Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC)
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th January 2018, 04:00   #1  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Grey frames while seeking HEVC in .ts

Hi,
I've been experiencing grey frames while seeking HEVC muxed in .ts.
It doesn't happen if the same file has been muxed to .mkv
I'm not sure whether it's the player or the file itself.
Using MPV and the default GNOME player on Linux, grey frames are displayed.
Using Media Player Classic + K-Lite Codec Pack on Windows grey frames are displayed.
Using PotPlayer on Windows, grey frames are not displayed while seeking.
During playback, all players are fine.
I encode with x265 and mux with ffmpeg, 'cause with tsmuxer audio is out of sync.

Code:
x265.exe "AVS Script.avs" --profile Main10 --level 5.0 --preset medium --tune fastdecode --no-high-tier --ref 2 --rc-lookahead 3 -b 2 --profile main10 --bitrate 25000 --deblock -4:-4 --overscan show --colormatrix bt709 --range limited --transfer bt709 --colorprim bt709 --videoformat component --no-open-gop --min-keyint 1 --keyint 24 --aud --repeat-headers --rd 3 --vbv-maxrate 25000 --vbv-bufsize 25000 --asm=sse4.2  --wpp -o "D:\raw_video.hevc"

ffmpeg.exe -i "AVS Script.avs" -vn -sn -c:a ac3 -b:a 384k -ar 48000  "D:\raw_audio.ac3"

mkvmerge.exe --output D:/raw_video.mkv --language 0:und ^"^(^" D:/raw_video.hevc ^"^)^" --language 0:und ^"^(^" D:/raw_audio.ac3 ^"^)^" --track-order 0:0,1:0

ffmpeg.exe -i "D:/raw_video.mkv" -c copy -f mpegts -metadata provider_name="OPF-Italia" -metadata service_provider="OPF-Italia" -metadata service_name="OPF-Italia Entertainment Studio" -mpegts_original_network_id 0x1122 -mpegts_transport_stream_id 0x3344 -mpegts_service_id 0x5566 -mpegts_pmt_start_pid 0x1500 -mpegts_start_pid 0x150 -mpegts_service_type "digital_tv" -mpegts_flags "resend_headers" "D:\final.ts"

pause

Any suggestion? I can upload a sample, if you wanna chack it with your favorite player.

Last edited by FranceBB; 30th January 2018 at 04:02.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 13:16   #2  |  Link
sneaker_ger

That's probably normal. There is no index in ts files so players just seek whereever and then decoding breaks. Some players may wait until the next keyframe but others just start playback and then output the garbage (e.g. LAV/MPC-HC). (I'm excluding the possibility that these files are broken in some way making the problem even worse.)
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 15:24   #3  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Got it.
Yep, files are fine; they are just an HEVC encode of an original HDCAM SR acquisition, upscaled, filtered (light denoise and 16bit de-banding) and encoded at 10bit CBR.
Thank you. ^_^
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote