Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Closed Thread

Old 10th May 2008, 19:55   #4721  |  Link
mic64

Hi All

I got a problem with all FLAC Files.
its not the encoding into it or playing them back.
Its something different.
I wanted to extract some flac from my MKVs.
mkvextract gives you this
Code:
Extracting track 2 with the CodecID 'A_FLAC' to the file 'z:\xxxxx.flac'. Container format: Ogg (FLAC in Ogg)
Well ok so far I thought. But..
those flac files are not being recognized by eas3to at all, so no way to convert them into something else.

Any idea? or solution?
Old 10th May 2008, 20:09   #4722  |  Link
Snowknight26

Code:
mkvextract tracks source.mka --no-ogg 1:dest.flac
Old 10th May 2008, 21:45   #4723  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorati View Post
@nautilus7:
Thx !!

Somebody has succesfully converted the Movie "Open Season"?

The Movie is 00152.m2ts + 00153.m2ts + 00154.m2ts.
or in German 00152.m2ts + 00155.m2ts + 00154.m2ts.

But the change from 00152.m2ts to 00153/00154.m2ts is not clean. My standaloneplayer (popcorn) hangs at the change.
At Windows-PC with Powerdvd is not better. It stops a short Moment and than goes on with playback.

I testet all:
- copy /b 00152.m2ts + 00153.m2ts + 00154.m2ts
- demux and mux with TSMuxer
- demux with eac3to (playlist) and Mux with TSMuxer
- convert to MKV

Somebody can help?
If you have a PCH why not read the forums? ES streams in MKV is NOT supported, you need to keep it in TS/M2TS. The answer to AVC + seamless branching is right here:

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/viewtopic.php?t=2921

Scroll down to where it says 'Seamless Branching (AVC)'. You can replace TSSplitter with tsMuxeR for doing the first join which I will do when I update the guide.
Old 10th May 2008, 22:56   #4724  |  Link
mic64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
Code:
mkvextract tracks source.mka --no-ogg 1:dest.flac
forgot to say..the --no-ogg option didn't help to get a pure flac from the mkv.
But I've found a way.
mplayer -dumpaudio -dumpfile works.
Old 11th May 2008, 07:58   #4725  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chouonsoku View Post
I've got something new going on with a seamless branching disc. Since the latest versions of eac3to support seamless branching I decided to give Nine Inch Nails: Beside You in Time another try.
Could I have a sample, please, with which this problem occurs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosehee View Post
I have used this tool to rip my BD and HDDVDs. Two days ago, I tried to rip Chris Botti Live with friends, but for some reason, I can't seem to play this after the conversion. I have tried this on 2.44 and 2.45 version. Both of them produces the gap information.
For video or audio or for both?

Can I have a sample of the m2ts file, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0mag!c View Post
I've decoded E-AC3 1536kbps to RAW file with GraphEdit and its Dump filter. By the way, I did it with Nero(8!) Audio Decoder 2, so how it correlates with yours "Nero 8 doesn't allow its DirectShow filters to be used from outside of Nero ShowTime"?
Huh!? Maybe Nero changed something in the later Nero 8 builds? Can somebody double check this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchappo View Post
I demuxed with tsremux, and muxed with tsmuxer so I don't think it's related to a specific program?

tsmuxer won't accept the pcm output from eac3to, so that extra header is what it needs. could the header be related to the m2ts container it came from?
It seems to me that TsRemux outputs a specific LPCM format which TsMuxer understands and likes. People always complained about that TsRemux' LPCM demuxing produces files with garbage in them. Maybe the headers in the demuxed files are kept there intentional? But I don't think this is any "official" format, at least I've never heard about that yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monohouse View Post
so the flac "multichannel standard" has different positions for every channel than the track in question ? so eac3to can actually tell which channel is what ?

and the endian is also because flac uses a different endian ?
Each codec has its own private channel ordering. E.g. LPCM data stored in m2ts has a different channel ordering than WAV files have. eac3to knows the channel ordering of all supported input formats/codecs and remaps the channels to the WAV channel order in the first step. Furthermore LPCM data is stored in big endian while WAV files are usually stored in little endian. So eac3to changes that, too.

But don't worry, these are all totally lossless modifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
the AVC video track of the 'things we lost in the fire' is indicated as a 16:9 track with pulldown flags. is this of any importance for me when I just want to remux the movie? so far I just remuxed it as usual and it also looks normally, but I just want to be sure.
All HD DVD movies have pulldown flags, older eac3to versions just didn't show this information. So there's nothing you need to do differently than before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momber View Post
You have developed it into one helluva tool!
Thanks... It gets a bit better every week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momber View Post
So I thought I'd give eac3to a go on the video front, too, and had it demux and remove the pulldown flags. The resulting vc-1 file is recognized by tsMuxeR as 1080i @ 23.976 fps and what's worse, playback got really jerky about 17 minutes into the episode I tried.

Is it so that eac3to only removes the pulldown=1 flag but leaves the interlaced=1 flag in place? And if that is the case, would you please be so kind as to correct it?
eac3to's current pulldown removal is based on an outdated vc1conv version. At some time I had even removed it (because the latest vc1conv is better), but put it back in on request. I will probably include the latest vc1conv logic in a future eac3to build. But I've only limited programming time for eac3to, so I can only do so much every week. For now if you need to have the pulldown completely removed please use eac3to for demuxing and then vc1conv afterwards.

Quote:
Somebody has succesfully converted the Movie "Open Season"?

The Movie is 00152.m2ts + 00153.m2ts + 00154.m2ts.
or in German 00152.m2ts + 00155.m2ts + 00154.m2ts.

But the change from 00152.m2ts to 00153/00154.m2ts is not clean. My standaloneplayer (popcorn) hangs at the change.
At Windows-PC with Powerdvd is not better. It stops a short Moment and than goes on with playback.
That's strange! Did eac3to report any *video* gaps? How long is that 00152.m2ts file? It would help if you could send me a the last 20MB of the 00152.m2ts file and the first 20MB of the 00153.m2ts file.
Old 11th May 2008, 09:16   #4726  |  Link
Encoder888

@madshi

eac3to 2.45 successfully extracted the correct chapters from The Terminator, but now I'm having another chapter issue with Terminator 3. eac3to reports and demuxes 97 chapters, almost one every 1-2 minutes, which I'm sure is not the correct chapter structure. Here's a link to the .mpls file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?n2cxkcm9amv

Please, let me know if you were able to fix it, so I know whether to wait for the next eac3to release before I mux my chapter file Thanks.
Old 11th May 2008, 14:48   #4727  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Madshi
Could you add --demuxaudioonly switch? Or something similar which will extract all audio streams without video.
Old 11th May 2008, 16:05   #4728  |  Link
dorati

@epiphone:
Quote:
If you have a PCH why not read the forums? ES streams in MKV is NOT supported, you need to keep it in TS/M2TS. The answer to AVC + seamless branching is right here
I read - but this way don't work - Sorry.

1. Joining with TSSplitter or copy /b (i tested both - same result)
2. Demux AVC-Videostream and AC3-Audiostream with TsRemux
3. Mux with tsMuxer

Later the join-point the video ist stuttering and later 20 Sec. hangs. The stuttering you can see in the short clips, I uploaded.

@madshi:
Audiogaps are reported - but no Videogaps

http://rapidshare.de/files/39377863/00152.m2ts.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/39377791/00155.m2ts.html

Last edited by dorati; 11th May 2008 at 16:33. Reason: error
Old 11th May 2008, 18:37   #4729  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

@tebasuna51, do you happen to have a sample for acmod 1 with LFE ("1/0.1")? I don't understand why it shows as "2.0" for you. Looking at my source code it should show as "1.1".
Old 11th May 2008, 19:04   #4730  |  Link
EPiPH0NE
b4k3d

Quote:
@epiphone:

3. Mux with tsMuxer

Later the join-point the video ist stuttering and later 20 Sec. hangs. The stuttering you can see in the short clips, I uploaded.

@madshi:
Audiogaps are reported - but no Videogaps

http://rapidshare.de/files/39377863/00152.m2ts.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/39377791/00155.m2ts.html
How are you playing these files cause I've personally tested this method several times with flawless playback from internal HDD.
Old 11th May 2008, 19:37   #4731  |  Link
dorati

At PC (PowerDVD) it works - at Standalone not.
I use NMT (http://www.syabas.de/)
Old 11th May 2008, 21:09   #4732  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encoder888 View Post
eac3to 2.45 successfully extracted the correct chapters from The Terminator, but now I'm having another chapter issue with Terminator 3. eac3to reports and demuxes 97 chapters, almost one every 1-2 minutes, which I'm sure is not the correct chapter structure.
BDEdit outputs the same chapters. Why are you sure that this is not correct?

The problem is this: There are 2 different types of marks in the playlist files: "entry points" and "link points". Originally I only used "entry points" for the chapter export. This resulted in the problem you experienced with "The Terminator". The first half of the chapters in "The Terminator" were "entry points" and the 2nd half were "link points". Now with Terminator 3 there are about 3 "link points" for every "entry point". If I'd ignore the "link points", the chapter list would be more reasonable for Terminator 3. However, if I ignore the "link points" then The Terminator will only have chapters in the first half of the movie. BDEdit exports both "entry points" and "link points".
Old 11th May 2008, 21:12   #4733  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:

3. Mux with tsMuxer

Thanks for the upload. Next time if possible please use a different server, though. rapidshare is the worst of all. I had to wait a minute to download the first sample and than over an hour to download the 2nd one. Anyway...

I've checked the samples you uploaded and they work beautifully with eac3to v2.45 for me. I've simply done this:

"eac3to 00152.m2ts+00155.m2ts movie.mkv" and the resulting MKV played perfectly fine with no stuttering at all on my HTPC with Media Player Classic (Haali Media Splitter + Cyberlink h264 decoder). The join point between the two m2ts parts was not visible at all.

Have you tried this command line? Are you using eac3to v2.45?
Old 11th May 2008, 21:15   #4734  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Could you add --demuxaudioonly switch? Or something similar which will extract all audio streams without video.
Of course I could. But I don't really like adding and documenting a lot of options because every option makes the help text more complicated. Maybe some day I'll split the help into "main options" and "expert options" or something like that. Then it wouldn't hurt as much if I add some more options. But right now I prefer to keep the option list as short as possible. Of course you can do the same as "-demuxaudioonly" would do by typing each audio track into the command line. So such an option would just save you a few key presses. Because of that I don't consider it very important at this point in time. I'm more worried about making everything work well right now...
Old 11th May 2008, 21:38   #4735  |  Link
jchappo

madshi, any chance of getting a switch -tsmuxer to output PCM with the extra data so I can remux these PCM tracks with tsMuxer?

or, do you know of a program that could create this extra data?

Last edited by jchappo; 11th May 2008 at 21:57.
Old 11th May 2008, 22:43   #4736  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
@tebasuna51, do you happen to have a sample for acmod 1 with LFE ("1/0.1")? I don't understand why it shows as "2.0" for you. Looking at my source code it should show as "1.1".
You are right, is my fault, sorry.
I edited my post
Old 11th May 2008, 23:08   #4737  |  Link
Snowknight26

Code:
[a03] This TS/M2TS file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing).
Aborted at file position 11482513408.
Blu-ray.. need a sample?
Old 11th May 2008, 23:39   #4738  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
madshi, any chance of getting a switch -tsmuxer to output PCM with the extra data so I can remux these PCM tracks with tsMuxer?
I don't know exactly what tsMuxer expects. E.g. does it want to have a different block size for 2.0 tracks compared to 5.1 tracks? I don't feel like experimenting. If there's an official documentation/explanation somewhere which format tsMuxer exactly wants to have then I can add support for that. But actually I think Roman should really add support for big WAV files and/or multi mono WAV files. Because that's a standard format. That "LPCM with headers" format is totally non-standard, as far as I can say...

Quote:
or, do you know of a program that could create this extra data?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
Code:
[a03] This TS/M2TS file seems to be damaged (sync byte missing).
Aborted at file position 11482513408.
Blu-ray.. need a sample?
I don't think a sample will help. This looks like a real damage in the source file. A missing sync byte is a very simple check. There's not really a big chance that eac3to has a bug in this situation.

Is this a one part movie? Or does the movie consist of multiple m2ts files? In the latter case check the file size of all m2ts parts. Are they all divisible by 192?
Old 11th May 2008, 23:46   #4739  |  Link
lexor

Hi guys, I have a couple of question on the tool use.

1) How do we use the following command
PHP Code:
-seekToIFrames    make all h264/AVC "I" frames seekable 
It says that audio formats are supported only in demuxed form, so how would it know anything about avc i-frames?

2) What does this line (from the help file) do?
PHP Code:
eac3to source.evo 1chapters.txt 2video.mkv 3audio.flac 5subtitle.sup 

Last edited by lexor; 12th May 2008 at 00:01.
Old 11th May 2008, 23:53   #4740  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

eac3to v2.46 released

http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip

Code:
* MPEG2 muxing now fully supports streams with mixed 23.976 and 29.970 content
* mixed video/movie MPEG2 streams are now always muxed with 29.970 timestamps
* if a movie MPEG2 stream goes 29video, processing is automatically restarted
* MPEG2 pulldown is now automatically removed whenever an MPEG2 stream is read
* new option "-keepPulldown" can be used to disable MPEG2 pulldown removal
* corrected default WAV channel masks for 4.0, 6.1 and 7.1
* added proper channel remaps for libav AC3 decoding of "funny" channel formats
* added general channel mask support
* WAV parser reads channel mask from extensible header
* (E-)AC3 parser sets correct channel mask
There are 2 bigger changes in this release:

(1) MPEG2 handling is noticably improved. Especially MPEG2 streams which contain a mixture of movie content (24p or 48i with pulldown flags) and video content (60i) should be handled perfectly now. Also the pulldown is now automatically removed for movie content which has pulldown flags.

(2) The audio processing chain got full support for custom channel masks. This is necessary to handle funny channel combinations like e.g. "5.0" correctly. However, the channel mask support is not complete yet. Especially the DTS, TrueHD, MLP and MP2 parsers do not always properly set the correct channel masks yet. So if you guys have any DTS/TrueHD/MP2 samples with funny channel masks, please upload samples for me. Thanks!

@tebasuna51, I think I implemented all the changes from your detailed AC3 testing post. But I couldn't really test it because I don't have AC3 samples other than 1.0, 2.0 and 5.1. If you have time, maybe you could check whether my fixed work correctly? Thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to