Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 21st November 2019, 21:45   #121  |  Link
von Suppé

@ videoh,

Whatever playlist I load (from mounted ISO), I get this error in your GUI after hitting the Demux button:

"Cannot open file for video demux output."

Any idea what's the matter?
von Suppé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2019, 22:05   #122  |  Link
videoh

Please show the GUI screen at the time you hit Demux.

I would guess you are trying to write to a location on that mounted ISO. A mounted ISO is not writable.
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2019, 22:22   #123  |  Link
SlimSwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoh View Post
I have duplicated this with one of my disks. Investigating...

I'd still like the link to your disk, please. This is my highest priority for now.

It is Blu-ray (US, 42.27GB), same is for Angel Has Fallen 2019 (bluray, only one exist).
SlimSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2019, 22:24   #124  |  Link
videoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSwan View Post
It is Blu-ray (US, 42.27GB), same is for Angel Has Fallen 2019 (bluray, only one exist).
Thank you, were you able to test my fix? Please re-download 1003.
Old 21st November 2019, 22:33   #125  |  Link
SlimSwan

I redownload from here http://rationalqm.us/dgdemux/, will try now.
Old 21st November 2019, 22:56   #126  |  Link
SlimSwan

Now is ok, tnx for fix. Angel Has Fallen 2019 and Lion King 2019 works. I think that now is ok for others too.
File size is now ok, same as ac3to demux.
Old 21st November 2019, 23:10   #127  |  Link
videoh

Great, thank you very much!
Old 21st November 2019, 23:45   #128  |  Link
videoh

Forgot to mention... The updated 1003 has also added a 'skip last' option -sl.
Old 22nd November 2019, 00:44   #129  |  Link
redbtn

1) GUI crashes if click Browse and then click Cancel. Both Browse buttons affected.
2) If I demuxing only video stream, file has like 500 fragments on hdd. But if I demuxing video and audio streams, video file has 5000-12000 or even 20000+ fragments on hdd (audio streams have 2000-5000 fragments). It slows down file processing very much. For example exact same file demuxed with eac3to (video and audio at same time) has 440 fragments.
I think it's happens because video stream dumuxing along with audio and they write very small pieces to hdd in parallel. And I don't know it is possible to fix it, but I'd like.

Last edited by redbtn; 22nd November 2019 at 02:23.
redbtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2019, 03:45   #130  |  Link
videoh

Thank you for the report, redbtn. Error checking is minimal at this point, as you have discovered, but will be implemented in good time. At some point file fragmentation could attract attention but there is a lot of functionality to get done first. Smart people have moved to SSDs where fragmentation is irrelevant. People call me smart. Snort.

Last edited by videoh; 22nd November 2019 at 05:53.
Old 22nd November 2019, 11:35   #131  |  Link
von Suppé

Quote:
A mounted ISO is not writable.
I know. I always put destination folder to another location than the ISO's root directory.

But maybe I found something. When the output-directory is chosen with a short path, like E:\DGDemux, demuxing goes fine.

However, when set ouput-path longer it's not completely confirmed in the GUI. For example, I set "E:\DGDemux\demuxtest" --> the GUI confirms only "E:\DGDemux\demux"
After hitting the Demux button I get the error.

Can you have a look at his?

Edit: As for cosmetics, when the optional text put in "Output file name prefix" is left blank, the demuxed elementary videostream will have no name.

Last edited by von Suppé; 22nd November 2019 at 11:56. Reason: info added
Old 22nd November 2019, 17:09   #132  |  Link
videoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Suppé View Post
I know. I always put destination folder to another location than the ISO's root directory.

But maybe I found something. When the output-directory is chosen with a short path, like E:\DGDemux, demuxing goes fine.

However, when set ouput-path longer it's not completely confirmed in the GUI. For example, I set "E:\DGDemux\demuxtest" --> the GUI confirms only "E:\DGDemux\demux"
After hitting the Demux button I get the error.

Can you have a look at his?

Edit: As for cosmetics, when the optional text put in "Output file name prefix" is left blank, the demuxed elementary videostream will have no name.
Thank you, von Suppé. I have duplicated the issue. I'll fix that right now and also default the name field to something reasonable. Release coming shortly...
Old 22nd November 2019, 18:34   #133  |  Link
von Suppé

Quote:
Release coming shortly...
No hurry. I know that I can demux now for further testing. Thanks for your efforts.
Old 22nd November 2019, 18:46   #134  |  Link
videoh

Here ya go. Thank you for your testing.

http://rationalqm.us/board/viewtopic...p=10285#p10285
Old 22nd November 2019, 19:21   #135  |  Link
von Suppé

Works like charm, thanks

As for demuxing Dolby ThrueHD with embedded AC3 track, I notice your program puts out both as separate streams. Is it too much trouble to ask if there can be a choice in your GUI, to put out such a stream as one stream (so, TrueHD + embedded AC3)? It could have an extension like .thd+ac3.

One needs this kind of stream when remuxing to BD with eg. tsMuxer. I believe it's mandatory to have such an embedded legacy track in BD specs, in case of TrueHD.
Old 22nd November 2019, 19:24   #136  |  Link
videoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Suppé View Post
As for demuxing Dolby ThrueHD with embedded AC3 track, I notice your program puts out both as separate streams. Is it too much trouble to ask if there can be a choice in your GUI, to put out such a stream as one stream (so, TrueHD + embedded AC3)? It could have an extension like .thd+ac3.

One needs this kind of stream when remuxing to BD with eg. tsMuxer. I believe it's mandatory to have such an embedded legacy track in BD specs, in case of TrueHD.
Yes, that has already been requested but I forgot to add it to the to-do list. Will do.

GUI seems pretty stable so I can return to actual DGDemux functionality.
Old 23rd November 2019, 17:20   #137  |  Link
redbtn

I've tested 30+ *.m2ts playlist (1080p bluray)

1) With new 1.0.0.4 version, video output seems much closer to eac3to. I don't know for sure, but it seems to me like eac3to have "00 00 00" in the begin or in the end of frames, and DGDemux have "00 00". I don't know is it matters or not. For 16min 24fps video it has around 1250 places where 2 vs 3 zeroes.
example https://imgur.com/iE46D6d

2) Audio AC3 outputs have exact same length, but files are a little different (DGDemux vs eac3to). After investigating, wav L and R channels have exact same peaks, so synchronization is exact same.

3) DTS output is different (DGDemux vs eac3to). The pictures below show it. DTS via eac3to and AC3 streams are almost sync (7ms difference), and DTS vis DGDemux has 160ms shift.

rus.L.wav is the AC3 stream.

https://imgur.com/lYR9qCL
https://imgur.com/IevvgFi
https://imgur.com/ORwhJxg

Last edited by redbtn; 25th November 2019 at 22:40.
redbtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2019, 15:12   #138  |  Link
tebasuna51

About one question in ToDo.txt:
Quote:
This is maybe not a DGDemux problem, but I can not import/open the extracted .pcm audio file in mkvtoolnix. Tools like DVDFab can save to mkv with pcm audio. Or maybe DGDemux could save it as wav?
pcm = raw wave audio without a header, correct? [ChaosKing]
Not exactly, lpcm (Linear PCM) audio data is stored in BD's in Big Endian format and the channel LFE order is different. Samples:
Code:
FL 24bit  FR 24bit  sample 2.0
--------  --------
0A 02 00  B6 FD FF  raw s24le
00 02 0A  FF FD B6  pcm s24be

FL 16  FR 16  FC 16  LF 16  SL 16  SR 16  raw-wav sample 5.1
-----  -----  -----  -----  -----  -----
71 08  37 0C  0D FE  58 E7  81 EA  8E 05  raw s16le
08 71  0C 37  FE 0D  EA 81  05 8E  E7 58  pcm s16be
-----  -----  -----  -----  -----  -----
FL 16  FR 16  FC 16  SL 16  SR 16  LF 16  pcm lfe channel at end
eac3to can output .raw, .pcm, .wav, .w64 and .rf64, with the same uncompressed audio data but without headers or different headers and channel order.

And DGDemux.txt:
Quote:
When LPCM is demuxed from an M2TS (Blu-Ray) stream, the raw PCM is stored in the output file. You can convert this to a standard wave file using the popular SOX audio processor tool...

A typical command line (for 48000 sample rate, 2-channel, 24-bit) would be as follows:

sox -B -r 48000 -t raw -c 2 -e signed-integer -b 24 -S "00008 PID 1100 jpn DELAY 0ms.pcm" "00008.wav"
Also eac3to can be used with:

eac3to "00008 PID 1100 jpn DELAY 0ms.pcm" "00008.w64" -override -48000 -2 -24 -big

For big filesize (>4GB) the header W64 is recommended (accepted by tsMuxeR and MkvToolNix)
Old 25th November 2019, 10:34   #139  |  Link
mini-moose

I'm trying a similar disc to Naked Alibi with the latest gui.

Unlike the picture posted for Naked Alibi, I get only the properties for the first short m2ts. The demuxed result is .264 for the whole mpls and chapters but no audios or subs.

A few other small remarks/requests:

1) If I happen to choose an m2ts instead of an mpls, the gui just closes down.

2) Can the browse for Output folder be in a "paste a path" or explorer browsing format, rather than an explorer tree you need to expand drives and directories.

3) Can the demuxed video format be MKV too (currently only raw format).

4) Add chapters to the displayed stream list.
Attached Images

Last edited by mini-moose; 25th November 2019 at 10:45.
mini-moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2019, 13:54   #140  |  Link
videoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbtn View Post
I've tested 30+ *.m2ts playlist (1080p bluray)

1) With new 1.0.0.4 version, video output seems much closer to eac3to. I don't know for sure, but it seems to me like eac3to have "00 00 00" in the begin or in the end of frames, and DGDemux have "00 00". I don't know is it matters or not. For 16min 24fps video it has around 1250 places where 2 vs 3 zeroes.
example https://imgur.com/iE46D6d

2) Audio AC3 outputs have exact same length, but files are a little different (DGDemux vs eac3to). After investigating, wav L and R channels have exact same peaks, so synchronization is exact same.

3) DTS output is different (DGDemux vs eac3to). The pictures below show it. DTS via eac3to and AC3 streams are almost sync (7ms difference), and DTS vis DGDemux has 160ms shift.

rus.L.wav is the AC3 stream.

https://imgur.com/lYR9qCL
https://imgur.com/IevvgFi
https://imgur.com/ORwhJxg

@videoh If you are interested I can provide you source bd (if download 41gb is not a problem for you)
Thank you for your report.

1: DG code removes optional trailing_zero_8bits, which are optional syntax elements and are discarded by the decoder. I do need to verify that this is done consistently for all NALU types, but it is functionally inconsequential. For more details about this, see here:

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/6899

2&3: DG and eac3to sync mechanisms are different, so they may choose different audio frames to delete. Also, DGDemux does not remove dialog normalization as eac3to does by default. Regarding the 160ms difference, which one produces synced output when remuxed with mkvtoolnix? Don't forget that I am trying to correct sync issues that eac3to has in some use cases.

If there is an actual DGDemux functionality issue then I would purchase the disk, in which case please provide a link to purchase it.

Last edited by videoh; 25th November 2019 at 14:13.