Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 18th September 2019, 21:56   #3241  |  Link
Mike-uk

ok thanks, think ill just stick with the internal motion then, what i dont understand is cpu is at 18% yet only achieves 30fps ??

almost 6hrs for 3 hours of content

maybe just encode in NTSC format and take a slight resolution hit

Last edited by Mike-uk; 18th September 2019 at 22:42.
Mike-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2019, 23:37   #3242  |  Link
Mike-uk

ok so i installed avisynth + MT and used prefetch (4) at the end of the script and that seems to bump fps back to 100 fps, any insight to negative effects ?
Old 19th September 2019, 00:31   #3243  |  Link
manolito

Multitasking does help a lot with MVTools. If you use it for HD conversions using X264 or X265 you might get crashes sooner or later. AVStoDVD seems to be less affected in my experience.

My plugin package for AVStoDVD now also has a section on using AVS+ MT under AVStoDVD. Download here:
https://files.videohelp.com/u/172211...D%20Plugins.7z

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2019, 19:51   #3244  |  Link
Mike-uk

hmm ok might of found a bug, i cant create a dvd menu if ive got use PAL speedup selected on certain media files, did a load fine that were 29.97 fps, but if i use a file that has 23.976 i get the error cant create dvd thumbnail for title

Last edited by Mike-uk; 20th September 2019 at 19:53.
Old 20th September 2019, 20:08   #3245  |  Link
Mike-uk

also is there anyway of editing avisynth.dll location, as i use bd rebuilder but it only works with avisynth 2.60, but i want to use the + with avs2dvd,

Last edited by Mike-uk; 20th September 2019 at 20:10.
Old 21st September 2019, 21:29   #3246  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-uk View Post
but if i use a file that has 23.976 i get the error cant create dvd thumbnail for title
Can you cut out a short section of such a source file and upload it to a file hoster? And the AVStoDVD log file would also be nice...
Old 21st September 2019, 21:33   #3247  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-uk View Post
also is there anyway of editing avisynth.dll location, as i use bd rebuilder but it only works with avisynth 2.60, but i want to use the + with avs2dvd,
Yes, you can use Groucho's universal AviSynth installer for quickly switching AviSynth versions:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...88#post1720988

But before doing this you should try if BD Rebuilder really refuses to run under AVS+. I am not familiar with BD Rebuilder, but for DVD Rebuilder jdobbs says the same thing, and it is not true. DVD Rebuilder runs nicely under the latest AVS+ version by pinterf.
Old 21st September 2019, 21:36   #3248  |  Link
Mike-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Yes, you can use Groucho's universal AviSynth installer for quickly switching AviSynth versions:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...88#post1720988

But before doing this you should try if BD Rebuilder really refuses to run under AVS+. I am not familiar with BD Rebuilder, but for DVD Rebuilder jdobbs says the same thing, and it is not true. DVD Rebuilder runs nicely under the latest AVS+ version by pinterf.
ok will look into the switcher, i did stumble upon it, but then forgot :P

bd rebuilder forces it's self closed if Avisynth is not present or wrong version
Old 21st September 2019, 22:05   #3249  |  Link
Mike-uk

Quote:
Can you cut out a short section of such a source file and upload it to a file hoster? And the AVStoDVD log file would also be nice...
here

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DP...2dzokozcxIH2h6
Old 22nd September 2019, 00:27   #3250  |  Link
manolito

Thanks for uploading your sample...

But I cannot reproduce your issue. I tried to replicate your settings as good as I could, but I got a very nice result. BatchMux had no complaints. I used the first 3 subtitle tracks, and something is wrong here. Only the first subs track shows English subs, the other 2 just show question marks. Weird...

I know almost nothing about subs, might well be that BatchMux stumbled upon one of your subtitle tracks. But it sure has nothing to do with the PAL Speedup option. At least not on my machine.

Get my test results here:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/k6ul79
Old 22nd September 2019, 13:47   #3251  |  Link
Mike-uk

Quote:
Thanks for uploading your sample...

But I cannot reproduce your issue. I tried to replicate your settings as good as I could, but I got a very nice result. BatchMux had no complaints. I used the first 3 subtitle tracks, and something is wrong here. Only the first subs track shows English subs, the other 2 just show question marks. Weird...

I know almost nothing about subs, might well be that BatchMux stumbled upon one of your subtitle tracks. But it sure has nothing to do with the PAL Speedup option. At least not on my machine.

Get my test results here:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/k6ul79
very odd, if i have speedup selected i get the error about not being able to create thumbnail, but if i unselect speed up dvd menu creation works as normal
Old 22nd September 2019, 16:10   #3252  |  Link
manolito

The key line in your DVD log is this one:
Quote:
Created File (Menu Page 1): C:\Users\mike7\Videos\DVD_1_MenuPage1.m2v (0 Byte)
AVStoDVD always uses FFMpeg to create the motion menu video even if HCenc is selected as the video encoder. And this encoding step fails on your computer.

First thing I thought was that the reason could be that you had selected a duration of 25 sec for the motion menu while the source only has a duration of 12 sec. But this was wrong, my computer had no problem using 25 sec as the menu duration.

You could try anyways to shorten the menu duration to no more than 12 sec, but if this does not help then I believe that AVS+ is the reason.

//EDIT//
Or did you update your FFmpeg version in AVStoDVD without observing this?
Quote:
FFmpeg:
The included version 2.2.3 is from 2014 and is slowly getting a little old. For the purpose of AVStoDVD it probably has everything it needs, though...
If you want to upgrade to a later version, there are a few things to keep in mind:

Starting with version 3.1.2 the FFmpeg AVS interface has changed. To work with A2D it is necessary to include the folder "...\AVStoDVD\Lib" in your "PATH" environment variable. It is also recommended to include the folder "...\AviSynth\Plugins" in the "PATH" variable.

Current FFmpeg versions do NOT work under Win XP. There are a couple of fairly recent builds by CoRoNe, rogerdpack and Sherpya which do work under Win XP, though.

The latest and highly recommended version which works under Win XP and does not require to modify the "PATH" variable is this one from July 2016 by rogerdpack:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffm...e.zip/download

Last edited by manolito; 22nd September 2019 at 16:34.
Old 22nd September 2019, 18:42   #3253  |  Link
Mike-uk

ahh quite possibly ill check that out when i got 5 mins
Old 22nd September 2019, 21:35   #3254  |  Link
Mike-uk

reverting back to ffmpeg that comes with avs2dvd doesnt fix it
Old 23rd September 2019, 00:03   #3255  |  Link
manolito

Sorry, out of ideas...
Old 23rd September 2019, 15:56   #3256  |  Link
Mike-uk

no worries, my work around is enable menu, let it moan about not being able to create thumbnail, encode, it will fail when it gets to encoding and creating the menu, keep assest files , start new project, add the .m2v files, edit menu, re prosses but it wont do any encoding, but it will finish making the menue and then creat the dvd struture
Old 21st October 2019, 02:04   #3257  |  Link
dr_ml422

I opened AVStoDVD to start a conversion and something told me to go to the codecs setting. Well everything was under ffdshow, and of course LAV is installed. So, is it Windows or something else that kicks it back to other than LAV filters? Or is it the program itself that picks best settings fir a project? Should I always check and make sure LAV is default? How other than going down one by one and hitting LAV can I do this? Thanks. Also should I just delete FFDShow out of my system? What's using it? Is it old and true MPC-HC 64 bit the one that's using it? Or DVDFab, VidCoder,...? That way I'll always have LAV as default for AvstoDVD. Thanks.
dr_ml422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2019, 13:34   #3258  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_ml422 View Post
So, is it Windows or something else that kicks it back to other than LAV filters?

Is it old and true MPC-HC 64 bit the one that's using it? Or DVDFab, VidCoder,...? That way I'll always have LAV as default for AvstoDVD. Thanks.
This should not happen. If you are under Win10 it may be that after a feature update the preferred DS filters will be reset, but it will certainly reset the filters to the MS default filters and not to ffdshow.

So I believe that either yourself or some software you are using has changed the preferred filter settings to ffdshow. MPC-HC 64 has been using LAV Filters for quite some time, if your version still uses ffdshow it must be pretty old. Time to upgrade...

If you do not need the newer LAV features (supporting newer video codecs or current hardware assisted decoding features) then ffdshow is really not so bad. AVStoDVD fully supports it, and if you are not getting any problems like audio/video sync problems then you could probably stay with ffdshow. I have no idea which of your other installed software might insist on ffdshow, this is something you need to find out yourself by uninstalling ffdshow and check all your video playback or conversion software.

Cheers
manolito
Old 7th November 2019, 02:40   #3259  |  Link
dr_ml422

Keep getting this error.

I keep getting this error. Never got it before. After I close the command window it tells me if I want to proceed with something about FFMPeg etc... and then it turns out ok. Here's the screenshot I attached. Thanks.
dr_ml422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2019, 04:23   #3260  |  Link
manolito

Getting attachments approved in the Doom9 forum can take ages...

Upload your image to a file hoster like https://postimages.org/ instead...