Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 19th June 2010, 20:39   #5901  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Of course

multiAVCHD will handle the avisynth script as is (unless it needs un-cropping or if you apply sharpen/framerate-change). It will treat it as regular video file and during encoding will use compliant x264 parameters to achieve compliance.

Dean
Old 19th June 2010, 20:58   #5902  |  Link
Capsbackup

Thanks deank.
I will be trying it out on my next backup.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 21:19   #5903  |  Link
pio011

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaviometal View Post
Same with me here, no motion chapters at all yet! With > 10 chapters, doesn't works! I'm with Win7 64.
It tried it - did not work with 10 and 9 Chapters - failed. But debugging it seemed to work a little bit: The avs played some seconds with motion chapters.

How do I now figure out what the error actually is? There's no error message shown, just that the encoding and muxing failed. So please, Deank, can you help me?
pio011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 21:28   #5904  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

No, I can't.

The best thing I could do was to install Win7 on a brand new average PC and try it. It worked. 12 motion chapters require about 1.6GB of free (non segmented) physical memory but I got it working at last.

If it fails - the error is usually with avisynth or/and x264 reporting "RUNNING OUT OF MEMORY".

I shared that I was surprised that my laptop with 2GB RAM dealed with the motion chapters and 3GB desktop win7 broke with error during encoding.

The things I suggest is to increase virtual memory (swap file) for your PC and use the version of avisynth from the 1st post.

There is really nothing more I can do at the moment (unless I find another PC to do a clean install).

Dean
Old 20th June 2010, 12:26   #5905  |  Link
pio011

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
If it fails - the error is usually with avisynth or/and x264 reporting "RUNNING OUT OF MEMORY".
Dean
But that is my problem: There's no error reported! So how am I supposed to know, why it fails? Or am I overlooking something?

Quote:
The things I suggest is to increase virtual memory (swap file) for your PC and use the version of avisynth from the 1st post.
I use the avisynth version you suggested. Ok, I will try to increase the virtual memory. At the Moment it is at 6134MB. Any suggestions of how much I should increase? Thanks!
pio011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 12:48   #5906  |  Link
bc55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc55 View Post
OK.

I'll get back to you when I have some more results.

Thanks

BC55
Hi Dean !

Well, what can I say - I selected roughly 22GiB of material and let MultiAVCHD run its course, and bingo, worked like a charm.

Burned the result onto a BD-R ( with room to spare ) @ 2x speed, and voilá, it's done.

Great stuff !!!!!

Now I just need to get into making the menu look different .....

Cheers

BC55

PS : I've dabbled into the properties of the individual files, and let MultiAVCHD create automatic chapters, but when I leave, they disappear ?! I klicked a SAVE button, but it asked me to save a file, and I don't know how to incorporate that into my project later. Do I have to do that for every clip ? Is there a general button to simply create X number of chapters for each file, or create a chapter every X minutes for all the files in my project ?

Last edited by bc55; 20th June 2010 at 13:00.
bc55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 14:33   #5907  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

If you leave with [OK] they won't disappear. You can create any number of chapters using the [auto] button in [chapters] tab in [properties].
Old 20th June 2010, 23:44   #5908  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Panasonic 3D Blu-ray Demo Disc - Anaglyph version - multiAVCHD 4.2 (pre) (suitable for DVD5, DVD9, BD-R, Playstation 3 DVD playback - can be converted with AVCHD Manager for PS3 USB playback)

800MB torrent download link.

Motion 3D menu background, original audio, motion 3D chapter thumbnails, motion 3D title-thumbnail.

RED / CYAN glasses required to view in 3D.

Panasonic 3D Blu-ray Demo Disc - Anaglyph version - multiAVCHD 4.2 (pre) (suitable for SDHC card / Playstation 3 USB/SDHC playback) (no menu)

450MB torrent SDHC PAL download link.

450MB torrent SDHC NTSC download link.

Last edited by deank; 21st June 2010 at 01:53.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 23:48   #5909  |  Link
colinhunt

Support for MVC 3D streams...?
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 00:17   #5910  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Yes, it uses a plugin for AviSynth, which decodes the right-eye. The links/screenshot above are for full 3D to 3D-anaglyph (red/cyan) conversion.
Old 21st June 2010, 01:44   #5911  |  Link
bluestarCVO

Hello all. I just got a new blu-ray burner and am trying to burn my mts files from my Canon HF200 to a bluray disc for the first time. I have been successful numerous times in creating an AVCHD DVD, but have been unable to do so with a bluray. My attempt earlier today failed. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
After clickng start, should I still be selecting AVCHD output and just burning to bluray instead of DVD, or should I be selecting bluray output now (that is what I selected with my earlier failed attempt). Thanks for any help or advice!
bluestarCVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 01:47   #5912  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

If AVCHD relaxed worked for you - use it.

What is the player that failed?

What burning program did you use?
Old 21st June 2010, 02:01   #5913  |  Link
bluestarCVO

Thanks for the quick reply. I used imgburn for the burn. The player is a samsung bdp2500. When I insert the disc it acts like it is loading the disc, and I get the "menu" message on the display of the Samsung, but it never goes past that. Just continues to act as if it is trying to load the menu. Now that I thought about it, I will go try it on the ps3.
I have yet to test the avchd output and burn to bluray.
Old 21st June 2010, 02:14   #5914  |  Link
bluestarCVO

Update: after playing around with the disc from earlier, I was able to get it to play, it just won't show the top menu ever. All I get is a black screen. I had tried to author it with a slide menu. This disc does include 50+ mts files.
After further messing around I was able to get the thumbnail menu to display. It will just never display the top menu and the disc always loads to a black screen.

Edit: that was all with the ps3. Still unable to get it to do anything on the samsung.

Last edited by bluestarCVO; 21st June 2010 at 02:19.
Old 21st June 2010, 02:52   #5915  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
BD-RB's should be okay. multiAVCHD recommends these:

http://multiforum.deanbg.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17
On that page there are the following two links:

multiAVCHD:
*** http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/download/

multiAVCHD DAT file only:
*** http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/datupdate/

Both report to a file with exactly the same filename. Why the same filename and what is the difference?
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 03:46   #5916  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
You really don't have much of a choice and you can't get the same clarity after the conversion. The only option is 23.976 (pull-down will be applied afterwards). Try it and see the result for yourself.
480p23.976? Uggh! The best conversion for 1080p60 (59.94) is 480i29.97. And that would be accomplished by taking 1/2 the source frame to make the first field and then taking 1/2 the source of the next frame (other set of lines) to create the other field.

You keep the 59.94 Hz motion, but at reduced vertical resolution, a result of going to 480 from 1080 and 240 lines per field.

There has to be an AVIsynth script/function to accomplish that.

One thing is for sure, you are right in that the DVD version of the 1080p60 source is going to look like crap, compared to the original.

Even if converted to Blu-ray, 1080p60 is not in the spec. The closest is 1080i29.97 (59.94 fields/sec). I've no idea if some Blu-ray players will play 1080p60 anyway.
Old 21st June 2010, 05:28   #5917  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic View Post
AFAIK [could be wrong] playback of HD DTS on/in a video DVD would really depend on your player -- I've never seen it on a DVD, but it possible some player **might** play it.
Don't expect any DVD player to handle HD-DTS, period. Not in the spec. Need to have AC3, or PCM, audio track on a DVD.

A DVD player can't even pass the HD-DTS through the optical link as the bitrate is too high. Only normal AC3 and DTS can be passed through the optical link to an amp.
Old 21st June 2010, 06:04   #5918  |  Link
MrVideo

Haali version

Many posts back (http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=5809) a nice set of instructions were provided for installation. Since I followed the other set of instructions, I uninstalled ffdshow and Haali. No need to uninstall avisynth.

In any event, the Haali version shown is 1.9.42.1 and the version I have is 1.10.175.0, resulting in a different set of options. I'm assuming that you are after the MPEG-PS getting set.

Is the latest Haali good enough, or must the older version be used?

The ffdshow I installed is also the latest beta. Good enough, or must we use the version you have linked?

Last edited by MrVideo; 21st June 2010 at 06:41.
Old 21st June 2010, 07:40   #5919  |  Link
insaneoctane

Dean,
Seems you've fixed something, because now MAVCHD will create a project using a video file that my system can't playback! (MPC says "can't reneder file"). What's strange, is that I was troubleshooting things and I noticed that MAVCHD was running my file through tsmuxer (don't know why), but the output was playable on my PC, but the source wasn't. The only difference I can tell has to do with the audio delay in the source was -140ms and in the output was 0. Here is the mediainfo from the source (won't play on PC - "can't render file") and the mediainfo from the output after MAVCHD created the project (I'll include the log file to). Why is MAVCHD running the file through tsmuxer?

MEDIAINFO of SOURCE (hp_nowork_mediainfo.txt)
MEDIAINFO of OUTPUT (hp_nowork_fixed_mediainfo.txt)
LOG of PROJECT (20100620-231326-multiAVCHD.log.txt)
Attached Files
File Type: txt hp_nowork_mediainfo.txt (7.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: txt hp_nowork_fixed_mediainfo.txt (6.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: txt 20100620-231326-multiAVCHD.log.txt (5.2 KB, 24 views)
insaneoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 15:13   #5920  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Yes, it uses a plugin for AviSynth, which decodes the right-eye. The links/screenshot above are for full 3D to 3D-anaglyph (red/cyan) conversion.
Nice work - although I'm 100% against any and all support for anaglyph 3D. Now that we've finally managed to come up with a (much) better 3D implementation, the last thing we should do is go back to anaglyph crap. You know?
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author