Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th August 2019, 21:37   #13  |  Link
Didée

Seems I'm facing a very similar problem with DG NV Tools.

Just to note, I'm in "video retiree" and hardly do any video tasks at all anymore. The last time I've created & processed a video project with DGDecNVTools was in autumn of 2017. And also one project in 2016. Yes really. Now these days, trying to open any video in DGDecNV throws me an "invalid license" ... mostly. Sometimes it's also "application doesn't response".

I'm not here to complain. Once I asked Donald how to proceed with donating if I don't have a PayPal account, and Donald was so generous to give me a free license. I'm still very thankful for this. But after many years of so relaxing problem-less serving of video files (ffmpeg is a PITA to me, and from experience oftentimes unreliable and/or unpredictable), I feel bit lost about getting back into the swing of things when I can't use the good old & approved tools ...
My hardware has not changed in any way over the years. Only change is with USB devices ... one more USB HDD, and a change of the USB WiFi adapter. That's all. And of course a good bunch of Windows (still 7) Updates. USB devices shouldn't be part of the hardware ID generation, or should they?
*exe, *dll and *license are all in the proper locations. All that stuff last used in 2017, all good & working. New call in 2019 ... "invalid license".

Some hint for an old man who just tries to make things working like they did in the past?

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote