Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 28th November 2018, 03:38   #28161  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
The title of the post indicated what it is.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2018, 03:46   #28162  |  Link
Video Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Which version of tsmuxer are you using? I think to remember that versions 2.6.11 and 2.6.12 (latest) introduced bugs which were not present with 2.6.9. The bugs may affect subtitles only though, I don't now. Just in case if this should matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Right. And I believe it is only 3D Blu-rays that have the subtitle remux bug. Standard discs should not be affected.
Video Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2018, 05:27   #28163  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Whatever the image is, it did not display.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2018, 05:37   #28164  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Whatever the image is, it did not display.
Hmmm, odd... I can see it in your post.

Of course... I see a LOT of things...

Old 28th November 2018, 05:52   #28165  |  Link
MrVideo

Run-time Error

Code:
Run-time Error '52':
Bad file name or number
DVD: Pretty Little Liars S7 D4
Old 28th November 2018, 05:54   #28166  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Hmmm, odd... I can see it in your post.

Of course... I see a LOT of things...
That one shows up.
Old 28th November 2018, 13:56   #28167  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
The title of the post indicated what it is.
The post was last edited at 1:56, and my response was at 11:29...

But thanks for not answering and forcing me to go back and look. Why is it so hard for some people to simply answer a simple question?

Last edited by jdobbs; 28th November 2018 at 14:06.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2018, 14:05   #28168  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Code:
Run-time Error '52':
Bad file name or number
DVD: Pretty Little Liars S7 D4
Do you have a log, or at least enough to help in debugging? All I can tell from you post is that it was a "bad file or number" error -- but have no idea where it happened in the process.
Old 28th November 2018, 15:33   #28169  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
The post was last edited at 1:56, and my response was at 11:29...

But thanks for not answering and forcing me to go back and look. Why is it so hard for some people to simply answer a simple question?
The point was that the info was there in the original post. I did not add it later. I don't know how you managed to miss it.
Old 28th November 2018, 15:46   #28170  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Do you have a log, or at least enough to help in debugging? All I can tell from you post is that it was a "bad file or number" error -- but have no idea where it happened in the process.
No log entry for the error. As soon as I told BDRB to import the DVD, it got the error. After re-reading other discs, this disc worked. I'm currently burning a disc, so I can't try all of this again to see what happens. As soon as I can, I'll report back after retesting.
Old 28th November 2018, 18:46   #28171  |  Link
MrVideo

OK, I've re-read all of the discs. D4 now reads without error. That is going to make it extremely difficult to debug.

But, D2 is not displaying all of the titles on the disc. As previously mentioned, there are three bonus features, of which BDRB only "sees" two. VideoReDo "sees" them all. There is nothing in the log to indicate that BDRB is having issues with the disc.
Old 28th November 2018, 21:25   #28172  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acerjen View Post
I believe you are correct as I have had slight pauses during playback on UHD Sources where all I did was remove some audio tracks to get it down to BD-50 size. The picture quality was excellent but the slight pauses were noticeable on both software and hardware players. The audio never pauses, just the video.

Thank you for the time you are putting into this. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Acerjen
Have you had any of those slight pauses with BD as well? Reading these newest posts, I'm wondering if while JD has been using newest TSMuxer is it affecting BDs also, not only UHD..? Since I've noticed pauses in BDs.. Which I hadn't checked for a while ago. I was thinking it's related to encryption removal from other software. Hmm!
Old 28th November 2018, 22:48   #28173  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Have you had any of those slight pauses with BD as well? Reading these newest posts, I'm wondering if while JD has been using newest TSMuxer is it affecting BDs also, not only UHD..? Since I've noticed pauses in BDs.. Which I hadn't checked for a while ago. I was thinking it's related to encryption removal from other software. Hmm!
I don't think it's a TSMUXER issue for normal BDs.... I've done hundreds and have never seen it. TSMUXER has a long history of working properly with AVC.

As for UHD-BDs... I can tell you down to the bit exactly what is going wrong, as I have written code to analyze the output stream. It's not recognizing NALs on IDR frame structures when reading the HEVC file (not always, but often) and tucking them into the PES of a preceding (usually B) frame. It then is screwing up the PTS and DTS values because it didn't know that frame was there. From what I can seen so far the original discs are using mostly I frames because they are utilizing open GOPS, so the error is less common -- as an IDR only comes around in a huge number of frames. My guess is that the pauses are happening when it actually does miss an IDR. The open GOP of X265, however, doesn't seem to work, yet, as it causes stuttering. I haven't put my finger on why yet. But I'm guessing the X265 developers know this -- as they disable open GOPs when you set the "--uhd-bd" command line flag.

Last edited by jdobbs; 29th November 2018 at 14:36.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2018, 04:57   #28174  |  Link
Acerjen

Quote:
No. Regular BDs play back perfectly. The slight pauses I am referring to is only on the UHD discs that have been run through TSMUXER to remove foreign audio tracks. Those same files (as a test) can be run through MKVMERGE without any playback issues. So, I don't believe it is a decryption software issue. TSMUXER is the problem (in my opinion) due to its inability to properly handle HEVC streams. And it is no longer in developement. Thanks.

Acerjen
Acerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2018, 00:41   #28175  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
I don't think it's a TSMUXER issue for normal BDs.... I've done hundreds and have never seen it. TSMUXER has a long history of working properly with AVC.

As for UHD-BDs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acerjen View Post
No.

Acerjen
Appreciate it, both of you.
Old 30th November 2018, 05:21   #28176  |  Link
MrVideo

JD, any thoughts on the issue of BDRB missing some titles on DVDs?
Old 1st December 2018, 00:12   #28177  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
JD, any thoughts on the issue of BDRB missing some titles on DVDs?
They might be too short. You can set the minimum duration for importing.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 00:29   #28178  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
They might be too short. You can set the minimum duration for importing.
It is set to zero. Not the issue. This particular title is a little over 5 min long. Other titles are shorter.
Old 1st December 2018, 06:58   #28179  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Ch3vr0n, JD, MrVideo and others..

Seems my LG Player is a bit "old"..or not as Hip as the Oppo (sp?) drives. I've been changing settings in decryptions and not using BD-RB to process after doing so. The Pioneer burner is doing well. Older movies, fine. But newer movies..my LG Player is having "jitter" or sync problems.

Does anyone know if "Samsung BD-5700 Multi Region Free" is Good and without Cinavia? Or able to recommend?

Ch3vr0n, you commented some time ago, that I...sort of recall, that Cinavia isn't being included in all devices anymore?? Is that accurate? In this player, or something much cheaper?

Thanks, all.
Old 1st December 2018, 07:32   #28180  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Ch3vr0n, JD, MrVideo and others..

Seems my LG Player is a bit "old"..or not as Hip as the Oppo (sp?) drives. I've been changing settings in decryptions and not using BD-RB to process after doing so. The Pioneer burner is doing well. Older movies, fine. But newer movies..my LG Player is having "jitter" or sync problems.

Does anyone know if "Samsung BD-5700 Multi Region Free" is Good and without Cinavia? Or able to recommend?

Ch3vr0n, you commented some time ago, that I...sort of recall, that Cinavia isn't being included in all devices anymore?? Is that accurate? In this player, or something much cheaper?

Thanks, all.
Unfortunately, that is the bugger of it... I just looked that up the other day and AFAIK Cinavia is mandated on all players after a certain year (2014?) That is why I safeguard my older OPPO BDP-83, which was their first flagship player that I bought almost exactly 8 years ago. If you cannot find anything else, although there likely are less expensive older players available, I would highly recommend a good, used OPPO. My model would probably be the lowest priced. The BDP-93 and 95 models were the last Cinavia free models. Mine's been kind of acting up lately, and I will gladly spend the money to refurbish / clean / repair it, due to it's being Pre-Cinavia...