Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th March 2014, 00:37   #341  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kado View Post
I'm having some issues with the new build (XySubFilter 3.1.0.682).
Cannot seem to reproduce this, so I may need to provide you a few builds with changes rolled back based on your dump & crash report to track down the cause. If luck has it, this will be the same issue dansrfe reported. Before I do that, could you use this logging build and upload the log it generates up until the crash occurs. The shorter the log the better, so try to delete it between attempts. If you could upload logs for a couple variations of triggering the crash, that could also be useful. You can edit the target in the .properties file, but currently I have it set to write to C:\

Edit: I've sent you a PM with some builds to test. Some of those may actually be less stable, but see if any resolve this particular crash.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 7th March 2014 at 01:36.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 06:51   #342  |  Link
EndlessD

The AutoLoader doesn't seem to work for me. The only way to load external subtitles with XySubFilter is to name them exactly the same as the videofile. Subtitles muxed with the video load fine.

I use MPC-HC 1.7.3 + LAV Filters 0.61.0 + madVR 0.87.6 + XySubFilter 3.1.0.682 BETA2.
XySubFilterAutoLoader & XySubFilter are set to Prefer in the External Filters settings (set merit doesn't work either).
EndlessD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 09:15   #343  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

@cyberbeing

Thanks, will do when I get back from work!

Sent from my SGS3 with Temasek 's CM11 & Tapatalk Pro!
Old 7th March 2014, 19:49   #344  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessD View Post
The only way to load external subtitles with XySubFilter is to name them exactly the same as the videofile.
This is expected behavior. Only subtitles found within the search paths, with identical file names will be loaded. Unique identifiers for each subtitle file can be added after the identical segment, following a period, like the following:

VideoTitle.mkv
VideoTitle.en.srt
VideoTitle.jp.srt
VideoTitle.fr.srt
VideoTitle.styled.ass
VideoTitle.bluray.sup

Last edited by cyberbeing; 7th March 2014 at 20:40.
Old 7th March 2014, 20:58   #345  |  Link
EndlessD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
This is expected behavior. Only subtitles found with the search paths, with identical file names will be loaded. Unique identifiers for each subtitle file can be added after the identical segment, following a period, like the following:

VideoTitle.mkv
VideoTitle.en.srt
VideoTitle.jp.srt
VideoTitle.fr.srt
VideoTitle.styled.ass
VideoTitle.bluray.sup
Thanks for the fast answer!
I already thought that it was ment to be like that...
Isn't there a way to work around this? So XySubFilter gets always loaded, like it was before? I would have to rename 200+ files to get all my subtitles working.
Switching back to an older version of madVR fixes this, but I don't want to loose the new features of madVR.
Old 7th March 2014, 21:07   #346  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, since even if XySubFilter is present in the graph in prior versions of madVR, those external subtitles still wouldn't be auto-loaded? Were you manually opening your subtitle files in prior versions? If you want XySubFilter Beta2 to always be present in the graph even when no subtitles are detected, open the configuration dialog and set 'Main -> Loading' to "Always Load".
Old 7th March 2014, 21:17   #347  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

@cyberbeing

After testing with the files you have provided here's the results (file was always registered before testing):

additiondraw = crash
autoload = ok
bugfix = ok
merge = crash
vs2010 = crash
vs2013 = crash

Maybe the autoload code and the bugfixes are "incompatible" (well at least in my system).

Also here's the log generated by the logging build you provided.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Kado

Last edited by Kado; 7th March 2014 at 21:36.
Kado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 21:30   #348  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Thanks. The "bugfix" reverted our bug fixes, but not the auto loader or addition draw. So it would seems one of our bug fixes is causing a new crash on your system.

I'll PM you so more builds in awhile, to see if we can track down the specific commit.

Edit: PM sent
Edit2: I notice from your log you are using "ffdshow Audio Processor". If you uninstall ffdshow, does it resolve your crash with Beta2?
Edit3: You also appear to have set "Cache Size" to a very low 32MB. If you change this back to the default of -1 does it resolve your crash? (And yes, I realize text input for that Cache setting box behaves strangely, if it takes the -1 correctly, it should show "Auto" the next time used)

Last edited by cyberbeing; 8th March 2014 at 00:54.
Old 8th March 2014, 00:48   #349  |  Link
EndlessD

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean exactly, since even if XySubFilter is present in the graph in prior versions of madVR, those external subtitles still wouldn't be auto-loaded? Were you manually opening your subtitle files in prior versions? If you want XySubFilter Beta2 to always be present in the graph even when no subtitles are detected, open the configuration dialog and set 'Main -> Loading' to "Always Load".
Yes I was opening them manually all the time, no autoloading. I thought the AutoLoader was a autoloader for XySubFilter not for subtitles (dumb me).
The "Always Load" works fine! I messed around with settings yesterday and checked that too, but it didn't work maybe something interfered with it.
Thank You for your help!
Old 8th March 2014, 09:55   #350  |  Link
Stephen R. Savage

