Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26th February 2018, 10:09   #341  |  Link
burfadel

Could you upload a short few seconds clip? It's hard to make suggestions without knowing what you're working with
burfadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 10:58   #342  |  Link
phazer11

When I can. Rig is going full bore on a batch job atm. A bit about the source. it's an anime from the 90's on BD it's from film stock not sure what kind can't find a description of the type film used. At any rate, hoping to cut out SMDegrain as it's bogging things down, it's also not completely able to get rid of the grain on it's own. In order to get any results with SMDegrain I had to use the thSCD1 parameter at 2400 then add in the settings from my next best setup. When I thought to add in your filter (at default settings mind you) it fixed all the remaining imperfections, well the ones that can be fixed without destroying details. Though there are some super fine details the script can't help but do something to
Code:
SMDegrain(tr = 12, thSAD = 800, thSADC = 400, contrasharp = false, refinemotion = false, interlaced = false, pel = 1, subpixel = 3, prefilter = 0, blksize = 16, search = 5, Truemotion = false, thSCD1 = 2400, lsb = false)
mClean()
My laptop isn't great so it'll take several hours overnight to get to the 7-9% point in the first episode (my benchmark as it's easily the worst section I've seen so far). If you could give me a better run down on the syntax for your filter I could try things out. From reading it looked like your filter shares several of the functions as I'd expect though I'm having trouble with syntax. It's been a while since I looked at syntax or code, especially for filters as I didn't have a computer capable for a while, just got some help with a deinterlacing issue (man I'm glad things are progressive these days, though the one I needed help with was fairly nasty).

Here's a before and after shot with the current settings on one of my test frames. The grain is quite dancy and changes pretty much every frame, the script works it just has a lot of overhead from running two filters that I'd like to cut out by cutting SMDegrain out.
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/133368

Edit: Also, updated to your latest version and am getting an error through MVtools (clip and super clip have different bit depths) no idea why.

Last edited by phazer11; 3rd March 2018 at 03:11.
phazer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2018, 22:15   #343  |  Link
zub35

burfadel Is it possible to add a multiplier or passes. For example, with ultra high compression (periscope streams), have to apply mClean twice, which worsens the speed.
Example

ccd(20,1) #Camcorder color denoise
mClean(deband=0,rn=0)
mClean(rn=0)
aWarpSharp2(100)

two adjacent frames before and after (apng) http://images2.imagebam.com/76/ec/3d...7769202563.png

UPD: After my requests,the author (Sergey 1400) of plugin "Camcorder color denoise" updated and made a 64-bit version. http://acobw.narod.ru
I Propose to add/replace chroma denoise to him in your script mClean.

Last edited by zub35; 4th March 2018 at 20:14.
zub35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 04:02   #344  |  Link
burfadel

I can work something out there! There's also something what I want to do, I won't have much time until the weekend.
Old 6th March 2018, 09:05   #345  |  Link
javidial

Where can I download the avs file for this plugin. I've been using the version 1.8 in staxrip and it works very well. I'm impressed. Thanks
javidial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 11:35   #346  |  Link
Taurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by javidial View Post
Where can I download the avs file for this plugin. I've been using the version 1.8 in staxrip and it works very well. I'm impressed. Thanks
Heh
Just look at the first page of this thread !
It's not a plugin, it's a script!
Just copy and paste the content of the code to a new avsi.
Make clear you name this script mClean.avsi and you should be done.....
Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 15:25   #347  |  Link
burfadel

Check the dependencies, v3.2 requires recent versions and the output should be a bit nicer as well.
Old 4th April 2018, 11:19   #348  |  Link
ryrynz

Link to flash3kyuu_deband 2.0pre2 is down, someone up it for me?
Found it

Last edited by ryrynz; 13th April 2018 at 12:24.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2018, 14:59   #349  |  Link
Stereodude

How does mClean compare to MCTD or QTGMC for SD and HD content?

(yes I know QTGMC is a deinterlacer, but InputType=1 works pretty well on progressive content)
Stereodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2018, 16:08   #350  |  Link
Stereodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Link to flash3kyuu_deband 2.0pre2 is down, someone up it for me?
Found it
That's the 32-bit version. Do you have a link to a 64-bit one?

Also, this 32-bit one reports that it doesn't have an argument called presets.

Edit: A 64-bit one with a preset argument is available here:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmGuHbW3zvrBmb4tmBP2-KUToKUpVQ

Last edited by Stereodude; 2nd May 2018 at 16:12.
Old 2nd May 2018, 21:18   #351  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
How does mClean compare to MCTD or QTGMC for SD and HD content?

(yes I know QTGMC is a deinterlacer, but InputType=1 works pretty well on progressive content)
It suffers the same problem as smdegrain that they altered details on moving objects.
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2018, 22:09   #352  |  Link
Stereodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansing View Post
It suffers the same problem as smdegrain that they altered details on moving objects.
FWIW, I played with it a bit on a concert DVD I'm messing with. mClean seems to inferior to MCTD based on my examinations of still frames from it. I will pick a segment and compare it in motion, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope.

Based on what I've seen it might be better suited for animation, but that's just a guess.

Edit: In motion it's ugly. MCTD clobbers it.

Last edited by Stereodude; 3rd May 2018 at 01:30.
Old 9th May 2018, 06:29   #353  |  Link
Khun_Doug

Out of curiosity, and a test of my tenacity to get something to function, I grabbed the latest scripts for MCTD. Not to get off topic on this forum, can anyone report on it working properly with sharp=true? I believe this is the default and MCTD scripts I found all crash with sharp=true but will function with sharp=false. There is something about the parameters to mt_clamp being incorrect.

I bring it up here since MCTD is being compared to MClean. I don't believe the comparison is accurate or valid if the script is crippled.

I will try to post something on a forum for MCTD to see if anyone there has any suggestions. I really would like to give it a test. I have some really REALLY noisy sources that thrive on these filters.
Khun_Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2018, 17:03   #354  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khun_Doug View Post
Out of curiosity, and a test of my tenacity to get something to function, I grabbed the latest scripts for MCTD. Not to get off topic on this forum, can anyone report on it working properly with sharp=true? I believe this is the default and MCTD scripts I found all crash with sharp=true but will function with sharp=false. There is something about the parameters to mt_clamp being incorrect.

I bring it up here since MCTD is being compared to MClean. I don't believe the comparison is accurate or valid if the script is crippled.

I will try to post something on a forum for MCTD to see if anyone there has any suggestions. I really would like to give it a test. I have some really REALLY noisy sources that thrive on these filters.
You probably have some outdated plugin. This is the latest mctd from taro:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...22#post1559222

For the requirement filters you'll need to find them elsewhere as the download link was outdated.
Old 10th May 2018, 05:25   #355  |  Link
Khun_Doug

Hi lansing, I tried the version of the script you showed and I also found one slightly newer version dated back to 2013. The plug-in for mt_clamp is in masktools2 and the version I used for testing is 2.2.14, dated February 2018. I tried both versions of the X86 plug-in, but not the XP version since I am not using XP. Keep in mind that up until now, none of the other scripts I use have had or have any trouble with this version of masktools2, and even the previous version. I even went so far as moving the masktools2.dll to a different folder just to be sure there wasn't one somewhere else, and that caused a slew of other errors, so I am sure the version of masktools2 is not some older version that sneaked in somewhere else.

I get nowhere with this filter if sharpening is used. Set sharp=false and it works. In looking at the code, sharpening seems to be the only section that uses the mt_clamp function. The error remains the same, no matter what version of masktools2, incorrect arguments to mt_clamp.

I'm dead in the water as for comparing this to MClean until I can get past this error. And since the last update was back in 2013 I wonder if the author is available, or even if there is anyone else that can understand the script or help me diagnose why it fails on my system. I did as much debugging as I am able to but I am not clear on what argument or arguments are wrong.

I admit I am bummed about this. Anytime I can add another tool, it's a good thing. And being able to compare tools is also a good thing. Neither is happening for me right now.
Old 10th May 2018, 22:12   #356  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Hi lansing, I tried the version of the script you showed and I also found one slightly newer version dated back to 2013. The plug-in for mt_clamp is in masktools2 and the version I used for testing is 2.2.14, dated February 2018. I tried both versions of the X86 plug-in, but not the XP version since I am not using XP. Keep in mind that up until now, none of the other scripts I use have had or have any trouble with this version of masktools2, and even the previous version. I even went so far as moving the masktools2.dll to a different folder just to be sure there wasn't one somewhere else, and that caused a slew of other errors, so I am sure the version of masktools2 is not some older version that sneaked in somewhere else.

I get nowhere with this filter if sharpening is used. Set sharp=false and it works. In looking at the code, sharpening seems to be the only section that uses the mt_clamp function. The error remains the same, no matter what version of masktools2, incorrect arguments to mt_clamp.

I'm dead in the water as for comparing this to MClean until I can get past this error. And since the last update was back in 2013 I wonder if the author is available, or even if there is anyone else that can understand the script or help me diagnose why it fails on my system. I did as much debugging as I am able to but I am not clear on what argument or arguments are wrong.

I admit I am bummed about this. Anytime I can add another tool, it's a good thing. And being able to compare tools is also a good thing. Neither is happening for me right now.
What is the exact error you're getting?
Old 11th May 2018, 07:14   #357  |  Link
Khun_Doug

The error is invalid arguments to mt_clamp. I tried another script/filter that uses mt_clamp and the filter functions, no errors. From that I conclude that masktools2 is good. Today I tried updating to the latest AviSynth+, and that had no effect on this. Tried masktools2 2.2.13 and 2.2.14, and the one listed in comments of the script, version 2.0a48. Same error message. Other scripts working fine, including MClean.

My system has an I7-6850K, Windows 10 64 bit 64GB RAM. It is possible I am hitting something that is CPU dependent. What confuses me is that others are using the script without errors. I don't know how to diagnose or debug this.

There is a thread on this on the Doom9 MCTD forum. I am not sure the moderator wants discussion about this error on this forum. It doesn't matter to me where I get help on this. I am stuck as it stands and I would really like to have another tool and be able to compare it against MClean.
Old 11th May 2018, 07:53   #358  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
The error is invalid arguments to mt_clamp. I tried another script/filter that uses mt_clamp and the filter functions, no errors. From that I conclude that masktools2 is good. Today I tried updating to the latest AviSynth+, and that had no effect on this. Tried masktools2 2.2.13 and 2.2.14, and the one listed in comments of the script, version 2.0a48. Same error message. Other scripts working fine, including MClean.

My system has an I7-6850K, Windows 10 64 bit 64GB RAM. It is possible I am hitting something that is CPU dependent. What confuses me is that others are using the script without errors. I don't know how to diagnose or debug this.

There is a thread on this on the Doom9 MCTD forum. I am not sure the moderator wants discussion about this error on this forum. It doesn't matter to me where I get help on this. I am stuck as it stands and I would really like to have another tool and be able to compare it against MClean.
I'm suspecting that you may have put a 64 bit dll into the 32 bit plugin folder or vise versa. The most basic way to find the problematic file is remove all dll from the plugin folder, run the mctd script, and then put the files back in one by one according to the error message.
Old 11th May 2018, 09:43   #359  |  Link
Khun_Doug

I went through all the plugins and installed a 32 bit version to be sure I didn't make that error, and still get the same error. Remember that if I set sharp to false, the script operates properly. Also, I tried a different script that uses the mt_clamp function and that script runs correctly. Whatever this is, it is isolated to the MCTD script and only the section that invokes the mt_clamp function.

Just as a test, I slipped in a 64 bit dll in place of a 32 bit dll and AvsPmod immediately detected the error and will not process the script. I am now sure that all plugins are indeed 32 bit. And I only testing 32 bit at this point. Once I had that working I planned to move to 64 bit. I have always been under the impression that 32 bit was more stable than 64 bit. That may not be true anymore, and once I get sleep I will try this using 64 bit plugins. The struggle continues.
Old 11th May 2018, 09:58   #360  |  Link
ChaosKing

Easiest way to check for plugin problems is avsmeter: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174797

AVSMeter(64).exe -avsinfo

Tags
cleaning, denoise, denoiser, mclean