Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 13th November 2011, 02:15   #101  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasF View Post
Still can't hide mouse in full screen mode !
Every year or so, I check on Zoom Player, and despite the gazillion options, still this fatal flaw is dragging along !
Just WOW.
Eh?

Dunno what you are going on about.

The mouse disappears after about 5 seconds. It ALWAYS HAS.

The only time it won't, in my experience, is when you have 2 monitors, with ZP full screen on one, and another application has focus. The mouse doens't "belong" to ZP then, it belongs to the other application, so it doesn't get hidden.
Mark_A_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2011, 02:22   #102  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonier View Post
I don't know if you're aware of this, but I just found out that I can't use subtitles with madVR's video decoders. The problem is that ZP tries to insert VobSub or ffdshow between the video decoder and the renderer and that's not possible with the madVR decoders. The one really bad thing is that ZP doesn't tell you that it can't do it. It seems to think that it's working fine since the OSD messages show up when you switch subtitles, but the subtitles never appear.

Apparently MPC-HC, J. River and Potplayer all have their own subtitle renderers that can communicate with madVR separately so they work fine with the madVR decoders.

Just to be clear, you are talking about when MadVR is a decoder and renderer? Not just MadVR renderer.

Because Vobsub does work perfectly when it is inserted between the Decoder and Renderer.

You would need another method of rendering subtitles. So submit a feature request already!
Mark_A_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2011, 07:15   #103  |  Link
jmonier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_A_W View Post
Just to be clear, you are talking about when MadVR is a decoder and renderer? Not just MadVR renderer.

Because Vobsub does work perfectly when it is inserted between the Decoder and Renderer.

You would need another method of rendering subtitles. So submit a feature request already!
Yes, it's the case where madVR is both a decoder and a renderer. Of course it works fine when I use a separate decoder.
jmonier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blu-ray, dvd, media player, zoom player