Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 26th October 2015, 23:36   #3741  |  Link
djsolidsnake86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamland View Post
I think MPDN is the best player for quality video ! great!
doesn't support madvr
what is the output?
djsolidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2015, 23:57   #3742  |  Link
Dreamland

Madvr + MPC-HC is very good..but has not the same quality video of MPDN
my opinion watching in my Eizo monitor
(excuse me for my bad english ) I.m italian

Last edited by Dreamland; 27th October 2015 at 00:00.
Dreamland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2015, 23:58   #3743  |  Link
djsolidsnake86

Quote:
Madvr + MPC-HC is a very good..but has not the same quality video of MPDN
my opinion
come fai a dirlo?
how do you know that
djsolidsnake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 00:10   #3744  |  Link
Dreamland

mettendo a confronto un video con Madvr + MPC-HC e lo stesso video con MPDN
piu contrasto, colori piu vivi,l'immagine sembra anche piu pulita e fluida..
tanti settaggi con Madvr ma MPDN è uscita sempre vincente
(sempre secondo me)
se vuoi sapere i miei settaggi , te li dico senza problemi

Last edited by Dreamland; 27th October 2015 at 00:15.
Dreamland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 05:09   #3745  |  Link
burfadel

Quote:
Madvr + MPC-HC is very good..but has not the same quality video of MPDN
my opinion watching in my Eizo monitor
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsolidsnake86 View Post
how do you know that
I'm sure he is well aware oh his own opinion of things . Dreamland, what you said makes perfect sense, and I agree!

@Zachs
That new issue I mentioned a couple of posts back, I can't seem to replicate it now! It was doing it without fail last night, but now I just can't seem to get it to do it with the same settings. I haven't restarted my computer or done anything else in the meantime, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

If anyone at all has the issue of the video pausing but audio continuing when going from windowed mode to exclusive mode (only happened when certain settings were selected) please report it. Issues will only be fixed if they are known!
burfadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 06:36   #3746  |  Link
burfadel

Okay, seems to be a bit temperamental. If I go to windows mode, do something on the computer like write this out in Chrome), then go back to the player and put it in exclusive mode, it may have paused video playback with the sound continuing, but it's not consistent. However, it doesn't seem to do it at all without the two settings I mentioned earlier selected. It's a difficult one to reproduce! I'm sure the first time it happened that I didn't have Chrome or anything open...
Old 27th October 2015, 07:57   #3747  |  Link
Anima123

burfadel, would you please try rebooting OS and see if this problem is still there? Sometimes rebooting can solve some kind of odd ones.
Anima123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 23:31   #3748  |  Link
Zachs
Suptitle, MediaPlayer.NET

Does it happen if you enter FSE mode with alt enter?
Zachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 10:37   #3749  |  Link
ryrynz

Encountered a few situations where switching between windowed and FSE modes results in the picture freezing and audio continuing. I've had it when going either way.
When performing a double click again to fix it the video then stutters quite badly for a few seconds before playing back as normal.
New windowed mode, D3D9Ex, HD Graphics 4000. Thought I'd mention it here before doing any further investigation into D3D modes, different systems etc.

I've also experienced a second or so pause of the video occasionally after seeking whilst using the arrow keys, the audio has no delay.

Anyone else experienced either of these?

Last edited by ryrynz; 28th October 2015 at 10:41.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 11:40   #3750  |  Link
burfadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Encountered a few situations where switching between windowed and FSE modes results in the picture freezing and audio continuing. I've had it when going either way.
When performing a double click again to fix it the video then stutters quite badly for a few seconds before playing back as normal.
New windowed mode, D3D9Ex, HD Graphics 4000. Thought I'd mention it here before doing any further investigation into D3D modes, different systems etc.

I've also experienced a second or so pause of the video occasionally after seeking whilst using the arrow keys, the audio has no delay.

Anyone else experienced either of these?
Yes, me! The first one at least. I'm using Direct3D 11, R9-280X, exclusive mode etc, but the symptoms sound identical. It seems to be a bit hard to reproduce though, it doesn't happen all the time.

Under options --> general, do you have either of the resize options selected, if so, which?

Also, do you have any option at all selected under 'Audio Renderer' --> 'Audio Script'?

If so to any of the above, set audio script to 'none' and see if the behaviour continues. If so, try deselecting the resize options and see if the problem is resolved. The reason for this is a crash bug was recently fixed that affected these options, but I believe there is still some residual related 'buggyness'...

Of course, if your trials regarding these settings prove fruitful, report back which one was the offending options for you. Unfortunately for me it only occurs sometimes, which makes testing difficult. It is an annoying bug though!
Old 28th October 2015, 12:04   #3751  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by burfadel View Post
Under options --> general, do you have either of the resize options selected, if so, which?
They are both selected right now, because I deleted MPDN's config for testing, so they're at defaults. I don't usually keep those enabled so I think it's unlikely they're related as I've experienced this before.. but we'll see.

Quote:
Also, do you have any option at all selected under 'Audio Renderer' --> 'Audio Script'?
Nope.

Quote:
The reason for this is a crash bug was recently fixed that affected these options, but I believe there is still some residual related 'buggyness'...
I'm aware of it.

Quote:
Of course, if your trials regarding these settings prove fruitful, report back which one was the offending options for you.
Of course.

I'm replicating the seek freeze consistently but it does require a number of attempts for it to happen. It occurs in both Windowed mode and Exclusive.
What happens is when seeking the image freezes at a particular point but the audio has seeked further back. When the audio catches up to the point where the image is at, then MPDN continues playing like normal.
I have disabled fluidmotion, it's not related to that or the resize options.

*Both issues occur in 3555 as well*

Also had the FSE freeze as well, both resize options are unticked at this point, no scripts are active. Seems to happen quite often after the video is paused in windowed mode and then playback is resumed in FSE.
I'm getting both these issues consistently, they shouldn't be too hard for Zach to find.

Hey Zach, when Lock to video aspect ratio is enabled and I stretch the right side of the frame the window keeps it's left side position steady. If I stretch the left side the window jumps out to wherever I stretched the left side out to.

Last edited by ryrynz; 28th October 2015 at 12:35.
Old 28th October 2015, 13:04   #3752  |  Link
burfadel

Ah ok. Yeah I just experienced it again a second ago. Video does not play, but audio continues. Moving the progress bar the picture changed of course, but was a still picture still , but audio played normally. I guess it would be easier if it threw a crash to track it through event manager, or that it was easily reproducible. Your setup is completely different to mine, I do believe though it is related to the recent fix as it wasn't happening before for me.
Old 28th October 2015, 15:06   #3753  |  Link
burfadel

Well, was experiencing it enough to try disabled 'Resize windows to fit when opening media', no go. Because it doesn't happen all the time for me it was seemingly hard to test. However, I've tested all combinations of settings of what was causing the now fixed crash in v2.45.0, and disabling them of course (which stopped it crashing previously) and it still happens. This confirms what ryrynz said above. I suspect though it is still related to the crash fix.

Last edited by burfadel; 28th October 2015 at 15:16.
Old 29th October 2015, 04:47   #3754  |  Link
burfadel

Sorry for the third post in a row, since it's a different 'issue' I've made a separate post about it.

I notice that sometimes after playing files MPDN seems to stay in memory even if you close it off. If you look in task manager, under 'Details' tab, it shows programs in memory. If you sort it by name (by clicking on name) if not already in alphabetical order, you may see 'MediaPlayerDotNet.exe' even if you have already closed it off. If it is still there it uses much less memory than normal.

Can anyone else confirm that it still shows after closing, after playing media files? Issues can only be fixed if people report them, and more so if others confirm that such issues exist . Not sure what causes it, whether it happens with only certain media files, or whether you have to watch a certain amount first, changed files etc. It's more so whether other people see the issue after closing with normal use. Thanks!
Old 29th October 2015, 06:12   #3755  |  Link
ryrynz

Closing down fine here. I think I recall a number of times where I had to wait a bit before relaunching MPDN as it wouldn't load again while it was still in memory, but I haven't experienced anything recently.
Might want to rename your config folder and give it another shot and see if it still happens and then if so, see if you can't narrow it down. Any particular types of files, play times? etc.
Old 29th October 2015, 07:44   #3756  |  Link
burfadel

It's not all the time, I've noticed it only a couple of times. Might be after playing a MPEG-2 stream (from recorded TV shows) to playing h.264 media etc... then going between full screen and windows etc. Not entirely sure, like the other issue of the picture freezing it only occurs some of the time it's probably hard to track down. I believe it only has happened recently. Could be related to the picture freezing issue? That is, might only happen after that has occurred?
Old 30th October 2015, 07:56   #3757  |  Link
Zachs

Hi guys just a heads up. If you haven't noticed I've been away but will be back end of next week. I won't be able to do much in the mean time but please do continue to provide more info as it would make it easier for be to reproduce the problems.

I've noticed MPDN not terminating before and found it was due to xysubfilter, so try disabling that to begin with. It is directshow filter related.
Old 30th October 2015, 23:34   #3758  |  Link
aufkrawall

Funny thing, I've noticed this for the second time: After installing the latest Windows 10 updates, MPDN needs longer to start.
Reinstalling it shortens the start times to the normal numbers.
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2015, 18:41   #3759  |  Link
elraffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by elraffa View Post
Hi Zachs..I would like to ask if you could incorporate an option to stretch hardcoded videos in MPDN.. I have a small monitor and films with black bands are too small for me.. In potplayer there is an option to do this (frame height +)
Hi zachs, please dont forget my request
elraffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2015, 08:17   #3760  |  Link
Zachs

Quote:
Yes, me! The first one at least. I'm using Direct3D 11, R9-280X, exclusive mode etc, but the symptoms sound identical. It seems to be a bit hard to reproduce though, it doesn't happen all the time.

If so to any of the above, set audio script to 'none' and see if the behaviour continues. If so, try deselecting the resize options and see if the problem is resolved. The reason for this is a crash bug was recently fixed that affected these options, but I believe there is still some residual related 'buggyness'...

Of course, if your trials regarding these settings prove fruitful, report back which one was the offending options for you. Unfortunately for me it only occurs sometimes, which makes testing difficult. It is an annoying bug though!
Hi guys,

Test build 3560 is now available. I haven't been able to replicate the issue but I did find a couple of problems with the code that might've contributed to the issue. Let me know if it fixes the problem for you.

Tags
direct3d, mpdn, nnedi3, opencl, reclock