Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 22nd September 2010, 18:57   #9621  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
Ah, "leading M2TS files", that sounds like the culprit. Since the Studio Canal clip has zero delay, BDRB probably dismisses the audio delay of the actual main movie m2ts. Well, once this test is done (30 minutes to go), I'll skip right back to 0.34.9 and have it run the movie-only backup.

This is the German release, so...

edit: Audio sync is fine on the tsremux -> BDRB recompressed output without Canal Studio logo.
Does the leading M2TS actually have audio? If so, is the audio the same length as the video clip?

BTW, BD-RB knows which M2TS is where the "main" portion of the movie begins and adjusts based on that one, so what you're saying isn't completely accurate. What I'm trying to find out is whether the new code I added is causing an issue -- not whether the original adjustment is working.

Last edited by jdobbs; 22nd September 2010 at 19:26.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 20:15   #9622  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StHapns247 View Post
So the 28 Days Later issue isn't as bad as I thought. When watching in my PS3 the syncing is not so bad, it was mostly watching in my PC before I burnt it that I noticed it.

However, the data disc problem still exists. I'm using Verbatim DVDs, like I have used to burn dozens of other discs with, and ImgBurn using UDF 2.5 which I have always used.

Any thoughts?
Just an FYI. I ran "28 Days Later" and everything works correctly. It's in-sync and the burned disc plays correctly on my standalone.
Old 22nd September 2010, 20:40   #9623  |  Link
humphammer

Directors cut

I know this is not exactly a bug, but when you are backing up a movie with both a theatrical, and an extended version, and you are doing a movie only backup is there anyway to choose one over the other....example Robin Hood I would have liked to have backed up the extended version, however bdrebuilder chose the theatrical version instead.

Thanks
humphammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 22:22   #9624  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs

Hi!

Just wanted to let you know, now that it's officially available in the U.S., I was able to generate a beautiful full disc version of "Robin Hood" on a DVD-9 - including both a theatrical and an extended version, as well as a director's "notebook" version (video and audio), and all extras!

And, saving the best for last, it's a Universal release with the typical Universal "slide-out, slide-in" menu - and it works PERFECTLY!

One can only wonder if those who obtained "problematic" discs, before I was able to get mine, can now overcome their problems...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 22:52   #9625  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@jdobbs

Hi!

Just wanted to let you know, now that it's officially available in the U.S., I was able to generate a beautiful full disc version of "Robin Hood" on a DVD-9 - including both a theatrical and an extended version, as well as a director's "notebook" version (video and audio), and all extras!

And, saving the best for last, it's a Universal release with the typical Universal "slide-out, slide-in" menu - and it works PERFECTLY!

One can only wonder if those who obtained "problematic" discs, before I was able to get mine, can now overcome their problems...
Do you have a Sony player? I also did it to bd-9 and when it changes branches (I was watching the director's cut) the sound vanishes on the sony, to return when the branch changes again. You can see this at the beginning when after the credits it loses sound for the scene when Robin is making his way to camp. It plays fine on my samsung and pc.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 22:55   #9626  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by humphammer View Post
I know this is not exactly a bug, but when you are backing up a movie with both a theatrical, and an extended version, and you are doing a movie only backup is there anyway to choose one over the other....example Robin Hood I would have liked to have backed up the extended version, however bdrebuilder chose the theatrical version instead.

Thanks
Yes, that's what the "Other Movie-Only Playlist" selection on the MODE menu is for. Just choose the playlist that contains the Extended Version. It's usually the one that is slightly longer than the default selection.
Old 23rd September 2010, 01:32   #9627  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Does the leading M2TS actually have audio? If so, is the audio the same length as the video clip?
Leading m2ts:

Code:
Video
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                   : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC           : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames        : 4 frames
Duration                         : 20s 916ms
Bit rate mode                    : Variable
Maximum bit rate                 : 30.0 Mbps
Width                            : 1 920 pixels
Height                           : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16:9
Frame rate                       : 24.000 fps
Standard                         : NTSC
Color space                      : YUV
Chroma subsampling               : 4:2:0
Bit depth                        : 8 bits
Scan type                        : Progressive

Audio #1
Format                           : DTS
Format/Info                      : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile                   : MA
Muxing mode                      : Stream extension
Duration                         : 20s 992ms
Channel(s)                       : 6 channels
Channel positions                : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                        : 16 bits
Main movie m2ts:

Code:
Video
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                   : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC           : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames        : 4 frames
Duration                         : 1h 48mn
Maximum bit rate                 : 30.0 Mbps
Width                            : 1 920 pixels
Height                           : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16:9
Frame rate                       : 24.000 fps
Standard                         : NTSC
Color space                      : YUV
Chroma subsampling               : 4:2:0
Bit depth                        : 8 bits
Scan type                        : Progressive

Audio #1
Format                           : DTS
Format/Info                      : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile                   : MA
Muxing mode                      : Stream extension
Duration                         : 1h 48mn
Channel(s)                       : 6 channels
Channel positions                : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                        : 24 bits
Video delay                      : 624ms
Well guessed that the leading m2ts has longer audio than video

I did another movie-only backup with 0.34.08 (couldn't find .09) and the audio is out of sync. Audio has a negative delay of approx. half a second.

Last edited by colinhunt; 23rd September 2010 at 01:35.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 01:45   #9628  |  Link
jdobbs

That's good. It means that this is a problem particular to that source and not something caused by the new code.
Old 23rd September 2010, 02:33   #9629  |  Link
humphammer

Quote:
Yes, that's what the "Other Movie-Only Playlist" selection on the MODE menu is for. Just choose the playlist that contains the Extended Version. It's usually the one that is slightly longer than the default selection.
Thanks, I found it and it works just as you said. Thanks for all the hard work you have an outstanding program. I used the latest 34:11 with LAVF on and where I normally get about 22 fps I got 30 fps, was much faster. BTW the default selection was the version that had the movie in stills with the directors comments, but was exactly the same length as the theatrical version.

For anyone that intends to make a movie only backup of Robin Hood be careful there are two versions of both the theatrical version and the extended version....both are the exact same length, theatrical is 2:20, extended is 2:35 but if you want to backup the movie make sure you choose the one with 21 chapters, not 12 ....the ones with 12 chapters have the movie in stills with the directors comments, but are the exact same length.

Last edited by humphammer; 23rd September 2010 at 02:53.
humphammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 02:38   #9630  |  Link
setarip_old

@drmih

Hi!
Quote:
Do you have a Sony player?
Yes, I have a 360.

No, it didn't lose sound at any point - and I made a point of switching many times between the theatrical, extended, and "director's notebook versions (As well as "Extras"). Perhaps you didn't keep the second English audiostream? (I believe it's used for the "Director's notebook".)
Old 23rd September 2010, 03:14   #9631  |  Link
misoyaki

Newbie here. I have successfully backed up about 30 BD titles in the previous version. However in the current BD Rebuilder v0.34.11 I get the following prompt.

-----------------------
[15:55:48] BD Rebuilder v0.34.11 (beta)
- Source: LOGICAL_VOLUME_ID
- Input BD size: 27.86 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:12:11.006]
- Target BD size: 22.66 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Auto Quality: Good (Very Fast), ABR
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
- [15:55:49] DoEncoding() 00052 1506
[15:55:56] - Failed to complete.
How should I proceed? I do not understand the "DoEncoding...". I have reinstalled all of the required software several times but still failed. I tried to "Uninstall" the BD Rebuilder v0.34.11 but cannot find it. I do see the DVD Rebuilder Pro, but not v0.34.11. Thank you in advance for any advice.
misoyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 03:34   #9632  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by misoyaki View Post
Newbie here. I have successfully backed up about 30 BD titles in the previous version. However in the current BD Rebuilder v0.34.11 I get the following prompt.

-----------------------
[15:55:48] BD Rebuilder v0.34.11 (beta)
- Source: LOGICAL_VOLUME_ID
- Input BD size: 27.86 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:12:11.006]
- Target BD size: 22.66 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Auto Quality: Good (Very Fast), ABR
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
- [15:55:49] DoEncoding() 00052 1506
[15:55:56] - Failed to complete.
How should I proceed? I do not understand the "DoEncoding...". I have reinstalled all of the required software several times but still failed. I tried to "Uninstall" the BD Rebuilder v0.34.11 but cannot find it. I do see the DVD Rebuilder Pro, but not v0.34.11. Thank you in advance for any advice.
I looked at that section. It's doing a simple directory scan. The only way I could see that error there would be if the working path was somehow weird... (bad characters?). More likely though would be a bad rip.

To uninstall BD-RB you just delete the folder it's in and unzip again.

I'd bet, though, that if you went back to a previous version you'd have the same problem... it sounds like something is corrupted in the source.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd September 2010 at 03:37.
Old 23rd September 2010, 03:39   #9633  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by humphammer View Post
Thanks, I found it and it works just as you said. Thanks for all the hard work you have an outstanding program. I used the latest 34:11 with LAVF on and where I normally get about 22 fps I got 30 fps, was much faster. BTW the default selection was the version that had the movie in stills with the directors comments, but was exactly the same length as the theatrical version.

For anyone that intends to make a movie only backup of Robin Hood be careful there are two versions of both the theatrical version and the extended version....both are the exact same length, theatrical is 2:20, extended is 2:35 but if you want to backup the movie make sure you choose the one with 21 chapters, not 12 ....the ones with 12 chapters have the movie in stills with the directors comments, but are the exact same length.
In total time I'd have to guess the one with stills is a few seconds longer. When two are the same, BD-RB should choose the one with more chapters. Frankly, though, since there really is no flag saying "I am the feature" -- it's a bit of a guessing game. Most of the time, though, the guess is pretty easy.
Old 23rd September 2010, 03:47   #9634  |  Link
Lynxs

Quote:
@jdobbs

Hi!

