Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 23rd November 2009, 04:39   #6081  |  Link
Duppie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shikari View Post
If someone can confirm that the Oppo cannot play back --weightp 2 correctly, I have direct contact with the owner of the company and I can get this fixed
Just some feedback. I can confirm that build 1342 causes pixelization on the OPPO BDP-83.I have tested a disk this weekend (DVD-9 Movie Only).It does not affect the PS3. I also tested with build 1310 and it was fine on the OPPO. So, Dark Shikari it would be great if you could report it to OPPO.

Many Thanks.
Duppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:41   #6082  |  Link
Phe0nix

Death Race no audio on Unrated version

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I have two Sony standalones -- and this happens on neither of them. Can you give me a specific disc (region A) that has this problem?
I tried to backup Death Race ( USA ) to a BD-9 at the high quality setting. I tried this movie twice, once with the option "Limit to one track for each language" checked and once with it unchecked.

The copy plays nicely on a Sony S360 standalone, however the audio is only working on the theatrical version. There is an Unrated version on this title but the audio is missing on my DVD-9. I left the INI file unchanged. I am using version 0.31.02 beta. I ripped the whole disc as an .ISO via a trial version of ANYDVDHD 6.6.0.3 and mounted the iso via Daemon tools and pointed BD Rebuilder to the mounted .iso.

Has anyone had this issue with this title or a similar title with 2 versions of the film ?

In the file HIDDENOPTS.TXT i see the following :

PROCESS_SECONDARY=n n = 0/1 - if set to 0, BD-RB will not process secondary audio/video on full backup

When i open the BDREBUILDER.INI i see no option for "PROCESS_SECONDARY" to change it from 0 to 1 .
I also tried and add that to the BDREBUILDER.INI and set it to ( PROCESS_SECONDARY=1 ) and save it and then reopen
the program and i still have a RED X next to AUD_02 (2nd) DTS-HD, Stero, English. When i double click on all the other
audio streams they toggle on and off indicated by the red X but that is not the case with AUD_02 (2nd) DTS-HD, Stero, English

Thank You

Last edited by Phe0nix; 23rd November 2009 at 10:03. Reason: HIDDENOPTS.TXT
Phe0nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:56   #6083  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duppie View Post
Just some feedback. I can confirm that build 1342 causes pixelization on the OPPO BDP-83.I have tested a disk this weekend (DVD-9 Movie Only).It does not affect the PS3. I also tested with build 1310 and it was fine on the OPPO. So, Dark Shikari it would be great if you could report it to OPPO.

Many Thanks.
Can you upload a sample for me to send to them?
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:07   #6084  |  Link
Duppie

Quote:
I do not know how to upload a sample. Anyway I will make a sample in "Strict AVCHD" mode tonight and try to upload it tomorrow morning. I have tested this on USB and Disk with the same results (pixilization). Basically whatever content or disk (Blu-Ray) I encode using BD-RB and x264 build 1342 always produces the same results on the OPPO (pixilization).

Thanks.
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:13   #6085  |  Link
Dark Shikari
x264 developer

Quote:
I do not know how to upload a sample. Anyway I will make a sample in "Strict AVCHD" mode tonight and try to upload it tomorrow morning. I have tested this on USB and Disk with the same results (pixilization). Basically whatever content or disk (Blu-Ray) I encode using BD-RB and x264 build 1342 always produces the same results on the OPPO (pixilization).

Thanks.
Upload a clip to Mediafire/Megaupload or similar.

(The main issue being that I don't own a Blu-ray drive, so I can't use BD-RB to re-encode something; I'd like to give them something which is in valid Blu-ray format.)
Dark Shikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 11:15   #6086  |  Link
Duppie

Quote:
Upload a clip to Mediafire/Megaupload or similar.

(The main issue being that I don't own a Blu-ray drive, so I can't use BD-RB to re-encode something; I'd like to give them something which is in valid Blu-ray format.)
Will do tomorrow morning. No Internet at Home.
Old 23rd November 2009, 15:02   #6087  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:

Many Thanks.
Just as a test, you could try adding:

TWEAK_PASS_ONE=--weightp 1
TWEAK_PASS_TWO=--weightp 1

and see what effect that has...
Old 23rd November 2009, 15:09   #6088  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phe0nix View Post
I tried to backup Death Race ( USA ) to a BD-9 at the high quality setting. I tried this movie twice, once with the option "Limit to one track for each language" checked and once with it unchecked.

The copy plays nicely on a Sony S360 standalone, however the audio is only working on the theatrical version. There is an Unrated version on this title but the audio is missing on my DVD-9. I left the INI file unchanged. I am using version 0.31.02 beta. I ripped the whole disc as an .ISO via a trial version of ANYDVDHD 6.6.0.3 and mounted the iso via Daemon tools and pointed BD Rebuilder to the mounted .iso.

Has anyone had this issue with this title or a similar title with 2 versions of the film ?

In the file HIDDENOPTS.TXT i see the following :

PROCESS_SECONDARY=n n = 0/1 - if set to 0, BD-RB will not process secondary audio/video on full backup

When i open the BDREBUILDER.INI i see no option for "PROCESS_SECONDARY" to change it from 0 to 1 .
I also tried and add that to the BDREBUILDER.INI and set it to ( PROCESS_SECONDARY=1 ) and save it and then reopen
the program and i still have a RED X next to AUD_02 (2nd) DTS-HD, Stero, English. When i double click on all the other
audio streams they toggle on and off indicated by the red X but that is not the case with AUD_02 (2nd) DTS-HD, Stero, English

Thank You
Secondary audio in DTS cannot currently be processed -- because there is no way to demux/mux them.
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:28   #6089  |  Link
setarip_old

@Phe0nix

Hi!

Since you are trying to do a full disc copy to a DVD9/BD9, I think your problem is simply one of insufficient space for the audio. I say this because, according to my records, I made a perfectly good movie-only DVD9/BD9 backup of the extended version, using .AC3...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 04:35   #6090  |  Link
Duppie

Quote:
Just as a test, you could try adding:

TWEAK_PASS_ONE=--weightp 1
TWEAK_PASS_TWO=--weightp 1

and see what effect that has...
Thanks for the tip. Weightp set to 1 also produces the artifacts on the OPPO. The only time it does not produce artifacts is when I set weightp to 0 (disabled).
Old 24th November 2009, 05:44   #6091  |  Link
Duppie

Quote:
Please find the uploads below:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ubo4iw - clip with artifacts (x264 build 1342).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y3q56z - original clip, which was cut using tsMuxeR 1.10.6.

Unzip the clips, copy to USB and select AVCHD under the relevent directory to play.

Just one question from my side. For future encodes should I use 1342 with weightp set to 0 or even the new 1347 until OPPO fixes the problem? Is there such a significant / fisual improvement over 1310? Or should I just stick to 1310 or 1318 (which was the last version before weightp)?

Thanks.

Last edited by Duppie; 24th November 2009 at 06:00.
Old 24th November 2009, 07:19   #6092  |  Link
parioch

Quote:
Thanks for the tip. Weightp set to 1 also produces the artifacts on the OPPO. The only time it does not produce artifacts is when I set weightp to 0 (disabled).
Hi,

I have the same problem with the Blu-ray Philips 7300. Many artifacts for blu-ray to DB9.

Problem solve by passing the WEIGHTP 0.

Thank you for your very good software jdobbs.
Excuse me for my English, I'm French ...
parioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 12:04   #6093  |  Link
nurbs

Do the artifacts only show up after you seek, or also when you just play the file from the beginning? If it's the former there is an explanation here.
nurbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 12:36   #6094  |  Link
Duppie

No, it is the latter, from the beginning.
Old 24th November 2009, 13:00   #6095  |  Link
parioch

Quote:
No, it is the latter, from the beginning.
Me too since the beginning ...
parioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 14:51   #6096  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by parioch View Post
Hi,

I have the same problem with the Blu-ray Philips 7300. Many artifacts for blu-ray to DB9.

Problem solve by passing the WEIGHTP 0.

Thank you for your very good software jdobbs.
Excuse me for my English, I'm French ...
Merci beaucoup. Excuse me for my French, I'm American.

Last edited by jdobbs; 24th November 2009 at 15:03.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 15:15   #6097  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Please find the uploads below:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ubo4iw - clip with artifacts (x264 build 1342).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y3q56z - original clip, which was cut using tsMuxeR 1.10.6.

Unzip the clips, copy to USB and select AVCHD under the relevent directory to play.

Just one question from my side. For future encodes should I use 1342 with weightp set to 0 or even the new 1347 until OPPO fixes the problem? Is there such a significant / fisual improvement over 1310? Or should I just stick to 1310 or 1318 (which was the last version before weightp)?

Thanks.
I just viewed both clips with MPC, and I don't see any artifacts, and I realize my aging eyes are not the best.
There does appear to be some audio async on the non original, but visually, seems acceptable.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 16:18   #6098  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
Secondary audio in DTS cannot currently be processed -- because there is no way to demux/mux them.
Is there a reason why some discs use AC3 for the secondary audio and others DTS-Express (or are the ac3 just outside spec)?
Given that DTS-Express can be demuxed and re-encoded to ac3, is there something in the manipulation of the flags which would stop an ac3 secondary audio stream being substituted? You are able to change the main audio streams from HD to ac3 so it would seem feasible.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 16:33   #6099  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
Is there a reason why some discs use AC3 for the secondary audio and others DTS-Express (or are the ac3 just outside spec)?
Given that DTS-Express can be demuxed and re-encoded to ac3, is there something in the manipulation of the flags which would stop an ac3 secondary audio stream being substituted? You are able to change the main audio streams from HD to ac3 so it would seem feasible.
DTS Express can't be demuxed by TSMUXER, nor can it be converted because I'm not sure it is recognized by a codec (but I'll have to check that). The encode couldn't be standard AC3, secondary audio is required to be Dolby Digital Plus or DTS Express -- and I'm not aware of a DD+ freeware encoder. Right now I can keep DD+ intact because TSMUXER can demux it, but I can't reencode it.
Old 24th November 2009, 16:50   #6100  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
DTS Express can't be demuxed by TSMUXER, nor can it be converted because I'm not sure it is recognized by a codec (but I'll have to check that). The encode couldn't be standard AC3, secondary audio is required to be Dolby Digital Plus or DTS Express -- and I'm not aware of a DD+ freeware encoder. Right now I can keep DD+ intact because TSMUXER can demux it, but I can't reencode it.
OK - It's eac3to that can handle it. I did a test but didn't realise it needed to be ac3+ and just converted it to an ac3 file.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote