Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 25th June 2020, 18:46   #981  |  Link
VBB

I also started using .17 without any issues.
Old 26th June 2020, 00:16   #982  |  Link
clsid

1.9.6 is available.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2020, 12:33   #983  |  Link
PCU

wow, fast updates, thanks.
PCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2020, 12:36   #984  |  Link
shimarin

Anyone know how to make the subtitles for wide aspect ratio movies (2.35:1) the same size as 16:9 movies while having them positioned relative to the video frame?
shimarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2020, 16:14   #985  |  Link
clsid

That is not possible. They are scaled based on displayed video size (or more specific the height in case of wide video).
Old 19th July 2020, 08:16   #986  |  Link
Nintendo Maniac 64

I'm not sure if this is a defect or intentional behavior in the program (I tested in the 64bit versions of both release v1.9.6 and development v1.9.6.28)...

The "Dub" function in the "Open File/URL" seems to ignore the "delay" value in .MKA audio streams with at least the AAC codec if it is set to a positive value (in my case it was set to 6000ms). Same goes for if you have a separate audio and video file with both in matroska containers of the same file name (you know, where if you have video.mkv and video.mka in the same folder and open video.mkv, it'll automatically dub in the audio from video.mka).

However, as soon as you mux that .MKA with the delayed audio into the same MKV as the video stream via something like mkvtoolnix, the audio delay works accordingly.

Interestingly this is only with delays of positive values - a delay of a negative value always works.
2x2GB+2x1GB DDR3-1333 | 4x4GB DDR3-1600       

Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64; 19th July 2020 at 08:20.
Nintendo Maniac 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2020, 16:26   #987  |  Link
clsid

You could try dubdelay command line parameter.

I an not interested in supporting such dubs. Mux them together if you want proper playback.
Old 21st July 2020, 09:20   #988  |  Link
brad86

Still hoping dual audio render option is on the way. I really want to move away from Potplayer and its blaoty crap as MPC-HC is clean and feels really snappy in comparison, but having to change audio-out every time I move from my desktop to living room setup is annoying.
brad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2020, 09:59   #989  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad86 View Post
Still hoping dual audio render option is on the way. I really want to move away from Potplayer and its blaoty crap as MPC-HC is clean and feels really snappy in comparison, but having to change audio-out every time I move from my desktop to living room setup is annoying.
You can start MPC-HC with an audio output flag if that helps.
Or just always use only 1 audio device in the OS and change that!
Old 21st July 2020, 15:36   #990  |  Link
clsid

In Windows 10 you can left click on the volume icon in the system tray to quickly change the output device.
Old 21st July 2020, 16:52   #991  |  Link
Klaus1189

@brad86: Take also a look at MPC-BE which has dual audio renderer option and is similar to MPC-HC and also very lightweight
Klaus1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2020, 12:26   #992  |  Link
Vectraone

Looking for help on keyboard focus issues....I think.

I've been using MPC-HC for several years now without any issues. Just recently, when I start playing a video, the keyboard keys don't work until I right click the mouse bringing up the MPC menu, which I've assumed returns focus. Then all is fine again.

I ran a Windows focus logger program in the background but can't see anything untoward.

I use Kodi as the front end that opens MPC and MadVR on a Windows 10 pc, all updated to the latest non beta versions. I've tried going back and using an older MPC but to no avail.

Anyone else have similar issues or suggestions of what else to try?

Thanks
Vectraone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2020, 14:42   #993  |  Link
clsid

Maybe this:
Quote:
Launcher4Kodi Users: You must specify all external players in the program and set each to maintain focus during playback by selecting Focus External Player in the External Players tab. Otherwise, mouse and remote control will not work.
Old 23rd July 2020, 13:04   #994  |  Link
Vectraone

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Maybe this:
I don't use Launcher4kodi but thanks for the thought.

Cheers.
Vectraone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2020, 22:30   #995  |  Link
adipose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectraone View Post
Looking for help on keyboard focus issues....I think.

I've been using MPC-HC for several years now without any issues. Just recently, when I start playing a video, the keyboard keys don't work until I right click the mouse bringing up the MPC menu, which I've assumed returns focus. Then all is fine again.

I ran a Windows focus logger program in the background but can't see anything untoward.

I use Kodi as the front end that opens MPC and MadVR on a Windows 10 pc, all updated to the latest non beta versions. I've tried going back and using an older MPC but to no avail.

Anyone else have similar issues or suggestions of what else to try?

Thanks

If you've tried older versions and the trouble persists, it seems something other than mpc-hc is likely causing the problem. However, you could try resettting your mpc-hc settings (after exporting them), and seeing if it helps.

If it doesn't, you've ruled out both mpc-hc versions and mpc-hc settings, leaving the unlikely possibility of an mpc-hc bug that only recently started affecting just you (that we know of).
adipose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2020, 00:24   #996  |  Link
adipose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
I'm not sure if this is a defect or intentional behavior in the program (I tested in the 64bit versions of both release v1.9.6 and development v1.9.6.28)...

The "Dub" function in the "Open File/URL" seems to ignore the "delay" value in .MKA audio streams with at least the AAC codec if it is set to a positive value (in my case it was set to 6000ms). Same goes for if you have a separate audio and video file with both in matroska containers of the same file name (you know, where if you have video.mkv and video.mka in the same folder and open video.mkv, it'll automatically dub in the audio from video.mka).

However, as soon as you mux that .MKA with the delayed audio into the same MKV as the video stream via something like mkvtoolnix, the audio delay works accordingly.

Interestingly this is only with delays of positive values - a delay of a negative value always works.
Send me a sample that causes the problem. I may take a look at it some day. You can submit an issue on github to track it.
adipose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2020, 14:32   #997  |  Link
butterw2

Image processing/rendering in mpc-hc is done in 8bit by default, is full 10bit processing possible with EVR-CP / DXVA2 ?

I get the following (with a typical x264/x265 yuv420 8 or 10bit movie encode ):
with MPC-HC/BE Menu: View > Renderer Settings > Display Statistics (Ctrl+J),
- YUY2 by default at EVR Mixer output (4:2:2, upscaled chroma ? the Lav video decoder output would be NV12 or YV12).
+ "Force 10bit RGB Input": RGB32 X8RGB888 Mixer Output (not 10-bit !?) I usually have this activated.
+ "10bit RGB output": A2R10G10B10 Processing Surface (Used for pixel shader textures ?)
+ "D3D fullscreen mode": A2R10G10B10 on Back-Buffer/Display

So it seems the YUV to sRGB conversion doesn't always happen at the same place in the pipeline ?
butterw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2020, 15:59   #998  |  Link
clsid

The processing is done on the surface.

Backbuffer/display/mixer output is all at the end of the chain. If you get YUY2 it means you probably haven't set RGB output in your driver settings. It is unrelated to the decoder output.
Old 2nd August 2020, 00:04   #999  |  Link
butterw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
The processing is done on the surface.

Backbuffer/display/mixer output is all at the end of the chain. If you get YUY2 it means you probably haven't set RGB output in your driver settings. It is unrelated to the decoder output.
With "Force 10bit RGB Input", it works OK:
A2R10G10B10 Processing Surface + RGB32 X8R8G8B8 Mixer Output, with 8 bit monitor.
The graphics driver only has a YCbCr output option, which is disabled.
Mpc-be always has mixer output: RGB32.

Does mpc-hc support full 10bit video processing (with EVR-CP options "Force 10bit RGB Input" + "10bit RGB output" + "D3D fullscreen mode") with a 10 bit monitor ?
butterw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2020, 04:45   #1000  |  Link
kuchikirukia

I get no option to pick madVR or xysubfilter with v1.9.7 32-bit. They show as unavailable when I just installed them.
(how do you strike through on this forum?)

And does somebody have a link to 1.7.13? Someone has taken it down from mpc-hc.org. (rude)
Never mind, I found one. http://mediaplayerclassic.com/downlo...c-home-cinema/

Ok, madVR and xysubfilter are showing as unavailable on 1.7.13 as well so idk what I did wrong. I ran their install scripts as administrator like I always did before.

"regsvr32.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command"
Hm, maybe this has something to do with it. I wonder why madVR reports Installation Successful?

Last edited by kuchikirukia; 2nd August 2020 at 04:57.
kuchikirukia is offline   Reply With Quote