Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 21st September 2010, 00:33   #9601  |  Link
KeVe1983
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Are you resizing to 720p? That usually is the issue when forced subs don't follow through.
No i don't!
Why should i resize for a BD25?

Dont knwoi what the problem is.
Will try with 34.11 again, but i think it doesn't solve the problem.
KeVe1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 01:48   #9602  |  Link
StHapns247

Quote:
When you see it as a data disc, it almost always is an issue with the way you burned it (Imgburn settings) -- either that, or the disc itself is a problem.

I have 28 Days Later, and have successfully backed it up before. So I'll run it again and see if any of the recent badly-authored-source sync updates have created a new issue.
So the 28 Days Later issue isn't as bad as I thought. When watching in my PS3 the syncing is not so bad, it was mostly watching in my PC before I burnt it that I noticed it.

However, the data disc problem still exists. I'm using Verbatim DVDs, like I have used to burn dozens of other discs with, and ImgBurn using UDF 2.5 which I have always used.

Any thoughts?
StHapns247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 03:17   #9603  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StHapns247 View Post
So the 28 Days Later issue isn't as bad as I thought. When watching in my PS3 the syncing is not so bad, it was mostly watching in my PC before I burnt it that I noticed it.

However, the data disc problem still exists. I'm using Verbatim DVDs, like I have used to burn dozens of other discs with, and ImgBurn using UDF 2.5 which I have always used.

Any thoughts?
None from me. It is working for me... I burn at least two or three a day in testing.
Old 21st September 2010, 03:21   #9604  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeVe1983 View Post
No i don't!
Why should i resize for a BD25?

Dont knwoi what the problem is.
Will try with 34.11 again, but i think it doesn't solve the problem.
Well excuse me. I was just trying to help -- and that was the only circumstance in which I've ever seen that happen. The other possibility is that they are not selected. I'd suggest you set the BD-RB to keep all subs. They don't take up much space anyway. The one you want (forced subs) is probably being left out.
Old 21st September 2010, 10:29   #9605  |  Link
sidneysides

Quote:
Please let me know if this corrects your problem. If so, I may make that part of the initial registry setup.
Hi jdobbs - no, still getting a crash with wavi.exe. It crashes as soon as it gets to reencoding the audio track on a stream where LPCM 2ch Stereo is present. If I deselect any LPCM streams it runs fine.

Hope you can help
Cheers
sidneysides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 13:36   #9606  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneysides View Post
Hi jdobbs - no, still getting a crash with wavi.exe. It crashes as soon as it gets to reencoding the audio track on a stream where LPCM 2ch Stereo is present. If I deselect any LPCM streams it runs fine.

Hope you can help
Cheers
I'm not sure what to say. It works here.
Old 21st September 2010, 14:07   #9607  |  Link
KeVe1983
Banned

Quote:
Well excuse me. I was just trying to help -- and that was the only circumstance in which I've ever seen that happen. The other possibility is that they are not selected. I'd suggest you set the BD-RB to keep all subs. They don't take up much space anyway. The one you want (forced subs) is probably being left out.
I always select all subtitles.
Checked with TSMuxer and all Subtitle Streams are there but not showing up while playing
KeVe1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 19:59   #9608  |  Link
ATHLONX2

wavi.exe crash

Hi I seem to have the same problem with LPCM audio. I have changed FFDSHOW audio uncompressed to all as you have suggested but it still crashes WAVI.EXE. Hope you can resolve this problem.

Thanks for a great program.

Steve.
ATHLONX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 21:23   #9609  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeVe1983 View Post
I always select all subtitles. Checked with TSMuxer and all Subtitle Streams are there but not showing up while playing
I reported a not dissimilar issue a couple of pages ago.

In other news, last night 0.34.11 made a movie-only backup of the German release of Stallone's "Lock up" with audio rather severely out of sync.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 22:57   #9610  |  Link
StHapns247

Quote:
None from me. It is working for me... I burn at least two or three a day in testing.
After a fresh rebuild with BD Rebuilder of the Pixar Shorts disc I tried to use AVCHD Patcher on the index.bdmv file and it says "This file is not correct format."

I am guessing this is why it is showing up as a data disc in my PS3. Does BD Rebuilder touch the index.bdmv file or is that carried over from the source unmodified?
Old 21st September 2010, 23:06   #9611  |  Link
setarip_old

@StHapns247

A question previously asked that you've not answered:

Is your system overclocked?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 23:15   #9612  |  Link
StHapns247

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@StHapns247

A question previously asked that you've not answered:

Is your system overclocked?
Sorry, I didn't know I was asked this. No, I am not overclocked.

I also missed a few questions by jdobbs some how:

No updates that I am aware of. Old burns still work fine in my PS3 and I managed to get 28 Days Later working fine when I patched the index file. However, this stubborn Pixar Shorts blu-ray doesn't allow me to patch the file, AVCHD says it is not a valid file.

And the way I have it set is to have BR Rebuilder use ImgBurn to create the ISO file that I later burn after the rebuild is complete. That's how I've been doing it since I started using the program.

Is there a recommended version of ImgBurn. I may have upgraded if it prompted me that there was a new version, but I do not specifically recall 1) what version I'm running at any given time and 2) if it did get upgraded recently.
Old 22nd September 2010, 01:25   #9613  |  Link
worknstiff

@StHapns247: Quote: After a fresh rebuild with BD Rebuilder of the Pixar Shorts disc.

Good luck with this particular disk. This one is quite a puzzler of a CF (cluster f***). It is authored in such a way that even though it is only about 50 minutes of actual content it is laid out in about 6 different playlists that adds up to about 5 hours of stuff. It has like 5 tracks of only english LPCM audio for a 2 minute clip that has no dialog anyhow. Then you get to the next clip and it's in english, spanish and french ac3 and has subtitles + directors commentary in another 3 languages. I tried about 4 different ways to do this disk and finally decided to just split off the 13 separate clips and create a simple menu with multiAVCHD. Then I used BD_Rebuilder to get the size down to a BD-5 and after all that I had spent so much time previewing it I didn't need to watch it anymore, lol. If you figure out a better way then be sure to post it because I would love to see a way to create a working disk out of this mixed up mess, it's a wonder that the STB can even figure out what to do with it let alone BD_Rebuilder. Good luck, worknstiff
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 01:34   #9614  |  Link
jdobbs

I didn't have any problems with it. But then again I think I did a full BD=25 backup.
Old 22nd September 2010, 01:34   #9615  |  Link
StHapns247

Quote:
Originally Posted by worknstiff View Post
@StHapns247: Quote: After a fresh rebuild with BD Rebuilder of the Pixar Shorts disc.

Good luck with this particular disk. This one is quite a puzzler of a CF (cluster f***). It is authored in such a way that even though it is only about 50 minutes of actual content it is laid out in about 6 different playlists that adds up to about 5 hours of stuff. It has like 5 tracks of only english LPCM audio for a 2 minute clip that has no dialog anyhow. Then you get to the next clip and it's in english, spanish and french ac3 and has subtitles + directors commentary in another 3 languages. I tried about 4 different ways to do this disk and finally decided to just split off the 13 separate clips and create a simple menu with multiAVCHD. Then I used BD_Rebuilder to get the size down to a BD-5 and after all that I had spent so much time previewing it I didn't need to watch it anymore, lol. If you figure out a better way then be sure to post it because I would love to see a way to create a working disk out of this mixed up mess, it's a wonder that the STB can even figure out what to do with it let alone BD_Rebuilder. Good luck, worknstiff
Haha, awesome. Maybe I will go the multiAVCHD route... Maybe I'll save my time.

Thanks for the response though, def saved me time and frustration.
Old 22nd September 2010, 10:55   #9616  |  Link
colinhunt

I ran another movie-only backup of Stallone's Lock Up last night, this time with LAVF instead of FFDShow. Same result: audio is badly out of sync.

Feeding the original movie file to MediaInfo revealed something I don't remember seeing on a Blu-ray before. Here's the details of the first audio track:

Code:
Audio #1
ID                               : 4352 (0x1100)
Menu ID                          : 1 (0x1)
Format                           : DTS
Format/Info                      : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile                   : MA
Muxing mode                      : Stream extension
Duration                         : 1h 48mn
Bit rate mode                    : Variable
Channel(s)                       : 6 channels
Channel positions                : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                        : 24 bits
Video delay                      : 624ms
624 milliseconds sounds about right for how much the audio is out of sync on the movie-only backup. That same delay is listed for every audio track.
Old 22nd September 2010, 14:34   #9617  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
I ran another movie-only backup of Stallone's Lock Up last night, this time with LAVF instead of FFDShow. Same result: audio is badly out of sync.

