Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 20th November 2011, 16:04   #11041  |  Link
pankov

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that there was a registry option that can turn on the acceleration in normal DirectShow applications too.
Sorry but I don't remember it exactly but it's either in this thread or in one of the LAV Filters/CUVID ones.
pankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2011, 16:04   #11042  |  Link
Portioli
Continuous Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankov View Post

very simple - use the Microsoft decoder provided with your OS
Unfortunately not.

I was asking about 1080i with vc1.

Ms decoder supports only weave that means no deinterlace.

Till now only cyberlink can (sw) deinterlace vc1 - no support of mpc or ffdshow.

I was asking if madvr decoder & dxva can also support proper vc1 1080i.
Portioli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2011, 16:08   #11043  |  Link
pankov

can you point me to a test clip so I can test locally.
I'm pretty sure the MS decoder works but I could be wrong because I've been using LAV CUVID for a long time now.
Old 20th November 2011, 16:16   #11044  |  Link
e-t172

I have some questions about RGB24 input:

- Is madVR able to detect automatically (i.e. from the actual content) whether the RGB input is full range (0-255) or limited range (16-235)?
- What's the exact processing chain with RGB input compared to YUV input? I expect some processing steps to be bypassed, but which ones exactly?

I know this was discussed a while ago, but I don't remember the conclusions. Considering madVR's behavior with RGB changed between versions, I must say I'm a little confused right now.
e-t172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2011, 18:17   #11045  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacemaker1000 View Post
2.7 dual core cpu and current ati 4650 and i can run MadVR for everything other than 1080 stuff
will a new nvidia card enable me to do 1080 if i enable Cuvid?
What's the problem with the current PC? Is the CPU too slow for software decoding? Even with CoreAVC or DiAVC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBizarre View Post
I was wondering if there is way around a little problem I'm having. Actually it's more of an annoyance than a real problem, but it drives me mad nonetheless.
Every time I start a player, the first file I'm playing gives me correct screen refresh rate (usually ~48Hz, but incorrect composition rate (60 and sometimes 30Hz).
Hmmmm... Does that also happen if you change the refresh rate to the correct rate before loading the video file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe42 View Post
I installed the Intel decoder, and now the clip works fine with madVR doing the decoding.

I noticed that next to the VC-1 checkbox in madVR settings, I can choose either libav or Intel decoder. I actually still have it on libav, but the interlaced VC-1 clip still decodes properly.

Is madVR using libav for non-interlaced VC-1, and automatically choosing Intel decoder for interlaced VC-1?
madVR automatically switches to Intel for interlaced VC-1 content (if the Intel decoder dll is available). In the same way madVR also automatically switches to libav, if you playback a 10bit h264 file, while having "Intel" selected in the madVR settings dialog. You can use Ctrl+J to check which decoder madVR currently uses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansrfe View Post
If I play a clip in exclusive mode on monitor 1 then everything is "frozen" on monitor 2. I'm guessing that is normal behavior but just wanted to confirm since if the reverse happens I can use monitor 1 like normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pankov View Post
I have the same problem but I would not call it "frozen" but rather the application on monitor 2 can't get the focus.
I can move the windows around but they can't become the active application.
Is that a "new" problem (introduced by a recent madVR version)? Or has it always been this way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gser View Post
It's rather late at night. I was hoping to get some sleep first.
No problem. I'd still like to see a screenshot comparison from you, though. You're in a better position to do that because you know what you're looking for. If I do a screenshot comparison then I won't know if I see the difference you were talking about or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrostByte View Post
bug report: resuming from sleep, or switching between single-monitor and extended desktop modes (win+p in vista/7) causes madVR to become very choppy.
Is that a new problem with the latest madVR version? And madVR does not recover after a couple of seconds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatKnight View Post
I have a problem with madVR 0.79 that doesn't happen with 0.78.
As you probably know I use MPC-HC fullscreen refresh rate changer and it has always worked.

But with 0.79, when I play a 24fps movie my LCD starts as 60Hz, then I go fullscreen and the LCD changes to 24Hz but it shows the MPC seek bar kinda out of place, I hear the audio of the movie but no image. I pause and unpause, then I can see the movie, but 2 to 3 seconds later after the movie is already playing, the LCD changes back to 60Hz even though I didn't exit the fullscreen. It should stay at 24Hz.

I go back to 0.78 and all is fine as it has always been.

Did you change anything that could have broke the MPC-HC refresh rate changer?

PS: madVR's refresh rate changer works with 0.79 and mantains the 24HZ throughout the movie. I would like to use your changer, though, if it would allow me to change the rate, only when in going fullscreen.
Hmmmmm... That's weird. Can I have a log file that shows the problematic situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nx6 View Post
The log file says:

Code:
00012657 Render   fullscreen windowed mode, covered by some windows
00012658 Render   madVR window [madVR] "madVR" {0,0,1920,1200}
00012659 Render   covered by explorer.exe window [EdgeUiInputWndClass] {0,1185,15,1200}
00012661 Render   covered by explorer.exe window [EdgeUiInputWndClass] {0,100,1,1100}
00012662 Render   covered by explorer.exe window [ImmersiveLauncher] "Start menu" {0,0,1920,1200}
00012663 Render   covered by explorer.exe window [Snapped Desktop] "Desktop" {0,0,1920,1200}
Not sure what all those explorer windows are, but they seem to cover the madVR rendering window. That's the reason why madVR doesn't switch to exclusive mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaurus View Post
Does the bug also affect the other thing with having to enable the "limit rendering times to avoid glitches" or is it only related to the frame drops?
It's only related to the frame drops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmone View Post
madshi, this version is working really well with JR's MC 17 Videoclock as madvr reports anticipated dropped/repeated frames swinging around by many hours or even days. Since the audio is slaved to madvr would it be worth reporting it as infinity or "slaved" in the OSD?
I don't think that's a good idea. What happens if Videoclock stops working correctly? In that situation the madVR report might show that something is wrong. I believe it's better that madVR measures these things and reports them truthfully, regardless of whether Videoclock is turned on or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey2 View Post
With this update, now my queues do not fill-up, thus I drop frames (unless I drop the scaling Algorithm to something low, like Bilinear.) I went back and forth between .78 and .79 multiple times and am confident that I can only get .78 to work.
What happens if you set both queues to 8 in the madVR settings? Does that make 0.79 behave like 0.78 for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pie1394 View Post
Method1: Cuda deinterlace
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/9...ncudadeint.png

Method2: madVR DXVA2 deinterlace
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9...dxva2deint.png

I did the comparision of single frame by two playback methods. To be honest, the difference is very minor even through I did not capture the exact time frame. Thus the difference could come from the fact that Japanese HDTV contents have very different bit rate distribution among MPEG-2 I / P / B pictures.
I don't see much of a difference. Maybe there is a small one, but that's impossible to judge because it's not an identical frame. Can you post a comparison of the identical frame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlnl View Post
Another strange beast for your zoo .

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43376972/PAL...0artifacts.mkv
PAL SD movie in .mkv.

If it is DXVA deinterlaced, we have a lot of interlacing artefacts.
And "DXVA deinterlacing off" (plain weaving?) does not help.
Thanks, but this looks like a problem with the source file, nothing even the best deinterlacer could fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlb76 View Post
just to clear things out

"use a separate device for presentation" option give any good on xp64 sp2 or can be safely disabled, because i see it says vista and win7 only ?
Changing this setting has no effect on XP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlb76 View Post
and what about "present queue" also on xp64 sp2 ? is it possible to make it > "3" ?
even setting in driver to "4" still limits it to "3"...
Direct3D is limited to 3 backbuffers in XP. Nothing I can do about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6233638 View Post
If I lower the GPU queue to 16 but leave the CPU queue at 32 playback is fine initially with no presentation glitches, but at random it will suddenly start dropping a significant number of frames.

So with Nvidia, at least when running the latest beta drivers, I wouldn't recommend going over 16 at all.
So what final queue sizes did you end up using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by italospain View Post
I am forced to use the Intel IGED Drivers to add a custom Interlaced Resolution for my TV.
madVR works with the Intel GMA Drivers but refuses to work with the IGED Drivers.
Quote:
update

I was able to get it to work with a opengl wrapper but only with the internal Display.
I didn't even know that there are totally different drivers available. madVR has very specific requirements (GPU which has *hardware* support for D3D9 with ShaderModel 3.0). My best guess is that the Intel IGED drivers don't expose hardware support at that level, but I don't really know.

Quote:
One thing i noticed that my custom Resolution is reported as 25 Hz Interlaced with the IGED Drivers but under the GMA Drivers interlaced resolutions are reported as 50 Hz Interlaced.)
That's the same. Some call is 25i, others 50i. Different names for the same thing. The same situation exists for 30i/60i. That's also the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat357 View Post
On certain files I have a lot of dropped frames. Because I have fast hardware (core i7 -970 with GTX-570, W7 SP1), I assumed it is not a performance issue.
The drops also happen if a switch all scaling to bilinear + lower quality settings.
A full log would help (zipped please).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
i've been trying to figure out why my HTPC stopped going into FSE mode, but i couldn't find anything the log regarding a window covering the display or anything like that.
Maybe you can see anything in it?

http://files.1f0.de/madVRnofse.zip

Edit:
Reinstalling MC17 seems to have fixed it for now, but if you still see something in the log, maybe it helps avoid the problem in the future.
Unfortunately the log file only contains the necessary information to analyze exclusive mode failures if you have the debug OSD (Ctrl+J) active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacemaker1000 View Post
i just assumed my pc wasnt fast enough do use madvr with 1080 stuf but yesterday i loaded lav video and it works. why is this when i dont have a nvidia card?
You're not even telling us what the problem was before. Too slow CPU? Too slow GPU? Some other problem? Which decoder were you using before? Etc etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPC-HTPC View Post
At least since the latest build 0.79 I am getting very often a black screen when starting a video in MPC-HC. I already tried to play around with the madVR options, but nothing changed the situation.

The sound of the video is audible, but I do not see the picture. If I press CTRL+ALT+DEL the video sometimes appears (sometimes have to press "Switch to" before), but sometimes MPC-HC closes immediately. I prepared a log, where I opened MPC-HC in fullscreen, the picture was black and MPC-HC closed after pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL.

http://www.mediafire.com/?a538o2rial1gxpl

Maybe this log helps and I would be glad if you could find the reason for this behaviour.
It seems that madVR is not able to detect the display refresh rate, for whatever funny reason. Which GPU are you using with which refresh rate? I'd suggest trying to reinstall the GPU drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastplayer View Post
Fixed in 0.79 after 2.5 years
Oooops, not intentionally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioboxer View Post
When using fullscreen exclusive mode with PotPlayer I can't seem to get the seek bar to show. I have it enabled.

The only thing that will appear upon mouse movement is the potplayer controls which takes the player back into windowed mode.
How old is your PotPlayer version? Newer builds have support for madVR's OSD interface, which means that you should be able to get PotPlayer's seekbar without madVR having to go back to windowed mode. Maybe you need to tweak your PotPlayer settings a bit? Sorry, I'm not a PotPlayer expert. Maybe someone else can help out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portioli View Post
a couple of questions to all,

Does dxva2 de-interlace work with VC1 1080i50?
DXVA2 deinterlacing does not care what codec the video was encoded in. DXVA2 just gets video frames in NV12 format. So the answer is: Yes.

Quote:
Which are optimal settings in CCC? (auto-deinterlace [on] / pulldown detection [on] all other video options disabled?)
Yes, but I'd also suggest to enable "Advanced Video -> Dynamic Range" and set it to 16-235. But not all users have this option in their CCC. If not, then don't worry, it's not much of a problem.

Quote:
minimum hw requirements for ATI cards (from you experience?)
That depends on your needs. If you want to use DXVA2 deinterlacing for 1080i60 content and then scale the result with Lanczos4, then I'd suggest a 6750 or faster. My recommendation is always to pick the fastest GPU you can afford and which fits your thermal requirements. Right now I would recommend to wait for the new 28nm GPUs coming out early next yet, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.duck View Post
Turn everything off pretty much. Especially the 'enhancements'. Don't force anything.
Set the deinterlacing slider to the highest value, though, and activate IVTC.

Quote:
Ms decoder supports only weave that means no deinterlace.
You can force madVR to deinterlace by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+D twice.

Quote:
I was asking if madvr decoder & dxva can also support proper vc1 1080i.
You can use the Intel VC-1 decoder, integrated in madVR. It's quite slow, though, so you'll need a fast CPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-t172 View Post
I have some questions about RGB24 input:

- Is madVR able to detect automatically (i.e. from the actual content) whether the RGB input is full range (0-255) or limited range (16-235)?
Yes. You can double check (and correct, if necessary) by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+I. If you find situations where the auto detection fails, please let me know, and I'll fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-t172 View Post
What's the exact processing chain with RGB input compared to YUV input? I expect some processing steps to be bypassed, but which ones exactly?
Well, naturally chroma upsampling and YCbCr -> RGB conversion steps are skipped. The remaining processing chain is 100% identical. Gamut correction etc is all working for RGB input, too (if enabled in the madVR settings, of course).
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2011, 19:33   #11046  |  Link
dansrfe

The focus problem has always existed but I think in version 0.7x it was partially fixed to where if madVR was in exclusive mode on the secondary monitor the primary monitor would still be able to gain focus on other windows elements.

Also madshi when I minimize MPC-HC to the try the audio starts to cut and the video has to speed up from the frame that I minimized it at to the position of the audio currently.
dansrfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2011, 19:47   #11047  |  Link
italospain

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post

I didn't even know that there are totally different drivers available. madVR has very specific requirements (GPU which has *hardware* support for D3D9 with ShaderModel 3.0). My best guess is that the Intel IGED drivers don't expose hardware support at that level, but I don't really know.

That's the same. Some call is 25i, others 50i. Different names for the same thing. The same situation exists for 30i/60i. That's also the same thing.
yeah thats the same thing but are you shure madVR interprets it correct and treats it the same ?
Because like i said it before it works now with the internal display but not with the external.

In my experience madVR works with 50 Hz interlaced resolution (reported by windows) but crashes with 25 Hz interlaced (reported by windows) resolution.

verfluchtes English , sorry for the bad style.
italospain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2011, 21:42   #11048  |  Link
SoBizarre

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBizarre View Post
I was wondering if there is way around a little problem I'm having. Actually it's more of an annoyance than a real problem, but it drives me mad nonetheless.
Every time I start a player, the first file I'm playing gives me correct screen refresh rate (usually ~48Hz, but incorrect composition rate (60 and sometimes 30Hz).
Hmmmm... Does that also happen if you change the refresh rate to the correct rate before loading the video file?
No, it doesn't. Desktop composition is always equal to screen refresh rate from before loading the first (or should I say - most recent) file, so if I manually switch to correct refresh rate beforehand, composition matches it of course. After that, it stays the same until the change to different refresh rate.

In practice:

I use 48Hz/50Hz custom or 60Hz native refresh rate and I have madVR doing the switching.

Desktop refresh rate is at native 60Hz, I load first file (23.976 fps) and refresh rate is changed to 48Hz but composition stays at 60Hz (just to add more confusion - it sometimes, very rarely, changes to 30 Hz).

Upon opening next file, composition matches the last (most recent - in this case 48Hz) refresh rate, so if I reopen the first file, or open any other file which requires the same refresh rate, I'll have matching composition.

But if second file is, say, 25fps, madVR will switch refresh rate to 50Hz but composition will change to 48Hz regardless (always equals most recent refresh rate). In this case, if the third file is 24fps, refresh rate will be switched to 48Hz, but composition will change to 50Hz (refresh rate for the second file).

Typical scenario (playing order->frame rate->refresh rate->composition)

Desktop=60Hz
1->23.976->48->60 (sometimes 30)
2->23.976->48->48
3->23.976->48->48
4->25.000->50->48
6->24.000->48->50

Most of the time (but not always ), when there is wrong composition, madVR reports some dropped/delayed frames. Usually, 60Hz means roughly equal number of dropped/delayed frames, and 30Hz - some dropped and lots of delayed.

Regardless of the dropped/delayed frames, when composition is reported to be different than screen refresh rate, I could actually swear the video is not perfectly smooth. Although I've been told on another forum that this problem is of "cosmetic nature" only, and given I understand what impact can placebo effect have on our perception, I still open first file twice.

Cheers,
SB

Last edited by SoBizarre; 20th November 2011 at 21:44.
SoBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 02:26   #11049  |  Link
Pat357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat357 View Post
Madshi,

On certain files I have a lot of dropped frames. Because I have fast hardware (core i7 -970 with GTX-570, W7 SP1), I assumed it is not a performance issue.
The drops also happen if a switch all scaling to bilinear + lower quality settings. I started logging and this messages were often repeated in the log :

Code:
00161358 Render   drop frame 9246, no free vsync slot, plannedVSync: 4121
00161358 Render   drop frame 9247, no free vsync slot, plannedVSync: 4122
00167112 VSync    drop frame 9570, can't delay, plannedVSync: 4448, present vsync: 4467, next frame's vsync: 4449
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
00041624 Upload   drop frame 2119, can't be rendered in time, plannedVSync: 1936, timeLeft: 17220, vsync interval: 19992
00042140 VSync    drop frame 2132, can't delay, plannedVSync: 1960, present vsync: 1961, next frame's vsync: 1961
00042460 VSync    drop frame 2146, can't delay, plannedVSync: 1976, present vsync: 1977, next frame's vsync: 1977
00042780 VSync    drop frame 2160, can't delay, plannedVSync: 1992, present vsync: 1993, next frame's vsync: 1993
00043100 VSync    drop frame 2174, can't delay, plannedVSync: 2008, present vsync: 2009, next frame's vsync: 2009
00043740 VSync    drop frame 2202, can't delay, plannedVSync: 2040, present vsync: 2041, next frame's vsync: 2041
00044379 VSync    drop frame 2230, can't delay, plannedVSync: 2072, present vsync: 2073, next frame's vsync: 2073
If you need the complete log, just say the word, but maybe you can already tell in what direction I have to search to resolve this issue.
It seems it most happens in Window mode (Aero on), much less in exclusive mode. Also if interlace is active, it seems to happen more often, but it could also be the content itself.
I can't reproduce it every time, it seems to happen sometimes.
My buffers settings are : decoder=20, GPU=10, backbuffer =10, and they are filled to about max-2/(max-1 or max), just the backbuffer goes to 0 if the frame gets deleted from the queue.

The GPU load < 35 %, CPU load < 5%.
I use Lav-filters to decode, player is MPC-HC and MadVR v0.79.
System : Core i7 970 (6+6 cores) @3.6 Mhz / 24 GB RAM @ 1600 Mhz
Win7 x64 including latest updates (auto-update) / Aero ON
NV GTX-570 , NV drivers : latest WHQL
Lav filters 0.39 + MadVR v0.79 with latest MPC-HC
This time with full log-file :

Window mode : file plays OK, no dropped frames,
FSE mode : lots of "no vsync slot available"

http://www.mediafire.com/?bpqngkkoqt4ak2q
Pat357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 13:21   #11050  |  Link
bjd

Quote:

Ouch, this is bad. madVR has a very complicated logic in it which reads the current VSync scanline from the GPU once per millisecond. Then it looks at all the collected scanline data and tries to do some very clever math to calculate the exact refresh rate. It seems that in your case the scanline data sometimes allows different interpretations (50Hz and 75Hz). I've never heard of such a problem before. This will be hard to fix. Does this occur in windowed and/or fullscreen exclusive mode?
Madshi, thanks for the info. I have spent the last week working on this and managed to resolve by using Powerstrip. Clearly there is some stability issue with using a NVidia custom resolution in my system (I am guessing driver). However even though my TV only supports 50 & 60hz, i can actually lock it at 47.952 (or as near as i can in Powerstrip) which works better for 23.976 material. On another note even though my GT430 runs at about 20-30% load according to GPU-Z when upscaling using spline at 4 taps, i get the odd glitch where as 3 taps causes none so is my preferred scaler. Also with 2gb of GPU ram, madvr defaults to a 28 frame queue/1024mb RAM use which seems a bit OTT, so i have manually set to 16 which means about 716mb in use from memory.

Bottom line, I now have perfect playback and a stable refresh with smooth playback.
Old 21st November 2011, 13:44   #11051  |  Link
Superb

The focus bug (for dual screen PCs) has always been there for me. It doesn't happen a lot, but I can definitely remember it happening w/ every version I've used.
It just happened a minute ago and I captured the screen to show you what happens. Steps that made it happen:
[Firefox minimized at this point]
1) Start playing a mkv file on monitor 1 (windowed mode).
2) Drag the mpc-hc window to monitor 2.
3) Double click the video to go to exclusive mode on monitor 2.
4) Click the Firefox icon on the Taskbar to restore the Firefox window back to maximized mode.
[Focus bug occurs; that's when I took the screenshot]
To make Firefox clickable again, I have to make MPC-HC go to windowed mode and then back to exclusive.
If I'm not mistaken, it didn't only happen w/ Firefox. also w/ regular explorer.exe folder windows.
It seems madVR confuses DWM somehow when it goes to exclusive mode.

(screenshot of both monitors at the same time; as you can see, the Firefox window is partially translucent and unclickable)

Last edited by Superb; 21st November 2011 at 13:47.
Superb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 15:49   #11052  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

@Superb

Does that still happen if you disable hardware acceleration in Firefox?
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 16:01   #11053  |  Link
sialivi

Quote:
Code:
00012657 Render   fullscreen windowed mode, covered by some windows
00012658 Render   madVR window [madVR] "madVR" {0,0,1920,1200}
00012659 Render   covered by explorer.exe window [EdgeUiInputWndClass] {0,1185,15,1200}
00012661 Render   covered by explorer.exe window [EdgeUiInputWndClass] {0,100,1,1100}
00012662 Render   covered by explorer.exe window [ImmersiveLauncher] "Start menu" {0,0,1920,1200}
00012663 Render   covered by explorer.exe window [Snapped Desktop] "Desktop" {0,0,1920,1200}
Not sure what all those explorer windows are, but they seem to cover the madVR rendering window. That's the reason why madVR doesn't switch to exclusive mode.
Those are all part of Windows 8's new UI. ImmersiveLauncher is the new metro start screen, the SnappedDesktop is the ordinary desktop and EdgeUi is for the swipe gestures and stuff around the edges.

I just dropped in to thank you for your hard work while I'm slowly catching up on this massive thread

Last edited by sialivi; 21st November 2011 at 16:09.
sialivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 16:31   #11054  |  Link
Xaurus

Perhaps useful for madshi to know that it's Windows 8 before reporting a bug?
Old 21st November 2011, 16:37   #11055  |  Link
mrdkreka

madVR reports:
-creating Direct3D device failed (80004001)

This happen every time MPC is minimized and it need to play the next video

Start a video->minimize the player-> jump to next video by "playlist" or "play next in folder"-> black screen with madVR reports: -creating Direct3D device failed (80004001).

This is a bug that have occurred for all the version so far I have tried, which is +.47.
mrdkreka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 16:51   #11056  |  Link
Superb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
@Superb

Does that still happen if you disable hardware acceleration in Firefox?
Hard to say. It doesn't happen every time. I'll turn it off and see if the problem is gone.
Old 21st November 2011, 17:21   #11057  |  Link
Superb

Alright. Have some else that might be related to the focus bug. I can see that the effect on the window decorations are not fading away (even though the mouse isn't on them).

http://i.imgur.com/PC3aI.jpg

NOTE: While saving the screenshot, Paint.NET also became half translucent and unclickable (until I switched madVR to windowed mode). The "Saving..." dialog was stuck on the screen until the change.
Could it maybe be that madVR is using so much GPU RAM which causes DWM to run out of (for its own needs)? I could try and decreases the queues sizes...
Old 21st November 2011, 21:47   #11058  |  Link
BatKnight

Quote:
Hmmmmm... That's weird. Can I have a log file that shows the problematic situation?
Log with 0.79:
http://www.mediafire.com/?85urov0l5k7bhk9

Reproducible steps:
My LCD is at 60Hz, then I open the file in MPC-HC in window mode. It starts playing automatically.
I pause it, then double-click to go fullscreen. It changes to 24Hz. I should see the same frame as when paused, but no, just blank and I don't see your fancy blue seek bar, instead I see the normal MPC-HC seek bar (weird).
Then I unpause and I hear sound but no picture. I have to right-click for the image to appear playing.
Then, about 2 seconds later the refresh rate changes back to 60Hz. I exited MPC-HC.

Dextrosan reported the same thing. and MPC-HTPC reported something similar.

I go back to 0.78 and everything is fine, as always was.
Here is the log, doing the same steps, but with 0.78: http://www.mediafire.com/?tmbb3gnc8uaq9i4

Let me know if you need more tests.

Bat
LAV Filters

Last edited by BatKnight; 21st November 2011 at 21:51.
BatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 22:05   #11059  |  Link
MPC-HTPC

Quote:
It seems that madVR is not able to detect the display refresh rate, for whatever funny reason. Which GPU are you using with which refresh rate? I'd suggest trying to reinstall the GPU drivers.
Before posting the log I did a clean install of the latest Nvidia-Drivers 285.58. After reading your suggestion I once again uninstalled and reinstalled the Nvidia-Drivers.
But nothing changed. Sometimes madVR is working, sometimes I have a black screen.

My GPU is a Nvidia ION (first generation) and I tried running on 24Hz and 60Hz.
MPC-HTPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 01:33   #11060  |  Link
pankov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superb View Post
Alright. Have some else that might be related to the focus bug. I can see that the effect on the window decorations are not fading away (even though the mouse isn't on them).

http://i.imgur.com/PC3aI.jpg

NOTE: While saving the screenshot, Paint.NET also became half translucent and unclickable (until I switched madVR to windowed mode). The "Saving..." dialog was stuck on the screen until the change.
Could it maybe be that madVR is using so much GPU RAM which causes DWM to run out of (for its own needs)? I could try and decreases the queues sizes...
I've experienced this and the problem with the semi-transparent windows when minimizing/maximizing ... and also some windows not showing up at all until I exit the player or force madVR out of exclusive mode.
It doesn't happen every time but it's pretty often.
madshi,
do you think a log file could help you in this situation?

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling