Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 6th July 2009, 15:52   #921  |  Link
drjake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post

Do you get the same error by using the Preview Clip window from the main window?
Do you have a directshow compatible codec installed (like ffdshow)?
I get the error with both preview windows. I do have FFDSHOW installed.
drjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 22:18   #922  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@drjake

from AVStoDVD help section:

Quote:
The Internal Player uses DirectShow ActiveMovie Library (quartz.dll), distributed with DirectX since release 8. To function properly, installed codecs must be compatible with ActiveMovie (like ffdshow).

NOTE 1: if you cannot see any preview (i.e. image stays gray while playback is running), please check your Video Decoder Configuration (see FFDShow configuration example)

NOTE 2: if you get program crashes or system instability, please try the following (keep the order):
- check your video and audio codecs
- toggle off "Unload DirectShow ActiveMovie library at runtime" in Preferences - Misc
- select "Use External Player" in Paths Settings Tab.
Instability may be caused by: lots of codec installed (remove some of them), ffdshow unstable builds (use only stable ones) or broken DirectShow libraries (reinstall MS DirectX).

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 22:46   #923  |  Link
rendez2k

I've been playing with the menu editor again (not used it for a while to be honest!).... a couple of quick questions.

1. In a text only menu, if I change the size/font of one menu item, can I apply it to all?

2. Is it possible to save a menu layout?

3. Can text be left/right aligned?

4. I assume the highlight colour can't be changed yet?

The whole app is becoming very accomplished. Its looking great!

Edit: Also, what are the different options for the AC3 encoder? Any better than others? Had issues with a movie file yesterday where the audio sounded 'speeded up'

Last edited by rendez2k; 6th July 2009 at 22:53.
rendez2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 08:50   #924  |  Link
Filbert

I just found out that I now can send video files straight from my video editor to AVStoDVD (thanx to the added drag & drop / extended CL support). Thanx for that

Small bug:
If I add a demultiplexed mpeg file (file.mpv + file.ac3) and the audio file is named wrong (eg fille.ac3) than the saved project file is empty. Of course the project then has no sound as the files are not corresponding, but the project file shouldn't be empty I think. If I rename the audio file to the correct name and re-add then the project file is okay. I found this one when adding 14 demultiplexed video/audio files and one audio file was named wrong.
This also happens when just removing an existing audio track in the "Source Titles" window -> empty project file.

Greets, Filbert
Filbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 15:15   #925  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendez2k View Post
I've been playing with the menu editor again (not used it for a while to be honest!).... a couple of quick questions.

1. In a text only menu, if I change the size/font of one menu item, can I apply it to all?

2. Is it possible to save a menu layout?

3. Can text be left/right aligned?

4. I assume the highlight colour can't be changed yet?

The whole app is becoming very accomplished. Its looking great!

Edit: Also, what are the different options for the AC3 encoder? Any better than others? Had issues with a movie file yesterday where the audio sounded 'speeded up'
1. Yes, you can: click on the lock icon before making changes to title properties.
2. No, but it is in the ToDo list. Anyway you can manually add/edit templates in the folder \AVStoDVD\Menu\Templates
3. No, I will add
4. No, not yet, but same as 2.
5. Thanks! That's because of your suggestions!
6. Generally speaking, Aften is better than QuEnc and Wavi is faster than ffmpeg. So best choice is Wavi+Aften. Use others options only if you have problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filbert View Post
Small bug:
If I add a demultiplexed mpeg file (file.mpv + file.ac3) and the audio file is named wrong (eg fille.ac3) than the saved project file is empty. Of course the project then has no sound as the files are not corresponding, but the project file shouldn't be empty I think. If I rename the audio file to the correct name and re-add then the project file is okay. I found this one when adding 14 demultiplexed video/audio files and one audio file was named wrong.
This also happens when just removing an existing audio track in the "Source Titles" window -> empty project file.
Thanks, there was a bug in the Save Project routine (at least one audio track was requested). Will be fixed with 2.2.1.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 8th July 2009, 15:24   #926  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
P.S. I have released the 2.2.0 2 days ago and I have already found a bug: when encoding 5.1 AAC tracks to 5.1 AC3 tracks, channels mapping is wrong. Correct mapping should be 2-1-3-4-6-5. Shame on me.
I have made more investigations and I found out that as a matter of fact Aften does not need any 5+1 channel remapping, whatever the source is, while QuEnc needs GetChannel(1,3,2,5,6,4) adjustement.

Please take note that:
- all releases make wrong (5.1) AAC->AC3, DTS->AC3 audio conversions
- releases 2.1.3 / 2.1.4 / 2.2.0 make wrong (5.1) AC3->AC3 when using Aften. No errors if AC3 audio track is retained.

If you want to manually adjust this error, you must edit AviSynth script.

Sorry for this annoying drawback.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum

Last edited by MrC; 9th July 2009 at 09:19. Reason: Typo
Old 8th July 2009, 22:22   #927  |  Link
wg

Has the 'No DVD Menu' option been removed from the latest version?
wg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 09:21   #928  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by wg View Post
Has the 'No DVD Menu' option been removed from the latest version?
No, it doesn't. 'No Menu' is the default choice, overridden if you select 'DVD Menu Wizard'.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 9th July 2009, 23:17   #929  |  Link
wg

Quote:
No, it doesn't. 'No Menu' is the default choice, overridden if you select 'DVD Menu Wizard'.

Bye
Thanks for the swift reply, missed that, haven't been following the forum as closely as I should have been recently.
wg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 12:36   #930  |  Link
Flux

How I can do PAL 4% speed up for audio? I tried using this, but it doesn't work for audio.

Video = Video.AssumeFPS(25)
Video = Video.AddBorders(0,6,0,6)
Video = Video.Spline36Resize(720,576)

Audio = Audio.AssumeFPS(25,sync_audio=true)
Audio = Audio.SSRC(48000)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
Old 17th July 2009, 13:01   #931  |  Link
toology

Perhaps you should encode audio separately, I believe eac3to GUI has the option for speedup. You can even use HDConverttoX, it has audio only option.
toology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 12:56   #932  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@Flux

what is exactly your purpose? Why do you have to speed up audio? Remember that only video, not audio, has frames.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 18th July 2009, 18:44   #933  |  Link
Flux

I have a PAL TV, so it doesn't like DVD frame rates 23.976 or 29.97. The problem is that audio will go out of sync and it need to be speed up by ~ 4%, if video is turned to 25 fps. I'm not sure about adding extra frames to get 25 fps, because TextSub doesn't seem to like it. Texts are "pulsing" every second or so and minor stuttering is annoying too. Only speed up would work, but it is kinda "hard" to extract audio, process it with audio editor and then put it back to AVStoDVD. I'm just a lazy butt and wonder if there is easier way to do it.
Old 18th July 2009, 20:21   #934  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Theoretically speaking, if you have a 23.976 fps source and you have to convert to PAL DVD, the correct way to do is:

- convert video to mpeg2 staying at 23.976 fps
- apply pulldown to 25 fps (dgpulldown IS the tool)
- convert audio to ac3/mp2/wav/dts without any speed change
- author to DVD

(that's AVStoDVD path, of course).

Where do your issues come out? Do you have same problem as toology reported?

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 19th July 2009, 11:06   #935  |  Link
Flux

When letting to do DGpulldown for 23.976 -> 25, video has "pulse" effect every 9th frame or something like that. It is most noticeable with hard encoded bright subtitles. This happens for original built-in movie subtitles too (ending credits for example).

This GIF animation shows the pulse effect. It is a bit slower actually, but couldn't time it right for GIF.
http://personal.inet.fi/koti/kst/testi.gif
Old 20th July 2009, 22:25   #936  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

If DGPulldown creates that pulse effect (BTW it should not, maybe neuron2, the author, can help us to understand why), you should go with ChangeFPS/ConvertFPS. Take a look at AviSynth documentation for AssumeFPS/ChangeFPS/ConvertFPS differences and be careful if your source is not progressive (see end of AviSynth doc page).
AssumeFPS is generally to be avoided because:

Quote:
The AssumeFPS filter changes the frame rate without changing the frame count (causing the video to play faster or slower). It only sets the framerate-parameter
If sync_audio is true, it also changes the audio sample rate by the same ratio, the pitch of the resulting audio gets shifted.
It means that you risk to change audio sample rate, going out of DVD-Video spec. Instead by using your script:

Quote:
Audio = Audio.AssumeFPS(25,sync_audio=true)
Audio = Audio.SSRC(48000)
assuming that your input file has already 48000 Hz audio rate, you are speeding up audio (from 48000 to 48000*25/23.976) and then speeding down it (from 48000*25/23.976 to 48000): no sample rate change change and out of sync guarantee.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum

Last edited by MrC; 20th July 2009 at 22:34. Reason: More details
Old 29th July 2009, 21:51   #937  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Release 2.2.1 is out

Change log:

- Some bugs fixed
- Added 'Import Chapters' option to 'Title Edit'/'Chapters' (IfoEdit CellTimes format supported)
- Added 'Force PlayAll Selection' option to DVD Menu Wizard
- Added 'Text Alignment' options to DVD Menu Editor
- Added 'Toolbar Position' customization ('Standard' or 'Floating') to DVD Menu Editor
- Added text output (debug purpose) to A2DSource.avsi function
- Changed DVD Menu Background and PlayAll image files format: from jpg to bmp
- Improved DVD Menu Editor graphical items handling with mouse
- Improved AviSynth script generation routine (fixed 5.1 channels audio mapping issue, Audio source brought to script top)
- Improved log activity
- FFmpeg updated to r19159
- MediaInfo updated to 0.7.19

Happy conversions! Post here any issues or suggestions.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 29th July 2009, 22:33   #938  |  Link
rendez2k

Possible small bug: set my DVD title to left aligned and in the preview it centres - not tried a full output yet.
rendez2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 07:27   #939  |  Link
OAKside
Cat

Thanks again for all the updates and hard work on AVStoDVD, MrC! I've used The FilmMachine and FAVC in the past, but AVStoDVD has taken over so-to-speak for a while now.

I noticed a trend in my logs pointing to a problem since installing ~2.2.0. Seems to calculate bitrate wrong, ends up creating video file over 5 GB, ReJig always needed to transcode. Many times even the transcode would end up slightly too big, which was my first alert to this problem. Reverted to AVStoDVD 2.1.4 and (even with HCenc 0.2.4 beta) no longer see these problems in logs.

Has this been verified and/or fixed in 2.2.1? Maybe I missed it in the search.

Code:
<7/2/2009 8:59:13 PM>
START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
Encoding Profile: HCenc VBR 2-pass
Target Video FileSize: 4242.3 MB
HCenc Parameters: -ini "C:\Output\AVSD\OMG_0_OMG.HCenc.ini"
HCenc ini file:
*INFILE C:\Output\AVSD\OMG_0_OMG.avs
*AVSRELOAD
*OUTFILE C:\Output\AVSD\OMG_0_OMG.m2v
*LOGFILE C:\Output\AVSD\OMG_0_OMG.HCenc.log
*MAXBITRATE 9000
*BITRATE 7374
*PROFILE BEST
*ASPECT 16:9
*PROGRESSIVE
*BIAS 70
*DC_PREC 10
*MATRIX MPEG
*AQ 1
*LUMGAIN 0
*SMP
*PRIORITY IDLE
*WAIT 2
<>

<7/2/2009 10:40:51 PM>
END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
Created File: C:\Output\AVSD\OMG_0_OMG.m2v (5248.4 MB)
OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 7429 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps - Progressive - 1:40:26 hours - 144490 frames
<>

<7/2/2009 10:40:51 PM>
START TRANSCODING OPERATIONS
ReJig Parameters: -size 4242 -o "C:\Output\AVSD\OMG_0_OMG.ReJig.m2v" -i "C:\Output\AVSD\OMG_0_OMG.m2v" -auto -close -quiet
<>

<7/2/2009 10:45:26 PM>
END TRANSCODING OPERATIONS
Transcoding executed on File: C:\Output\AVSD\OMG_0_OMG.m2v (4241.8 MB)
OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 6003 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps - Progressive - 1:40:26 hours - 144490 frames
<>
PS - Donated! (Robert M., USA)

PPS - I made an icon for AVStoDVD a while back (a hobby of mine).
OAKside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 16:57   #940  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@rendez2k

yes, you are right, DVD Title alignment is working only in Edit Mode. Will fix it. Thanks! Thumbs label alignment is OK.

@OAKside

your issue (NTSC bitrate calculation bug) with 2.2.0 is known. Please check release 2.2.1 because it should have been fixed now.
Thanks for the donation! And the Vista style icon looks very beutiful! Good job!

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum

Last edited by MrC; 30th July 2009 at 16:59.