Some time ago, I complained about performance problems with xySubFilter in full resolution mode. I'm still seeing occasional heavy frame drops with xySubFilter in the beta 2 release. Looking at the execution of mpc-hc.exe under Process Explorer, I notice the GPU memory usage fluctuating heavily as though a lot of dynamic allocation was being performed. Is this expected?
Stephen R. Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 10:36   #351  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen R. Savage View Post
Some time ago, I complained about performance problems with xySubFilter in full resolution mode. I'm still seeing occasional heavy frame drops with xySubFilter in the beta 2 release.
Beta 2 doesn't contain any new performance optimizations, so I guess that's to be expected. I looked back in the thread only see a single post from you though, and it was a response to someone else. If you find scripts which are causing performance issues, please upload samples so we know what still needs to be optimized. Increasing madVR's CPU queue can help in that regard to a certain extent, but certain computationally heavy operations will always be slow. For Beta 3, I'm hoping to put more focus on performance improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen R. Savage View Post
Looking at the execution of mpc-hc.exe under Process Explorer, I notice the GPU memory usage fluctuating heavily as though a lot of dynamic allocation was being performed. Is this expected?
That's probably a better question for the madVR thread, or MPC-HC thread (if using EVR-CP's consumer). All XySubFilter does is send bitmaps when requested, beyond that GPU memory allocations are in the hands of the subtitle consumer. You could try adding a DWORD value "MAX_BITMAP_COUNT" under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gabest\XySubFilter\Performance\ and play with the value to see if it changes this behavior at all. The default value is 8 (decimal), but not a lot of testing has been done to determine if this is the optimal value in terms of CPU & GPU load.
Old 8th March 2014, 17:01   #352  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

@cyberbeing

Regarding cache those values were me messing around as they were at auto(511) before, also even without ffdshow it crashes.

Did some tests and the file in folder "[2]/InsaneBorder" does not crash MPC-HC.

Cheers!

Kado
Old 8th March 2014, 22:14   #353  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Thanks, I'll pass it along to our developer. That build reverted the two insane border support commits [1] [2], which was a separate enhancement from the bugfix for Issue #166 which should still be fixed.

I've created an entry on our bug tracker as Issue #181, and attached the XySubFilter Test Build you've stated resolved your crash.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 8th March 2014 at 22:17.
Old 8th March 2014, 23:01   #354  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

Very well. Thanks for your support!

Cheers!

Kado
Old 9th March 2014, 00:13   #355  |  Link
wOxxOm
Oz of the zOo

Quote:
This is expected behavior. Only subtitles found within the search paths, with identical file names will be loaded.
How do I make it work with DVD/bluray playback in MPCHC?
wOxxOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2014, 00:46   #356  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

For standard DVD disc playback, I'm unsure it's possible with VSFilter-based filters in general unless you find a splitter which exposes a subtitle pin. DVD disc subtitles are normally rendered by the Video Decoder. The VSFilter VOBSUB format requires ripping subtitles from DVDs, at least as far as I'm aware. DVD playback is not my area of expertise. You may get a better answer in the MPC-HC thread, as the same would apply to their version of VSFilter.dll.

For Blu-ray playback, XySubFilter should be used normally to render the PGS subtitles directly embedded in the TS files on the disc, assuming LAV Splitter is used and no other subtitle renderer is enabled.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 9th March 2014 at 00:49.
Old 9th March 2014, 00:49   #357  |  Link
wOxxOm
Oz of the zOo

Quote:
For standard DVD disc playback, I'm unsure it's possible with VSFilter-based filters in general
Well, I meant it was previously possible (with xySubFilter) to just drag'n'drop any srt/ass subtitle in the MPCHC window while watching a DVD. Now it's no longer possible with xySubFilter, I assume?

Also, as of now it's not possible to start watching a video without any subtitles (either internal or external) and later drag'n'drop/load arbitrary subtitles with xySubFilter, right?

Last edited by wOxxOm; 9th March 2014 at 00:53.
Old 9th March 2014, 00:53   #358  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wOxxOm View Post
Well, I meant it was previously possible (with xySubFilter) to just drag'n'drop any srt/ass subtitle in the MPCHC window while watching a DVD. Now it's no longer possible, I assume?
Nothing has changed as far as subtitle loading is concerned in BETA2. As far as drag'n'drop support for XySubFilter, this is only functional in MPC-BE I believe. If you drag a subtitle into MPC-HC it enables the ISR on-the-fly and XySubFilter will not be used, even in previous versions.

Quote:
Also, as of now it's not possible to start watching a video without any subtitles (either internal or external) and later drag'n'drop/load arbitrary subtitles with xySubFilter, right?
Same as above, you need to use MPC-BE. XySubFilter should always be present in the graph, assuming the video has an audio track and subtitles exist. Otherwise, you can set it to "Always Load".

With MPC-HC, you'd actually need to open up XySubFilter settings during playback and use Main -> Open... to select your subtitle.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 9th March 2014 at 00:58.
Old 9th March 2014, 00:59   #359  |  Link
wOxxOm
Oz of the zOo

I think MPC-BE now behaves the same as MPC-HC and just uses ISR for drag'n'dropped subtitles. It's rather disappointing not having a way to force xySubFilter to load always...
Old 9th March 2014, 01:03   #360  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
I think MPC-BE now behaves the same as MPC-HC and just uses ISR for drag'n'dropped subtitles. It's rather disappointing not having a way to force xySubFilter to load always...
No, I'm 100% positive drag'n'drop support is functional with XySubFilter in MPC-BE. He specially designed it to always use VSFilter/xy-VSFilter/XySubFilter if they are active in the graph, instead of the ISR. You can confirm this by opening up VSFilter/xy-VSFilter/XySubFilter settings after dragging a subtitle file into MPC-BE, as it will show the subtitle file you just dragged as being open.

Only MPC-HC loads the ISR on-the-fly and doesn't use XySubFilter with drag'n'drop.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 9th March 2014 at 01:08.