allows exact frame cutting, but to do that it re-encodes from the cut up to the next key frame. The downside is that the re-encoded initial sub-section is at 24fps and is then joined onto the next frame, regardless of the rest of the video. Given the tiny size of the re-encoded section, it has no material affect on playback. Mediainfo identifies both the frame rate (modified by the cut) and the original frame rate and Ripot64 uses the former for encoding the whole video, hence the need to force the rate back to that of the source.

As such I would prefer to understand how to see why change output speed is not working as expected.
Old 13th October 2020, 00:57   #18706  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Not going to help - as far as I remember from past use it can only cut on key frames. I use MkvCutter to to strip unwanted intros from video files. It allows exact frame cutting, but to do that it re-encodes from the cut up to the next key frame. The downside is that the re-encoded initial sub-section is at 24fps and is then joined onto the next frame, regardless of the rest of the video. Given the tiny size of the re-encoded section, it has no material affect on playback. Mediainfo identifies both the frame rate (modified by the cut) and the original frame rate and Ripot64 uses the former for encoding the whole video, hence the need to force the rate back to that of the source.

As such I would prefer to understand how to see why change output speed is not working as expected.
OK, fair enough..but I have to question about your comment on the key frame cutting...I'm pretty sure that use it at frame by frame cutting, but what would I know, I've only been using it for years.

Anyway, I think you've sussed out why Ripbot encodes the whole clip at the wrong fps...but of course there is ONLY one person who can do anything to rectify that.

So good luck, you should still keep looking for other ways to edit...that doesn't change the fps !!
Old 15th October 2020, 12:41   #18707  |  Link
Ryushin

Looks like MakeMKV has added support for Dolby Vision. Not sure if the other tools have been updated yet that Atak can add this support in RipBot.

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewto...p?f=12&t=23306
https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/commen..._android_beta/
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2020, 23:45   #18708  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
Looks like MakeMKV has added support for Dolby Vision. Not sure if the other tools have been updated yet that Atak can add this support in RipBot.

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewto...p?f=12&t=23306
https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/commen..._android_beta/
Had a read on this, and it only seems to work on ripping UHD disks using MakeMKV, you can't "convert" older, re-ripped files to contain DV.

No use to me
Old 16th October 2020, 13:40   #18709  |  Link
archiel

Quote:
It turns out that the problem with changing Output Speed has nothing to do with making any prior edits to the file - it was simply that I only noticed it when I needed to 'correct' the output speed.

After checking I noticed that the same problem exists if I used the unedited file as the input. In each case the file info.txt is lost from the job folder after selecting a non-default output speed - resetting to default recreates the file.

After looking at bunch of other files, the issue only seems to arise if any of the audio is encoded with FLAC, it does not happen with AAC or DTS audio.

For now the workaround is simple, do not include any FLAC audio in the file I am working on, then add it back from the job folder or the source file after RipBot64 has finished encoding the video.

On a separate note, is there a way to retain track names or to add them back with a post-processing script. For example, a file may have a secondary audio "Commentary by .."
Old 16th October 2020, 22:08   #18710  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
It turns out that the problem with changing Output Speed has nothing to do with making any prior edits to the file - it was simply that I only noticed it when I needed to 'correct' the output speed.

After checking I noticed that the same problem exists if I used the unedited file as the input. In each case the file info.txt is lost from the job folder after selecting a non-default output speed - resetting to default recreates the file.

After looking at bunch of other files, the issue only seems to arise if any of the audio is encoded with FLAC, it does not happen with AAC or DTS audio.

For now the workaround is simple, do not include any FLAC audio in the file I am working on, then add it back from the job folder or the source file after RipBot64 has finished encoding the video.

On a separate note, is there a way to retain track names or to add them back with a post-processing script. For example, a file may have a secondary audio "Commentary by .."
Could you upload some samples for me for testing purposes? (With FLAC audio and commentary) 100 MiB max.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2020, 11:21   #18711  |  Link
archiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Could you upload some samples for me for testing purposes? (With FLAC audio and commentary) 100 MiB max.
I will need to edit some files segments, as I am starting with with much larger files (5-12GB). Where should I upload to as the max attachment size (zip) is 300kb?
Old 17th October 2020, 13:00   #18712  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
I will need to edit some files segments, as I am starting with with much larger files (5-12GB). Where should I upload to as the max attachment size (zip) is 300kb?
This is probably as good as any...

https://www.mediafire.com/
Old 17th October 2020, 16:33   #18713  |  Link
legend

RipBot needs admin access to run. Some Encoding RDP dosen't give any admin permission.
So how do I run without admin access.
legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2020, 17:59   #18714  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend View Post
RipBot needs admin access to run. Some Encoding RDP dosen't give any admin permission.
So how do I run without admin access.
you can't.
Old 19th October 2020, 14:31   #18715  |  Link
archiel

Quote:
I have attached 2 clips with both FLAC audio plus named audio and named subtitles

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/yobt...1ycae2e/shared

In both cases changing the Output Speed fails if a flac audio track is included and any track names (audio and subtitles) are lost during the editing/conversion process.

n.b. first time using mediafire, so my apologies if I have not done this correctly.
Old 19th October 2020, 16:27   #18716  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
I have attached 2 clips with both FLAC audio plus named audio and named subtitles

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/yobt...1ycae2e/shared

In both cases changing the Output Speed fails if a flac audio track is included and any track names (audio and subtitles) are lost during the editing/conversion process.

n.b. first time using mediafire, so my apologies if I have not done this correctly.
FLAC output speed bug I had already fixed yesterday in my personal version.
Track names I will try to add this weekend. Currently I'm too tired mentally after my real day job...

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 19th October 2020 at 16:29.
Old 19th October 2020, 19:56   #18717  |  Link
archiel

Quote:
FLAC output speed bug I had already fixed yesterday in my personal version.
Track names I will try to add this weekend. Currently I'm too tired mentally after my real day job...
I will be happy whenever you have the time. I can work around both issues until then.
Old 22nd October 2020, 21:14   #18718  |  Link
dv8r
cdial

Hi Atak,
Been a long time fan of RipBot. I use an automated script on linux with Nvenc for a lot of stuff but nothing better for x265 than RipBot with distributed encoding. I just setup some servers and I'm trying to get watchfolders setup. I've been looking through the thread and not sure how the txt file is supposed to be formatted. Also will you be adding any Nvenc Support? The newer cards are supporting 10 bit and B frames so hopefully quality will just get better like the old days of xvid to x264. Just curious because I would love to be able to use RipBot for everything. Thanks
dv8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2020, 15:07   #18719  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
I've been looking through the thread and not sure how the txt file is supposed to be formatted.
Example
Code:
C:\MyWatchFolder1
D:\MyWatchFolder2
Old 25th October 2020, 12:22   #18720  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Update hiccup

Atak, something's wrong

2020-10-25 22:15:47 : Update for [mkvtoolnix] detected
2020-10-25 22:15:47 : Downloading file http://atak-snajpera.5v.pl/ripbot264...mkvtoolnix.zip to D:\RipBot264v1.26.0\updates\mkvtoolnix.zip
2020-10-25 22:15:50 : [ERROR] File http://atak-snajpera.5v.pl/ripbot264...mkvtoolnix.zip could not be downloaded!

However, if you click on the link, it will download successfully, and when placed in the Update folder, it DOES install without error.

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 25th October 2020 at 12:29. Reason: more info
Pauly Dunne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360