Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 12th April 2021, 16:09   #41  |  Link
Audionut

Hi,

Thanks for this program, it is very handy.

I am having an issue where the audio settings are refusing to stick when hitting "apply".

If I use "options|save current settings", this appears to make the options stick, except track selection. Track selection refuses to stick to anything other then the default track #1.

Cheers.
Old 12th April 2021, 17:08   #42  |  Link
jlw_4049

Without saving the profile the options will reset to default each time the audio codec sub window is closed. Once you select apply in the window the program, the window closes and the program remembers all of the options you selected to encode with. If you re-open the window the program will automatically set the gui back to saved defaults (minus track and custom command lines) I can probably make the program remember the settings until the entire program is closed. This is something I haven't attempted yet.

When you press apply and choose view commands, does the program remember the correct commands?

Are you only referring to remember which track? The program defaults to track 1 by default, if you'd like I could make it retain the track as well. If you could post it as an issue on the github issues tracker, that would be helpful. This would require me to program it in.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
jlw_4049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2021, 02:01   #43  |  Link
Audionut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlw_4049 View Post
I can probably make the program remember the settings until the entire program is closed.
This would seem to make sense. Thankyou.

Quote:
When you press apply and choose view commands, does the program remember the correct commands?
Yes, it does.

Quote:
Are you only referring to remember which track?
The initial problem I found, was that track #1 was being encoded, even though I had selected track #2.

However, I have been unable to replicate the issue so I could file a bug report at Git.
I tried different files, the original file. A different combination of when to choose the save file, vs when changing the audio settings. I cannot replicate the error.

File this one away as a dumb user error.

Cheers.
Old 17th November 2021, 21:59   #44  |  Link
cez4r

Hi! I've found a bug in Batch Processing:
I changed a path to Ffmpeg. Then I opened Batch Processing, set everything and clicked Show Command - in the new window I could clearly read:
... do "/Apps/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.exe" ... - and I have set path to the totally other folder.
I closed program and checked "config.ini" - everything is as I set it. I opened program and tried the Batch again and again - always the same.
I'm using the newest v3.36.1.
Could You look at it? TIA.
Cheers.
cez4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2021, 16:24   #45  |  Link
jlw_4049

Quote:
Originally Posted by cez4r View Post
Hi! I've found a bug in Batch Processing:
I changed a path to Ffmpeg. Then I opened Batch Processing, set everything and clicked Show Command - in the new window I could clearly read:
... do "/Apps/ffmpeg/ffmpeg.exe" ... - and I have set path to the totally other folder.
I closed program and checked "config.ini" - everything is as I set it. I opened program and tried the Batch again and again - always the same.
I'm using the newest v3.36.1.
Could You look at it? TIA.
Cheers.
Thanks for the bug report. I'll look into this tonight!

EDIT:

Looking at the code. The program is actually using the specified location of where your FFMPEG.exe has been defined. However, in the code, I have the label (the font your seeing in that window) hard coded as '/Apps/FFMPEG/ffmpeg.exe'
In reality, you are using the FFMPEG.exe where you specified it. I will fix the show command for the next release.

Last edited by jlw_4049; 19th November 2021 at 05:03.
Old 19th November 2021, 08:08   #46  |  Link
jlw_4049

Updating Release(s)
Quote:
v3.34:
* Fix for .dll error on Windows versions under 10
* I had to revert back to older python/pyinstaller, for what ever reason latest versions of them break older windows support

v3.35:
* Program should now clear Windows antivirus always, I've compiled my own version of pyinstaller and made sure not to add anything that was not needed and a few other smaller changes
* Officially from this point on the app will only run on x64 systems.
* QAAC has been updated to 'v2.72'
* Youtube-DL has been updated to 'youtube-dl 2021.06.06'
* MPV-Player has been updated to '0.33.1'
* Mediainfo CLI/GUI has been updated to v21.09
* FFMPEG has been updated to '2021-10-14-git-c336c7a9d7'

v3.36:
* Completely re-wrote the entire youtubedl GUI that was included within FFMPEGAudioEncoder
- It's fully written in python, with no needed binaries to run (other then FFMPEG which is included with ffmegaudioencodergui)
- It's fully multi-threaded
- It uses the python module ytb-dl in order to do the work
- It has the ability to download video and or audio, from almost any video website
- The simple version of this program has much less features then the full fledged version, how ever it has the basic needed features and it'll be much easier to keep up to date as I work with ffmpegaudioencodergui
- Youtube-DL is no longer required and is removed from the program entirely, the youtubeGUI is now built based off of the python module 'yt-dlp' and is currently only version 'yt-dlp 2021.11.10.1'

v3.36.1:
* Changed menu option from Youtube-DL-Gui to Simple-Youtube-DL-Gui
* Update this to the latest version from standalone
* This will correct a small bug that would have had to do with FFMPEG set location

v3.36.2: (Batch Gui Fixes)
* I stripped the un-needed brackets ({}) off of the file input for drag and drop. This didn't change the function of the app however it does make it look nicer when displaying the save file/view commands
* Show commands "FFMPEG" location will now update correctly based off where you choose in the "Set FFMPEG location"
NOTE: This was fully functional internally, however it did not correctly display on the show commands window
Old 25th May 2022, 16:48   #47  |  Link
jlw_4049

Updating Release
Quote:
v4.0:
There have been many major changes to how the program works, for a full changelog, please click the link:
https://github.com/jlw4049/FFMPEG-Au...leases/tag/4.0

Major Changes:
* New auto encode track selector (if there is 2 or more audio tracks)
* New Streams Viewer
* New Codec Settings windows
* New batch processing feature
* New progress window output
* New Job manager
* New geometry settings manager
* New display command window
* Define save paths for tools/directories
* Update ffmpeg, ytdlp, mpv, mediainfoGUI, removed mediainfoCLI
* FDK-AAC/QAAC, while still supported, are no longer shipped with everything they need to run (due to license conflicts)
* These are just some of the highlighted changes, there is MANY changes to how the program works
* Added an installer option (still releases with portable version)
* The program is much faster at opening/parsing input files

Again, to see a full list of changes, please click https://github.com/jlw4049/FFMPEG-Au...leases/tag/4.0

Last edited by jlw_4049; 25th May 2022 at 23:42.

Tags
audio, encoder gui, ffmpeg, ffmpeg audio