Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th February 2024, 11:59   #1  |  Link
daoko
noizuy

Bore: A Border Fixing Plugin

Repo: https://github.com/opusgang/bore

This plugin currently has one function, FixBrightness, which functions very similarly to bbmod, except that it applies the same adjustment to an entire row. This makes it effectively work as an automated rektlvls/FixBr that isn't temporally stable, meaning you no longer have make minor adjustments on differently processed frames.

I will no longer be maintaining bbmod or rektlvls myself, although I have already made a PR to vs-adjust with a rewritten rektlvls.

Usage
Code:
core.bore.FixBrightness(clip clip, int top=0, int bottom=0, int left=0, int right=0, int step=1, float upper=1.0, float lower=0.0, int plane=0)
  • clip: 32-bit float clip.
  • top = 0, bottom = 0, left = 0, right = 0: number of lines from each border to adjust. Negative bottom/right values just count from the other side.
  • step = 1: Speed up processing ever so slightly by lowering the number of pixels used to find the adjustment. Might be an unnecessary parameter.
  • upper = 1: Upper limit of range, this allows excluding pixels.
  • lower = 0: Lower limit of range, this allows excluding pixels.
  • plane = 0: Plane to process.

Excluded pixels aren't processed and aren't used for calculating the adjustment. If there's enough interest, I might expand to allow for integer clips and/or multi-plane processing.

Results
https://slow.pics/c/9AVmP52k
Input

Code:
bbmod(src, top=5, bottom=5, left=5, right=5, blur=999)

Code:
rektlvls(src, [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, -1, -2, -3, -4, -5], [60, 43, 8, -7, -3, 58.5, 41.5, 6.5, -8, -3], [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, -1, -2, -3, -4, -5], [58.5, 41, 6, -8, -3, 59.5, 42, 6, -8, -3])

Code:
src.edgefixer.Continuity(top=5, bottom=5, left=5, right=5)

Code:
src.bore.FixBrightness(top=5, bottom=5, left=5, right=5)

Last edited by daoko; 6th February 2024 at 07:44.
daoko is offline   Reply With Quote