Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 18th November 2020, 11:06   #1  |  Link
Strigoyu

Help with strange Bluray configuration

Hi, mates! The reason why I'm writing here is to expose the case of a strange Bluray configuration.

I'm Spanish and I buy a lot of commercial Bluray movies (not released here) from all over the world and use them to put Spanish (Castillian) audio and subtitles. The problem with some Blurays from certain labels (POWERHOUSE/INDICATOR from the UK being one of them) is that I've noted that they use a veeeery strange structure on their latest Bluray releases. It's such a strange one that I haven't been able to manage to add the desirable Spanish audio and subtitles (using the "TSMuxer method" and so on) since there are quite a lot of ".m2ts" files (hundreds, I'd say) for the main movie. I've also tried multiAVCHD 4.1 with no satisfactory results. So, since a picture is worth a thousand words, I've attached both a BDInfo report and a BDRebuilder Log (I always get an error with this software whenever I encode this kind of Blurays) of one of these "strange" Blurays so that you can have a look at the Bluray configuration. Also, a screen cap of BDInfo:

Have you ever come across with this kind of Blurays? In that case, how could you manage to handle them? Hope someone can give a hand and help (not only me but maybe a lot of people out there) with these "nightmare structures", as I call them, since they cause me nightmares at night Thanks in advance, mates!!!
Attached Files
File Type: txt ABSOLUTION_1978_BDInfo Report TXT.txt (10.7 KB, 85 views)
File Type: txt BDRebuilder Log.txt (4.8 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by Strigoyu; 18th November 2020 at 13:57.
Strigoyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2020, 11:56   #2  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Can't help until the attachments are approved, which can take a while. Put them on a hosting site for us. Or PM a moderator and ask them to approve your attachments.
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2020, 15:33   #3  |  Link
jdobbs

All I can add is that the error ("Reading buffer overflow.") is coming from TSMUXER while trying to extract the audio and subtitle streams.
Old 18th November 2020, 15:48   #4  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Perhaps it is the large number of M2TS files. If you want to try a different process, perhaps you can try DGDemux or EAC3TO to extract the elementary streams and then go from there. DGDemux does very well with such seamless branching, while EAC3TO may have problems in some cases but generally also works.
Old 18th November 2020, 19:08   #5  |  Link
Strigoyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoh View Post
Perhaps it is the large number of M2TS files. If you want to try a different process, perhaps you can try DGDemux or EAC3TO to extract the elementary streams and then go from there. DGDemux does very well with such seamless branching, while EAC3TO may have problems in some cases but generally also works.
Yes, but that wouldn't let me do what I really want to: put Spanish audio and subs while keeping the original menus.

Any other idea?
Strigoyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2020, 20:56   #6  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Unless you want to re-author the bluray using proper authoring tools, no.
Old 19th November 2020, 15:53   #7  |  Link
jdobbs

You might try deselecting all the audio/subtitle streams and then adding them back one at a time until you find the one(s) that are causing the issue.