Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16th April 2009, 14:30   #4701  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post
I have recently started creating batch queues in RipBot and have run into some rather bizarre behavior. RipBot will not complete all of the projects in the queue. In fact, most of the time it only does every other one. So if I have six projects queued, it will complete three.

What is really strange is that RipBot starts the projects, but stops after the audio encoding process. Unfortunately, I just cleaned out my log files so I can't attach one of the uncompleted projects for perusal. I know there is nothing wrong with the project itself because if I tell RipBot to retry the project it will complete it, but not necessarily when in a batch queue. I will run another batch tonight and attach a log file tomorrow.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if there is a solution?

Thanks in advance.
Ok. So I ran a batch of 4 items and once again the problem came up with RipBot "skipping" items in queue. I have attached log files showing the project that was not completed during the first pass thru my queue and then completed when I told RipBot to process the queue again.

I have experienced this on both of my Vista x64 systems and simply can't figure out what is causing it. None of my other encoding programs do this....
Attached Files
File Type: txt Job1_log_completed.txt (5.7 KB, 31 views)
File Type: txt Job1_log_not_completed.txt (3.9 KB, 20 views)
Balthazar2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 08:44   #4702  |  Link
turbojet

Something strange happens with the calculation when adding forced sups, but if the forced sup isn't added last it seems to calculate ok though.

no sups = 4503 kbps
1 sups = 4489 kbps
2 sups = 4479 kbps
3 sups = 4502 kbps (this is a forced sup)

loading forced sup first: 4503 / 4503 / 4475 / 4466

Atak: also I see you've been asking around for 720p sups and this has been possible for a few months with BDSup2Sub. I've used it successfully on about 15 movies so far.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 11:00   #4703  |  Link
cypher007

slow encodes

im using an Intel T7500 laptop running XP 32bit and coreavc pro, which is using the Cuda part of my 8600GT GPU to accelerate decoding of the AVC stream. the trouble is even with all that power if i run say a 15gb mkv through the program to resize it to 7.95gb, it takes forever. im getting maybe 10fps on the first pass and then maybe 3.7fps on the second pass. is this normal?
cypher007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 14:28   #4704  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
is this normal?
Yes it is normal because you have sloooooooowwww CPU. Period.

Quote:
3 sups = 4502 kbps (this is a forced sup)
forced sup??? What does it mean?

Quote:
Atak: also I see you've been asking around for 720p sups and this has been possible for a few months with BDSup2Sub. I've used it successfully on about 15 movies so far.
This tool requires java. I need plain .exe command line app.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 17th April 2009 at 15:28.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 16:38   #4705  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

even jar can be used in command line

java -jar file.jar

BUT application need a command line interface

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
buzzqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2009, 03:35   #4706  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
Anybody running an i7 920? How many FPS on 2-Pass with default settings? What other hardware are you using?

Currently I have a Q6700 at 3.33GHz and get about 9-10 FPS on second pass. If the i7s make a big difference there, I might take the plunge.
I am running an i7 920 @ 4ghz and seeing 1st passes upwards of 65fps on 1280 material. Second pass typically lands around 35fps. This is using the stock 4.0 profile.
Balthazar2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2009, 06:59   #4707  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
forced sup??? What does it mean?
Subs that only have english subtitles for non-english parts for instance.

Quote:
This tool requires java. I need plain .exe command line app.
While it does require java runtime, I don't think is any bigger requirement then ffdshow and it's used many places on the web so for most I think it's a general app to install.

It does have a command line interface for example to resize all sups in D:\video to 720p you could use
Code:
java -jar bdsup2sub.jar D:\video\*.sup *-720.sup /res 720
Java is added to windows system path so it doesn't need to be pointed to in most situations but in some you might need to be able to find javaw.exe and use the full path before -jar
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 14:54   #4708  |  Link
screaming

So I've finally figured out the odd issues where the encoding never starts, or when ripbot says an encode is completed within a second. For some reason, ripbot is not updating the job1.avs file within temp. When I'm initially on the "New Job" section, no matter what I do when I hit the Done button the job1.avs does not have the #Audiosource or #Audiodub sections populated.

However, if I click on the arrow next the Audio source, select none, then re-select the Audio source, I notice that ffdshow pops up in my tray. Immediately after, the job1.avs file does have the audio sections populated. I can then carry on with making all my audio, subtitle, and video quality settings, then select Done. So far I've been able to encode 2 movies successfully.

Does anyone know why job1.avs isn't being populated until I mess with those audio options?
screaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2009, 16:04   #4709  |  Link
kikker

Atak, would you consider adding the option of muxing external Vobsubs (*.sub/*.idx) in addition to the other sub formats you already have? Thanks...

Second question: Is there any theoretical difference in encode quality between A.) Auto crop and resize to HD-ready res (720p) by adding borders OR B.) No crop, just resize downward to HD-ready res (720p).
kikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 20:51   #4710  |  Link
Sarreq Teryx

Location: Between a clown and a mime, holding an uzi to each head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarreq Teryx View Post
would it be possible to add variable framerate to ripbot's options? I have a guide (for megui) from someone helping me out with a particular encode if it would help

I realize parts of that don't have anything to do with just VFR, but I'm still learning avisynth, and wasn't sure what to trim out
yesh/nerp? I ask only because of the bandwidth savings in still scenes and animation.
And as I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, Lord, thy balls and shaft, they comfort me, you annoint my head with oil, some salt, a dash of pepper, a sprigg of parsley......Lord?............Lord??? What dost thou intend to do with that fork???
Sarreq Teryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 20:53   #4711  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
yesh/nerp? I ask only because of the bandwidth savings in still scenes and animation.
x264 encoder is very smart and do not waste bits on static scenes.
Old 21st April 2009, 02:26   #4712  |  Link
illestdomer2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post
I am running an i7 920 @ 4ghz and seeing 1st passes upwards of 65fps on 1280 material. Second pass typically lands around 35fps. This is using the stock 4.0 profile.
That is incredible. I get about 30fps on 1st pass with 720p material...I don't know if I recall the 2nd pass numbers, maybe 12-15?

I am building an i7 test box at my work, and I just wish it had a BD drive so I could run my conversions overnight there lol If it's really that fast, I might have to go ahead with mine. I already have the CPU since I got the 920 for $200 from MicroCenter a couple of weeks ago
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 19:22   #4713  |  Link
stinman

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyboy85712 View Post
You can update the software used by RipBot264, however in many cases the multi-threaded 32bit versions are less problematic and faster.
Where do I find this 32 bit multi-threaded version of RipBot264?Does this mean it will work better with the quad core processors?I have a 9600 phenom 2.3ghz quad core and Vista Home premium,service pack 1.Thanks

Mark
stinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 22:07   #4714  |  Link
grondinm

first i must say great app it worked great for the first movie i did(The new rambo) but now i'm trying to do sin city and it is acting odd. i can select the m2ts file and select the vid and audio streams and it does the demuxing but then it opens up media player classic and says "cannot decod stream"(or something to that effect. i'm not sure if it something i messed up(i don't think it is) but i can't get it to work at all. i have tried re-downloading and extracting ripbot but the same thing happened. i am trying it again now but have moved mpc out of the tools folder just to see what it would do i'm expecting a diff error. any help would be appriciated.

in case it makes a difference i'm using alcohol 120% to mount an image created with my ps3 and have any dvd hd to do the decrypt.

Also i was able to play the file that ripbot creates in the temp folder using VLC. and VLC can play the movie right from the bd image.
grondinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 22:15   #4715  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Install Windows Media Player 11. I suspect that you don't have VC-1 decoder installed!

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...1/default.aspx
Old 21st April 2009, 22:55   #4716  |  Link
howzz

Hi Atak,

First of all, i've been using your program for aboub past year or so. Great job man! There's nothing else out there like it.

I was wondering, is there any plans in the near future to
1. Integrate the ripping and exact stream copying of eac3 or trueHD, and DtsHD stream. ( i plan on converting all my hd-dvds to mkv while keepin the losless stream)

2. Implement the capability of the GPU rendering power.

Again thanks for the great software, and i hope you keep on improving it and make it better.
Long live RipBot
howzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 23:18   #4717  |  Link
SeeChestlickRun

I have this strange case.

I was encoding a TV show DVD, DHW season 4 for my girlfriend for XBMC.

Anyway, I locked the size to 350mb (2 pass) to save up space...

I was using my own profile, and set the Audio at 2.0 OGG Vorbis which is around at 128 kbps [q 4] and did 6 shows. They all came out to be exactly 340 mb!! What happened to last 10 mb??

My guess is because the resolution is not divisible by 16... I am resizing them at 704x396.

Should I post log.txt?
SeeChestlickRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 23:20   #4718  |  Link
grondinm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Install Windows Media Player 11. I suspect that you don't have VC-1 decoder installed!

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...1/default.aspx
thanx for quick reply Atak. i should have also mentioned i'm runing windows vista ultimate 64-bit(but i still checked version of WMP it is 11)

and having moved the wmpc folder out of tools did not result in any error but it still did not allow me to continue with encoding.

Last edited by grondinm; 21st April 2009 at 23:26.
grondinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 23:30   #4719  |  Link
prettyboy85712

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinman View Post
Where do I find this 32 bit multi-threaded version of RipBot264?Does this mean it will work better with the quad core processors?I have a 9600 phenom 2.3ghz quad core and Vista Home premium,service pack 1.Thanks

Mark
It will work fine with your processor.

LINK
prettyboy85712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2009, 23:42   #4720  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
My guess is because the resolution is not divisible by 16... I am resizing them at 704x396.
NO. The problem is with audio. OGG uses VBR so final bitrate and size cannot be predicted in 100%. That's why you have ~128kbps in profile instead of 128kbps

Quote:
thanx for quick reply Atak. i should have also mentioned i'm runing windows vista ultimate 64-bit(but i still checked version of WMP it is 11)
Uninstall ffdshow
reboot
install latest ffdshow 2895

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 21st April 2009 at 23:47.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360