Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 13th May 2017, 21:39   #521  |  Link
sneaker_ger

It's not remembering this switch for you? For me it does.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 07:35   #522  |  Link
von Suppé

Would it be possible to get back the bottom offset unit in SUP export for pixels again?
I'm having trouble with precise height adjustment and I loved the pixelamount a lot better than the percentage unit.

cheers
von Suppé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 08:58   #523  |  Link
hello_hello

Nikse555,
I have a request for a little tweak, if possible.....

In the OCR import window there's a drop down box to select the dictionary to use for OCR correction. Would it be possible to tell Subtitle Edit to remember the last used dictionary rather than always defaulting to English US? As I'm silly, I'm always forgetting to change it until after I've started the OCR process.

Cheers.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 10:11   #524  |  Link
sup

MPV on Linux with video

Has anyone got any luck with running SE with video on Linux? I struggle with that, the program runs fine with mono but all video options are greyed out. But I have MPV installed (the linux version).
sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 07:23   #525  |  Link
dulanfai

Hey guys, I need help here. I tried to import a vobsub into SE. And then I deleted 2 lines. When I exported it, the text style is a little bit different. Is there anyway I can keep all the settings from the source? I tried many times, the output text is always slightly different. Even if I didn't delete anything from it. A simple import/export will always change the vobsub file size. I guess SE is auto cropping or auto optimizing the graphic in the vobsub file?
Any way I can actually keep everything same as the source vobsub?
dulanfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 09:39   #526  |  Link
Music Fan

How did you export it ? Did you first make OCR ?
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 09:56   #527  |  Link
dulanfai

Nah, I just drag a vobsub into SE. And then right click and export it to Vobsub. The settings always not the same as the source vobsub. If there is an update I hope this will be fixed. The vobsub file size is also smaller then the source file. (which suggest it is optimized? I don't know) I use SubResync and do the same thing, the output file size is same as the source and the text style is also same. But too bad SubResync can't delete a few lines as effective as SE.

Last edited by dulanfai; 24th June 2017 at 10:09.
Old 24th June 2017, 11:10   #528  |  Link
Music Fan

Try with BDSup2Sub.
Old 25th June 2017, 04:31   #529  |  Link
dulanfai

Actually, BDSup2Sub is not as effective. I need to delete frame 1 by 1. Now SE is the only software that allow me to delete a few lines in one action. That's why I am asking if there is any work around for this. It is ok. I am now using Subresync.
Old 20th July 2017, 19:35   #530  |  Link
von Suppé

I know I asked this earlier. I'm having trouble with the newest SUP export percentage settings.
Is it much trouble to bring back (or be able to choose) the good old pixel offset and size units into 'amount of pixels' again?
Old 21st July 2017, 06:23   #531  |  Link
Nikse555

@dulanfai: Re-saving a vobsub file is not supposed to change the image pixels. The container format and RLE-encoding is re-done though.

@Von Suppé: I think it's possible to choose between pixels and percentage in latest beta: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subt...leEditBeta.zip
Nikse555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2017, 08:01   #532  |  Link
von Suppé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikse555 View Post
@Von Suppé: I think it's possible to choose between pixels and percentage in latest beta: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subt...leEditBeta.zip
This would be great! I go try.

Thanks in advance, Nikse555

Edit: First quick test shows it works like a charm. Me a happy fellow :-)

So much thanks for your trouble, Nikse

Working with Advanced Sub Station Alpha (*.ass file), in the ASSA style window, the opacity (Alpha channel) of "Outline" settings is honoured in the preview. The opacity of "Shadow" settings is not honoured in preview.
Is this a bug?

Last edited by von Suppé; 22nd July 2017 at 17:25.
Old 23rd July 2017, 08:36   #533  |  Link
von Suppé

Hi Nikse,

I'm still encountering problems with .ass files exporting to SUP. SE still doesn't remember line-height settings.
In the SUP export window the Line height is default 73. I select all lines and change to 62. Then when I select one line, the height is back to its default 73. Things get more confused when I only want to select one line or lines with the same style.
Same goes for Alpha channel setting and Shadow width. Different styles sometimes ask for different Shadow, Alpha and Line height settings

Also, when possible, in the SUP export window, I'd like to have a feature that allows me to select all the lines with a specific ASSA style. I sometimes use quite a lot of different styles within the .ass file and then manually selecting the lines with the same style can be a tedious job.

Cheers
von Suppé
Old 25th July 2017, 10:27   #534  |  Link
Nikse555

Yes, the shadow opacity looks like a bug - thx. I've tried to fix it here: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subt...leEditBeta.zip

The line height works for selected "style" (style name from first selected line is used and style name should be visible below the height input box)
Old 29th July 2017, 07:27   #535  |  Link
Rack

Hi,

Is there a way to extract DVB Subtitles using Subtitle Edit directly without first using ProjectX or CCExtractor to extract the images and then OCR them with Subtitle Edit?
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2017, 09:04   #536  |  Link
Music Fan

Yes, open the TS file, it will detect the DVB Sub.
You can also export it directly in Blu-ray sup, without making OCR (right click on text in OCR box, export). But the size is much more little after exporting in Blu-ray sup. Nikse555 could not explain this when I exposed the problem 2 or 3 years ago.
Old 29th July 2017, 19:00   #537  |  Link
Rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fan View Post
Yes, open the TS file, it will detect the DVB Sub.
You can also export it directly in Blu-ray sup, without making OCR (right click on text in OCR box, export). But the size is much more little after exporting in Blu-ray sup. Nikse555 could not explain this when I exposed the problem 2 or 3 years ago.
Actually, I've tried that before, but SE didn't recognize the file.

So, I re-saved the file as .ts again using VideoRedo and tried with SE once more and SE recognized it this time.

The issue now is that there are 580 subtitle images while I'm getting 1160 images in SE.

After each subtitle image, there is an empty image.

To be fair, I faced the same issue with ProjectX and CCExtractor and that's why I wanted to try SE.

Nevertheless, when I compared both subtitles, the embedded DVB subtitle in the .ts file and the subtitle resulted from SE using PotPlayer, both of them where almost in sync, except for a delay of 1-2 seconds throughout the whole video.
Old 30th July 2017, 16:11   #538  |  Link
Nikse555

@Rack: Could you possibly email me the first 1-20 mb of the original file that SE does not recognize?
Old 30th July 2017, 18:14   #539  |  Link
Rack

Quote:
@Rack: Could you possibly email me the first 1-20 mb of the original file that SE does not recognize?
Hi,

Regret the inconvenience. It seems that I only needed to change to extension of the file from .nds to .ts and SE accepted the file without any issues. Media Info is already showing that the file type is: MPEG-TS.
Old 21st August 2017, 11:17   #540  |  Link
von Suppé

Quote:
Yes, the shadow opacity looks like a bug - thx. I've tried to fix it here: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subt...leEditBeta.zip

The line height works for selected "style" (style name from first selected line is used and style name should be visible below the height input box)
Thanks Nikse, alpha box is greyed out now, but I'm encountering something new in the beta.
When I select first line and then go down to the second (with mouse or arrow down) SE beta freezes?