Feeding the original movie file to MediaInfo revealed something I don't remember seeing on a Blu-ray before. Here's the details of the first audio track:

Code:
Audio #1
ID                               : 4352 (0x1100)
Menu ID                          : 1 (0x1)
Format                           : DTS
Format/Info                      : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile                   : MA
Muxing mode                      : Stream extension
Duration                         : 1h 48mn
Bit rate mode                    : Variable
Channel(s)                       : 6 channels
Channel positions                : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                        : 24 bits
Video delay                      : 624ms
624 milliseconds sounds about right for how much the audio is out of sync on the movie-only backup. That same delay is listed for every audio track.
Does it go out-of-sync with v0.34.9, .10 and .11? Is it a multi-part movie that you are doing in movie-only mode?

There are lots of movies with delayed audio start, I don't know why they do that -- BD Rebuilder checks them and adjusts. What I'm trying to determine is if the new code I added in .10 and .11 somehow affected actions related to the delay scan.

Last edited by jdobbs; 22nd September 2010 at 14:55.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 15:14   #9618  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Does it go out-of-sync with v0.34.9, .10 and .11? Is it a multi-part movie that you are doing in movie-only mode?
Playlist 00000.MPLS, which is the main movie, contains two M2TS files. First up is 00007.M2TS which is Canal Studio's 21 second long logoanimation. It's 1080p24.00 like the main movie, but has no audio delay, according to MediaInfo. The movie itself resides in 00000.M2TS which plays after 00007.M2TS.

I'm running a test now where I remuxed original 00000.M2TS with tsmuxer to a Blu-ray, thus getting rid of the Canal Studio logo, and compressing tsmuxer's output with BDRB 0.34.11. Once that is done, I'll run the movie-only backup with 0.34.9 and .10.

I did the previous attempts using the slowest quality mode. Will it affect the result if I use High Speed option when testing 0.34.9 and .10, or should I run them at slowest as well?
Old 22nd September 2010, 16:18   #9619  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
Playlist 00000.MPLS, which is the main movie, contains two M2TS files. First up is 00007.M2TS which is Canal Studio's 21 second long logoanimation. It's 1080p24.00 like the main movie, but has no audio delay, according to MediaInfo. The movie itself resides in 00000.M2TS which plays after 00007.M2TS.

I'm running a test now where I remuxed original 00000.M2TS with tsmuxer to a Blu-ray, thus getting rid of the Canal Studio logo, and compressing tsmuxer's output with BDRB 0.34.11. Once that is done, I'll run the movie-only backup with 0.34.9 and .10.

I did the previous attempts using the slowest quality mode. Will it affect the result if I use High Speed option when testing 0.34.9 and .10, or should I run them at slowest as well?
The quality choice should have no affect on audio sync.

In the last two versions there was code added that looks at leading M2TS files and adjusts the audio when there is:

1. No audio
2. Audio that is longer than the clip.

My guess is that the new code isn't catching something in that disc because of the combination of the lead-in and the audio delay. If you remove the lead-in, it will alter the affect and even though it may work, it won't help in debugging it.

I'll have to look around and see if I can find that disc locally...

Last edited by jdobbs; 22nd September 2010 at 16:25.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 16:24   #9620  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
In the last two versions there was code added that looks at leading M2TS files
Ah, "leading M2TS files", that sounds like the culprit. Since the Studio Canal clip has zero delay, BDRB probably dismisses the audio delay of the actual main movie m2ts. Well, once this test is done (30 minutes to go), I'll skip right back to 0.34.9 and have it run the movie-only backup.

Quote:
I'll have to look around and see if I can find that disc locally...
This is the German release, so...

edit: Audio sync is fine on the tsremux -> BDRB recompressed output without Canal Studio logo.

Last edited by colinhunt; 22nd September 2010 at 17:11.