Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 13th April 2018, 07:07   #27241  |  Link
lithiumus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquallMX View Post
Beware, bitrates for BD66 / BD100 (retail discs) are higher than the ones used for BD50, so, you can get stuttering when burning the untouched video to a BD-R DL.
Hmmm... thanks for the warning! Maybe I'll just leave them on my NAS and just reduce the size leaving the video untouched and see if everything works ok...
lithiumus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2018, 11:13   #27242  |  Link
drmih

You'll find that the two new Alien films (Prometheus and Covenant) will fit on a bd-50 already if you just want to experiment. Interestingly I've found that my high end Panasonic 900 can struggle (stutter) with high bitrates on bd-50 media, whereas they are fine on an Xbox.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2018, 22:19   #27243  |  Link
RobertM

Hi folks,

I've been using BD-RB for ages, but this is the first time I tried to use it to author a quick-play menu, and it ALMOST worked. It re-encoded all the 5 MKV files, and created a menu with the right background image, but there is no text on the menu at all. There is a large grey square in the center of the screen, where I suppose all the episode links should be; not sure since I've not created one before. If I wait 30sec the episodes start to autoplay and I can ff through them to get to the next episode.

After importing the MKV files I was able to edit the quick play menus (disc name, episode names etc) before running the backup, and I see a 'titles.inf' file was created with the appropriate information, but none of those names show up in the final product. Has someone created a how-to for this? Not sure what I've done wrong or which setting I missed.

Hang on.... checking this.... could be that I'm using a s/w BD player. Lemme burn this to a BD-RE and see what it looks like...

Yep, works fine in a standalone BD player. Never mind...

Last edited by RobertM; 17th April 2018 at 01:01.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2018, 17:25   #27244  |  Link
e143slime8

Jigsaw US version

Hello. Finally getting around to watching Jigsaw and am seeing, at around 32 minutes in, inconsistencies with playback, video/audio not in sync and jumping around.

I'll create a log if needed, let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited by e143slime8; 18th April 2018 at 05:56. Reason: Certain info not needed.
e143slime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2018, 02:35   #27245  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by e143slime8 View Post
Hello. Finally getting around to watching Jigsaw and am seeing, at around 32 minutes in, inconsistencies with playback, video/audio not in sync and jumping around. Tried ripping again with AnyDVD 8.2.3.3 and burning, same results. I originally thought this was a problem with "AnyDVD". I used BD Rebuilder v0.50.25 as I usually do for all my Blu-Ray projects. As a last thought, tried re-ripping the .iso and viewed the original results finding the original was okay. Then used "CloneBD" and the end result worked.

I originally posted this situation to their forum and once I found the error, they suggested I post here so that "jdobbs softworks" is aware of the problem.

I'll create a log if needed, let me know.

Thanks.
You've demonstrated very poor net etiquette. So what does using CloneBD have to do with anything? I really don't care what it does or can't do as it really doesn't affect BD Rebuilder. Are you trying to advertise for them, maybe? One major difference I can see... BD Rebuilder is free and they are expensive... and I believe BD Rebuilder results in better quality. But, hey, to each his/her own.
Old 18th April 2018, 05:48   #27246  |  Link
e143slime8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
You've demonstrated very poor net etiquette. So what does using CloneBD have to do with anything? I really don't care what it does or can't do as it really doesn't affect BD Rebuilder. Are you trying to advertise for them, maybe? One major difference I can see... BD Rebuilder is free and they are expensive... and I believe BD Rebuilder results in better quality. But, hey, to each his/her own.
This post was for informational purposes only (I have been a supporter and have used BDRebuilder for many, many years now and use that program for 99.9% of my burns). I'm not advertising for anyone but did think that you might have wanted to know about this particular issue.

Sorry if I've offended anyone.
e143slime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2018, 13:34   #27247  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by e143slime8 View Post
This post was for informational purposes only (I have been a supporter and have used BDRebuilder for many, many years now and use that program for 99.9% of my burns). I'm not advertising for anyone but did think that you might have wanted to know about this particular issue.

Sorry if I've offended anyone.
The issue, yes. The CloneBD stuff, not so much.
Old 18th April 2018, 20:17   #27248  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

The thing is, afaik, BDRB recognises (when present) the playlist mentioned by anydvd in the disc.inf file anydvd creates in the disc root. If BDRB would jump chapters, then so would CloneBD as an improper playlist would be used (screenpass protection). As to the audio sync issues (at least with BDRB), that's primarily down to using BDRB helper tools that arent officially recommended versions.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2018, 03:50   #27249  |  Link
MrVideo

When a disc is authored so that it will play a few m2ts files out-of-order because it detected the missing encryption, it is not done on chapter marks. Of the ones I've seen, they author random locations, and lengths.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2018, 05:55   #27250  |  Link
abbadon

Import error, Failed VFR conversion

I'm trying to convert a video I took with my phone to a dvd. However the import fails. Here's the log.

----------------------
[16:09:09] Importing: WORKING
- [16:09:20] Importing video file: (1 of 2)
- Preparing MP4 for processing...
- Scanning for Variable Frame Rate...
- Collecting audio/video streams from source...
- Converting VFR source to CFR format...
[16:09:37]ERROR: Failed VFR conversion. Aborted.

Any ideas?

RIP WinXP

Last edited by abbadon; 19th April 2018 at 07:33.
abbadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2018, 11:14   #27251  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Yes, post full conversion log. Not 5 lines of it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
Old 19th April 2018, 15:11   #27252  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbadon View Post
I'm trying to convert a video I took with my phone to a dvd. However the import fails. Here's the log.

----------------------
[16:09:09] Importing: WORKING
- [16:09:20] Importing video file: (1 of 2)
- Preparing MP4 for processing...
- Scanning for Variable Frame Rate...
- Collecting audio/video streams from source...
- Converting VFR source to CFR format...
[16:09:37]ERROR: Failed VFR conversion. Aborted.

Any ideas?
Set IMPORT_VFR_DISABLE=1
Old 19th April 2018, 15:18   #27253  |  Link
jdobbs

Just a warning though. If the source is truly VFR, turning that off will result in audio/video sync issues.
Old 19th April 2018, 18:43   #27254  |  Link
MrVideo

Three out of 10 videos that I have to put on a Blu-ray have forced subtitltes (for the foreign language). Those subtitle tracks are marked as forced in the MKV files. Is there a flag to tell BDRB to encode the Blu-ray to turn on subtitle #1 (the forced one in each of the three files)?
Old 20th April 2018, 00:02   #27255  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Three out of 10 videos that I have to put on a Blu-ray have forced subtitltes (for the foreign language). Those subtitle tracks are marked as forced in the MKV files. Is there a flag to tell BDRB to encode the Blu-ray to turn on subtitle #1 (the forced one in each of the three files)?
It should do it automatically. Run MEDIAINFO (the one included with BD-RB) on the original MKV and see if it shows the subtitle as forced. If so, BD-RB should see it and set that subtitle stream to forced in the resulting pseudo BD structure.

I haven't looked at this in a long time, I'll check the code and make sure it is working.

Last edited by jdobbs; 20th April 2018 at 00:05.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2018, 03:12   #27256  |  Link
abbadon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
Yes, post full conversion log. Not 5 lines of it.

That is the ENTIRE log.

__
trying

IMPORT_VFR_DISABLE=1

we'll see what happens

RIP WinXP
abbadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2018, 05:19   #27257  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It should do it automatically. Run MEDIAINFO (the one included with BD-RB) on the original MKV and see if it shows the subtitle as forced. If so, BD-RB should see it and set that subtitle stream to forced in the resulting pseudo BD structure.
Yep. Default and forced.
Quote:
I haven't looked at this in a long time, I'll check the code and make sure it is working.
Is this done before Backup is run, or during Backup? I stop and burn the contents before Backup.
Old 20th April 2018, 08:19   #27258  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbadon View Post
That is the ENTIRE log.

__
trying

IMPORT_VFR_DISABLE=1

we'll see what happens
No it's not. The start and ending are missing

Old 20th April 2018, 18:40   #27259  |  Link
varekai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
No it's not. The start and ending are missing
These are my logs.

I know the start and endings are missing but... please advise?
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2018, 19:34   #27260  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

I'm not even going to dignify that with an answer as i wasn't talking to you in the first place.