Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 18th November 2013, 04:14   #18381  |  Link
whitelab

new computer

i installed bd-rebuilder on a new computer i build and bd-rebuilder gives me this error component MSCOMCLT.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered a file is missing or invalid
whitelab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2013, 04:22   #18382  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Go into the bdrb folder. You'll find a .bat file there with (near) identical name. Rightclick on it and run it as admin. That should.fix the problem

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2013, 04:36   #18383  |  Link
whitelab

new computer

the module MSCOMCLT.OCX failed to load make sure the binary is storedat the specified path or debug it to check it for problems with the binary or dependent .dll files the specified module could not be found
whitelab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2013, 04:47   #18384  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelab View Post
the module MSCOMCLT.OCX failed to load make sure the binary is storedat the specified path or debug it to check it for problems with the binary or dependent .dll files the specified module could not be found
Right click main executable of BD-RB and run as administrator and hopefully it should fix you problem, I did on win 7 and it worked.
Old 18th November 2013, 05:06   #18385  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

The main bdrb will afaik only fix ffdshow settings, iirc the bat file is needed to.register that file.

Old 18th November 2013, 05:14   #18386  |  Link
HWK

In my case only thing I needed to do was to run BD-RB as admin and it managed to register "MSCOMCLT.OCX" and it worked.
Old 18th November 2013, 05:18   #18387  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
i installed bd-rebuilder on a new computer i build and bd-rebuilder gives me this error component MSCOMCLT.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered a file is missing or invalid
You can also use REGSVR32 /S MSCOMCLT.OCX to register this file.
To do so you need to run Windows Command Processor or CMD with admin privilege and type everything you see in blue and then try again to see if it works.
Old 18th November 2013, 11:05   #18388  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Based on my experience ALL antivirus packages slow your system down without exception. Some may be better than others, but they all have a significant impact when enabled.
"How do you slow a computer to almost non-stop??" - "Run an Anti-Virus, or crash a program low-level and a 2.X Ghz machine will run like a Commodore 64 infected or both." - I've experienced it, and repaired it..more than I can count. Wee!

The Quick-Play settings thresholds are only supposed to affect BD/DVD Authored Imports, right?
Old 18th November 2013, 13:54   #18389  |  Link
mparade

custom sized full backups

If I use (when making full backups) BD-5 or BD-9 as the output size, in the stream list it is possible even to blank the m2ts files relating to each menu item. If I change the output size to custom (for example to 10500Mbyte due to willing to keep a DTS-HD stream with the video content as well), these menu items marked with "*" disappear from the stream list not being able to edit them anymore even if I set hiddenopt min m2ts size to a very small unit. I usually make custom sized full backups and want to blank the menu items which are not in hungarian/english, but it seems that it can be only done if the output size is set to BD-5 or BD-9. I do not want to keep any space reserving content on my hard disk which I surely know will never be used. As far as I know, if a m2ts is not located in the streamlist it will be copied directly without any encoding process and remuxed with all the content finally which went through the encoding process. Could Mr. JDobbs check this? I do not want to keep space reserving content on my hard disk which I surely know will never be used. I just do not understand why I cannot blank menu items after I change the output size to custom, maybe I did something wrong.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2013, 18:31   #18390  |  Link
dfsooner

TMT 6 & Import

One quick question and one comment.

Is it necessary to leave the titles.inf file in the source directory after processing is complete? Otherwise it has to be cleaned up manually.

I love the idea of combining video files into a BD with automatic menu generation. Menus not working with TMT is annoying but would not keep me from using the import/quick-play features. However, the fact that it also hangs up my Dune HD Smart H1 makes it a deal breaker. I suspect there are a lot of people like me that don't burn discs anymore but use their media players for everything.

Update:

The Dune problems seem to be alleviated with the latest update of BDRB. I am now a happy camper.

Last edited by dfsooner; 18th November 2013 at 19:32.
dfsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2013, 20:14   #18391  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Right click on the BAT file and run as administrator. You need privileges to register the OCX.

It's interesting that some Windows installations have the OCX already installed and some don't. That's why I added the file and the BAT file to it.
Old 18th November 2013, 20:21   #18392  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
If I use (when making full backups) BD-5 or BD-9 as the output size, in the stream list it is possible even to blank the m2ts files relating to each menu item. If I change the output size to custom (for example to 10500Mbyte due to willing to keep a DTS-HD stream with the video content as well), these menu items marked with "*" disappear from the stream list not being able to edit them anymore even if I set hiddenopt min m2ts size to a very small unit. I usually make custom sized full backups and want to blank the menu items which are not in hungarian/english, but it seems that it can be only done if the output size is set to BD-5 or BD-9. I do not want to keep any space reserving content on my hard disk which I surely know will never be used. As far as I know, if a m2ts is not located in the streamlist it will be copied directly without any encoding process and remuxed with all the content finally which went through the encoding process. Could Mr. JDobbs check this? I do not want to keep space reserving content on my hard disk which I surely know will never be used. I just do not understand why I cannot blank menu items after I change the output size to custom, maybe I did something wrong.
I don't think you've actually set the min size... or everything would show up. Recheck your INI -- also, if you've installed int "Program Files (x86)", make sure you are editing through BD-RB from the files menu. If you are directly editing the INI, Windows virtualization may be ignoring your changes (because the real file is elsewhere).

As I said before, the MIN_M2TS_SIZE is the only factor that decides what is shown for BD-25. It's a little different for BD-5/9 -- because the lower bitrate requirements of BD-5/9 makes it necessary to reencode almost everything.
Old 18th November 2013, 20:58   #18393  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
I don't think you've actually set the min size... or everything would show up. Recheck your INI -- also, if you've installed int "Program Files (x86)", make sure you are editing through BD-RB from the files menu. If you are directly editing the INI, Windows virtualization may be ignoring your changes (because the real file is elsewhere).

As I said before, the MIN_M2TS_SIZE is the only factor that decides what is shown for BD-25. It's a little different for BD-5/9 -- because the lower bitrate requirements of BD-5/9 makes it necessary to reencode almost everything.
Thank you for the help. I did everything as it was mentioned by you above except one thing. Could you please detail this part "also, if you've installed int "Program Files (x86)""?
I would really appreciate your help, and please check the 3D discussion also if you will have some extra time besides dealing with such "stupid" question like you just got from me.
Old 18th November 2013, 22:09   #18394  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Thank you for the help. I did everything as it was mentioned by you above except one thing. Could you please detail this part "also, if you've installed int "Program Files (x86)""?
I would really appreciate your help, and please check the 3D discussion also if you will have some extra time besides dealing with such "stupid" question like you just got from me.
Starting with Vista, Microsoft started protecting the "Program Files" folders. Depending on your configuration, sometimes when you read or write to something in the folder, it is actually written to an identical file in a hidden data area. The problem is that they don't tell you it is happening. So if you edit the INI from within BD-RB, you can be assured the active file is being referenced. If you do it manually by editing the BDREBUILDER.INI file in that folder -- your changes may not ever be recognized.

This is one of the reasons the instructions in my first post of this thread recommends installing somewhere other than "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86).
Old 18th November 2013, 22:10   #18395  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

or simply disable UAC and no more issues ^^
Old 18th November 2013, 22:12   #18396  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
or simply disable UAC and no more issues ^^
No, that is to be used solve all issues

Last edited by HWK; 18th November 2013 at 22:33.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2013, 23:04   #18397  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
Starting with Vista, Microsoft started protecting the "Program Files" folders. Depending on your configuration, sometimes when you read or write to something in the folder, it is actually written to an identical file in a hidden data area. The problem is that they don't tell you it is happening. So if you edit the INI from within BD-RB, you can be assured the active file is being referenced. If you do it manually by editing the BDREBUILDER.INI file in that folder -- your changes may not ever be recognized.

This is one of the reasons the instructions in my first post of this thread recommends installing somewhere other than "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86).
Yes, I see and thank you for your time again, but I really did everything according to your instructions. The only vids missing from the stream list when a custom target size output option is selected (above the size of BD-9) are relating without any exception to the disk's menu content and are displayed with "*" mark in the stream list when BD-9 or BD-5 selected as an output option. Maybe the menu content of a disk cannot be reencoded/blanked at all in case of a custom target size output option which was set above BD-9 capacity.

Just to see I am not about to find some extra head-aches for you every time over the ones you are getting every day from the others, and that I really appreciate your continuous hard work on such a great program I have just sent you 20 extra bucks.
Old 19th November 2013, 00:52   #18398  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Yes, I see and thank you for your time again, but I really did everything according to your instructions. The only vids missing from the stream list when a custom target size output option is selected (above the size of BD-9) are relating without any exception to the disk's menu content and are displayed with "*" mark in the stream list when BD-9 or BD-5 selected as an output option. Maybe the menu content of a disk cannot be reencoded/blanked at all in case of a custom target size output option which was set above BD-9 capacity.

Just to see I am not about to find some extra head-aches for you every time over the ones you are getting every day from the others, and that I really appreciate your continuous hard work on such a great program I have just sent you 20 extra bucks.
Thanks again for the support. The "*" indicates that the video is a part of a multi-part playlist.
Old 19th November 2013, 02:25   #18399  |  Link
Bubbator

sonar.exe[norton internet security] and 45.04

Hi,
And thanks for a wonderful program!
I've never had a glitch using BD-Rebuilder, but installing 45.04 failed with Norton Internet Security.
45.04 seemed to install but then NIS threw up a red warning about trojan horse behavior and wiped the install.
No problem for 2D and not ready to compile a combined disk me. I'll just use 45.03.
Is this a new issue?
Bub
Attached Images

Bubbator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2013, 02:34   #18400  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Nope no new issue. Just your Norton screwing up as it has done in the past. Its a false positive. You need inform Norton about that.