Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 24th March 2013, 20:54   #16821  |  Link
AGKnotUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
Then your probably blanked out that graphic. I always preview discs i intend to blank, so i know what to look for to blank as in trailers etc, and what NOT to blank (as in static bg images etc)
No, I specifically checked for that graphic. I made sure it was included.
AGKnotUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 22:24   #16822  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGKnotUser View Post
No, I specifically checked for that graphic. I made sure it was included.
Often there is more than one... especially in menus. Try it again -- but don't manually remove anything. I'll bet the graphic is there...
Old 25th March 2013, 03:55   #16823  |  Link
AGKnotUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Often there is more than one... especially in menus. Try it again -- but don't manually remove anything. I'll bet the graphic is there...
Ok, I'm running it now with Auto-blanking and the "BLANK_THRESHOLD=30" line in the INI file and and not touching anything else. Will report back.
Old 25th March 2013, 05:28   #16824  |  Link
AGKnotUser

OK, same wrong menu graphic. Now I'm going to try Auto-blank Extras without the BLANK_THRESHOLD=30 line in the INI file.
Old 25th March 2013, 14:23   #16825  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGKnotUser View Post
OK, same wrong menu graphic. Now I'm going to try Auto-blank Extras without the BLANK_THRESHOLD=30 line in the INI file.
I don't think the threshold will matter... while there is no flag that says "this is a menu", BD-RB goes through a series of checks that, as a sum, comes to that conclusion. Auto-blank doesn't remove what it thinks is a menu (regardless of the threshold).
Old 25th March 2013, 18:20   #16826  |  Link
AGKnotUser

Quote:
I don't think the threshold will matter... while there is no flag that says "this is a menu", BD-RB goes through a series of checks that, as a sum, comes to that conclusion. Auto-blank doesn't remove what it thinks is a menu (regardless of the threshold).
It did make a difference. Without the Threshold line no graphic was shown behind the menu, just black. Perhaps in this case the menu graphic is being stored differently from other discs.

Last edited by AGKnotUser; 26th March 2013 at 13:45.
Old 26th March 2013, 18:00   #16827  |  Link
richardrpg

Hiddenopts help needed. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post but cant find where to post. I just need some help with increasing AC3 5.1 sound output.In the hidden options.txt there is this option "AUDIO_AMPLIFY= n n = v" All other options have a numeric value for "n" but audio amplification has a "v" if I want to increase output by 50% above normal, what would I put by "n" I've seen in posts regarding DVDrebuilder that they would use for eg. 1.5 for a 50% increase, is it the same for BDrebuilder.
I know this probably sounds like a dumb question for most users, but coding and programming is all like magic to me, I just follow instructions.
Thanks
richardrpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2013, 20:37   #16828  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico8583 View Post
No news about angle on Ice Age 4 FR ?
I found the issue. It appears that the number of angles specified in the last playitem of that playlist only had 1 alternate angle, while some of the earlier playitems had 4 (something I didn't think was legal) and the angle count was being reset. I've put in a workaround, and it will be included in the next release.
Old 26th March 2013, 20:56   #16829  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardrpg View Post
Hiddenopts help needed. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post but cant find where to post. I just need some help with increasing AC3 5.1 sound output.In the hidden options.txt there is this option "AUDIO_AMPLIFY= n n = v" All other options have a numeric value for "n" but audio amplification has a "v" if I want to increase output by 50% above normal, what would I put by "n" I've seen in posts regarding DVDrebuilder that they would use for eg. 1.5 for a 50% increase, is it the same for BDrebuilder.
I know this probably sounds like a dumb question for most users, but coding and programming is all like magic to me, I just follow instructions.
Thanks
Yes. A 1.2 will give a 20% increase. 1.5 would be a 50% increase, .8 will give a 20% decrease, etc. Be careful, as raising the volume a lot can create clipping if it makes any portion of the signal go above the maximum volume.
Old 26th March 2013, 21:37   #16830  |  Link
Nico8583

Quote:
I found the issue. It appears that the number of angles specified in the last playitem of that playlist only had 1 alternate angle, while some of the earlier playitems had 4 (something I didn't think was legal) and the angle count was being reset. I've put in a workaround, and it will be included in the next release.
Very good news, you're the best thanks !!
Nico8583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 09:08   #16831  |  Link
sieve

BD Rebuilder was working great, then suddenly started crashing on me last week. I upgraded to the latest version of BDR. No change. I uninstalled and reinstalled BDR and all components. No change. I ran Inspect, and all was OK.

Here's the output from a recent try

[03/27/13] BD Rebuilder v0.43.04 (beta)
[02:57:55] Source: CHRONICLE_OF_A_SUMMER_00001
- Input BD size: 24.80 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:30:50.069]
- Target BD size: 22.95 GB
- Windows Version: 6.2 [9200]
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- AVS Filtering is enabled
- Quality: Highest (Very Slow), Two Pass
- Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=448
- Resuming from previously started job.
[02:57:57] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [02:57:57] Processing: VID_00274 (1 of 1)
- [02:57:57] Reencoding video [VID_00274]
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 130,671 frames
- Bitrate: 32,326 Kbs
- [02:57:57] Reencoding: VID_00274, Pass 1 of 2
- Encode failed. Aborting.
- BD-Rebuilder v0.43.04 (beta)
- Windows Version: 6.2 [9200]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: 1.9.42.1, Ok
- FFDSHOW: 4422, Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- AnyDVD settings check: Ok.
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
[02:58:10] - Failed video encode, aborted

Hopefully someone has some ideas. Thanks in advance
sieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 10:30   #16832  |  Link
richardrpg

Quote:
Yes. A 1.2 will give a 20% increase. 1.5 would be a 50% increase, .8 will give a 20% decrease, etc. Be careful, as raising the volume a lot can create clipping if it makes any portion of the signal go above the maximum volume.
Thanks, I'll keep the clipping in mind
richardrpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2013, 15:00   #16833  |  Link
jdobbs

@!sieve

1. Whenever I see "AVS Filtering is enabled" -- I have to believe that's the most likely candidate for an issue. Disable the filters and try a test run.
2. If that isn't it, reinstall HAALI, AVISYNTH, and FFDSHOW. Sometimes other unfriendly software can "muck" them up and they need to be reinstalled.
Old 27th March 2013, 23:55   #16834  |  Link
sieve

Quote:
@!sieve

1. Whenever I see "AVS Filtering is enabled" -- I have to believe that's the most likely candidate for an issue. Disable the filters and try a test run.
Will try right now...
Old 28th March 2013, 05:22   #16835  |  Link
steveg32

DTS Express Audio works on Panasonic DMP-BD85 standalone.

Like my PowerDVD 10 player, my Pioneer BDP-121 standalone (aka BDP-120) does not playback DTS Express Audio encoded with BD-Rebulilder. So I purchased a used Panasonic DMP-BD85 standalone in good condition on eBay and it does! Both standalones are pre-Cinavia production, but the DMP-BD85 does it all. My cost? $61.99 including S&H to Hawaii. This unit retails new for $299.00 + S&H so I'm very happy with the deal. I'm so pleased with the unit that I purchased another one (won bid at $69.95) to store as a backup because isn't that what we do ... backup!

Btw, after installing the newest firmware versions available for both brands (post-Cinavia release dates) there was no add-on Cinavia effect. My backups still play through to the end UNLIKE on my LG BP620 post-Cinavia standalone. Take care all.

Last edited by steveg32; 28th March 2013 at 13:06.
steveg32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2013, 10:54   #16836  |  Link
varekai

@steveg32

I have that Panasonic DMP-BD85 Blu-ray player, it's a very good player, fast on loading, excellent audio performance!
It's actually loading faster than my Oppo 93.

You should try this if you want to unlock some features and also make it regionfree:

http://www.firmwareinfo.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=258

Beware that it is extremely important that you "apply" for the fimware in a correct way.

regards

Edit/
This topic probably belongs in "Hardware & Software".

Last edited by varekai; 28th March 2013 at 11:19. Reason: wrong thread?
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2013, 14:50   #16837  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveg32 View Post
... does not playback DTS Express Audio encoded with BD-Rebulilder...
Just for the sake of accuracy, BD Rebuilder does not encode DTS Express. It simply extracts it from the original stream and then remuxes it into the new stream during rebuild.
Old 28th March 2013, 17:19   #16838  |  Link
Nico8583

When do you think to release the new version of BD-RB ?
Nico8583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2013, 20:57   #16839  |  Link
sieve

Quote:
Didn't solve it.
It did start pass number one and appeared to get stuck about 18k frames in. It just sat at that point for hours.

I just let it go and went to bed. In the A.M., I noticed that the computer rebooted itself. Presumably the result of a bluescreen. The odd thing is that it shouldn't have been a memory issue - I have 10GB RAM installed.

I've experienced this reboot problem before in recent times since this issue has arisen.

One thing I've also experienced is sometimes BDR will be in the first or second pass, and a Windows error message will pop up saying that the H.264 codec has stopped working. This likely has something to do with the problem I'm experiencing, but I'm admittedly not as knowledgeable as others in debugging.

Quote:
2. If that isn't it, reinstall HAALI, AVISYNTH, and FFDSHOW. Sometimes other unfriendly software can "muck" them up and they need to be reinstalled.
I'll try that next. But I did just uninstall and reinstall them a couple days ago.
Old 28th March 2013, 21:01   #16840  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
I experienced a Run-time Error '6' Overflow when attempting too import the DVD: The Bridge on the River Kwai which I believe has the issue you corrected above. The log is as follows:

Code:
[11:28:58] Importing DVD: BRIDGE_ON_THE_RIVER_KWAI
 - Importing DVD title [1 of 4]
   - Collecting audio/video/subtitle streams...
   - Converting subtitles to BD format...
   - Multiplexing audio/video/subtitles...
 - Importing DVD title [2 of 4]
 - Importing DVD title [3 of 4]
----------------------
[11:35:29] Importing DVD: BRIDGE_ON_THE_RIVER_KWA
 - Importing DVD title [1 of 4]
 - Importing DVD title [2 of 4]
 - Importing DVD title [3 of 4]
The first import was directly from the DVD through anydvd and the second was from files ripped from the hard drive. PC is windows 7 x64.

Thank you for the for the updates!
Well I finally got around to testing this one. I've corrected the runtime error for the next release -- but wow, what a strange disc. The main feature is split into two titles (in two different titlesets) -- and there a couple of smaller titles that are nothing but junk. Even on the original disc if you get past the middle of the movie, you can't rewind back any further than the halfway point.

I think they must be there to make copying difficult. I would suggest you set DVD_IMPORT_THRESHOLD=30 before importing (then remove it afterward) -- and don't try to do a movie-only backup against the import (because you'll only get one of the two titles).

Last edited by jdobbs; 28th March 2013 at 21:11.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote