Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 19th May 2013, 08:02   #17241  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Funny nobody ever noticed it before. That's just a little tip-of-the-hat to Eddie Haskell (from Leave it to Beaver). It kinda' gives my age away, doesn't it?
J, are you sure? Hehe...perhaps I should have chuckled here when I noticed. He (Eddie) was cool, a nice bit of contrast. Age...is whatever you make it to be.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 19th May 2013 at 08:12.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 16:47   #17242  |  Link
Winenut

I did turn them off, for each re-rip (yesterday), but I like to keep them on for other reasons...since I sometimes decide the compressed results just aren't good enough and decide to burn a DL version instead. And for that, I want those settings on. And since I ONLY do "Movie Only" encodes, I'm trying to figure out why your software would care. I'm not doing any blanking or any other actions related to other titles. Just the main title for a "Movie Only" encode.

And I tried the AVC encode and that failed as well. Though I did keep the AnyDVD settings off, so did not see that error again. But looking in the registry is not remotely a guarantee, as I might have something I ripped a year ago (with those settings on).

In any case, Re-Install what? Those components you mentioned or BD Rebuilder? Because if so, why? Nothing else in my system has changed...except for BD Rebuilder. And I hate to reinstall stuff, as really I have to Uninstall those components, go into the Registry and clean up the garbage their uninstalls leave behind (which is usually EVERYTHING), and then reinstall them. Otherwise my Registry just gets more cluttered up. Windows is just not smart enough to reuse entries. But if that's what's needed, I can do that. Just want to be sure the mechanic is just not unplugging wires and plugging them back in just to see if that's the problem.

But in any case, what changed in BD RB between the time this issue was not be reported as an issue and now. And why would there be a potential conflict or configuration issue in my system with DirectShow?

Also, there was reference to looking in some DirectShowxxxxx.txt file for instructions on possibly resolving a DirectShow related issue...but where can I find that?

Thanks.
Winenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 17:29   #17243  |  Link
gonca

@Winenut
Those options in AnyDvd are great for straight playback but they can mess up an encode by possibly affecting playlists, etc.
Nothing has changed in your system? No media player updates, encoding software, codec packs, windows updates, WMP updates.
Uninstall FFDshow, Haali, avisynth, and delete BD_RB. Reinstall all of them to eliminate any issues on your computer.
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 17:46   #17244  |  Link
Winenut

Yes. No updates (period). No installs. Nothing except the new version of BD Rebuilder...and so I'm not convinced this is a problem related to FFDSHOW, Haali, or Avisynth. I have the recommended versions installed, and Inspect flags everything as ok. So call me stubborn, I don't take out the engine and put it back when it won't start...just because I don't know what else to do.

In checking through my accumulated logs, it does seem I've been using DirectShow for a long time...but perhaps some of the changes related to BD Rebuilder's handling 3D discs differently (and I don't use 3D discs) might have altered the options and perhaps that's the issue. And perhaps I need to change something. But what? But one day (under 43.04) it worked, and the next (under 44.06) it didn't. For any disc I've tried.

BD Rebuilder is not really installed per say. Just unzipped into the it's folder...which my shortcut points to. And I tried running it as an Administrator, in case this latest version needed that. But that's didn't help.

But I'll see if can download a prior version (before 44.04, which the problem seems to have started to be reported)...and it that's works...
Old 19th May 2013, 18:15   #17245  |  Link
Winenut

I downloaded and am running verrsion 44.03...and its seems to be working very nicely. Much farther along on this particular title than 44.06 got. And unlike 44.06, I see the 2 pair (3 each) of FFdshow and Haali in the tray (since I'm running DirectShow as a 3-way)...just as I'm used to seeing.

So once again...what changed with 44.04 (iinto the 44.06 version that would not work for me) that makes it different in how it works from 44.03?
Old 19th May 2013, 18:24   #17246  |  Link
Winenut

Is this it? Because it appears to only be applicable to 3D ?

- Added support for output of 3D source BDs to
SBS 3D via the SETUP dialog. This option only
supports movie-only (including ALTERNATE)
mode and will only function if you have
separately installed and properly configured
the DirectshowMVCSource() DLL according to
it's accompanying documentation. BD-RB must
also have write access to it's folder. This
feature should be especially useful in making
3D MKV and MP4 files or even DVDs from 3D BDs.
The output, of course, requires a monitor or
TV that supports SBS 3D.(v0.44.2)
- Added a new hidden option "TYPE_OF_3D" that
will allow you to specify an alternate output
type for 3D (other that the default SBS).
Options include Over/Under and Anaglyph.
(v0.44.2)

Is this saying that I need to do something with the DLL for DirectshowMVCSource() to 2D discs? Because i did not install it. Because as far as I can see I don't have this particular DLL installed. All I have is the DirectShowSource.dll.
Old 19th May 2013, 21:36   #17247  |  Link
gonca

I use 44.06 and it works fine. You don't need to worry about Directshowmvcsource unless you are encoding to 3D. The installation of the helper apps might have become corrupted. Try uninstalling and reinstalling, or hope that JDobbs starts making house calls.
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2013, 22:49   #17248  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winenut View Post
But looking in the registry is not remotely a guarantee, as I might have something I ripped a year ago (with those settings on).
Sigh... You obviously don't remotely know how the registry works and probably shouldn't be making comments about things you don't understand. Just as an FYI, that just happens to be where AnyDVD stores its current settings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winenut
So once again...what changed with 44.04 (iinto the 44.06 version that would not work for me) that makes it different in how it works from 44.03?
I've told you the issue is local to your system, I made suggestions that you have apparently decided to ignore. Version 44.06 is working great for everyone on the planet but you. Shouldn't that tell you something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winenut
In any case, Re-Install what?
Huh? Perhaps you should look at this post. It said exactly what you should reinstall.

Last edited by jdobbs; 19th May 2013 at 23:11.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 00:18   #17249  |  Link
dfsooner

Mr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winenut View Post
Is this it? Because it appears to only be applicable to 3D ?

- Added support for output of 3D source BDs to
SBS 3D via the SETUP dialog. This option only
supports movie-only (including ALTERNATE)
mode and will only function if you have
separately installed and properly configured
the DirectshowMVCSource() DLL according to
it's accompanying documentation. BD-RB must
also have write access to it's folder. This
feature should be especially useful in making
3D MKV and MP4 files or even DVDs from 3D BDs.
The output, of course, requires a monitor or
TV that supports SBS 3D.(v0.44.2)
- Added a new hidden option "TYPE_OF_3D" that
will allow you to specify an alternate output
type for 3D (other that the default SBS).
Options include Over/Under and Anaglyph.
(v0.44.2)

Is this saying that I need to do something with the DLL for DirectshowMVCSource() to 2D discs? Because i did not install it. Because as far as I can see I don't have this particular DLL installed. All I have is the DirectShowSource.dll.
You might make sure you have gotten the latest Windows updates. The problems I was having with 44.06 seem to have waned since the latest batch were applied. Don't know if it's relevant or not but it can't hurt.
dfsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 08:24   #17250  |  Link
sojourner353

Hi all,

I have made an interesting discovery I think regarding BD3D re-encoding/re-authoring, I recently asked jdobbs to add a alternate profile to output Full SBS 3D to MKV which results in a SBS Output of 3840x1080 which do work very well on PC, I was looking for a way to play this result in Blu-Ray Format and what I done was I put the created MKV into tsMuxer and set it to output to a Blu-Ray Disc and after it created it I tried to open it with TotalMedia Theatre 6 and it didn't like it much but PowerDVD 13 auto switched to 3D mode and played it back as if it was a original 3D Disc and reported it was outputting in 1920x1080 and its size was under BD25 so I can burn it to smaller media.

Thought this was interesting and thought I would share, I doubt it will work on standalone players but I will try later.

Edit: Tried the result burnt on RE media on my Samsung BD3D standalone player and as expected no Video out but HD Audio was being output perfect on a good note it still worked perfect from the PC using a software player, I was able to get TotalMedia Theatre 6 working by manually switching to 3D but PowerDVD 13 works flawless with auto 3D Switching.

Last edited by sojourner353; 20th May 2013 at 14:32.
sojourner353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 14:58   #17251  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
I experienced exactly this ERROR some time ago repeatedly. I could fix it by using this version of wavi.exe.
Maybe you give it a try and report back if it solves the 'aften' issue.
Thought I mention... the link reference is for WAVI.EXE 1.06m -- that's the same one that is distributed with BD-RB.
Old 20th May 2013, 16:48   #17252  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Thought I mention... the link reference is for WAVI.EXE 1.06m -- that's the same one that is distributed with BD-RB.
Ah good, thanks. It has been quite a while ago since I found that the former version should probably be replaced by this one - at least for my system.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 17:07   #17253  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Ah good, thanks. It has been quite a while ago since I found that the former version should probably be replaced by this one - at least for my system.
Your post back then was probably why I replaced it.
Old 20th May 2013, 19:00   #17254  |  Link
dfsooner

Mr

Trying to create 3D mkv from the movie Dredd and got the following mkvmerge error at the end. Looks like the problem seen by AmigaFuture because there is a zero-length AC3 file in the workfiles (AUD_00201_4353.AC3).

Log file:
Code:
[05/20/13] BD Rebuilder v0.44.06 (beta)
[07:41:12] Source:  DREDD_00800
  - Input BD size: 23.61 GB
  - Approximate total content: [01:35:51.787]
  - Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
  - MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
  - Mode: MKV Container, 1920x1080, 640Kbs DD5.1
  - 3D conversion mode enabled
  - Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShowMVC
  - Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=448
[07:41:12] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [07:41:12] Processing: VID_00201_3D (1 of 1)
 - [07:41:12] Combining multiple 3D segments.
 - [07:57:48] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00201]
 - [08:10:16] Reencoding video [VID_00201]
   - Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 137,905 frames
   - Converting output to Side-By-Side 3D Format
 - [08:10:16] Reencoding: VID_00201, Pass 1 of 1
 - [09:50:42] Video Encode complete
 - [09:50:42] Processing audio tracks
   - Track 4352 (eng): Reencoding audio to AC3...
   - Track 4353 (eng): Keeping original audio
[09:52:35]PHASE ONE complete
[09:52:35]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
 - [09:52:35] Building ALTERNATE OUTPUT Structure
 - ERROR in attempt to mux (MKVMERGE)
[09:55:01] - Failed to REBUILD
INF file:
Code:
[Status]
LABEL=DREDD
VERSION=v0.44.06 (beta)
SOURCE_SIZE=25346598912
SOURCE_VIDEO_SIZE=25346598912
TARGET_SIZE=8422162432
REDUCTION=.33227978480429
RESIZE_1080=0
RESIZE_1440=0
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=-1
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;fra;ger;spa;
BACKUP_MODE=1
MOVIEONLY_TYPE=10
USE_LAVF=0
INSTANCES=4
DGDECNV=0
QUICK=0
ENCODE_STEP=0
COMPLETED=1
REBUILD_COMPLETE=0
[00201]
AUDIO=110
PGS=101
APULLDOWN=0
S1440=0
VIDEO2=0
V2MBRATE=0
M2TS_TARGET=3540969373
SPLITS=1
NSIZE=0
FLINK=-1
MLINK=0

Last edited by dfsooner; 20th May 2013 at 19:06.
Old 20th May 2013, 19:24   #17255  |  Link
jdobbs

I've been trying for about a week now -- and I can't create any 0 length files no matter how hard I try.
Old 21st May 2013, 00:27   #17256  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
I've been trying for about a week now -- and I can't create any 0 length files no matter how hard I try.
I know, and I'm attempting to find the "show" so BD-RB does reproduce it for you. I'm really...hoping...your order of "Paul" will do it. :-D

Quote:
@AmegaFuture

Please check your PM.
Is that what happens when eyes become code-crossed?? Haw, haw!
Old 21st May 2013, 02:09   #17257  |  Link
thegame

I am really sorry if this has been asked before I went back quite a few pages and even tried the forum search and found nothing, but I do remember a long time ago this being talked about, but does BD-RB have a problem with PIP audio? I ran it on a title and everything on the BD works but the PIP audio, and I see that when I load the BD into BD-RB and I click on full some audio files are still "x" out, so I click on them to un "x" them but one file stays "x" is this the audio for the PIP? which I think it read DTS Express, and again sorry for bringing this up now because like I said I do remember quite some time ago this being discussed but I cannot find it now, but it would be nice to have audio with the PIP lol.

Thanks

*EDIT, never mind, I googled some more and found my answer at the Slysoft forums lol, I read that I needed to enable a hidden setting in my ini file, DTSX_ENABLE=1, so I am trying it out now.

Thanks and sorry to bring up and old subject.

Last edited by thegame; 21st May 2013 at 02:32.
thegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 02:30   #17258  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

you need to enable the hidden options for them to be processed. Enter the following into the bdrebuilder.ini file in it's installation folder "ENABLE_TEST=1" and "DTSX_ENABLE=1". That will allow them to be processed. Remember though, not all standalone players like the way how BDRB does it's magic. Some play the audio, some don't (even if your player is setup properly to allow for mixed audio). More often then not software players like powerdvd don't play the pip stream at all, if they do. Usually without audio aswell.

dts-e or pip audio streams in general can easily be identified.

they'll be labelled something like "AUD_008 (2nd) DTS-Express, Stereo, English". note that the "DTS-Express" part can also be AC3. There will also be an entry under the main video title for "Secundairy Video". That's the pip stream video.

Last edited by Ch3vr0n; 21st May 2013 at 02:33.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2013, 05:15   #17259  |  Link
dfsooner

Quote:
Re-ripped Dredd - different original disc, different system, different drive - same error.
Old 21st May 2013, 15:33   #17260  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsooner View Post
Trying to create 3D mkv from the movie Dredd and got the following mkvmerge error at the end. Looks like the problem seen by AmigaFuture because there is a zero-length AC3 file in the workfiles (AUD_00201_4353.AC3).

Log file:

INF file:
Just thought I'd let you know. With the help of AmigaFuture I was able to reproduce the error and I have fixed it for the next release -- which you should see later today.