Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 30th September 2019, 21:08   #17361  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Mdegrain2 running on CPU is a real bottleneck in your case. How many FPS do you get with mdegrain2 only?
Can't get Mdegrain2 to work with AVSMeter, having the scrolling issue for some reason.
Had to run a job, used the same job that was getting ~12 FPS with these filters: `FastLineDarkenMOD4().LSFmod()`
Found I was only getting ~2FPS, so yeah, Mdegrain is the slow down (I was wrong, wasn't to do with my GPU, sorry), but (not using DEmode) only using ~33% (20%-40% seems to be the range) of the CPU during encode, so it seems the multiple processing threads isn't working for some reason? I have the "Limit to following filters only" unchecked.

Last edited by byteshare; 30th September 2019 at 21:11.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2019, 21:56   #17362  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Show me your full script
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2019, 03:51   #17363  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Show me your full script
I ran it on a Ryzen 1700. I ran a similar test on a Ryzen 2700x and it is using more CPU ~60% in AVSmeter, which is showing correctly (not scrolling the data).
Update: Re-ran the above test after another reboot and an update to RB the AVSmeter isn't scrolling and not sure what you changed but it is using way more CPU and I'm getting ~9 FPS now!
Awesome, thank you!

Last edited by byteshare; 2nd October 2019 at 20:47.
Old 1st October 2019, 19:04   #17364  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Something I'm noticing with the new update (now that my jobs are going faster!) is most of the jobs are failing at the remux step.
I don't think it is the filename, unless it is the "-" and if I manually run the batch file to make the video.265 it works fine and the video looks good.
I have at least 4 others I am able to see this happening on and two others that worked correctly. I am only encoding the video (skipping the demux step in the options to skip audio)

Update: Set my last update time to 2016, don't see any new updates, my Core is 2019.09.30.
Added a job that was failing again, and it failed again. only characters not ABC123, were brackets and a dash: "[" "]" "-"

Last edited by byteshare; 2nd October 2019 at 20:45.
Old 2nd October 2019, 10:44   #17365  |  Link
duffbeer

How does RipBot handle HDR10+? Does it get passed through to the encoded MKV file or is it converted to HDR10?
duffbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2019, 11:05   #17366  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

No. You have to pass that data on your own.
Old 2nd October 2019, 11:43   #17367  |  Link
cypher007

Possible cpu or windows bug, slow encode

Noticed when encoding some anime, using very slow and animation tunes, that my intel i5 9100f doesn’t use 100% cpu. It seems to max 2 cores and about 70-80% the other 4 cores.

The result is 2-4fps. But if I open taskmgr it will then creep upto 16fps, this is on the first pass of a 2 pass encode.

So when I left some encodes to run 2 took nearly 3 hrs for 23min of video. But then the last 2 took 45mins. As I think I checked the cpu usage.

It’s like rip bot is dozing until the pc is used.
cypher007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2019, 12:51   #17368  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Most likely win10 is doing something "Smart". Change power profile to high performance
Old 2nd October 2019, 18:27   #17369  |  Link
userx

Hello
Is there any possibility to automatically delete source file after successful end of job?
userx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2019, 18:58   #17370  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by userx View Post
Hello
Is there any possibility to automatically delete source file after successful end of job?
Not yet. Maybe in next update.
Old 2nd October 2019, 22:17   #17371  |  Link
slalom

There is a problem

If I run a job again, the program doesn't overwrite the previous file. I have to rename the old, for the new to be created

EDIT

To be more precise, running CombineAllChunks.cmd, doesn't overwrite existing video.264/5 in jobx folder

EDIT 2

Delete previous line

Something else is happening and overwrite doesn't work

Last edited by slalom; 3rd October 2019 at 12:36.
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2019, 13:18   #17372  |  Link
Ryushin

4K Disc Seamless Branching Causing Audio Sync Issue

Just wanted to bring this up again. I don't know how it would just be me though. I installed fresh versions of Ripbot264 a month or so ago and the 4K seamless branching is still causing issues. From a previous post:

I rip a 4K disc to the hard drive that has seamless branching, such as Incredibles 2. I then use Ripbot to pull in the movie and process it. The output will have out of sync audio towards the end of the movie. I think this only happens on 4K discs that are towards 2 hours or longer. Just had to go through this with Ralph Breaks the Internet and Snow White and the Huntsman Extended edition.

The work around I've been doing is to use MakeMKV to create a video file from the same source and then pull that into Ripbot to process it and it comes out fine.

This time the 4K disc in question is Ratatouille.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2019, 15:28   #17373  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
Just wanted to bring this up again. I don't know how it would just be me though. I installed fresh versions of Ripbot264 a month or so ago and the 4K seamless branching is still causing issues. From a previous post:

I rip a 4K disc to the hard drive that has seamless branching, such as Incredibles 2. I then use Ripbot to pull in the movie and process it. The output will have out of sync audio towards the end of the movie. I think this only happens on 4K discs that are towards 2 hours or longer. Just had to go through this with Ralph Breaks the Internet and Snow White and the Huntsman Extended edition.

The work around I've been doing is to use MakeMKV to create a video file from the same source and then pull that into Ripbot to process it and it comes out fine.

Which decoder are you using? And what is your Core version?
Old 3rd October 2019, 16:11   #17374  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
Which decoder are you using? And what is your Core version?
FFMS2 for the decoder and v1.25. Under tools, Core says 2019.09.01.
Old 3rd October 2019, 16:31   #17375  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
FFMS2 for the decoder and v1.25. Under tools, Core says 2019.09.01.
You're using an old version, should be 2019.09.30 for the core
Old 3rd October 2019, 20:36   #17376  |  Link
cypher007

Quote:
Most likely win10 is doing something "Smart". Change power profile to high performance
I’ll try putting it on high performance and see what happens.
cypher007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2019, 21:04   #17377  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:

Be carefull with MakeMKV, it has issues with Disney/Pixar Animation. I think its because of the seamless branching. I had alot of issue where ripbot will reject it saying it didnt have any audio. It turned out that MakeMKV does a poor job and there was a glitch in the movie and audio. I then switched to MKVToolNix to rip the main movie and it seem to do a proper job and havent got any AV sync issues.
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2019, 12:03   #17378  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
You're using an old version, should be 2019.09.30 for the core
Updated to the latest version and it is still doing the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZZ View Post
Be carefull with MakeMKV, it has issues with Disney/Pixar Animation. I think its because of the seamless branching. I had alot of issue where ripbot will reject it saying it didnt have any audio. It turned out that MakeMKV does a poor job and there was a glitch in the movie and audio. I then switched to MKVToolNix to rip the main movie and it seem to do a proper job and havent got any AV sync issues.
I'll keep an eye out for that. I'm using the MakeMKV for Linux and at least for me, it is making mkv files that are synced correctly and I import those into RipBot and I get the good output that is synced.

This only seems to occur on 4K content. Blu-ray seamless branching seems to work great and I have no issues.
Old 4th October 2019, 13:50   #17379  |  Link
GZZ

Quote:
This only seems to occur on 4K content. Blu-ray seamless branching seems to work great and I have no issues.
I only had issue with Disney/Pixar and MakeMKV, I use it for all other movies without issue. So thinking its the way Disney/Pixar 4k UHD is created.
GZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2019, 18:17   #17380  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
There is a problem

If I run a job again, the program doesn't overwrite the previous file. I have to rename the old, for the new to be created

EDIT

To be more precise, running CombineAllChunks.cmd, doesn't overwrite existing video.264/5 in jobx folder

EDIT 2

Delete previous line

Something else is happening and overwrite doesn't work
For me it seems if I open RB, start jobs, abort, and then without restarting RB start the jobs again at the end of a job it won't mux.
--Update, might be more to it but I'm having the issue on more than one machine for jobs not muxing at the end (was only using one for a bit), so two separate machines with different sources running DE mode locally.
Running The batch CombineAllChunks then job1_MuxFiles works fine when I do it manually, so for now I'm run the combineallchunks then the jobxx_muxfiles batch manually. :/
Code:
"Z:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.265" 
mkvmerge v37.0.0 ('Leave It') 64-bit
Error: The file 'Z:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\video.265' could not be opened for reading: open file error.
Side thing: I see .lwi files being made even though I have it set to FFMS2, is that intentional and if so why?

Last edited by byteshare; 5th October 2019 at 08:35.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360