Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th October 2012, 02:41   #221  |  Link
Vize99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Monte View Post
Viz..Im playing back on an iPad...will it hardcode the SRT, sub file for me? Ipad video viewer does not allow me to turn subs on or off...I think they have to be hardcoded
No, will not not hardcode !
Hardcoding Subs involves a full blown re-encoding thus for 720p or 1080p Material a very substantial quality loss.

This tools manages to produce 'soft-subs' out of your standard SRT Text file (most popular type on the net) which are recognized most of the time by the native video player.

As soon as the native player recognizes Subs, an additional Icon appears on the controls - click it and you can choose language:

Free Image Hosting by imgbox.com

Last edited by Vize99; 24th October 2012 at 21:12. Reason: Changed Pics, corrections
Vize99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 15:49   #222  |  Link
oreons
MkvToMp4 author

rcrh,
Try in the video track properties turn off VFR checkbox.

jibjibjib,

Quote:
- When searching for a TV Show, take the Episode Name and apply that to both the Name field under the Video tab and the TV Episode ID field under the TV Show tab. Right now, that name only gets populated in the Name field under the Video tab, so I end up needing to copy the name from the video tab to the tv show tab for every single episode I convert. Otherwise the TV Episode ID is left empty by default. If I leave TV Episode ID empty in the tool, then iTunes just uses what looks like the file name instead, which doesn't look right. If you could make the episode title show up in both fields, then I wouldn't need to manually copy the text and the episode title would show up correctly in iTunes automatically with no additional work required.
Apple in the "TV Episode ID" not entered the name of the episode. There is entered ID number.

Quote:
- Give me an option to turn off chapter support globally.
ok
Quote:
- (Less important, but would still be awesome) For TV Shows, automatically populate the Album field with the TV Show name (same text as TV Show field).
Fill in the field Album of name of the episode? Also not quite correct ...
oreons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2012, 16:36   #223  |  Link
Mr. Monte

Vize99,

Thanks for all your responses. Problem is I have to be able to watch with subs while having no internet access (I use my iPad to watch movies/TV shows on planes). So I was looking for a way to have subtitles available when need be with the iPad video player..or a better iPad video player that supports subs.
Mr. Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2012, 22:23   #224  |  Link
Vize99

Mr. Monte,
doesn't really matter if the file is local on Ipad or on the network.

Repack incl. subtitle, add the .m4v file to Itunes Library and instead of streaming over network you simply copy/sync the file to your Ipad.
Remainder "same same" as before.

Just double checked this with a quick sample and yes - no difference.

As for other players with better subtitle support - there are plenty -but despite the many promises: "can play everything..." the Ipad 2 simply lacks the power for software decoding of 720p or 1080p Movies.
In addition with the CPU under heavy strain, the battery drains quickly (effects are debated though), so not ideal for watching on a plane

Edit: Off Topic again...last time
There is supposed to be one though: www....
Quote: "XBMC directly competes with some of Apple’s core products and has been rejected from inclusion in the App Store. The only way to enjoy the awesomeness that is XBMC is to jailbreak your device and download it directly from the XBMC repository".
Just gave it a try on an Iphone 4 and have to agree with the common hype - this App alone makes you think twice about jailbreaking.
Plays stutter-free 720p mkv with dts + external srt subtitles with full HW support over network smb share on an old spare Iphone 4 ! - no wonder Apple kicked it from the store
Relying on my phone & pad (occasionally) for work, I am too much a coward to JB anything but an old spare device though, but performance on an Ipad 2 should be at least equal.

Last edited by Vize99; 29th October 2012 at 02:54. Reason: added screenshots
Vize99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2012, 05:31   #225  |  Link
Mr. Monte

Thanks viz..will try it again..appreciate all the explaination
Mr. Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2012, 11:07   #226  |  Link
Mixer73

Hey there, I'm trying to use this program and getting the following error:

Quote:
Starting Mp4Box with the parameters:
Tools\MP4Box\MP4Box.exe -new -delay 1=1 -add "Temp\video.264":fps=29.970:lang=eng:name="" -add "C:/Program Files (x86)/MkvToMp4/Temp/Americas.Most.Secret.Structures_internal_audio_2.m4a"#1:fps=29.970:lang=eng:name="" -add "C:/Program Files (x86)/MkvToMp4/Temp/Americas.Most.Secret.Structures_internal_audio_2.AC3"#1:fps=29.970:lang=eng:name="" -itags tool="MkvToMp4 [www.mkvtomp4.ru] version 0.221a" "C:/Americas.Most.Secret.Structures\Americas.Most.Secret.Structures.mp4"
Cannot find file Temp\video.264
Error importing Temp\video.264:fps=29.970:lang=eng:name=: Requested URL is not valid or cannot be found
Mp4Box terminated with error: 1
Any suggestions?
Mixer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2012, 12:05   #227  |  Link
oreons
MkvToMp4 author

Mixer73,
Move the program to another directory (not in Program files)
Old 2nd November 2012, 11:57   #228  |  Link
techreactor

Is it possible to put Playbook profile as one of the presets. Below are the optimal settings for Playbook Video/Audio.

Quote:
BlackBerry PlayBook Feature Details
Screen size 1024x600 WSVGA
Pixel density 169 ppi

Recommendations for optimal local playback
Container MP4
Video codec H.264 High Profile @ 720p (1280x720)
Audio codec AAC LC Stereo 5.1
Dont think its very different from Ipad/phone playback. Read all the pages and tool has a great feedback, looking forward to use this for Playbook playback.
techreactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 02:59   #229  |  Link
Zorro70

please please please can you add a splitter so i can split files into 4GB chunks to fit onto a fat32 usb pen.

This would make it the best xbox 360 mp4 converter on the market!!!!
Zorro70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2012, 08:27   #230  |  Link
Animaniac

Oh my goodness! This tool is amazing. I was about to try to kludge together my own script to do something similar to this, but this is simply a thousand times better. Thanks so much!

One request--When I have Blurays/MKVs with DTS, I would like to make a M4V keeping the DTS (for archive). So, there would be three audio tracks: 1) original DTS, 2) AC3 5.1 (for AppleTV, etc.) and 3) AAC 2.0 (for iOS, etc.). Is it possible to do this already? I think have a workaround, where I ask your tool to use the source audio a second time. Is there a better way or could this be a feature request to keep the original audio when it is DTS? I hope that makes sense.

Thanks again!
Animaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2012, 14:55   #231  |  Link
oreons
MkvToMp4 author

Version 0.222 http://www.mediafire.com/?15157ofp7p15duj

New in version:
1. Search tags and artworks in iTunes database.

Loading detailed information and artworks.

The artwork can be saved to the file if it is necessary outside of the program.

Process is analogous for movies.

Movies that were found in iTunes, but not found in moviedb, marked iTunes.

For downloading data from iTunes responsible flags in the setup:

Load tags from iTunes. Flag permits to download information.
Auto load artworks from iTunes. If the flag is set, then automatically selects the correct iTunes artwork of the season or a movie. In the artwork list you not need to choose.
Load description from iTunes. If the flag is on, the description and the name is taken from itunes, and not from tvdb (moviedb). The description will be in English.

IMPORTANT. You must wait until artworks downloading before you click the Save button. Otherwise, the artwork will not set automatically.

2. Added German Language. Thank Vlaves for translation into German.

3. Separation ratings by country.
Possible to disable unnecessary ratings lists.

4. Keep the original file date.

5. The ability to break into chapters on time.

6. When editing the tags to navigate through files on the keyboard ALT + arrow, the cursor remains in the edit box and it gets selected.

7. Saving the GPS coordinates from the original file (written to comment tag)

8. Ability to disable the mp4 atom correction

9. Ability to disable the loading chapters from the original file
Old 14th November 2012, 20:42   #232  |  Link
fantasmanegro

does mkvtomp4 support vobsub?...
fantasmanegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012, 08:24   #233  |  Link
oreons
MkvToMp4 author

fantasmanegro,

No. Only srt, ass, ssa, ttxt subs.
Old 15th November 2012, 11:45   #234  |  Link
manolito

Thanks a lot for the new version...
Very competent German translation, too

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012, 19:11   #235  |  Link
whiskey
Drunken munky

Is there an option to split final file lets say into half equal chunks or something similar ? If yes where is it located lol
whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2012, 03:05   #236  |  Link
Pharaoh i7

Could anyone help me out to get nero to always transcode in he aac while trans-coding video files to mp4 with this tool
Pharaoh i7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2012, 14:06   #237  |  Link
Geminiman

According to the docs for the m4v file format it supports holding DTS, TrueHD and DTS-HD.

What I'd like to accomplish with this tool is the following:

Remux the video without alteration

then for audio:

Always make sure there is an AC-3 track no matter what (and eliminate any aac tracks) and if there is a multi-channel source track that can be used make it a 5.1 track. If there is already an ac-3 5.1 track pass it through.

Add an AC-3 2 channel as well if a 5.1 can be created or passed through. If there is already an ac-3 2 channel track pass it through.

If there is a DTS, DTS-HD, or True-HD pass it through as well.

So if I had a file that came from MKV and had video + TrueHD it would result in the following:

Video
TrueHD track pass through
AC-3 5.1 channel (converted from the TrueHD)
AC-3 2.0 channel (pro logic 2) (converted from the TrueHD)

If I had an MKV with TrueHD + AC-3 (5.1) it would result in the same but would pass through the True HD and the AC-3 and create the AC-3 2.0 automatically.

If I had MKV with AC-3 (5.1) only it would create:
Video
AC-3 5.1 (pass through)
AC-3 2.0

DTS would end up with DTS + AC-3 stuff obviously.

If there was only a 2 channel audio track available in my language then there would only be ac-3 (2.0) either passed through or converted to Ac-3.

Basically I want to keep the higher def tracks if available, and always make sure that the resulting file has AC-3 5.1 and 2.0 as well for various players.

Is this doable? Or can it be doable?
Geminiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2012, 14:10   #238  |  Link
Geminiman

Also as a separate request, can we add Folder monitoring (with recursion) so the app can be left running and if a file that is in mkv shows up in the directory it will auto convert?

I'd like to have multiple directories and a preset for destination directory for each file created.

So if it's a movie it goes to a sub folder named after the name of the movie with the year XXXX (2008).m4v as an example.

And if the file going into the directory was already an mp4 or m4v, just copy it in to the right spot for me.

and of course it would be awesome if this tool could handle wtv (ffmepg supports it I believe!) in H264 and would also handle automatically converting WTV MPEG2 to m4v with all of the options above and directory monitoring. Same for dvr-ms files and m2ts....

If you could just set what you want the result to be for the file and it automatically figured out how to get to that result this program would be AWESOME. Adding directory monitoring would take it to an entirely new level!

Last edited by Guest; 24th November 2012 at 16:53. Reason: rule 6: no discussion of downloaded files
Geminiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 00:51   #239  |  Link
Animaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geminiman View Post
According to the docs for the m4v file format it supports holding DTS, TrueHD and DTS-HD.

What I'd like to accomplish with this tool is the following:

Remux the video without alteration

then for audio:

Always make sure there is an AC-3 track no matter what (and eliminate any aac tracks) and if there is a multi-channel source track that can be used make it a 5.1 track. If there is already an ac-3 5.1 track pass it through.

Add an AC-3 2 channel as well if a 5.1 can be created or passed through. If there is already an ac-3 2 channel track pass it through.

If there is a DTS, DTS-HD, or True-HD pass it through as well.

So if I had a file that came from MKV and had video + TrueHD it would result in the following:

Video
TrueHD track pass through
AC-3 5.1 channel (converted from the TrueHD)
AC-3 2.0 channel (pro logic 2) (converted from the TrueHD)

If I had an MKV with TrueHD + AC-3 (5.1) it would result in the same but would pass through the True HD and the AC-3 and create the AC-3 2.0 automatically.

If I had MKV with AC-3 (5.1) only it would create:
Video
AC-3 5.1 (pass through)
AC-3 2.0

DTS would end up with DTS + AC-3 stuff obviously.

If there was only a 2 channel audio track available in my language then there would only be ac-3 (2.0) either passed through or converted to Ac-3.

Basically I want to keep the higher def tracks if available, and always make sure that the resulting file has AC-3 5.1 and 2.0 as well for various players.

Is this doable? Or can it be doable?
This is exactly what I had in mind with my question above. It would be great if we could automatically pass through DTS and create AC3 (with AAC) so that could retain the DTS original for future compatibility and still have AC3 for Apple TV and AAC for iDevices. Thanks!
Animaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2012, 13:32   #240  |  Link
oreons
MkvToMp4 author

Until mp4box does not support DTS, TrueHD, etc.. And mkvtomp4 will not add these tracks to mp4.

Tags
mkv, mkvtomp4, mp4, repack, video