Hey @setarip_old,

Could you check these specific extra rips on your ROBIN HOOD Backup:

VID_00364 -> 00366

These are the extras (and the only tracks) I'm having issues with audio sync. They're original MPEG files at 480i and at 59 fps. The result on my full movie backup BD-9 using 34.11 is a tremendous amount of compression on these tracks (I assume because they're being reencoded using an MPEG compression from an extremely large file to more than 1/5 their original size) and the audio sync since its been re-encoded at 1/2 their framerate down to 29 fps.

Let me know what you find and if your results are ok .. what settings were you using. Thanks
Lynxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 04:42   #9635  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxs View Post
Hey @setarip_old,

Could you check these specific extra rips on your ROBIN HOOD Backup:

VID_00364 -> 00366

These are the extras (and the only tracks) I'm having issues with audio sync. They're original MPEG files at 480i and at 59 fps. The result on my full movie backup BD-9 using 34.11 is a tremendous amount of compression on these tracks (I assume because they're being reencoded using an MPEG compression from an extremely large file to more than 1/5 their original size) and the audio sync since its been re-encoded at 1/2 their framerate down to 29 fps.

Let me know what you find and if your results are ok .. what settings were you using. Thanks
There is no such thing in the Blu-Ray standard as 480i at 60 (59.94) frames per second. When you see a reference to 60i -- it is referring to 60 fields per second (30 frames). So the original has to actually be 30fps (29.97fps).

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd September 2010 at 04:47.
Old 23rd September 2010, 05:42   #9636  |  Link
setarip_old

@Lynxs

Hi!

1) tsMuxeR indicates that all three are "720x480i 29.97fps (pulldown)"
2) You are correct (I guess my sample-checking technique on the extras let the first one get by) that the first of the three BD-RB-converted clips (00364.MT2S) you mentioned is, in fact, out of synch, whereas the original is not.
3) 00365.M2TS and 00366.M2TS start with momentary black screens, but are in synch throughout.

High quality, idle priority settings were used...
Old 23rd September 2010, 05:48   #9637  |  Link
Lynxs

Quote:
@Lynxs

Hi!

1) tsMuxeR indicates that all three are "720x480i 29.97fps (pulldown)"
2) You are correct (I guess my sample-checking technique on the extras let the first one get by) that the first of the three BD-RB-converted clips (00364.MT2S) you mentioned is, in fact, out of synch, whereas the original is not.
3) 00365.M2TS and 00366.M2TS start with momentary black screens, but are in synch throughout.

High quality, idle priority settings were used...
Thanks for the update. All 3 of mine were out of sync.. almost seems like the video is moving too fast. I know tsMuxer and BDR reports 29.97 fps but on the original m2ts file VLC Media Player strangely reports 59 fps and MPC reports 29 fps... I'm just wondering which ones right and if this has an affect during the encoding. Also, did your backup for these extras have very heavy compression?

Last edited by Lynxs; 23rd September 2010 at 06:03.
Old 23rd September 2010, 08:58   #9638  |  Link
morenosgth

Resize 720p 1080p
GOP open to use encryption
convert SD to HD (720)
Using Filters in intetlaced DECOMB sources
not convert DTS to AC3 (Blu-ray)
do or recode AC3 (Blu-ray)
vbs to use AC3 encording 448
use192Kbs, 2 channel AC3 encording
AVCHD BD strict -5/9 only film
Guests-only playback loop
worfiles removed after reconstruction
autput delete the folder after recording
avs filters during the encoding
keep only BDMV / CERTIFICATE FOLDERS
lavf internal use for decoding X264
These choices jdobbs, which I recommend to install the program work better. I intent is FullHD quality. thank you very much
morenosgth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010, 11:33   #9639  |  Link
Lynxs

@jdobbs,

Is there any possible way to change the order in which BD-R reencodes the tracks? At times, I'm adjusting settings to get the best possible encoding for a particular track(s) to determine if I'm dealing with a bug or not.. it would be great to sort these re-encodes so they take place earlier rather than later. It would just save me some time.

-Lynx
Old 23rd September 2010, 12:46   #9640  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
That's good. It means that this is a problem particular to that source and not something caused by the new code.
Yeah, there's something really wonky about this disc. For example, neither RipBot or MeGUI's Stream extractor is able to extract a chapter list from it. Nevertheless, main movie file remuxed with tsmuxer to a 30GB Blu-ray, then compressed by BD-RB to a BD25 results in a movie-only backup with audio in sync... So at least it can be done in a roundabout way.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote