Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 27th July 2015, 22:42   #1  |  Link
yaomtc

DVD Decrypter, vobcopy both fail on some 2010 Disney DVDs

DVD Decrypter 3.5.4 gets stuck on "Parsing IFO files... (VTS_02_0.IFO)", and after a while an error message pops up: "ParseVTSM Runtime Exception! VTS_02_0.IFO" Then another: "Abnormal Program Termination", and then blank error windows keep popping up once per second or so until I close the Program Termination one.

On Linux, vobcopy (which uses libdvdcss) just gets stuck at 0.1% and doesn't give me information, I just have to kill the process.

Any ideas? The DVDs I'm attempting to copy are My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service.

Last edited by yaomtc; 27th July 2015 at 23:01.
yaomtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 06:01   #2  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

You need AnyDVD or DVDFab. DVDDecryptor won't work with many DVDs less than 10 years old, that's how long it's been defunct.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2015, 18:19   #3  |  Link
qyot27
...?

The ISO block decrypter method is probably what's needed on Linux, but you'll have to compile it yourself (read the whole thread to find the latest version - there's like seven different revisions in there to sort through).
qyot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2015, 18:03   #4  |  Link
yaomtc

Well, someone should probably update the Ripping Q&A sticky, then... Man. After all this time, I'm amazed companies are still able to find ways to make playable DVDs so difficult to rip.

I'll try DVDFab, thanks.

EDIT: That seems to have a watermark, so I tried AnyDVD with Handbrake, which didn't work, and then MakeMKV, which crashed. So now I'm trying the CloneDVD demo...

EDIT2: Well, that didn't work either, giving up for now.

Last edited by yaomtc; 29th July 2015 at 19:01.
Old 30th July 2015, 08:44   #5  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

The DVDFab decrypter is free, it's only if you use their encoding that you get the watermark (or have to pay). Make sure it's on the Copy tab and set it to DVD9, it'll always rip for free the same way DVD Decrypter did. (Either to a folder or to an ISO, your choice.)
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 12:40   #6  |  Link
Ghitulescu

It is possible to rip any DVD including newest schemes with free tools.

The last time I tried a Disney one (Brave) I could not start many of my free tools because my brother's computer was running w8.1 and I still use XP. So I had to rip it with a 2003-old software called SmartRipper.
For someone relying on automated tools like DVD decrypter is not a recommended method as it involves a lot of hand work and knowledge of the DVD internals.

Like foxyshades already said, your options are
- an updated DVD Fab version of any of their tools.
- an updated AnyDVD version
- maybe RI4M (it may fail on newer discs)

Why "an updated" version? Because the DVD has to be in their database so the proper strategy could be used.
Old 30th July 2015, 21:28   #7  |  Link
yaomtc

There we go, DVDFab worked. I just saw something about "watermark removal" and backed out, I should've just tried it first. Thank you!

Tags
decrypter, decrypting, disney, dvd, vobcopy