Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 16th August 2018, 03:42   #27621  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
This move, "The Last Jedi", caused the end of my deep love with Star Wars, Brian caused the character Luke to go in ways he should not have gone. I love the scene with Yoda, and that's it.
Me too about all about the Last Jedi but what can I do? I just love Star Wars and in a way or other, it is a part and about encoding I always encode DTS to AC3 so I can get some better quality on image but this disc I like the menu etc so because that I diced to encode full backup

But, if you dont mind dear AmigaFuture if other people here can give me they opinion IŽll so appreciate it.
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 03:48   #27622  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Me too about all about the Last Jedi but what can I do? I just love Star Wars and in a way or other, it is a part and about encoding I always encode DTS to AC3 so I can get some better quality on image but this disc I like the menu etc so because that I diced to encode full backup

But, if you dont mind dear AmigaFuture if other people here can give me they opinion IŽll so appreciate it.
Well, in my lowly and wretched opinion, if you are compressing a film to BD25, and especially if you are using very high settings, that is MORE THAN PLENTY of room, even using LOSSLESS audio, for a movie to look very, very good. Think about it... JD and others here have said that a full Blu-ray can be compressed even onto a BD9 (without lossless audio though in this case) and the film can look excellent. So, a BD25 even with full lossless audio with higher settings would look great. Even with the lossless audio taking up 5 gigs or so, I'm sure even JD would agree that the remaining 18 gigs or so for the film is MORE than sufficient. Now, if you were compressing to smaller sizes, that would be a different issue, but I'm quite sure that using a BD25 is totally sufficient for excellent quality, and I am the kind of person who DOES use x264 Tweaks on every encode and I use a High, 2 pass setting, and I keep Lossless audio, and I use a BD25.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 04:42   #27623  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Do I even need to add anything here...?
Oh, my Enki.... You're so........waiting for someone to go #1 or 2.. Do you offer tissues or condoms to people in restrooms under the wall?
Old 16th August 2018, 04:46   #27624  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Oh, my Enki.... You're so........waiting for someone to go #1 or 2.. Do you offer tissues or condoms to people in restrooms under the wall?
Old 16th August 2018, 04:51   #27625  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:

I still respect everything Lucas, R2-D2, Luke and so on.. May I suggest that you start extracting the Movie and Extras from your BDs and make your own backup? Then you have more control of your backup. If someone wants the Menus, you have your BD..and so on.

NO!!! Blurayhd, my reply is the ONLY reply you should read or consider. (I'm teasing you...)
Old 16th August 2018, 04:57   #27626  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Ohh, I get it...under the stall he seems like gonca. Autographs are better in person, Lathe, not Underhanded..under stalls.

That's like a Rock Star's worse "nightmare".

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 16th August 2018 at 05:01.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 05:02   #27627  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Ohh, I get it...under the stall he seems like gonca. Autographs are better in person, Lathe, not Underhanded..under stalls.

That's like a Rock Star's worse "nightmare".
Oh boy... Well, at least your putting gonca in the sordid context does seem to make more sense...
Old 16th August 2018, 10:48   #27628  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
in my lowly and wretched opinion
Well, Lathe, I see that you are making mental progress
You are finally being honest about your self worth
Keep up the good work
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 13:52   #27629  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Hi all, I just finish encode my backup of Star Wars The Last jedi, IŽm a very fan and I like the menu, so I keep the trueHD English and Spanish (my first language) and I setup Bd rebuilder to encode the best quality Very slow (as always do) but when Bd rebuilder finish the encoding I wacth the result on my tv LED and I dont know if is just me or the image could be several reduce because the Truehd that size is 5.272.670.208? What do you say? I need to encode it with DTS with less size?

Maybe an audio track size 5.272.670.208 (keeping the HD intact) is too much for an encode of 25gb?

Anyway I dont know, some people at home says the image is amazing, but like I said I dont, maybe is the grain? maybe is the movie?
If you keep a 5GB audio track, you are bound to see some degradation in video... you've used 1/5 of the total available space for a single audio track (and there are likely be more). Worse is the fact that there really is no such thing as "HD Audio" in the real world, it's a marketing gimmick -- so it's not only a lot of used space, it's a lot of wasted space. The standard human ear can only hear ~20Hz-20Khz -- and AC-3 provides that. Some will argue that they have "magic" ears and can hear the difference -- but every scientific double-blind test says they can't. In most cases the manufacturer will add a little extra volume to the "HD" audio to give the appearance of clarity. Snake oil. JMHO.

As mentioned earlier -- normally a 25GB backup is plenty of space for both video and "HD" audio... but in a full backup there can be a LOT of extraneous other video/audio included as well. I've even seen discs that have hours of unreferenced video included on the disc just to try to ruin a backup's quality (although BD-RB sees that and adjusts for it).

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th August 2018 at 14:04.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 14:58   #27630  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Oops!
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 15:09   #27631  |  Link
ttz

Failed video encode

Hello everyone
I cannot complete this backup. Please help me.

[08/16/18] BD Rebuilder v0.50.25
[14:40:28] Source: RP1
- Input BD size: 45.84 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:22:45.431]
- Target BD size: 22.95 GB
- Windows Version: 6.2 [9200]
- Quality: High Quality (Default), ABR
- MVC 3D Output Mode enabled
- Decoding/Frame serving: FRIMDecode
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=0 Kbs=640
[14:40:38] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [14:40:38] Processing: VID_00042 (1 of 1)
- [14:40:38] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00042]
- [14:47:22] Reencoding video [VID_00042]
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 201,357 frames
- Bitrate: 20,985 Kbs
- Using FRIMEncoder for MVC encoding
- [14:47:22] Reencoding: VID_00042, Pass 1 of 1
[14:48:25] - Failed video encode, aborted

Thanks
ttz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 15:29   #27632  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Worse is the fact that there really is no such thing as "HD Audio" in the real world, it's a marketing gimmick
True, while "HD" audio doesn't really exist, it is a marketing term for lossless audio. Liken it to DVD 480p MPEG-2 compression to 1080p H.264 compression (yes both are lossy, but one is a lot less lossy than the other ). With "HD" audio you have drastically reduced compression artifacts, after decoding. Depending on the sound system used to reproduce the audio, you may, or may not, be able to hear the difference. For most... not.

For the Dolby and DTS "HD" audio streams, you especially do not want to recode to AC3. The lossy cores do not like being recoded, especially Dolby. That adds more compression artifacts to the mix. Instead you want to keep the cores of these two "HD" streams. No recoding required. I do not know if BDRB recodes or extracts.

The eac3to program is supposed to be able to extract the cores. Since it doesn't do any actual encoding, that is all it can do. If you use DVD-Fab to remove the compression, use the option to remove the "HD" portion of the audio. That will also leave you with the core. Then pass that on thru BDRB.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 18:59   #27633  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Oops!
pOops...?
Old 16th August 2018, 19:09   #27634  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Well, Lathe, I see that you are making mental progress
You are finally being honest about your self worth
Keep up the good work
Just lulling you into a false sense of security my Great Northern friend...

Old 16th August 2018, 19:39   #27635  |  Link
AmigaFuture

"Role Models" update.. I ripped it 3 other different times between MakeMKV and AnyDVD and still the same error with extra. But as you commented it is related to TSMUXER. At least the work-around does well.

@ Lathe

very funky smiley graphic.
Old 16th August 2018, 22:16   #27636  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Just lulling you into a false sense of security my Great Northern friend...

Lathe
Go up the stairs, and out the door.
Its time to get out of mothers basement, get some fresh air.
I am assuming that they didn't chain you down in the basement in order to hide you, and your hideous physical deformities
P.S.
When out in public, don't be peeking below the stall walls
Its not a good way to get a date, but you might get a chocolate surprise

Last edited by gonca; 16th August 2018 at 23:12.
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2018, 23:58   #27637  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Lathe
Go up the stairs, and out the door.
Its time to get out of mothers basement, get some fresh air.
I am assuming that they didn't chain you down in the basement in order to hide you, and your hideous physical deformities
P.S.
When out in public, don't be peeking below the stall walls
Its not a good way to get a date, but you might get a chocolate surprise
Nice...

You know, it never ceases to amaze me the astounding environment in which the Canadian mind resides...
Old 17th August 2018, 00:15   #27638  |  Link
Blurayhd

Hello everyone I need some help here, I just dont know how to do it, I have Star Wars The last jedi that have English DTS HD MA size almost 5gb and I do not sure about the image quality so, I encode the DTS HD 5gb track to DTS with eac3 and I get one track 1.6gb and AC3 720mb, so I really wish to encode this movie BD50 with his menus to BD25 with the DTS and AC3 file, but I dont know how to replace the audios tracks and so then I can encode to BD25 keeping the menu without DTSHD MA but keeping DTS AC3?

I really hope you can understand if not, please let me know, English is no my first language

Thank you in advance!!
Old 17th August 2018, 00:20   #27639  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Hello everyone I need some help here, I just dont know how to do it, I have Star Wars The last jedi that have English DTS HD MA size almost 5gb and I do not sure about the image quality so, I encode the DTS HD 5gb track to DTS with eac3 and I get one track 1.6gb and AC3 720mb, so I really wish to encode this movie BD50 with his menus to BD25 with the DTS and AC3 file, but I dont know how to replace the audios tracks and so then I can encode to BD25 keeping the menu without DTSHD MA but keeping DTS AC3?

I really hope you can understand if not, please let me know, English is no my first language

Thank you in advance!!
Yes, your best best is to keep the DTS core for the main audio. Looking at BDRB's settings, I can't see how you can do that directly, perhaps JD knows. Otherwise, you can simply take your ripped BDMV / CERT folders and drop them into TSMuxer, select the main audio file, and choose 'keep DTS core' or something like that, and render a new set of BDMV / CERT folders, and then use the NEW ones to load into BDRB. I don't know what you mean by the AC3 track. Is that ANOTHER audio track that you want to keep?
Old 17th August 2018, 01:13   #27640  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Yes, your best best is to keep the DTS core for the main audio. Looking at BDRB's settings, I can't see how you can do that directly, perhaps JD knows. Otherwise, you can simply take your ripped BDMV / CERT folders and drop them into TSMuxer, select the main audio file, and choose 'keep DTS core' or something like that, and render a new set of BDMV / CERT folders, and then use the NEW ones to load into BDRB. I don't know what you mean by the AC3 track. Is that ANOTHER audio track that you want to keep?
Thank you dear I already tried that I just add the mts file on Tsmuxer and then I change the DTSHD for DTS and I just replace that new mts on BDMV but I dont know why but Rebuilder take as DTSHD and not DTS that I replace.

All I wish to do is encode to BD25 keeping the menu but without DTSHD, just DTS core

I dont know...